BarcaLearning
Kick
El Gunner
Arquitecto
Jay29
51 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:27 pm

Jay29 wrote:Klopp needs to give him a hand, though. His tactics have been suicidal so far.

After City shipped five at home to Leicester and now Pool conceding seven, I'm wondering if the short pre-season has messed up these teams physically. Since they defend in a way that leaves so much space to manage, if they're off on their timing and covering by just a bit they're in trouble. Defenders having to defend all that space will make more errors.

Might explain why there have been so many goals in the PL. Lots of teams trying to do high blocks and high lines but physically unable to sustain it.

that sums it up and well said. I am curious about the number of sprints Liverpool are able to do per game in the beginning of this new season. Usually Liverpool are the highest among EPL teams. I am sure the expert at Liverpool will be analysing this data in this international break.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2020/21 Premier League Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: 2020/21 Premier League Discussion

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:28 pm

I am being harsh on Firmino. He is a much better player than Pedro. But that's besides the overall point, which is one I stand by
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:31 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:As I said, at some point you will need to get over it.

Klopp is a brilliant coach compared to Ole, it's not controversial really and not a reason for rolling your eyes. I'm sure you will be able to live with this reality somehow.

This I agree with, and has never been suggested to be controversial. However, I think you're distracting from the topic of which I rolled my eyes, which is Helmer taking time out of his day to give you an in-depth analysis of what supposedly makes Klopp so brilliant, which is more than I've ever done for Ole.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:32 pm

Firenze wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Looool, this could be an historic night, unless Mou feels some pity and tells his players to stop scoring? Very Happy

calma, your 8-2 from this yr won't be surpassed, don't worry.
conceding 6 to spurs or 7 to Aston Villa (liverpool) is up there
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:34 pm

Thimmy wrote:Why not? I don't call you and Helmer out on your father complex with Klopp Rolling Eyes If I had a penny for every time Helmer regurgitates Klopp's supposed brilliance, I would've bought a striker for Real Madrid.

As for the Hertha match, I'd say it was a thrashing up until they started fighting back Razz

well what Laughing
I just mention Klopp when sometimes opposition fans end up overrating Liverpool players.
Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:As I said, at some point you will need to get over it.

Klopp is a brilliant coach compared to Ole, it's not controversial really and not a reason for rolling your eyes. I'm sure you will be able to live with this reality somehow.

This I agree with, and has never been suggested to be controversial. However, I think you're distracting from the topic of which I rolled my eyes, which is Helmer taking time out of his day to give you an in-depth analysis of what supposedly makes Klopp so brilliant, which is more than I've ever done for Ole.

I just give you guys the facts :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:41 pm

It's not like I specifically read through your posts for comments on Klopp, which Hans might suggest. He's got a stalker complex hmm I just can't help but notice that you tend to big up Klopp out of nowhere on match days. Hans also used to do it Laughing I feel like I've been reading the same stuff about his supposed man management and whatnot multiple times on here.

I don't think it's necessary to point out what a brilliant manager Klopp is. I have nothing else to add to that. As for Ole, I've never had any strong opinions regarding his management and general improvement ability, but Hans is right in pointing out that I've been quite defensive about him. Not necessarily because I like or support him in any way, but I strongly disagree with him becoming a scapegoat for absolutely everything, and I don't understand why people have such one-track minds.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:42 pm

Arquitecto wrote:And its time to put out that van Dijk has been fucking trash this season.

Already slowly he let the wins get to his head and now he has the idea he is Baresi with the ball whereas quite simply he isn't as good with the ball as he thinks.

Best CB in the world and there is no arguing that but I hope Klopp bitchslaps him back onto earth and stop being arrogant as he is.

has never been the same since Nelson messed him up at the Emirates few months back
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:55 pm

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:08 pm

Thimmy wrote:It's not like I specifically read through your posts for comments on Klopp, which Hans might suggest. He's got a stalker complex hmm I just can't help but notice that you tend to big up Klopp out of nowhere on match days. Hans also used to do it Laughing I feel like I've been reading the same stuff about his supposed man management and whatnot multiple times on here.

I don't think it's necessary to point out what a brilliant manager Klopp is. I have nothing else to add to that. As for Ole, I've never had any strong opinions regarding his management and general improvement ability, but Hans is right in pointing out that I've been quite defensive about him. Not necessarily because I like or support him in any way, but I strongly disagree with him becoming a scapegoat for absolutely everything, and I don't understand why people have such one-track minds.

I agree with the last part although I have little knowledge about the club's actual internal functioning. Utd have bigger problems than Ole alone. They need to slowly revamp the complete system with which the club operates. Neville has explained it very nicely in some of sky programs.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:22 am

Doc wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Doc wrote:Best CF in the world against the ball? Alright. Didn't know we were adding specific best of categories.

