RealGunner
S
Robespierre
Firenze
jibers
41 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III - Page 21 Empty Re: The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III

Post by rincon Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:43 pm

Inter didn't lose because of internationals, they even played on Monday. They lost because Samp is good and brought their A game.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III - Page 21 Empty Re: The 2016-17 Calcio Saga Part III

Post by breva Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:58 pm

Inter had many of its players involved in playing games for their national teams, as Chelsea did.

I thought it was common knowledge that clubs with a lot of players involved in international duty have difficulty upon their return to league play.

"Loss of form is another issue faced by clubs in the post-international break period. This is especially true for big clubs, who see a lot of their players leave for international duty."

http://sixthofficial.com/how-the-international-break-affects-clubs/

breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:01 pm

Worst excuse ever. Plenty of teams have numerous national team players, most of them played even earlier on the weekend than Inter.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:05 pm

Nothing about the game suggested that i was due to the internationals. Samp even missed their best player (Muriel) which for a team like Samp is a huge loss. It was never gonna be an easy game, Inter isn't good enough to expect to win every game and Samp is on good form with a quality squad.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:46 pm

breva wrote:Inter had many of its players involved in playing games for their national teams, as Chelsea did.

I thought it was common knowledge that clubs with a lot of players involved in international duty have difficulty upon their return to league play.

"Loss of form is another issue faced by clubs in the post-international break period. This is especially true for big clubs, who see a lot of their players leave for international duty."

http://sixthofficial.com/how-the-international-break-affects-clubs/

You're not a big club if you cite such excuses, so that quoted part does not apply here.

You had an extra day of rest, you played at home, you had a 1-0 lead, you played a team less talented and below you in the table.

It was not because of De Boer or the international break. Neither helped but neither were the cause here.

Sucks to suck

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:05 pm

It's continually surprising that Inter with an unquestionably superior squad to ours still struggle in such games.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Lazio winning 1-2 away in their coppa tie. Its sealed.

El Shaarawy scored for Roma. Sergej and Immobile scored, with a Sergej assist.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Worst excuse ever. Plenty of teams have numerous national team players, most of them played even earlier on the weekend than Inter.

You are mistaking the realistic calculation of the probability of a result with "excuses". I was not very confident of an Inter win because I surmised that the team would be lethargic as a result of the fact that many of the players had played with their respective national teams. I admit I was leaning more towards a draw than a loss, however.

The post international break syndrome for squads with large numbers of national team players, usually big clubs, is well known.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:It's continually surprising that Inter with an unquestionably superior squad to ours still struggle in such games.

I take it you are a Samp supporter. While Inter does have the edge in quality, as the fact that most of its first team plays on national teams (compared to Samp) shows. Samp is not a team to take lightly.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:26 pm

We played at Napoli, had no Dybala, Sandro, Barzagli, Alves or Cuadrado and a half fit Mandzukic, and we drew.

Inter played a day later and had a full squad, played at home to a mid table team and lost.

Seems legit.

Talent FC Proud
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 pm

Well, Napoli had many players on international duty as well. I don't think you quite understand the dynamic that I am pointing out. Crystal Palace is a mid table (or worse) team in the EPL, yet was able to beat Chelsea the first place club. The effect of the international break may have had some effect on that result as well.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:50 pm

rincon wrote:We played at Napoli, had no Dybala, Sandro, Barzagli, Alves or Cuadrado and a half fit Mandzukic, and we drew.

Inter played a day later and had a full squad, played at home to a mid table team and lost.

Seems legit.

Talent FC Proud

Talented FC Molenation

Only at excuses, unfortunately.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 am

Luca wrote:
rincon wrote:We played at Napoli, had no Dybala, Sandro, Barzagli, Alves or Cuadrado and a half fit Mandzukic, and we drew.

Seems legit.

Talent FC Proud

Talented FC Molenation

What excuses? Analyzing the probabilities based on known causes and effects has nothing to do with excuses. It's just something that anyone that knows anything about football knows. I am quite surprised that many of you experts have never considered this known phenomenon in football when calculating a club's chances, especially if betting.

"Clubs dread international breaks—especially big clubs, as nearly all of their players are fixtures in their country's respective national squads."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2668188-mixed-feelings-for-barcelona-over-effects-of-international-break
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:31 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:It's continually surprising that Inter with an unquestionably superior squad to ours still struggle in such games.

GAHAHAHA I LUV IT MAGGLE
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:32 am

ES wrote:

GAHAHAHA I LUV IT MAGGLE

rofl Tonight is gonna be FUN MAGGYL

WE'RE HERE TO HAVE SUM' FUN
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 am

breva wrote:
Luca wrote:

Seems legit.

Talent FC Proud

Talented FC Molenation

What excuses?  Analyzing the probabilities based on known causes and effects has nothing to do with excuses.  It's just something that anyone that knows anything about football knows.  I am quite surprised that many of you experts have never considered this known phenomenon in football when calculating a club's chances, especially if betting.

"Clubs dread international breaks—especially big clubs, as nearly all of their players are fixtures in their country's respective national squads."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2668188-mixed-feelings-for-barcelona-over-effects-of-international-break

Bruh, all of your posts are just blatant argumentative fallacies after another one. This one is known as appealing to authority, sourcing a bleacher report article as if it is the end all and the reason Inter lost a very winnable game.

Not to mention, you contradict yourself in the part you paraphrased. Inter hasn't been a big club in many years, and as such the international break shouldn't have impacted them at all by your own criteria. Not to mention, you guys have been on a break since 2010 and it's beginning to rival Ross and Rachel.

Do you know why so many users above me and on previous pages, and in previous instances, disagree with you so vehemently? Because it goes against common sense.

Inter had a lead, Inter played at home, Inter is currently higher than Sampdoria in the standings, Inter is currently a more talented team than Sampdoria.

Your response: De Boer and an international break. Are they factors? Sure, I'm sure it was windy that night too but that does not cut it for a team with the supposed caliber of Inter.

So, instead of reposting the same article- which I can promise you no one probably even read, why don't you form your own argument with your own reasoning as this is a discussion board on not a fragile, ill-thought out wikipedia page.

If it was a wikipedia page, Tom and I would be in the footnotes and it would be called Talent FC est 2016 brother.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:07 am

Roma-Juve tickets on sale for the summer friendlies. Should I get one or will it be a boring exhibition match?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:32 am

Luca wrote:
breva wrote:
Luca wrote:

Talented FC Molenation

What excuses?  Analyzing the probabilities based on known causes and effects has nothing to do with excuses.  It's just something that anyone that knows anything about football knows.  I am quite surprised that many of you experts have never considered this known phenomenon in football when calculating a club's chances, especially if betting.

Bruh, all of your posts are just blatant argumentative fallacies after another one. This one is known as appealing to authority, sourcing a bleacher report article as if it is the end all and the reason Inter lost a very winnable game.

Not to mention, you contradict yourself in the part you paraphrased. Inter hasn't been a big club in many years, and as such the international break shouldn't have impacted them at all by your own criteria. Not to mention, you guys have been on a break since 2010 and it's beginning to rival Ross and Rachel.

Do you know why so many users above me and on previous pages, and in previous instances, disagree with you so vehemently? Because it goes against common sense.

Inter had a lead, Inter played at home, Inter is currently higher than Sampdoria in the standings, Inter is currently a more talented team than Sampdoria.

Your response: De Boer and an international break. Are they factors? Sure, I'm sure it was windy that night too but that does not cut it for a team with the supposed caliber of Inter.

So, instead of reposting the same article- which I can promise you no one probably even read, why don't you form your own argument with your own reasoning as this is a discussion board on not a fragile, ill-thought out wikipedia page.

If it was a wikipedia page, Tom and I would be in the footnotes and it would be called Talent FC est 2016 brother.

My own reasoning coincides with what coaches and other professionals have determined. I didn't link to one article but to several. Your reading comprehension is also suspect as you haven't quite figured out what I stated. I said that the combination of the loss and Boer's earlier losses would cause Pioli's firing. I also speculated that the loss was also influenced by the fact that many if not most of the Inter players had been involved in international duty (while Samp's had not), which almost every professional understands disadvantages clubs with many international players. I don't see how this is controversial, it is a known fact. But keep playing your little games. You know full well I have forgotten more about football than you will ever learn.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 am

Y'all can really blow a 1-0 lead at home on an extra day of rest and just chalk it up to there being an international break.

