Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final

+9
titosantill
Mr Nick09
Doc
Freeza
The Demon of Carthage
chad4401
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
guest7
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final Empty Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Do you respect his opinion? Clearly the Mourinho era was the clear shift away from a Barca dominance. In fact he was the biggest reason Barca didn't dominate that era as much as they wanted to. Even with Inter. I'm saddened that we aparted in a bad way because it's clear to me Mourinho helped us alot.

He was the first one to install a WINNING MENTALITY imo. He built the backbone to our success today.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final Empty Re: Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Clearly. He's the best manager in the world and no one comes close. Too bad he was overpowered by San Leaker, because in that ridiculous story Mou was the good guy.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final Empty Re: Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Clearly. He's the best manager in the world and no one comes close. Too bad he was overpowered by San Leaker, because in that ridiculous story Mou was the good guy.

Only Mourinho can finish 6th and drive a Championship winning side to fighting relegation and still have people actually believe he's even close to the best manager in the world.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Clearly. He's the best manager in the world and no one comes close. Too bad he was overpowered by San Leaker, because in that ridiculous story Mou was the good guy.

Only Mourinho can finish 6th and drive a Championship winning side to fighting relegation and still have people actually believe he's even close to the best manager in the world.

And Ronaldo is better than Messi because he has more Balon D'ors.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Some Madrid fans will forever love mou, cause he made the benz hate mainstream to hide the fact he can only win one way with his shit tactics, team played with underdog mentality along with playing like shit, mou can sod off could have made history but too busy trying to blame players.

the team was always gonna get better with smarter signings and releasing the past it players, mou can take credit if he want too,but the team never won cl with him cause his tactics are weak and geared towards small mentality clubs.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:38 pm

The man has turned gray, and yet his immaturity and insecurity are still intact.

I really have no energy to talk about how obnoxious, hateful and envious this man is, however I'm just gonna say one thing: I'm extremely happy that this joke for a manager is no longer ours, and I hope he'll never manage this great club ever again. Good riddance.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

You're ignoring what he did with Porto, which is the most impressive feat from a top manager in the game imo.

But you're right, right now he isn't the best. Somethings happened, he looks depressed and isn't enjoying the game as much as he used to imo. Lost the passion and the flame for the game. But I still hold him in high respect for what he has done for us.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm not ignoring his career, what he did at Porto has no relevance to today which is what i said.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not ignoring his career, what he did at Porto has no relevance to today which is what i said.

It's the reason why he is still regarded as the best I meant though. I can't agree right now exactly but I still think Mourinho is capable of being the best certainly.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Being regarded as the best with what happened over 10 years ago rofl

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:59 pm

No one is considering him the best anymore.

He's pretty much irrelevant now. As he should be.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:46 pm

Just adding more of my cents to the discussion:

Mourinho's contribution is still alive in this team. it was he who turned Ramos into a CB. It was he who gave the green light to purchase Varane, and almost made him a starter that season. It was he who brought Luka Modric to us and the rest is history.

CR7 also became a beast under him and started to perform in big games too. Changed his mentality completly.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:47 pm

Any "best manager in the world" discussion shouldn't have a man who guided his side to 6th in the EPL. The Europa League win was good but not something to warrant such an accolade.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:50 pm

Re: Varane
From what I have read, that was all Zidane convincing Perez to purchase him. I guess Jose probably had a say or two.

Re: Modric
Jose was benching his ass hard, giving him the Sahin treatment until he was forced to start him due to injuries. And more importantly, it was in his final season at the club. I give him no credit for Modric. None.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:51 pm

mourinho was ran out of madrid because of some disastrous man management and an attitude that seeked to be put in the limelight first and foremost. he tried to become bigger than the club and exploded midflight. Not a smart strategy for a supposedly smart manager. the guy is full of contradiction, not missed.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:55 pm

And he burnt out all the kids he signed to build a "decade" of success in Madrid: Ozil, Di Maria (saved by Carlo), Khedira, Sahin, Coentrao, Altintop.

where was the typical mourinho signing that took this team to helped carry this team into the success we currently have?