No one is sitting here calling Firmino the best striker in the world or the best goal scorer.

You asked "He brings those things that can't be measured through statistics and actual output."

Now you can't understand when you have someone actually takes the time out to explain, Stop Doc.

Hans explanation (as lovely as it was) is something I have read countless times for forwards/strikers who simply cannot do what they are supposed to do: score goals. Raul had that same explanation, Torres, Benzema during the season he scored less than 10, etc. Call it cynicism I guess.

Unlike you who always gets a bit prissy whenever anyone criticizes a Pool player, I actually was serious and genuine in my remark. Firmino does something that cannot be measured through statistics or actual output because if you did, he is gonna face serious criticism because his output is lackluster.

So yes, I can't be arsed with what I see as excuse making because it kinda looks like excuse making to me. Also, I didn't ask, I said it. With no fear or favour.

Okay mate. I have been saying since ages that we have literally 3 players who are actually good in everything that they do and calling out Klopp even though we've won the Cl and league. I have no idea where you come from, most of these LFC players won't do shit for any team and I have been vocal about it. Hell, I had to make an apology post for Gomez 2 months ago.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:34 am

Nishy is one of the most critical of LFC players along with the team here. He's been known for that in our section. Unique was the one who used to bark back at most criticisms at them not him.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:50 am

Jesus christ. How many coaches will it take to realize pogba is a NUMBER 10. His outstanding qualities are his technical ability and his passing. He can't tackle, and he's not aggressive at ALL. His stamina and workrate is very average. He holds on to the ball too long because his natural instincts are suited to being in the final third. I'm not excusing his poor performance, but he is awful at defending. Would you play isco or James at DM? No, but I guess because he's tall and strong, lets just keep sticking him in a double pivot. Got called an idiot here and on reddit for stating the truth, now who's the idiot?

:facepalm:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:34 am

I don't know, feel like Mahrez is to blame.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:49 am

Sad that a player like Mahrez is so fucking selfish.. could prob be one of the best in the world if he used 100% of his talent
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:50 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Jesus christ. How many coaches will it take to realize pogba is a NUMBER 10. His outstanding qualities are his technical ability and his passing. He can't tackle, and he's not aggressive at ALL. His stamina and workrate is very average. He holds on to the ball too long because his natural instincts are suited to being in the final third. I'm not excusing his poor performance, but he is awful at defending. Would you play isco or James at DM? No, but I guess because he's tall and strong, lets just keep sticking him in a double pivot. Got called an idiot here and on reddit for stating the truth, now who's the idiot?

Poch will have him play in the Dele ali role and he will thrive
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:44 am

Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:25 am

Honestly that bit of defending might be the single worst 10 seconds I've ever seen.

Not the entire performance mind, although that was also awful. Those 10 seconds though...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:31 am

Maguire really does mark his own players. My goodness...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:52 am

Geez, Aston Villa had so much luck with some of those deflect goals, but Liverpool were really suicidal tactics, as with Man C and many other teams lately, making it easy for opponent to just encounter and be through on goal.

Mane is injured I take it? Liverpool are so much weaker if one of their front 3 is out.

Im sure this is just a freak result though and Klopp wont let things fall apart. One thing I dont understand though is that Japanese player why does he get so much game time? Never seems to produce anything?

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:32 am

I'm glad that it happened and it happened this early in the season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:11 am

Terrible news

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:01 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Jesus christ. How many coaches will it take to realize pogba is a NUMBER 10. His outstanding qualities are his technical ability and his passing. He can't tackle, and he's not aggressive at ALL. His stamina and workrate is very average. He holds on to the ball too long because his natural instincts are suited to being in the final third. I'm not excusing his poor performance, but he is awful at defending. Would you play isco or James at DM? No, but I guess because he's tall and strong, lets just keep sticking him in a double pivot. Got called an idiot here and on reddit for stating the truth, now who's the idiot?

or maybe he is just overrated shit? ever thought of that?

i've never seen Pogba play as an outright 10 in any case, and i don't even think he'll thrive if he plays there. I certainly wouldn't play him there over Pernandes.

iirc correctly in Juventus Pirlo was a deep-lying playing making 6, Marchisio the workhorse box to box and Pogba a sort of free roaming attacking 8 who only shined because he had two midfield geniuses alongside him that made things wayyy easier for him. He never was that advanced, and i don't even think he had high assist numbers. I could be wrong though
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:50 pm

Robespierre wrote:Terrible news

Disgusting stuff from Arsenal
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:30 pm

He's gonna be re-hired when the fans come back, don't worry.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:08 pm

But in honour of his redundancy:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2018/may/15/david-squires-on-the-north-bank-redemption-arsene-wenger-arsenal

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next