iftikhar
Hapless_Hans
McLewis
41 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Calcio Saga 19/20 - Page 36 Empty Re: Calcio Saga 19/20

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 am

I have come to realise we hate this squad and pan them worse than they are and no it is naught to to do with the typical Milanista nostalgic rant of Ancelotti's days but to do with what came to have the squad the way it is.

When you have a collection of players hastily scouted literally put together without any acumen, by a Hedge fund and a fraud Chinese business venture into a historic club like ours, some pedigree and measures had to be set.

Instead we had these unproven players walk into the club without any such tutelage since Berlusconi, Galliani and Gattuso were not quite there at that time, and treated the place their own training playground, without the results when it really counts.

The transition of Milan from the Berlusconi-Galliani is so messy because it has been a series of trial and error without the mistakes learned from, and continually repasting a slate over the rot and hoping for results.

This is why I will fondly remember a part of Gattuso's tenure as manager because he is possibly the only one seen saying goodbye to the Milan he knew, in his old fashioned rants about the state of Milan and modern players and you could see it in his face that this very raw manager could not transmit the passion he felt as a player, onto them. The love he has for our club, onto a collection of talents who are just lost and with little footballing pedigree themselves.

Giampaolo must be sacked not because he is not good enough, but he is simply not the man to collect a squad and produce a lead with his hand and drive squads like Conte or someone of his ilk has, in a club in similar situations as Conte felt.

Giampaolo must arrive at a club where he has the tools at his hand to work, where turmoil and oblivion isnt the main theme of a club too big for itself by now. He is good enough for what he contains in his head, but he will not succeed here and is simply uninspirational and too introspective for a problem currently beyond his means.

A lucky strike in a manager can change us yes similar to Conte's first season in Juventus, producing results not a single man in the world expected.

But until we do not reignite our identity, and discover Milan after the era of success and stop looking into just our history, we will fade away into that history itself, and nothing more.

And by the way Calabria for all his talent is a complete fucking moron. Milanisti youth hype train needs to STFU for once and not incessantly hype an Academy player that moves.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:46 am

We are the Valencia of Right backs, i know they produce countless mediocre to somewhat good LBs, we're the same but for RBs

Abate
De Sciglio
Darmian
Calabria

And soon to be, Bellanova
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:56 am

Arquitecto wrote:I have come to realise we hate this squad and pan them worse than they are and no it is naught to to do with the typical Milanista nostalgic rant of Ancelotti's days but to do with what came to have the squad the way it is.

When you have a collection of players hastily scouted literally put together without any acumen, by a Hedge fund and a fraud Chinese business venture into a historic club like ours, some pedigree and measures had to be set.

Instead we had these unproven players walk into the club without any such tutelage since Berlusconi, Galliani and Gattuso were not quite there at that time, and treated the place their own training playground, without the results when it really counts.

The transition of Milan from the Berlusconi-Galliani is so messy because it has been a series of trial and error without the mistakes learned from, and continually repasting a slate over the rot and hoping for results.

This is why I will fondly remember a part of Gattuso's tenure as manager because he is possibly the only one seen saying goodbye to the Milan he knew, in his old fashioned rants about the state of Milan and modern players and you could see it in his face that this very raw manager could not transmit the passion he felt as a player, onto them. The love he has for our club, onto a collection of talents who are just lost and with little footballing pedigree themselves.

Giampaolo must be sacked not because he is not good enough, but he is simply not the man to collect a squad and produce a lead with his hand and drive squads like Conte or someone of his ilk has, in a club in similar situations as Conte felt.

Giampaolo must arrive at a club where he has the tools at his hand to work, where turmoil and oblivion isnt the main theme of a club too big for itself by now. He is good enough for what he contains in his head, but he will not succeed here and is simply uninspirational and too introspective for a problem currently beyond his means.

A lucky strike in a manager can change us yes similar to Conte's first season in Juventus, producing results not a single man in the world expected.

But until we do not reignite our identity, and discover Milan after the era of success and stop looking into just our history, we will fade away into that history itself, and nothing more.

And by the way Calabria for all his talent is a complete fucking moron. Milanisti youth hype train needs to STFU for once and not incessantly hype an Academy player that moves.

i agree on this big time, i wanted to say something in defense of Elliot.
i think they are doing a good job from their own objectives (without writing essay ... all i can say is that they have done everything right except failing to choose the right personnel (technical and sporting people) to assess the entire squad from top to bottom and slowly but surely throw the cancers from the root.

i have nothing but deep appreciation for our old guards who gave their all and everything but i would seriously want competent sporting / technical directors...
maldini, boban, massara all 3 has to go

i think they sort of grossly underestimated the seriousness in lack of quality in all departments, namely midfield, and even defense and they were still busy hunting luxury players and failed eventually. we still have 200 million worth of toxic investments famously bought by mirabelli and i still find it hard to believe that our current technical team is fine with their existence.

giampaolo i think should disappear too but i dont think its going to change much even if we were to get guardiola lol the problem still are the quality in squad ... and i fail to understand why guys like sacchi, maldini comes out in media and say oh giampaolo needs time.

i dont think anyone should need time that goes to coach, players, technical / sporting directors ... we got a decade worth of time to get milan to its rightful place and they are still making these excuses

with youth being overhyped lol dont even get me started, milan primavera has not been competitive for like 15-20 years now on consistent basis.

today's result doesnt make me any happier, lol we got that result by the skin of our teeth. next week its probably going to be square one. and i cant even think of fixtures in November. we are going to be absolutely slaughtered in the field, media, forums, news everywhere...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:00 am

Kaladin wrote:We are the Valencia of Right backs, i know they produce countless mediocre to somewhat good LBs, we're the same but for RBs

Abate
De Sciglio
Darmian
Calabria

And soon to be, Bellanova

lol i actually do rate bellanova i think he got a good technical competence amongst above but he too kinda i think has lost both coach and his own confidence...

Bordeaux had string of bad results and bad defensive lapses and ever since sousa took over he has been totally outcasted.

still calabria is grossly overhyped... i would really take bellanova over him anyday ... lol u should see calabria today how he got red card.. he was kinda trying to trick and flip genoa player and lost the ball on his own area and pulled shirt, and was still making weird grumpy face to referee why he got red card... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:18 am

Firenze wrote:rollercoaster of a match, 5/5

shades of NXT, given that it's a match between two jobbers that entertained

Serie A is great this season

Yes, Serie A  continues to be guarantee of drama even for minor matches

and  a mention for the Genoa girl on 2:20 tbf

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:20 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Just saw Genoa Milan highlights

Can anyone explain what the f for the Genoa player was sent off?!

Baffling stuff

Clear chance to score I think
It is less comprehnsible that penalty kick give to Genoa (missed by Schone) for me, that's possible just for Serie A refs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:27 am

A lot of the small teams have improved, matches are closer this season. Even Lecce or Verona can beat or complicate any match more than the recent years.

Fiore-Udinese looks interesting now. Chance for Fiore to win 3 in a row and totally change the face of their early season.

All the other matches look good to wait for the main one tonight
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:50 pm

ffs CHiesa

that has to be a goal
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:12 pm

some nice footwork from Castrovilli
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Chiesa is not bad. Should score more goals though.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Roma within their breathtaking second half against Cagliari, in which half chance after chance was continually squandered against a very valiant defensive effort from the Sardinians, has a goal scored in the final min to make it -1-2 Roma.

Dzeko with the assist to knock it down for the not so prolific Kalinic who scores his first for Roma, with the hell of Dzeko.

What a series of 20 mins that was and did not expect Roma to actually find the net with their poor luck that was the mark of the second half.

Unlucky for Cagliari who have been impressive thjs afternoon.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:00 pm

Scratch that.

Goal kick given to Cagliari after a long pause and Kalinic's goal is cancelled.

Cannot agree with that cancellation.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:35 pm

Inter v Juve

Feel Juve may take this one that mid week game against us would've taken a little toll on Inter.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:46 pm

If Inter lose this though, their title challenge ends.

Early title decider, this.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:51 pm

Correct decision for me

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:55 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Inter v Juve

Feel Juve may take this one that mid week game against us would've taken a little toll on Inter.

Juve are stronger than us and we haven't won against them since 2016 ( still De Boer was our coach Laughing) negative score similar to Milan against us

In addition to this , I fear

- Energies . As you've already said. Moreover Bayer Neverkusen are so useless that they weren't even able to make Juve tired

- Sanchez absence. I know it sounds strange for United fans, but he's close to be our key player.
Despite he's just 60% of physical condition, we play better with him, he's already adapted good, basically our offensive manoeuvre through his foot. He can do what we 're missing.
Lautaro-Lukaku aren't a so good partnership
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:03 pm

Robespierre wrote:Correct decision for me

Agree. He definitely pushed the defender into Olsen in order to get a clear chance at goal. I'm totally ok with that being chalked off.

We didn't do enough to earn the win today anyway so it would've been a robbery of Cagliari, who were very stout defensively.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:34 pm

anyone know if the inter v juve game is on british tv or do i have to be part of the EU to watch it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:43 pm

Unique wrote:anyone know if the inter v juve game is on british tv or do i have to be part of the EU to watch it.

You have to be part of the world wide web, which seeing that you're posting here pretty sure you are.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:19 pm

No need to be dramatic, no title run, ours or theirs, ends tonight.

If we win its a 1 point difference. If Inter win its more important with a 4 point difference.

We are winning this match anyway.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:25 pm

would be 5, no?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:35 pm

Yes you are right.

A loss puts us under more pressure here.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:38 pm

Yeah, after my preseason excitement, sadly now I'm not so confident about an Inter win, or scudetto, anymore.
They can do it but the odds surely are still in Jjuve's favour.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:54 pm

Pjanic's vision for that lob to free Dybala for that run was just beautiful and Dybala having his low strike soar past Handanovic is a sign he just works well under Sarri. What a goal.

Can someone tell me benched Higuain in that upset reaction was for Dybala's goal?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:54 pm

iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Cristiano shook the crossbar there with that inside drive, to the core. I will never stopped being amazed by this man.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next