jibers
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can they do it? The Quintuple - Page 3 Empty Re: Can they do it? The Quintuple

Post by jibers Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:As usual, waiting for jibers to show up and explain, but properly wont get that, same as last time Very Happy

Explain what? I made a thread asking CAN they do it. So what do I have to explain exactly? They were chasing an achievement that hadn't been accomplished in 50+ years and only happened once prior to that by Celtic.

Again I ask you, what do I have to explain?
Well lets start by you listing Uefa Supercup and Fifa Club World Cup as major trophies? Celtic wasn't last, with that logic Barcelona won four major trophies in 09-10, 11-12 and 15-16?

And now that you're here, can you report on Peps success in PL, and has Roonayh surpassed Fakenaldo as Manu's best ever player for you?

They are. Quintuple means 5 trophies. Only team to have won 5 major trophies in Europe in a season was Celtic. European cup, Scottish first division, Scottish Cup, Scottish league cup anf Glasgow Cup. So yes, Celtic won 5 trophies in and season. As you said Barcelona won 4 trophies in those seasons so not sure what point you are atyempting to make . Perhaps you didn't think that through...

Pep's done well for me. His team should have killed off Chelsea, Everton home, Southampton home and Spurs home. Goes to show you how important a goal scorer is. They create enough chances to kill games off. His strategy is high risk high reward. Aguero need to be benched now.

Best ever? In terms of talent? Talent wise CR is up there with the likes of Best, Charlton with regards to abilities.

Greatness wise, I would put Scholes, Giggs, Rio, Vidic, Neville, Cantona, big peter, Law, Best, Charlton, Bryan Robson, Beckham, Keane and a few others ahead of CR. I don't consider CR a united legend. I put him in the same category as Ruud VN. Rooney has had one wc season in his entire career for me. Ronaldo is a bigger united player for me. Rooney tried to move to City and Chelsea and came out in the media saying united had no ambition. He us a joke.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Has never been done but obviously if there is one team that can do it, it's Real Madrid

rofl Can they do it? The Quintuple - Page 3 Market_15514_1390429635
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:07 pm

lol no they suck.

they're not a big enough club like inter, man u, celtic, barca, bayern, psv, and ajax... who can all win trebles.

they're only good enough to concentrate and maybe win 1 tournament at any given time. they can only put all their eggs in one basket.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Bankz wrote:one down.. 2 to go!

They are still going to slap barca in la liga though.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:32 pm

Harmonica wrote:Forget quintuple, 60 years of corruption and still no treble.

oh so that's the reason you have 25% warning level left :$
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:we're not only winning but doing it with style.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/03d786312bf15da0cdae14f8d8f7ffa2/tumblr_inline_oiz0tcye361r51w57_500.gif
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:54 pm

jibers wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:As usual, waiting for jibers to show up and explain, but properly wont get that, same as last time Very Happy

Explain what? I made a thread asking CAN they do it. So what do I have to explain exactly? They were chasing an achievement that hadn't been accomplished in 50+ years and only happened once prior to that by Celtic.

You trying to play down Barca and Messi's achievement is so obvious and nothing new, this thread about Celtic and then if Real manage would be the first is a joke rofl Also your constant talk like you know it all and are right all the time, plus the blabbing on about how Messi's fault for Barcas problem is just annoying as well. U said u will explain yourself about that but u disappeared Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:05 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
jibers wrote:

You trying to play down Barca and Messi's achievement is so obvious and nothing new, this thread about Celtic and then if Real manage would be the first is a joke rofl Also your constant talk like you know it all and are right all the time, plus the blabbing on about how Messi's fault for Barcas problem is just annoying as well. U said u will explain yourself about that but u disappeared Laughing Laughing Laughing

My day's do you even think before you type? Downplay Messi's achievement?, yes by saying he is by far the best of this genration I did a pretty good job there. You got me!

You said I should explain and once again I ask in capital letters EXPLAIN WHAT? That comment you made makes no sense, like most of the nonsense you spout.

Never said it would be the first, said they would join celtic. Calendar year and seasons are not the same thing. Other poseters have called you out on it. Have you got some sort of mental disability? I can't even respond to things that don't make sense.

Yes my constant talk, with the amount of posts I've done here over the last few years....
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Yea so all I say is nonsense and u say is right. Explain how its Messi fault like u always say that causing Barca's problems, still waiting for that, u got it now?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:59 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Yea so all I say is nonsense and u say is right. Explain how its Messi fault like u always say that causing Barca's problems, still waiting for that, u got it now?

