RealGunner
S
Robespierre
Firenze
jibers
41 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III

Post by dronte Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:40 am

rincon wrote:
dronte wrote:Neto and Benatia looked extremely awful yesterday.. Also Dani Alves was pretty disappointing in the last ~20 minutes, he didn't even try to get the ball, ever Very Happy

Did you see Buffon's reaction at Neto when he kept making mistakes? Him and Benatia were so out of form. The lack of game time was more than clear.

That's very true, but it's very concerning that our B-team looked so unreliable.

Neto played 10 matches this season btw, that's absolutely not much, but still more than Storari's game under Conte, yet he was an extremely reliable backup. A GK should be always up to the task.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III - Page 23 Empty Re: The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III

Post by rincon Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:00 am

Agreed. I also think Neto should move on. This game is not indicative of how good he can be. He should be a starter somewhere and its probably not gonna be Juve. Mentally, I don't think he is ready to be a back up like Storari was. I think that's where his mistakes came from, not being fully comfortable with his situation.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Luca wrote:I have to say this now before the result and the end of the season, massive respect to this Napoli squad.

What a team.

They play very well and they have some very talented players within this squad.

They lost to a respectable 6-2 on aggregrate in Europe and another respectable 5-4 aggregate lost to Jjuve. Very respectable side this Napoli. Could always bet on them to be very talented and respectable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:09 am

Luca wrote:
breva wrote:
Luca wrote:Y'all can really blow a 1-0 lead at home on an extra day of rest and just chalk it up to there being an international break.

I like that.

Your own reasoning is simply a regurgitation of sources you've found that agree with what you think. Note the difference here.

Anyways, I was just hoping you would bite the bullet and admit that this Inter squad isn't very good but if not advancing from the Europa league group stage, changing your manager mid season yet again and blowing a lead at home to a team you're superior to at a pivotal point in the season doesn't lead you to believe that Inter sucks, then naturally nothing will- unless some second rate authority publishes it online.

You've yet to make one post that doesn't rely on an argument founded on appealing to authority so I would like question my own logic before ever bothering to question others, you know, as a grown person should consider their own faults before they think about criticizing others.

I only rely on fact. My logic is based on fact. Of course Inter is a terrible team, when have I said otherwise? I have said that the personnel (the individual players) are excellent players. I sometimes wonder if there is a language comprehension problem among the posters.

How is your logic based on fact when you are just quoting the opinions of "experts" of web articles and interviews?

You do realize those aren't facts right? Like their words aren't fact, they are not irefutable truths.

And you know damn well you've only recently changed your tune regarding inter being bad but alas, I'll take my reading comprehension skills and comprehend that I have a man probably twice my age trying to belittle me on a web forum.

Your reading comprehension is suspect. I have always said that Inter has excellent personnel. I have never said that Inter was good team.

I doubt that you will find any knowledgeable football person that will not tell you that teams that have many national team players that go away to play on international breaks are disadvantaged compared to teams that have the ability to continue training with most of their first team players while the bigger team cannot, not to mention the fatigue from travel and possible injuries. It's just logic. What you have is a severe case of cognizant dissonance.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:20 am

breva wrote:
Luca wrote:
breva wrote:

I only rely on fact. My logic is based on fact. Of course Inter is a terrible team, when have I said otherwise? I have said that the personnel (the individual players) are excellent players. I sometimes wonder if there is a language comprehension problem among the posters.

How is your logic based on fact when you are just quoting the opinions of "experts" of web articles and interviews?

You do realize those aren't facts right? Like their words aren't fact, they are not irefutable truths.

And you know damn well you've only recently changed your tune regarding inter being bad but alas, I'll take my reading comprehension skills and comprehend that I have a man probably twice my age trying to belittle me on a web forum.

Your reading comprehension is suspect. I have always said that Inter has excellent personnel. I have never said that Inter was good team.

I doubt that you will find any knowledgeable football person that will not tell you that teams that have many national team players that go away to play on international breaks are disadvantaged compared to teams that have the ability to continue training with most of their first team players while the bigger team cannot, not to mention the fatigue from travel and possible injuries. It's just logic. What you have is a severe case of cognizant dissonance.

breva, in your delusion do you even read over what you post?

After Inter lost you said that it was always a possible result due to the international break where Inter [arguably] suffered by sending players away, thus fatiguing them.

What you failed, and STILL fail to realize, is the CONTEXT in which you are making this argument and the REASON it doesn't fit for THIS specific match in question.

While the international break is a factor, it is lessened by the fact that Inter had an extra day of rest as they played on Monday- an extra 24 hours is massive for anyone to recover physically. Second, this was a home game which just emphasizes the latter point. Third, Inter held a 1-0 advantage, sure fatigue can still come into play but I doubt Medel's blatant handball in the dying moments had to do with him playing for Chile- unless he is also on their basketball team and got the sports confused momentarily. Fourth, and finally, for a pivotal game such as this for Inter, for a team with a decent sized squad that plays one match per week, you cannot possibly cite the international break as a possible reason for losing. If you had said this prior to the match, it would have been one thing but you said it after the match when everyone can consider the above facts and the manner in which they lost this game.

I'll tell you point by point why my argument is stronger than yours. First, you do not consider any counter arguments to your claim, I do and refute them. Second, yours provides but one reason for the result, I've listed several. Third, yours is supported solely by the opinion of web published articles and while it may be common knowledge that more travel leads to more fatigue, it severely ignores the context of this match which, in my opinion, significantly outweighs 'travel fatigue'. And lastly, and most importantly, I'm not so blatantly biased that I would not accept your claim because it is you that is making it. Wise up breva, you're better than that.

