urbaNRoots
Vlad the Impaler
BarcaLearning
Chumlum
Firenze
82 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 23 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by danyjr Fri 31 Jan 2020, 09:17

Kaladin wrote:Onne of my favorite footballing moments

rofl

Mixture of sociopathic, passive aggressive, obsessive compulsive disorder and probably a host of other things I don't even know of.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club - Page 23 Empty Re: Pep Guardiola - King of the Carabao Club

Post by Thimmy Fri 31 Jan 2020, 09:22

danyjr wrote:

rofl

Mixture of sociopathic, passive aggressive, obsessive compulsive disorder and probably a host of other things I don't even know of.

Wow, that was uncomfortable to watch Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri 31 Jan 2020, 09:48

rofl rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 01 Feb 2020, 01:36

That was a bit painful to watch but at the same time, seeing Pep slowly break down is a bit nice to see.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat 01 Feb 2020, 11:12

danyjr wrote:

rofl

rofl
I hope if not Liverpool alone, other clubs will come up in the next few seasons and put City floating into that oil money and let it never recover even to finish in top 4 Laughing and
this all while Pep is still there Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 02 Feb 2020, 19:01

Where are the Pep fanboys? Come, show yourselves
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 02 Feb 2020, 19:03

preparing for the madrid match no doubt

Zidane will finish his career inshallah
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun 02 Feb 2020, 19:04

Kaladin wrote:Where are the Pep fanboys? Come, show yourselves

Here cheers
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 02 Feb 2020, 19:04

Wallah man if Zizou ends Pep, you will never hear the end of me, this i swear. Outbalded and outfrauded
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 02 Feb 2020, 19:08

considering the amount of pep-hate GL has gone on for the past 5 months, this GL jinx will be so, so sweet
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 02 Feb 2020, 19:12

Players let him down today. Not his fault they miss sitters.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun 02 Feb 2020, 19:41

Casciavit wrote:Players let him down today. Not his fault they miss sitters.

Do you feel his failure of establishing a starting XI has been a big issue with his squad management? Outside of a few players he doesnt seem to know his starting XI and almost every season he seems to scrap something that's working and implementing something else.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 02 Feb 2020, 20:04

Pep has never had a "starting eleven", he's always rotated heavily throughout the season
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun 02 Feb 2020, 20:15

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Pep has never had a "starting eleven", he's always rotated heavily throughout the season

With us he had one. We didnt have depth the way City does so he usually kept the line up simple. Even his first league win with City he had a starting XI for most his games only started rotating after Jan. When he they were 15 pts clear.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 02 Feb 2020, 20:27

Is Pep really going to rock up at the Bernabeu with Fernandinho as the CB????
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 02 Feb 2020, 20:28

Winter is Coming wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Pep has never had a "starting eleven", he's always rotated heavily throughout the season

With us he had one. We didnt have depth the way City does so he usually kept the line up simple. Even his first league win with City he had a starting XI for most his games only started rotating after Jan. When he they were 15 pts clear.
he had one for big games, but for regular season games he rotated often. but true not as much as now given the smaller squad.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun 02 Feb 2020, 21:09

Winter is Coming wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Players let him down today. Not his fault they miss sitters.

Do you feel his failure of establishing a starting XI has been a big issue with his squad management? Outside of a few players, he doesn't seem to know his starting XI and almost every season he seems to scrap something that's working and implementing something else.

You know, I haven't written many detailed posts about City this season compared to previous seasons because I've sort of lost interest in their project, but I will now.

Pep succeeded. There's the centurion season, the first team to win the PL back to back in a decade, the first team to win the English treble, and making a comeback against Liverpool in one of the most competitive title races in PL history. All that's remaining is the CL, and that's the cherry on top. I'll talk about their chances later.

But as for their struggles this season, I believe the table is an exaggeration. Does Liverpool deserve to win the PL? Absolutely. Do I feel like they are +20 points better than City? I don't think so. It's natural that City dropped off after last season. People don't give them enough credit for their comeback. They won the league after being 10 points behind against a challenger who finished with 97 points and won the CL. That's the same challenger who hasn't won the PL in 25 years and is extremely motivated to do so. It was always going to be difficult to replicate that feat.

City this season reminds me of Pep's first season. They create chances, but they miss them. Unlike the first season, they've been unlucky with injuries too. They've missed their best defender and their best big-game forward. Hell, they had to start Rodri and Fernandinho in central defense in some games. So I don't think it's all doom and gloom over there.

But they do have their fair share of issues.

To answer your question, there are many factors at play. Pep has always been big on rotations and playing specific players against specific opposition because he believes those players' strengths will help City, and he isn't wrong.

But let me ask you this if he's playing a 3-4-1-2 and City is playing well, but then Mendy gets injured who does he play as his LWB? There's no one else. Zinchenko is limited as he can't do anything when he's on the touchline. Inverted he's fine, but playing on the outside he's shit because he's not a LB, he's a midfielder. So Pep has to revert to something else.

