halamadrid2
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

LaLiga 19: Alaves - Page 3 Empty Re: LaLiga 19: Alaves

Post by Mamad Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote: football go in cycle, maybe it's easier to accept the down cycle and wait a bit for a new team to form.

Yep.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Firing Lope would be stupid... because I could see us hiring Antonio Conte. I really don't want that to happen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Mamad wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote: football go in cycle, maybe it's easier to accept the down cycle and wait a bit for a new team to form.

Yep.
This downcycle would largely be caused by an idiotic transfer policy.... of buying nobody.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:25 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Lopetegui is of his depth. He was supposed to come in and revolutionise our way of playing but it's a carbcarbom copy of ZZs without the urgency. Rubbish. Give me Raul or Guti

I don't want to defend Lopetegui, but I don't think he holds all the blame for our underwhelming performances, so far this season. I'm not sure how he was supposed to revolutionize our way of playing, when we have a weaker and slightly older squad than we had last season. Benzema's early signs of a return to form was fake news, Bale's still an injury waiting to happen, and Asensio's nowhere near living up to his pre-season expectations. We've had other injuries, as well. That's what happens when players get older, and we no longer have the luxury of great, or even good cover alternatives. Our relative passiveness in the transfer market was going to catch up to us eventually, and I think we all suspected that the absence of a replacement for CR7 was going to hurt our overall effectiveness. I mean, even if he was out of form in the league last year, it's not as if anyone else compensated for it, and they are supposed to compensate for his absence now.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:35 pm

lope doesn't hold all the blame. but here is where i've been concerned. every coach should have a plan which includes personnel that they want. its rare that you just come in with whats available and make it work. but at least you should have players you would want, that you're sure can guarantee you compete. if you don't and you don't demand it, i view it as you hedging your bets or you just never did your homework

coaches who come here need to start being bold and quit trying to win fans over by saying the "right" things. i would have rather he had a list of players he'd have liked and made it public (they don't have to be stars), than give that speech about liking the anthem. firing him isn't the solution, because the next coach will probably do the same. maybe he can be moulded from this experience

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Mamad wrote:

Yep.
This downcycle would largely be caused by an idiotic transfer policy.... of buying nobody.

I have been really liking your no-BS policy lately and I wholeheartedly agree with you. Sadly enough, only 4 or 5 Madrid posters share the same opinion.

Anyway...
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:38 pm

I should caveat what i said... we're not buying nobody. We only buy players that don't qualify for a driver's license. We absolutely overpay for diaper dandies.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3