51 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 16 Empty Re: Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid

Post by Harmonica Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:50 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

You dont make Balon dor winners, you buy them. Only few can produce them :coffee:

You’re really going plural on that one?

Yes, Iniesta or Xavi should've won in 2010 instead of Messi

Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 16 R361313_1296x729_16-9
Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 16 QAioQSw

As it stands it would be funny if Vicinius won over Bellingham. But there's still Euro's, Copa America, Olympics and MLS to play.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:56 pm

I think Bellingham should win it over Vini without a single doubt, but people in football have short memories, so NT season will probably decide.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:54 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Vinicius Jr signs for Madrid - Page 16 QAioQSw

As it stands it would be funny if Vicinius won over Bellingham. But there's still Euro's, Copa America, Olympics and MLS to play.

MLS! - still living in your delusional world!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:05 pm

Vibe wrote:I think Bellingham should win it over Vini without a single doubt, but people in football have short memories, so NT season will probably decide.
Vini has been our most important player this season. Bellingham had a huge first half of the season. Not much to write home about in the second half of the season. Vini started the season well, got injured, came back started to get going then got injured again. Look at the trophies we've won, Vini's finger prints are all over them. Our whole team including Bellingham are backing Vini. Only those that have something against him don't think he deserves it.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:48 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

You dont make Balon dor winners, you buy them. Only few can produce them :coffee:

Snejider should've won it tbh

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:54 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Only those that have something against him don't think he deserves it.

I have always supported Vini but I believe Bellingham is the one 100%. His clutch goals in the first half of the season set Madrid up for all the success they have achieved later. Towards the end Vini was more influential, but Bellingham's role changed entirely.

Only reason Vini seems ahead now is the recency bias.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:22 pm

I’ll be happy if either of them get it. I think it depends on how Brasil and England make out in upcoming NT tournaments
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:38 pm

Vibe wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Only those that have something against him don't think he deserves it.

I have always supported Vini but I believe Bellingham is the one 100%. His clutch goals in the first half of the season set Madrid up for all the success they have achieved later. Towards the end Vini was more influential, but Bellingham's role changed entirely.

Only reason Vini seems ahead now is the recency bias.
Bellingham's role has not changed when we have the ball. In fact he could influence the game more if he didn't obsess about scoring. He is going to play alot better next season when he resigns to letting Vini and Mbappe do the scoring.

Vini was our best player in CL and the Super Cup, was also one of our best players in the league despite missing 2 months through injury and at least another month while gaining match fitness. Bellingham was clutch in the first half of the season, no doubt and the LL player of the season reflects that

Vini is the CL player of the season and Super Cup MVP

I don't get how anyone can argue that he doesn't deserve his balon d'or
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:48 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I’ll be happy if either of them get it. I think it depends on how Brasil and England make out in upcoming NT tournaments
Same here. Don't mind who gets it between the two and Kroos. Whoever it is will have deserved it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:00 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

I see one Balon D'or winner in that pic and two of his mates touching his shoulder.

Again, you really going plural on this one?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:04 pm

Nivash wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Vinicus has less g/a than Lewandowski and Dovbyk. Worst balon dor winner than Jorginho

He also has as many CLs as they do combined

Lol same people who are making these arguments were screaming that Messi robbed the B'dor in some seasons, even last season after winning WC and getting over 50g/a Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:12 pm

Doc wrote:I see one Balon D'or winner in that pic and two of his mates touching his shoulder.

Again, you really going plural on this one?

Yes it was one the closest B'dor in terms of % of votes within the top 3 spots. Fine margins, all 3 of them deserved it.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:12 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Nivash wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Vinicus has less g/a than Lewandowski and Dovbyk. Worst balon dor winner than Jorginho

Lol same people who are making these arguments were screaming that Messi robbed the B'dor in some seasons, even last season after winning WC and getting over 50g/a Laughing
quality > quantity

Haaland was robbed last season let's face it. Lewa was robbed by Covid. Iniesta by Messi, Ribery by Ronaldo etc

I remember a few seasons ago when Ronaldo or Messi were winning balon d'or eventhough they went trophyless just because they scored 50/60 goals in the league. Complete robberies.

The balon d'or from now will actually go to the best player in the best team in Europe for that season rather than to the name.

If they could give it to players that don't score but do the heavy lifting for the team that would be great. Valvede for example had just as good league campaign as our best ones but has never got any recognition. I don't like that!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:25 pm

The undisputed GOAT :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:28 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Nivash wrote:

quality > quantity

Haaland was robbed last season let's face it. Lewa was robbed by Covid. Iniesta by Messi, Ribery by Ronaldo etc

I remember a few seasons ago when Ronaldo or Messi were winning balon d'or eventhough they went trophyless just because they scored 50/60 goals in the league. Complete robberies.

The balon d'or from now will actually go to the best player in the best team in Europe for that season rather than to the name.

If they could give it to players that don't score but do the heavy lifting for the team that would be great. Valvede for example had just as good league campaign as our best ones but has never got any recognition. I don't like that!