Barcelona's problems aren't all Messis fault. TBH he solves a lot of their issues but against the very top teams in La Liga like Atletico and Madrid he has been ineffective. Particularly against teams that pack the centre. Messi wants to touch the ball as much as possible so he comes central looking for the ball.

Messi coming central means Rakitic needs to go wide and run and cover for him in the flanks, when Messi doesn't press when Barcelona are countered Busquets is usually by himself and he has to cover a lot of ground. No matter how good of a defender you are, the bigger the space and the more players you have to defend against, the worse you will look. This problem coincided with Busquets poor form where the mfs where so wide that when Busquets receives the ball he had noone to even pass to so he hugs the ball and got dispossessed.

Messi central creates all of their chances, but when the centre is packed he is better off going off wide when the centre is packed where he can get good one vs ones. That is how Barcelona killed Atletico in 14/15 season. Barcelona stretched them and Messi killed them on the flanks because he is the by far the best dribbler, with Hazard maybe being the closest in that aspect. He went wide and Atletico had to tilt to stop one vs ones and this left Neymar and Suarez so much room and they caused havoc.

Also he has been poor by his standards in the last few Classicos, in fact in almost all classicos since Enrique joined Messi hasn't been at his level because Madrid literally leave the flanks free and let Messi receive the ball in the middle. No matter how good you are at dribbling, noone is going to break 2 blocks by themselves. In fact there was a picture of Zidanes tactics to stop Messi, plans he made on a tactical board. They know Messi will drop deep and leave the wings and so they got very compact on the middle and became narrow, so when Messi got the ball he had like 4 players on him straight away, and even when he managed to dribble a few, he was still caught out and fouled. Casemiro did a fantastic job in the centre.

Sometimes Suarez goes wide when Messi goes central but he always does his diagonal run and can't go too deep a lot of the times because he also has to be on the end and pinning the cbs back.

I think playing 3 at the back could solve a lot of the structural issues, and having Messi play a free role behind the #9 essentially like his final season under Pep where he had the best individual season in football history at the top level. I'm not even sure if Enrique is competent enough to coach it because his only plan atm seems to be get the ball to Messi and pray. It's a double edged sword that works in a marathon like la liga because Messi crushes most teams. But in the competition like the CL, it can be exploited by a top team that has the personnel to execute it.

The problem is Messi has too much ability, he is arguably one of the best finishers in football, easily the best dribbler and an elite final passer. Against the top teams I would want him closer to the box. This is where Enrique comes in. I don't think the position game of Barcelona is strong enough for Messi to receive the ball in dangerous attacking areas because Enrique uses the cms as Quasi fbs. There might be a personnel issue. When Iniesta isn't there, there is noone from MF capable of playing great passes. I think the recruitment has been poor overall.

If you really want to see what I'm talking about, rewatch the classico when Benitez's Madrid was humbled 4-0 at home. Roberto started the game on the rw. Noone is going to say Roberto is even a 10th of Messi in ability, but once Messi came on, Madrid had 2 clear cut chances when they had none before he came on. All the problems I described where there. Barcelona became a lot easier to attack through the middle
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:15 pm

"he is arguably one of the best finishers in football, and an elite final passer."

You're trying hard, but Fakenaldo colors always come through. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:17 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Yea so all I say is nonsense

I think we can all agree on that part at least.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:45 pm

Harmonica wrote:"he is arguably one of the best finishers in football, and an elite final passer."

You're trying hard, but Fakenaldo colors always come through. Laughing

shhh...no tears only Kommandments now...Can they do it? The Quintuple - Page 3 Ronaldo
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:50 pm

That's why barcalearning is correct in this. Why are you even trying to deny it? Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:34 pm

Thats better jibers, u make the points that backup instead of just ur constant trolling and rumblings about Messi. Not sure if what u said isnt known or been tried by Barca, will have to wait and see, but I also do feel Enrique can do better, espeically against the teams that obviously have been successful in countering us like Atletico, but definitely when we struggle I hope to see more adjustments Enrique is able to make to help, whether its about better positioning Messi or whatever setup to make the team more balanced and effective.

Troll all u like about Ronaldo, but as we all can see, his decline is starting, and last years awards and previous one also was largely due to circumstances, he didnt even play in the Euros final apart from shouting his lunges out from the bench Laughing and influences by Perez which means he didnt fully deserve those. Anyway, point is Messi will definitely win and prove that hes miles better this year again.

zigra, I was obviously being sarcastic.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:52 am

this thread is not messi vs ronaldo ffs!!

messi is the best in history, i dont know why you guys fight about facts !

Get back on topic
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: