BarrileteCosmico
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Hapless_Hans
RealGunner
51 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 7 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:29 pm

Salah 2017/2018 was other worldly in many ways, he would have put Everton through a sword on his last season form. Not sure if he will ever be that good again.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 7 Empty Re: 2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Arquitescu wrote:We've had two sides of fans in our recent Liverpool title charges.

The ones I admire in their faith, refusal to resort to GL reverse jinxes to fuel their hope and always a bag full of banter before games. Exactly the attitude I recommend for anyone to progress in real life.

Then the ones ones who are cynical after years of seeing Liverpool trophy-less (Carling Cup does not count sorry) and just a genuine disposition of seeing us cursed (which it is not but merely the years add up and add inertia to the club mentality).

I am accused of the former and I suppose so as it genuinely is the attitude of a loser yet this isn't or any of it any of it within our control as us entitled fans like to think it is.

We simply are not good enough.

In this derby for all the flair, fireworks and atmosphere before and after the game is a little bit overrated given the Merseyside derby has consistently produced abysmal football for over a decade now. Thunder and grit does not count given it is back and forth with chances created from misplaced passes and crosses.

More so once again Liverpool was exposed for an exhausted front three, a star man who's been found out longer than we think despite his recent stream of goals (Salah is a very limited player; debate me) and a midfield that is always praised by the commentators yet fail to ever compose us, dictate pass, provide any penetrating passes of any sort for a now equally toothless front three and the only attack is really just coming from our fullbacks, more so the brilliant Robertson.

So baffling it is that in this day in age we play Henderson as he is laden with praise by any English pundit live on game yet is shouting within the field as our captain but I doubt anyone listens given he is producing nowhere near of what he produces in barking that only a dog can hear.

We've officially handed it to City who do not look like they are stopping anytime soon. We have bottled in results that could have been triumphed in, and anyone not blinded by the shine of that unfamiliar Premiership trophy ahead and experience in watching this team, knew that we simply lack the quality to do so.

And the lack of overall depth in squad and magic is exposed for the husk it is.

It's been quite the show, but for all of you fans who will ridicule me for my defeatist mentality; I will respect you even more. You are the voices that keep Anfield alight.

I will give you the uncreative midfield but that's about it. Salah even with limitations is a quality player. Their frontline is also quality. And I dont get the exhaustion bit either. Liverpool have had plenty of rest, much more than City.
Is the midfield the sole reason for them dropping points since the turn of the year? Maybe but I think it is more the weight of pressure. Experience matters in such high pressure title chases. City have a lot of experience. A lot of their players have won the PL and know what it is like to see out games down the stretch. We saw that in the last 2 games. Liverpool unfortuntely dont have that experience. Only Milner and he is a bit part player. They will learn from this and be stronger next season. The squad as a whole is quality. Just needs 2 quality midfielders.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool's 0-0 draw vs. Everton: "Very difficult game for different reasons. I know people don't like it when I say it, but the wind came from all different directions, the ball was in the air a lot."

rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool's 0-0 draw vs. Everton: "Very difficult game for different reasons. I know people don't like it when I say it, but the wind came from all different directions, the ball was in the air a lot."

rofl

Is this real?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:47 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:We've had two sides of fans in our recent Liverpool title charges.

The ones I admire in their faith, refusal to resort to GL reverse jinxes to fuel their hope and always a bag full of banter before games. Exactly the attitude I recommend for anyone to progress in real life.

Then the ones ones who are cynical after years of seeing Liverpool trophy-less (Carling Cup does not count sorry) and just a genuine disposition of seeing us cursed (which it is not but merely the years add up and add inertia to the club mentality).

I am accused of the former and I suppose so as it genuinely is the attitude of a loser yet this isn't or any of it any of it within our control as us entitled fans like to think it is.

We simply are not good enough.

In this derby for all the flair, fireworks and atmosphere before and after the game is a little bit overrated given the Merseyside derby has consistently produced abysmal football for over a decade now. Thunder and grit does not count given it is back and forth with chances created from misplaced passes and crosses.

More so once again Liverpool was exposed for an exhausted front three, a star man who's been found out longer than we think despite his recent stream of goals (Salah is a very limited player; debate me) and a midfield that is always praised by the commentators yet fail to ever compose us, dictate pass, provide any penetrating passes of any sort for a now equally toothless front three and the only attack is really just coming from our fullbacks, more so the brilliant Robertson.

So baffling it is that in this day in age we play Henderson as he is laden with praise by any English pundit live on game yet is shouting within the field as our captain but I doubt anyone listens given he is producing nowhere near of what he produces in barking that only a dog can hear.

We've officially handed it to City who do not look like they are stopping anytime soon. We have bottled in results that could have been triumphed in, and anyone not blinded by the shine of that unfamiliar Premiership trophy ahead and experience in watching this team, knew that we simply lack the quality to do so.

And the lack of overall depth in squad and magic is exposed for the husk it is.

It's been quite the show, but for all of you fans who will ridicule me for my defeatist mentality; I will respect you even more. You are the voices that keep Anfield alight.

