juve_gigi
Firenze
Luca
Robespierre
S
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Juve-Milan-Chelsea transfer tangle  Empty The Juve-Milan-Chelsea transfer tangle

Post by S Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Seems like this is the weirdest mercato situation i've witnessed in a long time.

The background :

The Juve view
-It seems from the outset that Juve are desperate to get rid of Higuain and get his high salary off the books. And they need 54M to avoid making a loss. The high transfer fee + wages has put off many clubs, hence they're struggling to find a buyer.

-Because of this, new scenarios have evolved. Both Milan and Chelsea are interested in Juve's young central defenders(Rugani or Caldara). So Juve's stance basically is that if they want either of them, they have to take Higuain off Juve too. It does seem like that is the situation atm.

The Milan view
-Milan's captain, Bonucci is begging to return to Juventus. It was his idea afterall to return as stated by both Juve's and Milan's directors. One of the solutions in the initial stages was a deal involving Bonucci + cash for Higuain but Milan need a Bonucci replacement too and they're asking/demanding for Caldara in return as getting a young promising CB in return will serve as a compensation for them especially when they're taking on Higuain's high salary and transfer fee. So basically Bonucci-Caldara straight swap + paying outright cash(54-55M) for Higuain.

-We seem to have agreed to the solution BUT Milan are apparently offering a loan + obligation for Higuain and we're not convinced off the offer. Besides, Higuain wants to raise his salary too so that's another obstacle for Milan to overcome. We're in a deadlock situation here as of now.

-Milan are also interested in Morata in case they are unable to sign Higuain. If Chelsea sign Higuain, maybe they could buy Morata.

The Chelsea view
-Since the appointment of Sarri, Chelsea have had a longstanding interest in both Higuain and Rugani as both players flourished under their former coach. It did look like a deal was in place for both of them but doesnt seem like it apparently.
-Chelsea also have a couple of strikers(Giroud and Morata) to offload from their roster before proceeding towards making a move for Higuain. They themselves are struggling to find a buyer for their expensive flop.
-New reports claim Chelsea want to buy Caldara over Rugani but again, Juve would only release him if Chelsea takes Higuain off their hands too.

This is the situation atm. And there's one centerpiece in this whole negotiation process : Higuain. If he agrees to move to Milan, it could unlock the whole deal involving Milan and Juve. Similarly if Chelsea muster up a bid for him, he would have no problems going there and re-unite with his ex-coach.

My verdict:
-I think Chelsea are just window-shopping just to appease their new coach, Sarri that they're trying for his targets. In reality, there's no serious negotiation going on. They're not convinced of carrying out the Higuain transfer with the kind of costs involved and i dont think its the end of the world for them if they miss out on Rugani/Caldara as they're alredy stacked at the back.

-Juve-Milan deal IMO will go ahead. I think we will get our required transfer fee for Higuain to avoid making a loss + Bonucci but we'll probably also lose our young central defender in the process which would be disappointing especially if there's no buyback.

Winners and Losers:(potentially)

-I think Milan stand to gain a lot from this deal, if it goes through. While Juve will benefit in the short term in a sporting sense but getting rid of our young CB who could've been part of Juve's future defensive backbone would be terrible in my opinion. I guess we're handicapped with wanting to get rid of Higuain so probably there's not much we can do. As a Juve fan, i'd be happy if not delighted to sell Higuain + Rugani for 90-100M than accepting Milan's deal.

-Chelsea on the other hand IMO wont gain or lose much. Higuain could make a difference but i also understand why they arent convinced of signing him. Leaving aside the costs, this is not the same Higuain who broke the Serie A all time scoring record under Sarri. And they're fine at the back too anyways.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Juve-Milan-Chelsea transfer tangle  Empty Re: The Juve-Milan-Chelsea transfer tangle

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:08 am

Higuain is going to Milan because there is no competition to sign him . Chelsea don't want him , he is rated so expeinsive because of age ( mainly due to his salary ).
So Juve are forced to accept to give him away on onerous loan ( around 20 mln ) because they have to release of him after that CR7 signing ( wages etc )
Basically Higuain is treated as a parcel now , what a decline
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

The Juve-Milan-Chelsea transfer tangle  Empty Re: The Juve-Milan-Chelsea transfer tangle

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 am

Positive contacts between Milan and Juve today:

- Bonucci and Caldara both valued at €40M

- Higuain to Milan on loan for €18M with option to buy for €36M

Talks ongoing between Higuain’s agent and Leonardo: With Il Pipita’s OK the deal is closed [@romeoagresti]

rofl

Absolutely buttraped

If this is not charity, i dont know what is

And this is prime no excuses territory

If Milan dont reach top 4 now, they're an absolute failure of a club
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:27 am

We have too many threads for this shit, I cannot even keep my tears in one place Proud

