World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

+52
danyjr
Ganso
Mr Nick09
guest7
Winter is Coming
phenom
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Thimmy
Blue Barrett
Bankz
Kebab
Jay29
Myesyats
Valkyrja
jibers
Robespierre
terrance511
Rebaño Sagrado
Kaladin
juvealbanian
futbol_bill
CBarca
Luca
farfan
Casciavit
Babun
Doc
McLewis
GRude
Freeza
El Gunner
zigra
halamadrid2
Firenze
Lucifer
BusterLfc
Nishankly
RealGunner
BarcaLearning
Art Morte
messixaviesta
Cruijf
M99
rincon
Unique
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
Hapless_Hans
S
Zagadka
urbaNRoots
56 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Who will qualify? (Select two teams)

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Vote_lcap44%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Voting_bar 44% 
[ 7 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Vote_lcap38%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Voting_bar 38% 
[ 6 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Vote_lcap0%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Voting_bar 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Vote_lcap18%World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Voting_bar 18% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

Post by zigra Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:57 pm

Cruijf wrote:Without playing in the final like I said. Sure he took them to the final but Messi did that three times, and once in a WC which Ronaldo has never done.

He played in the final and Messi scored zero goals in the ko games in the WC yet "took them to the final".

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria)

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:58 pm

zigra wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Without playing in the final like I said. Sure he took them to the final but Messi did that three times, and once in a WC which Ronaldo has never done.

He played in the final and Messi scored zero goals in the ko games in the WC yet "took them to the final".

These fanboys are hilarious. They don't even see the logical fallacy in their own arguments.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:Players like Fat Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, Pele and Cristiano are far far ahead of messi in international level though. They have all achieved something and proven themselves.

RG, please no Messi vs Ronaldo in this thread. There is a thread of their own for that. My claim was soleily addressed at all time greats. Messi is claimed by his fans to be an all time great. Those people always leave their mark in some way even in the worst teams. Even a Ryan Giggs would be noticed asap in a Wales 11. They would lose 9/10 times but you'd notice him doing something in that team.
As far as CR7 goes, peak R9 was and still is for me the best forward in the history of the game.

Last edited by Babun on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Actually just went back to look at WC14 because 'Messi took Argentina to the final' bit couldn't feel any more wrong since I clearly remember him being poor in most of the matches but given some sympathy award at the end

This is the 'better than ronaldo at internationals Messi'

Group stages. Scored against Bosnia. Scored twice against Nigeria but Rojo won them the match by scoring the winner which ended 2-3.

R16. Argentina Vs Switzland. Nothing
QF. Argentina Vs Belgium. Nothing
SF. Argentina Vs Netherlands. Nothing
Final. Argentina Vs Germany. Nothing.

But then I forgot, 10 players playing with him let him down and none of it was his fault.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:07 pm

Ronaldo also lost the 2004 Euro final if we want to get into technicalities

Missed a penalty in the CL final with United way back when

Portugal won the Euro in spite of Ronaldo, not because of him. He scored a whopping two goals and both were in the group stage

What Messi did in 2014, Ronaldo cannot do. It's not in him, he's not the type of player. He's one of the best goal scorers ever and he's a winner but he's limited to being a finisher, certainly there's no more decisive player but objectively from a talent standpoint, it's Messi.

Stop re-writing history about this Portugal side. They are established, they are experienced, they have proper management, they defend. Light years ahead of Sampaoli's Argentina.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:09 pm

He played in the final for like 10 mins, he had *bleep* all to do with that result lol.

Don't want to hear he was managing them from the sidelines either just because he was jumping around like a moron tbh.

It is funny though, Portugal are apparently this average side yet they beat France without him. World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Iiam
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:09 pm

Jesus this is like reading a youtube conversation

I don't really agree with Cruijff, but it's not exactly a weak contention that Messi and CR have achieved similarly given that, yes, while CR did lead Portugal to the Euro final, he played 25 minutes without any real impact on the game.