If Balon d'or was about overall contribution to team play regardless of trophies or g/a then Messi should win every season because nobody comes close to his impact on the game individually speaking.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:31 pm

Vibe wrote:I think Bellingham should win it over Vini without a single doubt, but people in football have short memories, so NT season will probably decide.

Why though, just ask yourself. who was more decisive when the team needed it? this CL title would not have been possible without Vinicius.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:36 pm

Myesyats wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

quality > quantity

If Balon d'or was about overall contribution to team play regardless of trophies or g/a then Messi should win every season because nobody comes close to his impact on the game individually speaking.
You mean his impact in getting Barca slapped by any European team and going all quiet in the dressing room when they needed a captain.

Sure, he made the LaLiga journeymen look like Sunday league players but against RM (in the later years) and CL he had 0 impact.

In fact until Fifa made sure he got his WC gold his NT career was quite underwhelming too. 0 impact despite having a stacked Argentina team. Will never forget them having multiple CA year after year so that Messi could finally win one. Embarrassing

Messi should not have won his last two balon dors at all
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:42 pm

[/quote]

I don't like getting too involved with the balon d'or talk, but I can never agree with this. I just look at it as a time when people who would consider themselves 'purists' felt it wasn't cool to talk about messi since those who they considered 'casuals' were hyped about him as well as Cristiano. There was never a season where xavi and iniesta did anything that would have made me put them on the same table as Messi. And that's very easy for me to decipher since they were team mates.

Even Spain's renaissance, I've gone on record saying it doesn't happen without Villa. Messi and Cristiano just put up such numbers, purists decided they wanted to appreciate the midfield generals a little more. I don't think Sneijder was robbed either. Unpopular opinion, I actually think, Milito was Inter's best player that year.

But he scored ugly-ish goals, wasn't making passes in midfield and pointing at teammates directing them where they should be (a lot of fans seem to be enamored by that), and was at least from an attacking standpoint was the antithesis of everything the 'purists' love and stand for, so he got no love.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:25 am

Milito being Inters best player is not an unpopular opinion. Didn't SAF say the same thing?

Xavi and Iniesta divided the vote between them. Had one of them been clearly better than the other they would've gathered all the "let's recognize Spain for winning their first WC" voters and pulled ahead.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:22 am

Its a combo of the above mentioned though so individual performance n influence, team trophies, as well as popularity n appeal, etc....

In all honesty, up to this point in time the most objective has to be Vini winning it on the football side. Dunno if the antics will have any effect, is not than him, otherwise some might side with Bellingham cos of his cleaner overall image than the former.

But this is Euro yr so if Bellingham wins that it will tilt it toward him even more, than if Mbappe wins it while performing amazingly who knows. If not, wont be surprised if Vini does win it... pretty amazing come to think of it... from headless chicken in like 3 yrs to Ballon D'or winner?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:17 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Nivash wrote:

quality > quantity

Halaand wasn't robbed. Bdor is all about narrative. Stat padding against scrubs i the pl and doing nothing in semi finals and finals messed him up. Also the WC trumps everything.

As for the BDo in 2010, Xavi and Iniesta were not robbed. Had the award been the Ballon Dor and not the FIFA Ballon Dor, Sneijder would have won. He got the most weighted journalist votes. The rest is heresay.

Messi and Ronaldo benefitted from the award being combined with Fifa. Modric would never have won it if it was the FIFA Bdo.

Vini should win it now. He has the narrative, scored in the final, had the flashy moments etc
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:22 pm

Yeah, I agree. The outside possibility is if England wins Euro Cup, with Bellingham playing a prominent role as well as Brasil crashing out of Copa America with Vini not a factor.

Question - is there a possibility of Vini and Bellingham splitting votes and a dark horse squeaking in?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jun 04, 2024 2:01 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Yeah, I agree. The outside possibility is if England wins Euro Cup, with Bellingham playing a prominent role as well as Brasil crashing out of Copa America with Vini not a factor.

Question - is there a possibility of Vini and Bellingham splitting votes and a dark horse squeaking in?

The only thing I can see happening is if Mbappe has an outstanding Euros then kills it at the start of his Madrid career. Some people are saying Kroos should win it if Germany win the Euros but I can't see it tbh.

Only other person is Harry Kane of the top of my head.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:50 am

Messi needing to win the World Cup to cement GOAT status was the overarching narrative of his career since like 2010. Football is about stories and that was the main story for 12 years. It was only natural that he'd win the Ballon d'or after winning the World Cup in the dramatic fashion that he did.

It's unfortunate for Haaland because he had his own good story as he helped City win their first CL, and broke numerous records along the way. In any other year he would've won it. It's also not like his Ballon d'or was skewed by player/coach voting the way it was between 2010-2015. Anyways, it was clear to anyone but Ronaldo fanboys that the Ballon d'or was going to Messi the moment Montiel scored his penalty.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:18 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:32 pm

For every convicted racist he turned another 1000 people racist with his behavior
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next