zizzle
farfan
Luca
StrugaRock
16 posters

Go down

Goal.com or LOL.com Empty Goal.com or LOL.com

Post by StrugaRock Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:18 pm

OK guys, tell me a site that contains only football news, but is better and more professional than this utter shite of a site.

Not that I am a Real Madrid fan and I see day in day out hate storm on Ronaldo and Real Madrid, but really their articles are biased, childish, and actually they look as they were written by 6 year old fan boys

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14312/features/2016/06/27/25113422/messis-catastrophic-penalty-meltdown-would-never-have?ICID=HP_HN_2

StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Goal.com or LOL.com Empty Re: Goal.com or LOL.com

Post by Luca Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Probably not going to find one. Maybe sky sports?

I mean Goal usually just pieces together articles from other sites with poor sources. They are the melting pot of garbage rumours.

I usually just stick to the main men in GL, they sort it out in the transfers thread for me Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:00 pm

GL should start a news section . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:38 pm

StrugaRock wrote:OK guys, tell me a site that contains only football news, but is better and more professional than this utter shite of a site.

Not that I am a Real Madrid fan and I see day in day out hate storm on Ronaldo and Real Madrid, but really their articles are biased, childish, and actually they look as they were written by 6 year old fan boys

http://www.goal.com/en/news/14312/features/2016/06/27/25113422/messis-catastrophic-penalty-meltdown-would-never-have?ICID=HP_HN_2

Because the articles are indeed written by 6 year old fans. There was a report the other day discussing how the abuse interns with the work load and you can see that over the years the majority of their quality reporters just disappeared. What sucks though is that the quality void previously filled by old goal.com was never filled so all you can do is scrap online for an article here and a report there..
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 am

Soccernet?

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:03 am

StrugaRock wrote:OK guys, tell me a site that contains only football news, but is better and more professional than this utter shite of a site.

www.fcbarcelona.com???

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:47 pm

@StrugaRock: kicker.de if you can understand German.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Why would he understand German? Stop hyping German things RWO smh.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Have you seen our cars?

a best friend who stabbed me in the back at the beginning of high school is now an editor for goal; my distaste for Goal is personal

I usually just glance over /r/soccer
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:25 pm

I stopped visiting goal.com years ago. Just like you, I think it's filled with chronically angry and impolite members and their articles are written by immature and impartial fans. Basically, they steal other articles from other websites and piece them together.

They don't have any connections or sources, they're basically a fansite pretending to be professionals.

The article you attached to your post about Messi's meltdown is the definition of click-bait. Die-hard Messi and Ronaldo fans will click on it by the thousands and scroll down without reading it to have a pointless fight in the comment section. Ultimately, that's exactly what Goal wants; thousands of clicks and hundreds of comments to bring the silver and keep on climbing the Google search ladder. As for the content? Nobody is really reading it, especially their brainless members. So it's really a win-win for them.

To answer your question; and since you're a Real Madrid fan, I recommend Marca. They used to be a pathetic, laughable and unreliable news outlet, but ever since they snatched Cope's journalists, their news and transfer rumors related to Real Madrid have been quite accurate. However, if you want a whole community dedicated to Real Madrid, you can check out Managing Madrid.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Goal.com is still a thing? I haven't been back there since the forums closed and we all moved to GoalLegacy.

Sky Sports seemed alright when I used to browse them back in the day, though back then the EPL was at the height of its power so their articles were a bit Premfacy, that will probably have changed in the past 5 years.

What about Bleacher Report? I haven't been there in years either but when I used it I thought it seemed alright, it was also good for keeping track of news of other sports since they cover every major sport. There was this one writer who supported Arsenal who was annoying though.

Honestly, the only football related sites I go on these days are Goallegacy and Barcaforum, which aren't even news sites but message boards. I just got tired of the shit that news sites would post in an effort to get clicks, especially during the transfer season.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Football-italia.net for any Italian related news, analysis etc. Dont know anything else for other leagues

Bleacher report is also pretty good.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:44 pm

I like both Cope (www.cope.es) and El Confidencial (www.elconfidencial.com). Both are newspapers but their sports sections are good. Look for deportes section in both. They are in Spanish, I'm not sure if they have English versions of articles like Marca does.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:24 pm

I could sit on my keyboard and spill a better article than those on Goal.

No disrespect to Barca fans but 2-3 writers on Goal seem like butthurt and childish Barca fans, whom if Barca wins you get 20 articles on how Messi passed a through ball to Suarez, 6 of them being that Ronaldo won't do that because he is selfish, 7 of them being why this Barca is better than last season, and 9 of them are why Real Madrid will never reach that level.

I know they are Barca fans, but they are "professional" reporters and need to act like it.

I would also be angry if it happened the other way around, I am looking for a site with less biased articles and more professional reviews, analytics and reliable exclusives.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Sep 05, 2024 2:11 am

Goal.com or LOL.com Screen82
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 05, 2024 6:32 am

https://www.goal.com/en/lists/rodri-deserves-ballon-dor-almost-unbeatable-midfielder-man-city-spain/blt06d96be2a7a046bd
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:40 am

They are starting the Rodri campaign just in time for the balon d'or voting rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:24 am

Vini campaign seems bigger tbh
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:33 am

A Vini/Bellingham campaign would actually be warranted as they had the best season. Campaigning for Rodri is them trying to create hype just before the voting. I bet when the voting comes out Rodri will win the media vote.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:36 am

I'm just talking about the picture really, I posted it because I found it funny that they are running all 3 campaigns at the same time, one next to another Laughing

Vini biggest, Rodri second, Jude 3rd, which is how it will conclude in the end anyway.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:47 am

Meanwhile

Joke nominations
halamadrid2
halamadrid2