VanDeezNuts
The Demon of Carthage
Beautiful Football
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
34 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:49 pm

Mourinho back despite his vacuous brand of football would certainly make La Liga media more interesting given his (still existing) charisma and the attention he brings to himself compared to Zidane who is excruciatingly boring to listen to and as a persona.

Plus I feel these two years off will have done wonders for his mentality and reinvention and looks the part already as a pundit given how refreshed he seems and same with Wenger.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid - Page 5 Empty Re: José Mourinho's Return to Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:39 am

Hmmm I want to see Mou coaching but he has become limited in how he transfer his ideas to his players. He did not adapt to this generation of millenials and now he seems like an old school coach.

His understanding of football is top tiers but if as a coach he can't translate to his players and spends more time fighting with them, then he will continue to fail.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:46 am

Mourinho indeed has shown to have fallen behind and struggled to come to terms with it given his intense conviction in his methods yet years of non-stop coaching alongside his fervent and consuming methods simply eroded him of that charisma and passion that drove him to bring out what he did in players along with his playbook.

And like Wenger that sabbatical was long needed but elite coaches are perfectionists and obsessed so I can see why they went on as long as they did, despite it being counter-active.

The footballing world does miss him and I find it odd myself, that I do too.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:39 am

Yes, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a burnout. Prior to this year's sabbatical, he had been coaching incessantly under a lot of stress and pressure since the beginning of the century. That's a lot. With the exception of SAF, I can't think of anybody who managed to stay at the very top for so many years, racking up trophies in the process without taking a single break.

Guardiola took his first sabbatical just after three years of high-level football. Zidane as well. It's a very exhausting job to have. Very lucrative, but extremely exhausting.

So yeah, maybe this long-overdue break will do him a lot of good. We'll see.

Also, I hope we get to see more of him as pundit. He absolutely kills at it. He's extremely knowledgeable; way more than the other so-called pundits around him combined.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:52 am

Actually think he will return to the Premier League and replace Emery in the summer.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:24 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:He'll definitely have the opportunity to coach another elite team again, and he'll have a chance to redeem himself again. I just want that team not to be Madrid.

One thing for sure though, I really like his punditry. He makes Neville and Carragher sound like blubbering buffoons compared to him.

Seriously, listening to him do a HT and post match report on the spot and listening to those 2 do the same thing shows the difference as to why Jose has had such a great career as a manager and why Neville shit the bed at Valencia & Carragher cannot cut it at a managerial level.

If the man honestly learned from his errors and really made improvements to his managerial skills, whichever club gets him is probably gonna have a decent time. Of course, if it is the same ass hat, well, same shit would occur.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:54 am

It's actually absurd that Neville and the likes get such a big official platform for their opinions when they are proven failures. How you gonna sit there and berate other managers what they should do better when you almost got Valencia relegated?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5