You've yet to make one post that does not rely completely and blatantly on a logical fallacy. Please do not insult me again, lets try to keep this friendly and if you cannot, please just don't respond to me. If I insult you on this forum, you'll feel much worse about it then I ever could. Act your age and drop the reading comprehension and 'cognizant dissonance' posts, I'm severely unimpressed.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:27 am

Don't want to piss on your parade Luca brah but your argument would look a hella lot better if you harvard referenced a bleacher report or two, as of now Breva is winning Sad
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:26 pm

Luca wrote:
breva wrote:
Luca wrote:

breva, in your delusion do you even read over what you post?

After Inter lost you said that it was always a possible result due to the international break where Inter [arguably] suffered by sending players away, thus fatiguing them.

What you failed, and STILL fail to realize, is the CONTEXT in which you are making this argument and the REASON it doesn't fit for THIS specific match in question.

While the international break is a factor, it is lessened by the fact that Inter had an extra day of rest as they played on Monday- an extra 24 hours is massive for anyone to recover physically. Second, this was a home game which just emphasizes the latter point. Third, Inter held a 1-0 advantage, sure fatigue can still come into play but I doubt Medel's blatant handball in the dying moments had to do with him playing for Chile- unless he is also on their basketball team and got the sports confused momentarily. Fourth, and finally, for a pivotal game such as this for Inter, for a team with a decent sized squad that plays one match per week, you cannot possibly cite the international break as a possible reason for losing. If you had said this prior to the match, it would have been one thing but you said it after the match when everyone can consider the above facts and the manner in which they lost this game.

I'll tell you point by point why my argument is stronger than yours. First, you do not consider any counter arguments to your claim, I do and refute them. Second, yours provides but one reason for the result, I've listed several. Third, yours is supported solely by the opinion of web published articles and while it may be common knowledge that more travel leads to more fatigue, it severely ignores the context of this match which, in my opinion, significantly outweighs 'travel fatigue'. And lastly, and most importantly, I'm not so blatantly biased that I would not accept your claim because it is you that is making it. Wise up breva, you're better than that.

You've yet to make one post that does not rely completely and blatantly on a logical fallacy. Please do not insult me again, lets try to keep this friendly and if you cannot, please just don't respond to me. If I insult you on this forum, you'll feel much worse about it then I ever could. Act your age and drop the reading comprehension and 'cognizant dissonance' posts, I'm severely unimpressed.

What insult would that be?

1. My accusation that you have a reading comprehension problem is derived from the fact that you claimed that I changed "my tune" regarding Inter. I never changed "my tune", I stated clearly that I believed Inter's personnel were very good. I never claimed Inter was a good team (at the time coached by De Boer as I recall).

2. Cognizant dissonance is not an insult it is a condition which makes it possible for a person to negate a reality, usually because of past conditioning or because it represents a new element never taken into account.

3. Players that have played international matches as opposed to players that have not are naturally more fatigued than players that have not. But it doesn't stop there. Usually the smaller club has not only had the opportunity to rest players with light training, the managers have also had the opportunity to better prepare their players for the upcoming match. Then when the timezone issue is added, where it is documented fact that to recover completely from timezone differences it takes a day for every hour of timezone difference, one can see that players, though in excellent health and very fit, will be disoriented playing a day or two after a return from a time zone 6-8 hours away. An extra day of rest doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

But, if you want to believe otherwise, be my guest.

breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:26 am

I'm not disputing that fatigue from international break is a factor when all the clubs return to action. My argument is that the context of this match, and only this match is what I am speaking to, is not a loss that can be reasoned in this way.

But I am content to leave it there.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:43 pm

Pellegrini puts Sassuolo ahead at Atalanta. He robbed the ball from Caldara and drove it in.

Atalanta 0-1 Sassuolo
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Luca wrote:I'm not disputing that fatigue from international break is a factor when all the clubs return to action. My argument is that the context of this match, and only this match is what I am speaking to, is not a loss that can be reasoned in this way.

But I am content to leave it there.

In the context of the match in question, it was poignant. One team had most, if not all of its players on national teams while the other had none that I remember. But, I will leave it at that.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:37 pm

Won't mind if Atalanta fold tbh
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Higuain bagged another 4 goals this week hmm

Havent seen today's match but based on the highlights Dybala had an outstanding night finally. And Higgy squandered a few more sitters Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Nice game between Samp and Fiore.

Sampdoria playing very well. Up 1-0 from Bruno Fernandes.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:19 pm

Missed Suso.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Crotone is beating Inter 1-0

#InternationalBreakDidIt
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:25 pm

LMAAAAAAAAAAAO

Crotone 2-0 Inter

again Falcinelli
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:27 pm

It's all because of the international break

Kondogbia-Medel :facepalm:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Gagliardini gets injured and Inter collapse to 0-4 over 90 minutes.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:28 pm

When did Inter loan Trent Sainsbury lmao?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Suso is bae
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Milan would overtake Inter and be within 2 points of Atalanta for EL with these results.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Nice goal by Ljajic to make 1-1 at Cagliari

A run with a 1-2 with Belotti, who gave a backheel assist.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:41 pm

Belotti gets the goal now! 1-2

Great movement to get the header from a Zappacosta cross. The usual Torino combination.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Crotone should have been 3-0 up lol

Inter look awful.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 pm

The weekend break took a toll on them
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Inter Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next