Freeza
The Franchise
Warrior
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
20 posters

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:57 pm

If I'm Philly I would take Grant + pick for Simmons. Ben has tanked his value with his behaviour and, more importantly, Philly are playing well without him, so just accept a piece that strengthens your title chances. They're not gonna get a star at this point. (Plus they would get the last laugh by sending Simmons to one of the worst teams in the league).

As for Detroit, Hayes is a bust (so bench him) and they can play Cunningham at SG and PG when Simmons is sitting.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:07 pm

it would be a nice last fuck you to send him to Detroit i agree Laughing and yea thinking about it again, it could be the best Philly get for Simmons now
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:25 pm

Nah they should keep Ben and when they win a ring give it to him in front of the Philly crowd.

Honestly sending him anywhere at this point should be on hold until he's been evaluated by team and third party doctors/psychologists. If he's flat out lying about his mental health then ship him to Detroit then.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:48 pm

EG.

I have read the article, I understand if you apply any stat correctly you can gleen something from it. That is true and obvious.

However, when a stat like this is used to try and explain how good or bad a player is defensively, it doesn't work. It's simply too empty. It's like using ppg to explain who the best scorer is.

The link itself explains the flaws, my point is, those flaws are so critical, it cannot be ignored and it renders the entire stat "useless".

For example :

Steals limitations

"Additionally, there is no way to track anything other than successful gambles resulting in steals. An often overlooked aspect of defensive play is the unsuccessful ventures at thievery that result in an opponent blowing by the defensive player. "

This to me is absolutely critical. One gamble which doesn't pay off is far worse than one gamble which does pay off is good.

Going through all the limitations, its all things I'd consider very important. In fact I'd say they missed out some pretty big limitations, or didn't consider them.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:29 pm

i don't see how just because some things are unable to be recorded an entire attempt at a stat should be rendered "useless" when all the other things it measures well enough it does so well enough. I echo the sentiments of the writer that it just plainly sounds dumb to me, so let's agree to disagree then.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:25 pm

everyone's scoring numbers down? Steph with a 45 and a 50 burger first 10 games of the season

rumour out today: Ben Simmons for Jaylen Brown... thoughts on both sides?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:01 pm

Celtics would be mad to.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:10 pm

you think so? like i said before i don't know where Celtics are intending to go with this team. Brown and Tatum might be too similar of players to coexist cohesively. Has the two max players being wing players experiment ever worked out so far... hasn't quite worked out at the Clippers either... i think we are forgetting that just before the playoffs we were talking about should Ben Simmons be winning DPOY... is he a top 25 player in the league and all of that. The playoff meltdown and his offensive struggles remains a concern sure, but maybe a new environment is all the fixing he needs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 pm

What i find odd is the proximity of Sixers and Celtics they play in the same division

For now Simmons offers less guarantees (although Brown is as injury prone as they come like Embiid) but i would not like to have him in my face for years to come.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:08 am

Ant-Man really is THAT dude on Minnesota. And KAT such a beta cuck, can't even make a little something out of this Edwards revelation.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Blazers president just resigned

They fired Terry Stotts this summer and the new coach is a rookie coach. The result is absolutely atrocious from the 2 games i've seen. Next up is the coach, the GM or McCollum ? I still think they will live or die Lillard but that's just a logical assumption
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:19 pm

I definitely think the Celtics need to make a change. But is trading Brown for Ben Simmons just change for the sake of change?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:53 pm

Wardell walked into KD's house and had the entire arena chanting for him to bomb down one more three from halfcourt everytime he walked it up Laughing yea there's levels to this GOATness
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:24 pm

What a disaster of a season lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Kings finally get rid of Walton.

How he lasted this long is beyond me. How they even thought it was going to work in the first place ffs.

Joerger was doing a fine job.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What a disaster of a season lmao.

Getting another #1 pick to go with Zion sounds good tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:30 pm

If DeAaron Fox could get back to his last season level, the Kings should be doing better. They need him to be the star among their other, "quite good" players. They have a lot of scrubs on the bench, though.

As for the Pelicans, it's all eyes on Zion, once again. Him, Ingram and Valanciunas - who has been balling this season - is a great front-court. Too bad they completely messed up the guard positions, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:46 pm

Art Morte wrote:If DeAaron Fox could get back to his last season level, the Kings should be doing better. They need him to be the star among their other, "quite good" players. They have a lot of scrubs on the bench, though.

As for the Pelicans, it's all eyes on Zion, once again. Him, Ingram and Valanciunas - who has been balling this season - is a great front-court. Too bad they completely messed up the guard positions, though.

I've never been convinced that Fox is someone the Kings should build their franchise around though. Like, even Haliburton has come in and the level between the two isn't some big gulf, and Haliburton was a rookie last season. He's not the shooter they need him to be, that's for sure, and I'm not sure how much he's developed over the years.

I think Fox can be a good second or third option. I'm not sure he's good enough to build a franchise around, despite the season he had last year (which was a great season)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:58 am

I don't, either, think that Fox is great, just saying that out of the players they have, he should be the best or they're going to struggle.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:24 am

it will be interesting to see what the new coach does to balance that backcourt
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:06 am

Imagine being the worst Lakers coach of all time and then getting a great job with an incredibly talented roster rofl

What a fucking grifter
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:26 pm

That team screams 11th place

Starters: Fox-Haliburton-Harkless-Barnes-Holmes. From the bench Hield/Mitchell and some G-Leaguers. This is far from sufficient in NBA

They might not like the manner in which they were losing but i think they will continue to lose this year. Imagine your defense being so bad it makes a fan vomit on the court, it's the first time i've seen this
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:13 pm

I saw a thread title on NBA reddit that said that Walton's record in Sacramento makes him their 2nd best coach ever, lol. Clearly their problems were not all down to him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:26 pm

68-93 (.422)

i was about to tell you it's a troll

but after fact checking it turns out it's true Laughing rofl

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 6 Kings_10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:56 pm

Michael Porter Jr reportedly could be out for the season if he needs another back surgery - his third. Denver signed him for the five-year max lmao. Get Jokic out of there, he deserves better.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:59 pm

don't know if Jokic is to make trade demands, seems more the type of stay with a franchise and wait till everything falls in place. That's that then for MPJ ever reaching his potential then, hey?
Jamal and Jokic is still a mean one-two punch though, but yea it's looking like that MPJ contract has set them back for a while now.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next