The contention is that Messi and CR have achieved similarly in leading teams to a final (I think we can all agree here). However, there is an argument that Ronaldo is MUCH more accomplished because he won the final.

Idk, I don't think it's a bad point to say that's kind of a weak argument considering he played for 25 minutes and the game was 0-0 before he got injured, and was 0-0 after.

Exactly what did Ronaldo do that Messi did not, in this triumph?

I'm just putting this out there and signalling *some* support for Cruijff's arguments here. Cba to offer more of an opinion on such an old and closed debate as CR vs Messi
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He played in the final for like 10 mins, he had *bleep* all to do with that result lol.

Don't want to hear he was managing them from the sidelines either just because he was jumping around like a moron tbh.

It is funny though, Portugal are apparently this average side yet they beat France without him. World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Iiam

I seriously demand more respect on this Portugal team. If we don't work together, they're going to sneak up and win another international tournament ffs. Not on my watch

They are a strong team, perhaps stronger having won the Euro and having Ronaldo in already better form than he was during that tournament

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Babun wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Players like Fat Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, Pele and Cristiano are far far ahead of messi in international level though. They have all achieved something and proven themselves.

RG, please no Messi vs Ronaldo in this thread. There is a thread of their own for that. My claim was soleily addressed at all time greats. Messi is claimed by his fans to be an all time great. Those people always leave their mark in some way even in the worst teams. Even a Ryan Giggs would be noticed asap in a Wales 11. They would lose 9/10 times but you'd notice him doing something is that team almost all the time.
As far as CR7 goes, peak R9 was and still is for me the best forward in the history of the game.

My intention was not to start a war. I just included the name of the player who has the most international goals of any player in history.

And I fully agree with you. I am not saying Cristiano is ahead of the all time greats. R9, Pele, Maradona, Zidane are all far ahead of Cristiano. But Messi does not belong in that list. He has done nothing and has achieved nothing at International level. If he retires for Argentina tomorrow, no one will be able to name a single memorable thing he has done. For Barca? sure there are hundreds. But not for Argentina

Zidane? 98
R9? 2002
Pele? 58,62,70
maradona? 88
Messi? none

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Actually just went back to look at WC14 because 'Messi took Argentina to the final' bit couldn't feel any more wrong since I clearly remember him being poor in most of the matches but given some sympathy award at the end

Group stages. Scored against Bosnia. Scored twice against Nigeria but Rojo won them the match by scoring the winner which ended 2-3.

But then I forgot, 10 players playing with him let him down and none of it was his fault.

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Gamese10

Checkmate. Via WHOSCORED.COM

Last edited by CBarca on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He played in the final for like 10 mins, he had *bleep* all to do with that result lol.

I don't agree but even so the bigger problem here was that Messi didn't take Argentina to the final (so to @Realgunner for showing the world what a fraudulent performance that WC was from Messi). Argentina carried him to the final, not the other way round.
It was so especially hilarious because every player in that team worked extremely hard in defense while Messi was walking on the pitch doing nothing Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:14 pm

CBarca wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Actually just went back to look at WC14 because 'Messi took Argentina to the final' bit couldn't feel any more wrong since I clearly remember him being poor in most of the matches but given some sympathy award at the end

World Cup (2018) - Group D (Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria) - Page 19 Gamese10

fml

going to bed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 pm

He wasn't doing nothing, you are taking this way too far lol.

The bigger issue i have here is Argentina under Messi being the best on the team has been to 3 international finals and you guys are acting like it's completely irrelevant Laughing

The way you speak you would think he's never been out of the group stage in his career Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:22 pm

CBarca wrote:

Not really. He pushed his rating by performing against scrubs or games in which there was hardly any pressure and when it really mattered he didn't show up. For example you can say sure he got a 9.0 in the match against the Netherlands but it was a dull game in which both teams never would have scored. Argentina were never in danger so dribbling a bit comes off easy. Against Belgium - tough game against an actually talented attacking team and of course the pressure was too much for him. Same in the final.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm

zigra wrote:

Don't want to hear he was managing them from the sidelines either just because he was jumping around like a moron tbmh.

I don't agree but even so the bigger problem here was that Messi didn't take Argentina to the final (so to @Realgunner for showing the world what a fraudulent performance that WC was from Messi). Argentina carried him to the final, not the other way round.
It was so especially hilarious because every player in that team worked extremely hard in defense while Messi was walking on the pitch doing nothing Laughing

Wat. Zigra I am revoking your GL membership. Messi carried us to the final, didn't do much at the final, but the only reason we made it was him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
zigra wrote:

Don't want to hear he was managing them from the sidelines either just because he was jumping around like a moron tbmh.

Wat. Zigra I am revoking your GL membership. Messi carried us to the final, didn't do much at the final, but the only reason we made it was him.

That's completely absurd and actually a massive, massive insult towards the argentinian team.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:28 pm

zigra wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Not really. He pushed his rating by performing against scrubs or games in which there was hardly any pressure and when it really mattered he didn't show up. For example you can say sure he got a 9.0 in the match against the Netherlands but it was a dull game in which both teams never would have scored. Argentina were never in danger so dribbling a bit comes off easy. Against Belgium - tough game against an actually talented attacking team and of course the pressure was too much for him. Same in the final.

What are you on about?

Whoscored is the objective measurement, it's using measurements you can't even imagine. Best player in WC 2014, five man of the match awards. The model makes it clear.

EDIT: You know more than anyone else zigra
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:30 pm

-100% for trolling

Anyways here is Simeone's take for the spanish takers. Predicted Nigeria would beat Iceland and Argentina would progress as well as the usual criticism on Sampaoli everyone agrees on.

Interesting question at the end: "Messi is a fantastic footballer but in order to be fantastic he also has to be surrounded by fantastic players. So I ask the question, for a normal team, would you rather have Messi or Ronaldo?"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:33 pm

CBarca wrote:

Did Messi win player of the tournament in 2014?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Yes, Messi won the Golden Ball in 2014
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:-100% for trolling
Interesting question at the end: "Messi is a fantastic footballer but in order to be fantastic he also has to be surrounded by fantastic players. So I ask the question, for a normal team, would you rather have Messi or Ronaldo?"

There is no need to choose for Argentina. You guys just needed Icardi up front to add another dimension to the attacking game. The rest you know better than me anyways because you are Argentinian (no Meza, Dybala in etc.).
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 pm

That Golden Ball was a joke. He was by far the best player of the group stages but thats where it ends. Very disrespectful to Higuain, Di Maria, Romero and the defence who were all vital in the KO stages when fanboys say Messi carried them to the final.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:55 pm

M99 wrote:That Golden Ball was a joke. He was by far the best player of the group stages but thats where it ends. Very disrespectful to Higuain, Di Maria, Romero and the defence who were all vital in the KO stages when fanboys say Messi carried them to the final.

Prime Di Maria was the driving force in that team in attack, more than Messi.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 pm

I still can't believe Zigra saw the whoscored rating and spat in its face. I don't know what to believe anymore.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Nah that's nonsense, everything they do went through Messi and i mean actually went through him not this farce they have now Laughing

I would have personally given the Golden Ball to James but it's nowhere near as much of a farce as GL thinks it was.

Inb4 Robben who literally did nothing in the KO stages but everyone still hypes him anyway Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Babun wrote:

RG, please no Messi vs Ronaldo in this thread. There is a thread of their own for that. My claim was soleily addressed at all time greats. Messi is claimed by his fans to be an all time great. Those people always leave their mark in some way even in the worst teams. Even a Ryan Giggs would be noticed asap in a Wales 11. They would lose 9/10 times but you'd notice him doing something in that team.

"Peak" is irrelevant when it only lasted for a brief second. Ronaldo has been bloody fantastic for over 10 years now. I'm not sure R9 even had a 3 year spell of consistent dominance without missing loads of games to injuries. You can't ignore CR7's longevity and consistency. It's a BIG plus.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next