So he goes back to his 4-3-3. Then let me ask you something else...when you have the players City have why wouldn't you rotate them? They have world-class players on the bench on big wages who are capable of starting. If you don't play them issues arise. City's schedule is insane, they have the depth to play these different guys. Even then Pep usually has a big game 11 himself.

So I don't think rotation is the issue, but I think personnel is. And this goes back to why I can't see them winning the CL. City is mentally fragile. If you want to win the CL, you have to take your chances. The small details matter. Laporte doesn't make a mistake all season last year and he makes two in 15 min against Spurs. City constantly misses sitters and penalties in the biggest moments, then they end up paying for it later. They also have this issue of once they concede a goal they're prone to conceding another in quick succession. They have no natural passers in the team. They don't have a Xavi who could kill the momentum of the opposition by just ball hogging and passing it sideways. They have KDB instead who is always looking to counter-attack the moment he has the ball.

And that comes back to personnel. I don't think they'll win the CL playing Pep's way because they don't have the players to win the CL in that way. Stones and Otamendi have a brainfart in them at any moment. They're absolute clowns. Hell, even guys like Mendy/Walker/Cancelo are suspect. Then you have the midfielders who can't hold the ball in high-tempo games and the inefficient forwards. Now I'm not saying those guys are bad players by any means, but their playing styles just don't translate to CL success. You win the CL by having players who don't make mistakes. You win the CL by having players who can make the difference with the least opportunities, not the most.

Pep also has the issue of overthinking and fielding unusual teams in away legs. One can also lay blame on the purchases for the lack of CL success but those players are fine for the PL. Again, they aren't bad players, they just aren't suited to win the CL the way he wants them to. He also makes selection decisions that I don't agree with but I do see the logic behind. Gundogan should only play as a DM, but then again Gundogan is the only actual CM on the team. Mendy should never play inverted, but if you play him wide that means you play the LCM deeper, and then left-wing loses its combinations. I could see Pep tinkering the structure and play a 3-4-3 against Madrid. It helps defend against counterattacks and aids ball circulation in deeper areas City will have an extra man.

That being said, I don't see City getting past Madrid. Madrid is filled with CL champions and they are efficient unlike City, but they do miss that killer in front of goal like back when they had Cristiano, so we'll see. Maybe City will be extremely motivated after the VAR stuff last year. They also know that the PL is lost and they'll be willing to put all their eggs in the CL basket. That being said if City does get past Madrid I can see them making it all the way as that could be the catalyst in helping them get over their mental hiccups in the CL. Liverpool is my favorites for the CL though. If Hazard's fit, I see a Liverpool-Madrid final.

That being said time will ultimately tell what happens.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon 03 Feb 2020, 09:08

@Casciavit, do you think City players have stopped trying in last few weeks? I haven't watched them that regularly, but in recent games only Kevin, Agüero and Bernardo seemed (to me) to be putting on a shift.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon 03 Feb 2020, 11:34

even on his worst day, still better than Seedorf, Pippo, Brocchi, Mihailovic, Montella, Gattuso, Giampaolo and Pioli put together, no offense
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon 03 Feb 2020, 12:01

They'd all comfortably finish in the top 4 of Bundesliga mate
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 03 Feb 2020, 13:09

Top 3*
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 03 Feb 2020, 13:26

Just watched the Man C Spurs game, lol, football is just like that, one of those wtf games I guess. I wanna ask those who follow Man C, how has Rodri been? I still havent watched enough this season to know this guy tbh. Casciavit made a good post above and says a lot the problems of Man C's squad, but Pep or the ppl who buys the players surely cant have excuse anymore after several seasons and so much money spent?

Zincenko is just not good enough, Mahrez can be good be ineffective often. Nothing needs to be said about the CBs, and Im not sure Rodri is that good? They really need to fix things this summer to challenge Liverpool next season.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 03 Feb 2020, 15:08

Kaladin wrote:They'd all comfortably finish in the top 4 of Bundesliga mate

with Bayern Muenchen?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 03 Feb 2020, 15:32

BarcaLearning wrote:Just watched the Man C Spurs game, lol, football is just like that, one of those wtf games I guess. I wanna ask those who follow Man C, how has Rodri been? I still havent watched enough this season to know this guy tbh. Casciavit made a good post above and says a lot the problems of Man C's squad, but Pep or the ppl who buys the players surely cant have excuse anymore after several seasons and so much money spent?

Zincenko is just not good enough, Mahrez can be good be ineffective often. Nothing needs to be said about the CBs, and Im not sure Rodri is that good? They really need to fix things this summer to challenge Liverpool next season.
there is no one that follows city. they jumped off the ship when things went bad faster than they jumped on the ship when things were going good.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 03 Feb 2020, 15:34

RealGunner wrote:preparing for the madrid match no doubt

Zidane will finish his career inshallah
thats never helped anyone ever in the history of time so i dont think thats gonna show up and save the day now. rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon 03 Feb 2020, 15:39

people want to beat pep so bad they asking for help from magic powers in the sky an shit Laughing Laughing if you want to beat pep beat the man fair and square like klopp has. dont be asking zeus to help ffs. rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next