I like that.

Your own reasoning is simply a regurgitation of sources you've found that agree with what you think. Note the difference here.

Anyways, I was just hoping you would bite the bullet and admit that this Inter squad isn't very good but if not advancing from the Europa league group stage, changing your manager mid season yet again and blowing a lead at home to a team you're superior to at a pivotal point in the season doesn't lead you to believe that Inter sucks, then naturally nothing will- unless some second rate authority publishes it online.

You've yet to make one post that doesn't rely on an argument founded on appealing to authority so I would like question my own logic before ever bothering to question others, you know, as a grown person should consider their own faults before they think about criticizing others.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:31 am

rincon wrote:Lazio winning 1-2 away in their coppa tie. Its sealed.

Telling ya, this guy is one to watch. Him + Tolisso would one hell of a revamp for our midfield.

About the debate, let me unveil a not so well-kept secret: Inter sucks leper's shit this season. Average squad with awfully weak mentality. Busy summer ahead for the Chinese owners, thank god they have an heavy wallet. See you next year lads !
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:36 am

Meh we still won today and that's all that matters to me. Can tolerate going out if we at least win. Especially to do those asshats in blue.

This was literally a carbon copy of the Lyon tie though. Too much complacency in the first leg and a too little too late flurry of dynamism in the 2nd leg doomed us.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:02 am

Luca wrote:Y'all can really blow a 1-0 lead at home on an extra day of rest and just chalk it up to there being an international break.

I like that.

Your own reasoning is simply a regurgitation of sources you've found that agree with what you think. Note the difference here.

Anyways, I was just hoping you would bite the bullet and admit that this Inter squad isn't very good but if not advancing from the Europa league group stage, changing your manager mid season yet again and blowing a lead at home to a team you're superior to at a pivotal point in the season doesn't lead you to believe that Inter sucks, then naturally nothing will- unless some second rate authority publishes it online.

You've yet to make one post that doesn't rely on an argument founded on appealing to authority so I would like question my own logic before ever bothering to question others, you know, as a grown person should consider their own faults before they think about criticizing others.

I only rely on fact. My logic is based on fact. Of course Inter is a terrible team, when have I said otherwise? I have said that the personnel (the individual players) are excellent players. I sometimes wonder if there is a language comprehension problem among the posters.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:12 am

Warrior wrote:
rincon wrote:Lazio winning 1-2 away in their coppa tie. Its sealed.

Telling ya, this guy is one to watch. Him + Tolisso would one hell of a revamp for our midfield.

I really don't know enough of Tolisso but Sergej is legit. I really enjoy watching him.

@Firenze @farfan @sportsczy

I thought Tolisso (from some comments) was like an action type midfielders, heavy on the tackle and the pressing. Then I saw a couple of games in the CL and EL (against Roma) and they even played him as AM. Which type of player is he really?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:57 pm

Imagine Khedira, shorter but faster, with the grinta of Sturaro. That's how i'd describe him best. Dunno what position he plays at right now but he has the profile of a box-to-box. Versatile midfielder who knows how to defend and tackle, he's a hard worker with offensive skills as well.

The agreement we have (?) for a 40M move this summer would be called a home-run in baseball terms.

Milinkovic-Savic is a real deal as well, been following him for many months now. Impressive.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:50 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Roma-Juve tickets on sale for the summer friendlies. Should I get one or will it be a boring exhibition match?

probably youth players with some stars. Worth it if it isn't too far
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:52 pm

breva wrote:
Luca wrote:Y'all can really blow a 1-0 lead at home on an extra day of rest and just chalk it up to there being an international break.

I like that.

I only rely on fact. My logic is based on fact. Of course Inter is a terrible team, when have I said otherwise? I have said that the personnel (the individual players) are excellent players. I sometimes wonder if there is a language comprehension problem among the posters.

How is your logic based on fact when you are just quoting the opinions of "experts" of web articles and interviews?

You do realize those aren't facts right? Like their words aren't fact, they are not irefutable truths.

And you know damn well you've only recently changed your tune regarding inter being bad but alas, I'll take my reading comprehension skills and comprehend that I have a man probably twice my age trying to belittle me on a web forum.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next