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:36 am

it's not charity..it's clear you DESPERATELY need to offload Higgy now

that CR7 signing coming back to *bleep* you like I said

expected it to take longer though

more Can's and plastic bottles being signed for the next few seasons IMO

Obviously you see this as the time to get any kinda of value out of Higgy

anyway I'm enjoying it all as it means Chelsea are shafted and stuck with that pleb Morata Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:40 am

We're going all in and risking it for the short term. If we dont win CL, it'd be a massive failure for us. And like you said, expect more Can type of signings/or couple of our star players offloaded if we dont win in Europe in a year or two.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:22 am

Piggy no more...

juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:38 am

Bonucci will be a starter and can help us to win the CL this year, Caldara would have been a sub on our bench. We are in win now mode. We have 4 years of Ronaldo and realistically a 2-3 year window to win the CL at least once and maybe twice. That is the goal of the club, it is undeniable now.

Sure it sucks to lose Caldara, but if we win the CL and make lots of money with Ronaldo we can always purchase another young CB in the future.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:45 am

Yet Higuain is still a great CF , he is not finished , Milan is going to be dreaded for 4th place after it

It sounds Weird to see him treated so , as if he is one of worst waste that noone wants.. but I learn a lesson from this :

Premier League clubs overpay so many players, but they don't overpay old players with big wages too
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:55 am

How would a washed up declining player like Bonnuci help you win the CL? He wasn't even that good in his last season at Juve. Always carried by Chiellini or Barzagli.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:57 am

Of course he helps us. Bonucci was fantastic in his last season with us without a doubt. Lets not rewrite history.

Higuain Sad sad to see him go and to see him out of options like this. Will be huge for Milan. Imagine going from Kalinic to Higuain.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 am

This deal will be looked like an absolute joke if we dont win CL in a year or two

Milan are a bigger joke if they dont make top 4 with these two donations from us

Basically both are in the NO EXCUSES category next season to achieve their respective targets.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:10 am

S wrote:This deal will be looked like an absolute joke if we dont win CL in a year or two

Milan are a bigger joke if they dont make top 4 with these two donations from us

Basically both are in the NO EXCUSES category next season to achieve their respective targets.
You are absolutely right.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:13 am

Bonucci was the best CB in the world but now he is completely finished at 31? Razz

He wasn't that bad in 2017, last I checked we made it to the CL final that year with Bonucci as a starter. He played like shit last year because he was at Milan, a team which tends to get the worst out of its players.

He will comeback rejuvenated and will want to win it all with Ronaldo. Barzagli carrying Bonucci? That's funny.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:14 am

I don't see Milan making top 4 just with Higuain and some average CB being brought in. Not even close, all their rivals for CL have far better teams.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 am

Roma could very realistically drop out of top 4 for Milan. They are changing too much and too many of their signings are risky.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 am

I agree with Firenze.  Milan is still a 5th to 6th place club, even with Higuain...

Juve
Napoli
Inter
Roma
Milan

Last edited by juve_gigi on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 am

Firenze wrote:I don't see Milan making top 4 just with Higuain and some average CB being brought in. Not even close, all their rivals for CL have far better teams.

Agreed. Higuain is a massive add for them but their squad still needs a lot of love and is weaker than the teams ahead of them

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 am

Firenze wrote:I don't see Milan making top 4 just with Higuain and some average CB being brought in. Not even close, all their rivals for CL have far better teams.

They might get Conte too last i heard.

No Excuses category confirmed.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:19 am

Fiorentina could be a fun team to watch with Chiesa, Simeone and Pjaca up front. They could suprise...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:21 am

juve_gigi wrote:Fiorentina could be a fun team to watch with Chiesa, Simeone and Pjaca up front. They could suprise...

Pjaca... Another donation Proud

Make Serie A great again

Brought to you by Beppe
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:34 am

I don't understand how Milan are in a position to offer Higuain better wages considering their financial troubles of late.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:50 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't understand how Milan are in a position to offer Higuain better wages considering their financial troubles of late.

They're paying Bonucci 7.5M

Higuain earns 7.5M and is a much better return of investment

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am

Higuain will flop under us lol, we have 0 creativity, no creator, everyone is a mindless hustler being praised for workrate. Kalinic was like the 15 before him, the last time we got someone to score double digits in the league was Pazzini/ES/Balotelli, a remnant of an era long gone.

I got hyped when we were linked to Parades, but now we are linked to Samassekou/Bakayoko, 2 of the dumbest midfielders that will accompany Kessie to have a midfield IQ 13.

This is just so sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:57 am

Alright that makes sense, but in order for this to be worth it for Juve then Bonucci would have to be willing to take a pay cut, otherwise Juve doesn't really get anything out of the deal (financially) which seems to be the prime motivator to get Higgy out.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next