I will give you the uncreative midfield but that's about it. Salah even with limitations is a quality player. Their frontline is also quality. And I dont get the exhaustion bit either. Liverpool have had plenty of rest, much more than City.
Is the midfield the sole reason for them dropping points since the turn of the year? Maybe but I think it is more the weight of pressure. Experience matters in such high pressure title chases. City have a lot of experience. A lot of their players have won the PL and know what it is like to see out games down the stretch. We saw that in the last 2 games. Liverpool unfortuntely dont have that experience. Only Milner and he is a bit part player. They will learn from this and be stronger next season. The squad as a whole is quality. Just needs 2 quality midfielders.

Alex your reply likely is written in not seeing my previous rants (as rant mostly this is) as of course Salah is a quality player and by far our most influential player beyond defence, but when you have a player who is basing his game in optimising the limited channels he uses to get into the box with the ball, and working around his weak foot to get into positions off the ball, more shrewd coaches and defenders will catch onto that and he is now consistently phased out against bigger teams with well drilled defences that are attentive to his blinding pace and shrewd positioning.

I am surprised you do not see fatigue a key point given our front-three have been played week in week out at most with minor exceptions and rotations and with the way they are instructed to play with their constant runs, pressing and the standard demand you expect of a team run by Klopp you are bound to be a little less effective in your traits as I am sure when you've over trained or over played in football, you notice a considerable drop in your overall game and not just your physical spectrum.

City? Alex, they have far more depth (in quality and option) than LFC as I am struggling to see where that is unless you've a particular stat in mind I am more than well open to.

I do agree with the rest of your paragraph as this was mostly a rant and not taking the finer nuances of the key problems, but the most glaring and easy to pick out ones.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Jurgen Klopp on Liverpool's 0-0 draw vs. Everton: "Very difficult game for different reasons. I know people don't like it when I say it, but the wind came from all different directions, the ball was in the air a lot."

rofl

Is this real?
as real as it gets, blaming the wind rofl he is worse than mourinho when it comes to coming up with excuses
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:28 pm

People calling out naby keita for the bottle job team and he ain’t even playing lol.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:34 pm

Unique wrote:People calling out naby keita for the bottle job team and he ain’t even playing lol.

That's the thing. He was a mega money signing supposed to elevate you, had tons of hype behind him and he can't even get into the team ahead of Jordan fucking Hendershit. Fans have the right to be angry. He sucks.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Something i came to the conclusion about years ago is PL players and coaches are on average very slow to adapt to new players, i've seen this so much that i've now pretty much come to believe it.

My question is whether anyone thinks this thought process could be applied to Salah or is he just sucking off his own accord lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:51 pm

rofl

2018/2019 Premier League Discussion Part III - Page 7 Giphy
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm

This would be the process in reversedthen, he already adapted to the league last season, he was already afforded that time.

the explanation about his performance has to come from somewhere else. there is some form of regression to the mean here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Well, we all knew this was going to happen eventually, didn't we?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:This would be the process in reversedthen, he already adapted to the league last season, he was already afforded that time.

the explanation about his performance has to come from somewhere else. there is some form of regression to the mean here

Last year was his first year no? that's what i mean, in general there's loads more players having fantastic first years in this league than anywhere else and very few are able to maintain it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:57 pm

Salah was the 2017-18 Michu and nothing more IMO. Fact.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Firenze wrote:
Unique wrote:People calling out naby keita for the bottle job team and he ain’t even playing lol.

That's the thing. He was a mega money signing supposed to elevate you, had tons of hype behind him and he can't even get into the team ahead of Jordan fucking Hendershit. Fans have the right to be angry. He sucks.
the guy will come good. Did you forget pogba was shit for the first 2 years back at manure. Naby has everything to his game to be one of the best MF players in the world but injuries messed him up in the first half of the season and klopp likes to stick with the brexit lads in games like today.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Salah has the same talent this season that he had last season unless you believe a ghost comes in the night and takes away a footballers talent. The problem with salah is the pressure to win the title for Liverpool is falling on his shoulders and he’s shoulders are not big enough to handle it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:04 pm

You can keep saying that Pogba was shit for his first two years at United but it won't make it true. Naby can't even get in the freakin' starting 11. Klopp has no faith in him and when Ox is back he's further down the pecking order.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:05 pm

CBarca wrote:Well, we all knew this was going to happen eventually, didn't we?
How’s the title challenge going from spurs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:07 pm

Firenze wrote:You can keep saying that Pogba was shit for his first two years at United but it won't make it true. Naby can't even get in the freakin' starting 11. Klopp has no faith in him and when Ox is back he's further down the pecking order.
you are the only clown on earth that thinks pogba was class in his first 2 years. Anyone that thinks naby does not have bags of talent is a fool.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Nishankly wrote:Its so gonna be a 0-0 tomorrow against Everton, no way they will play a striker imo

I should start betting, ill be the biggest pessimistic millionaire out there.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Firenze wrote:Salah was the 2017-18 Michu and nothing more IMO. Fact.

44 goals m8, i doubt Michu had 8 m8
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:13 pm

I see buster ain’t been back since he told me we dumped the cups to win the title. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Unique wrote:I see buster ain’t been back since he told me we dumped the cups to win the title. Laughing

We are all on the same team here Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:16 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:I see buster ain’t been back since he told me we dumped the cups to win the title. Laughing

but we are not on the same page
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

but we are not on the same page

We are if you end the book when you finish turning pages hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:18 pm

Firenze wrote:Salah was the 2017-18 Michu and nothing more IMO. Fact.

pretty much.
One season wonder.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next