Doc
Perucho21
futbol_bill
21 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Copa del Rey pursuit - Page 7 Empty Re: Copa del Rey pursuit

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:34 pm

And who in his infinite intelligence, in hope to help us secure a trophy when la Liga is already lost, fielded a second team against a side even you say is quality?

Zidane, the caretaker. If we needed another example of what he is when Ramos isn't scoring last minutes headers for him

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:50 am

there's no excuse for losing to leganes regardless of who played or how many goals they may or may not have conceded. no way we can shine this one to not make it look as bad as it is.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:05 am

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2018/01/26/5a69cfd5ca4741000c8b45b4.html

this article sums it up pretty much, i don't fully agree with point 7 regarding the kepa affair, i just don't see the desperate desire to sign a goalie in jan when dudes can't score. but the bulk of it is spot on. and i'm not a big fan of the football tabloids, marca and the likes (i have my reasons for that, that's another discussion), but yeah, that's the article
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:38 am

Yeah, I can see how the Kepa situation can be deemed embarrassing from the club's standpoint but I still believe it was unnecessary. Also, it showed all and sundry that Zidane has a huge say in the club. Think about it, what other manager besides Jose could have said Kepa was unnecessary and the club pulls back from making a deal?

Anyway, full agreements on that article Tito posted.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:43 am

Only Sports thinks Zidane doesnt have this kind of power in Madrid. some part of the madrid press also thinks he wants room for his son Lucas in the first team Laughing i can see how that could be frustrating, the kid is a scrub of a GK
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:51 am

i think the luca argument is a stretch by the media tbh
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 am

Ok the Lucas one does seem a bit over the top but it's kinda clear to me and I guess a lot of other folks that Zidane has a real say. It is weird to see Flo actually listen to someone that isn't his own self when it comes to transfers though. Where was this for purchasing Kaka when we had Robben or James when we had Di Maria, a high flying Di Maria too?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:18 am

How is it obvious lol... our purchases of Pogba, Mbappe and Kante? The playing time of our transfers?

Please. Someone enlighten a poor grasshopper like myself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 am

The club didn't wanna pay all that money to Paul (and I guess his agent) and Mbappe. No idea we bid for Kante so can't say anything about that. Just because we weren't successful doesn't mean they didn't listen to Zidane, to which, the guys who pursue the transfers do. Way more than a lot of managers that wasn't Jose. Which is my point.

Zidane has a say (a say and not THE say) in our transfers however he clearly doesn't phone or email or whatever the other club's officials to negotiate a deal. That is firmly not in his hands, obviously. I don't get why you're not actually seeing it.

This is Real Madrid. Zidane, if he were named, let's say Valverde and doing this poorly, would have been fired in December and Flo would have been signing players he probably only saw once and it was a highlight reel. Yet with Zidane, he is strangely getting similar treatment that I happen have seen with Jose...who had it in his contract apparently.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 am

The idea that Zidane doesn't have any say in the transfer we make is astonishing. Just stop saying that Laughing Anyone with half a brain realizes that besides Mourinho, Zidane is the only coach Perez is willing to listen to
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:32 pm

Yeah, sports you’re making it so black and white. You’re making it seem like we’re saying ZZ has total control, and you’re making it seem like he has no control. It’s somewhere in the middle, right?

The fact that we’ve shown such a difference in transfer policy since ZZ has taken over, coupled with the stubbornness he’s shown on and off the field, I’m leaning my guilt more towards ZZ- but not all.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:46 pm

How is it different than since the Bale purchase?  We bought Kroos for cheap and splashed on a prospect in Kova.  That's it.  Since Bale, our approach has been very consistent actually.

That occurred in the summer of 2013.

Our saving grace in this period has been that our cantera have shown quality on their loan terms so Carvajal and Morata buybacks brought in capable players.  Nacho has actually done a job too imo.  That's ended.  We don't have anymore of those out there.

Also, Ronaldo masked a lot individual ills on our attack with his fantastic play too.  He can't do that anymore.  Others have actually had to perform.

My two cents.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Also, Ronaldo masked a lot individual ills on our attack with his fantastic play too.  He can't do that anymore.  Others have actually had to perform.

My two cents
thanks for admitting that Zidane was blind to the team problems and was being carried by CR.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 am

You're being a revisionist, in football, when you win, you win. There's always a factor of luck involved but you're exaggerating at this point, so you can tel everyone "see, told you so". For the record, zidane is to blame for the teams lack of play, but it's not his tactics only, the players are old and useless
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:50 am

yes, of course i am exaggerating now because of this catastrophic season what else is there to do?

but disagree with you, it's small minded to think "when you win, you win". why did you win? how can you reproduce the factors that allowed you to win? how do you continue to win? if you dont ask yourselves those questions then you are running into a wall and luck becomes more of a factor. The scouting, the facilities we build to train players, the coaching, the recruiting of high value players, all of that is done to reduce as much as possible to "luck" factor

To me it's short sighted to reduce everything to sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. because sometimes you wont win for a very  very long time, as it was the case with us chasing la decima for ten years. did luck escape us for 10 years? i dont think so.

and no, our players are not old and useless, we still have a team built with players that most clubs in europe would kill to have. These guys embarrassed juve in Cl final not so long ago.

There are problems with the day to day preparation of players smaller, less high profile games in this club. it's what's being done during the week leading up to the weekend that i am pointing a finger at. It's not acceptable to have a 10-11 players who look like they collectively quit on games.That is coaching. Why is barca not fatigued of dominating la liga, they have been doing that for the most part of the last 10 years? But us we win once every 4 seasons and that's enough, the rest of the time we give up? nothing to do with luck.

Zidane is a young coach who doesn know what he is doing, and without any veteran coaches on the bench, he looks clueless.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:29 am

Well we have to disagree. I don't think zidane was lucky. I think his love for benzema and even CR and his players ruined this season. Bar Ramos (can't believe I'm saying this) our veterans have become amateurs overnight

They are old and useless. There's only so many times Marcelo can forget he's a defender and aim crappy crosses, Ronaldo taking 30 shots to score, and benzema playing like a Sunday league player. Modric has been expetionally poor this season too. I maintain that our strikers are the biggest problem, one or two games won't change my mind
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7