As Doc said above, he was benching Modric to the point that we were wondering if he was a mistake too.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:08 pm

He was the one who bought Modric though. Hate it or love it, he wasn't rated as high as he was today. Mourinho rated him much more than GL did (remember when Mole called him a big game flop? the forum just went with it too)

In your list nick I agree he burnt out the kids except Di Maria. Di Maria was one of Mourinhos most used players and played every Clasico with us under Mou.

he started Zidane's career too. Remember that
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Bought him to bench him for the majority of the season he was bought for Marca (I think) to proclaim him to be the worst signing of that season.

But yes, he did approve of the signing.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 pm

its just mourinho being mourinho. stylishly trying to take credit; he had his good moments, but he was brought to do one job at madrid, didn't get it done, then went back to chelsea. i'm not exactly sure the point he's trying to make with this. its really not that important
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Sergio Ramos has responded to his old manager's (Jose Mourinho) claims:

"Jose Mourinho said the truth. We had not made the quarter-finals before and now I have three Champions League trophies"

"I have learned from every coach across my career. Some more than others!"
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:10 am

Bumping this thread.

I see that Duncan Castles is spreading rumours that Perez is considering hiring Mourinho. I don't think that's a bad idea. hear me out:

His transfers are good. Yes, it was under him Salah got sold but Mourinho says that it wasn't his decision. I trust him on that tho I feel like Salah should have gotten play time under Mou aswell if that was the case, which he didn't. But then again his transfers under us were excellent.

People are going to say Zidane gave us Varane... That's partly true. Zidane was the one who discovered Varane BUT Mourinho made him a starter and trusted him to play. He gave the green light basically and Mou had full control so basically he could have stopped it if he didn't believe in him. He even started him in a clasico where Varane dominated.

He brought us Modric. Yes he ostracized him but at the same time he was in fact the one who wanted him to come in the beginning. But Modric gave us a good performance vs Man U and then he started under Mou afterwards. So he didn't give up on him completly. Just expected more than he gave initially.

Özil was under his best under Mou. So was Di Maria. Switched Ramos to CB.

Further things he did: Won our first title in 4 years against an unbelievable Barca side, breaking multiple records. Reached CL semis 3 consecutive times after we went 6 years without progressing from R16. Anyone who doesn't believe he built the foundation for Madrid's current success is just incredibly biased IMO. It's hard to say that he laid the foundation for the 3peat but he did lay the foundation for La Decima imo. BUT at the same time it was under him we started reaching semis EVERY YEAR.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:28 am

guest7 wrote:Bumping this thread.

I see that Duncan Castles is spreading rumours that Perez is considering hiring Mourinho. I don't think that's a bad idea. hear me out:

Mourinho: When I arrived in Madrid, Ramos had yet to play a Champions League quarter-final Wu9nTcx
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 am

I do think we need a manager like Conte or Mourinho. Either one works fine for me
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:50 am

Absolutely no to Mourinho. garbage man-manager and stone age tactics. No thank you, been there done that.

Plus I don't really understand these rumors. For one, Mourinho still has his job, so the timeline doesn't exactly work out. If Perez wouldn't go back to the well for Carlo this past summer, he sure as shit isn't going back to the well for Mourinho.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:55 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Absolutely no to Mourinho. garbage man-manager and stone age tactics. No thank you, been there done that.

Plus I don't really understand these rumors. For one, Mourinho still has his job, so the timeline doesn't exactly work out. If Perez wouldn't go back to the well for Carlo this past summer, he sure as shit isn't going back to the well for Mourinho.

To call Mourinho a garbage man manager is a crime. When he works, he is the best. Even Hazard has come out recently to praise Mourinho's man management. He will get a team of players to play their guts out for him, at least short term. Sure it doesn't work on everyone, but that doesn't matter if he can mould the team to bring in players that he can man-manage.

I do agree on the old tactics, though. I think that is largely why his Utd team is his least successful since before his Porto days.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum