Nishankly
ErPupone
McLewis
maruf063
11 posters

Go down

Roma don't need Totti Empty Roma don't need Totti

Post by maruf063 Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:52 am

totti may be the symbol of Roma but it's time now that Totti leaves Roma for the betterment of the club. i think Totti has given enough to be considered as a legend in Rome but Roma doesn't need him anymore. there was a time when he was the sole star of the team but now the wind has changed its direction and Roma are planning to be major force...do you really think Roma needs totti? as far as i know he earns 5 million euros each year which is a lot of money considering Roma earns only 123million per year... they can invest that money on a promising youngster...also i saw that he had a bust up with baldini and it won't take much time before he lashes out at Enrique... i don't wan't to experience such circumstances

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Roma don't need Totti Empty Re: Roma don't need Totti

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Totti's going nowhere. Period.

Enrique and Di Benedetto see him as the figurehead of the "Nuovo Roma". He will be an integral part of the team and the fulcrum of our attacking line, just as he has been in past seasons. He proved last season that he isn't at all finished.

If anything, he will slowly be phased out in favor of another striker with similar abilities....we have no such striker right now. At 35, Totti will still be going strong so yes, Roma DO still need Totti. It's not only what he offers in terms of his footballing ability, it's his leadership as captain that also makes him a crucial cog in the Roma machine. When he plays, we play with verve, when he doesn't, our confidence notably takes a dive. Taking him away now amid so much change in the club's mentality and how it plays on the pitch would be utterly short-sighted and disastrous not to mention a massive slight to a man that gave nearly 20 years to this club only be cast aside. Totti, more than any played I know, deserves far better than that.

Last edited by McLewis on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:45 pm

but you should also consider that Enrique's tactics demand a lot of off the ball movement... i don't have any question regarding his skills or ability but that's a matter of "agility" and i think totti will struggle a bit in this regard

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Totti's always been a hard worker though....he's not a prima punta....he doesn't just stick shoulder to shoulder with the last defender and wait for play to come to him....he goes to it. His OTB movement should figure in just fine with Enrique system....the only negative consequence I can see is that he won't be able to do it for an entire 90s more often than not.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Another one of these arguments, eh? Ok then...

maruf063 wrote:totti may be the symbol of Roma but it's time now that Totti leaves Roma for the betterment of the club. i think Totti has given enough to be considered as a legend in Rome but Roma doesn't need him anymore. there was a time when he was the sole star of the team but now the wind has changed its direction and Roma are planning to be major force...do you really think Roma needs totti? as far as i know he earns 5 million euros each year which is a lot of money considering Roma earns only 123million per year... they can invest that money on a promising youngster...also i saw that he had a bust up with baldini and it won't take much time before he lashes out at Enrique... i don't wan't to experience such circumstances

Well, Mclewis has already said it all. But I just can't stay quiet when it comes to this, as I feel that Totti is often UNJUSTLY criticized by many. Now of course, as we are Roma fans, you'll think that are judgement is faded. But trust me, whenever Totti makes a mistake, we'll admit it and when there's criticism to be made, we'll make it. But at the end of the day, we see Totti's true value on the team, something many outsiders will never comprehend. You say there was a time when Totti was the sole star of the time, but now things have changed. I have to disagree; Totti was by far our best player this season and thank goodness we had him, or else we would've never been in contention for the Europa League (we would've definitely been a few spots lower in the table). 15 goals, the majority of them being extremely crucial (the "penalty" argument can't be used because trust me, Pizarro and Borriello would've not had Totti's nerves of steal and would've choked half of the time). As of late, he's been in great form and physical shape and has belied his 34 years of age (ffs, he was running more than Menez). And no one else on the team was able to step up when needed this season. Menez and Vucinic failed completely, Borriello could only do so much given his characteristics, Adriano and Baptista we just disasters. Totti was the only light this season, no question about it and he's shown, during these first few days in training, that he's continued training through the summer and is in good shape.

Second, cutting Totti off altogether is absolutely not the answer, as Mclewis pointed out. We have invested heavily in our youngsters, but Totti is th eperfect role model for the likes of Erik Lamela. We knnow that Totti has to be fazed out slowly and that process is beginning. Nonetheless, Totti will have a key role in the team.

And lastly, there's no bust up with Baldini. Baldini criticized him, but Totti has not answered back. And he's told people that he doesn't want to start any problems by answering back negatively. Talk about taking it on the chin for the sake of the team.

All in all, Totti's abilities are still very much evident as there are very few others with his vision, passing ability and intelligence on the ball. His physical conditioning may be a little worrying given Enrique's style of play, as you pointed out. However, he's shown that he's kept in shape and is as ready as anyone to take on this new challenge. He's even praised Enrique's training methods and has answered positively to them. On top of that, Enrique has only said great things about Totti since being linked to the club. So assuming that Totti will lash out on him is an extremely unjust assumption on your part, but I'm not surprised that you have this feeling given Totti's misleading reputation by those outside of the Capital.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:01 pm

ErPupone wrote:Another one of these arguments, eh? Ok then...

Well, Mclewis has already said it all. But I just can't stay quiet when it comes to this, as I feel that Totti is often UNJUSTLY criticized by many. Now of course, as we are Roma fans, you'll think that are judgement is faded. But trust me, whenever Totti makes a mistake, we'll admit it and when there's criticism to be made, we'll make it. But at the end of the day, we see Totti's true value on the team, something many outsiders will never comprehend. You say there was a time when Totti was the sole star of the time, but now things have changed. I have to disagree; Totti was by far our best player this season and thank goodness we had him, or else we would've never been in contention for the Europa League (we would've definitely been a few spots lower in the table). 15 goals, the majority of them being extremely crucial (the "penalty" argument can't be used because trust me, Pizarro and Borriello would've not had Totti's nerves of steal and would've choked half of the time). As of late, he's been in great form and physical shape and has belied his 34 years of age (ffs, he was running more than Menez). And no one else on the team was able to step up when needed this season. Menez and Vucinic failed completely, Borriello could only do so much given his characteristics, Adriano and Baptista we just disasters. Totti was the only light this season, no question about it and he's shown, during these first few days in training, that he's continued training through the summer and is in good shape.

Second, cutting Totti off altogether is absolutely not the answer, as Mclewis pointed out. We have invested heavily in our youngsters, but Totti is th eperfect role model for the likes of Erik Lamela. We knnow that Totti has to be fazed out slowly and that process is beginning. Nonetheless, Totti will have a key role in the team.

And lastly, there's no bust up with Baldini. Baldini criticized him, but Totti has not answered back. And he's told people that he doesn't want to start any problems by answering back negatively. Talk about taking it on the chin for the sake of the team.

All in all, Totti's abilities are still very much evident as there are very few others with his vision, passing ability and intelligence on the ball. His physical conditioning may be a little worrying given Enrique's style of play, as you pointed out. However, he's shown that he's kept in shape and is as ready as anyone to take on this new challenge. He's even praised Enrique's training methods and has answered positively to them. On top of that, Enrique has only said great things about Totti since being linked to the club. So assuming that Totti will lash out on him is an extremely unjust assumption on your part, but I'm not surprised that you have this feeling given Totti's misleading reputation by those outside of the Capital.

i thought Mclewis said it all Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Nishank wrote:
ErPupone wrote:Another one of these arguments, eh? Ok then...

i thought Mclewis said it all Very Happy

He did, but I just had to put my two cents in lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Totti should not be played to the expense of the team or younger players development. He should take a huge pay cut and accept that he can no longer offer a huge role to a team of the future challenging for the elite trophies.
Also i dont agree with what some people have said about him being a good influence on younger players. His tantrums are far too frequent. I honestly believe that management will phase him out this season. Theres some clever people involved.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:45 pm

For players like Verre, Pettinari, Caprari and so on, he's the perfect role model. Dedicated his life and his body to the giallorossi cause, don't see anyone who could beat him in terms of loyalty. I for one would rather look up to him than some mercenary who only cares about the money in his pockets.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:05 pm

mezzogiornese wrote:Totti should not be played to the expense of the team or younger players development. He should take a huge pay cut and accept that he can no longer offer a huge role to a team of the future challenging for the elite trophies.
Also i dont agree with what some people have said about him being a good influence on younger players. His tantrums are far too frequent. I honestly believe that management will phase him out this season. Theres some clever people involved.

After his infamy with Balotelli, what pray tell, has constituted a "tantrum" on Totti's part since then?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:16 pm

I would keep Totti until he was 45 even if it meant having his prescence in the locker room. He may do antics occasionally, but he is an important part of Roma's infastructure and a motivation for the team and its players to do better.

The injured David Beckham was at the 2010 World Cup for a reason.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:36 pm

I was shocked that Baldini would come out in the paper and say such things. I'm sure they will have plenty of time to talk face to face when he arrives after England's qualification is complete.

Seem's a bit shady and a bit Joe Jordan to me honestly. This guy is a Serie A and Roma Legend....

One thing Totti needs to do though is cut that Mullet though...makes him look like hes 45.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:22 am

narbeZ wrote:I was shocked that Baldini would come out in the paper and say such things. I'm sure they will have plenty of time to talk face to face when he arrives after England's qualification is complete.

Seem's a bit shady and a bit Joe Jordan to me honestly. This guy is a Serie A and Roma Legend....

One thing Totti needs to do though is cut that Mullet though...makes him look like hes 45.

Done

http://www.vocegiallorossa.it/?action=foto&id=51575&id_album=1597&start=0

It wasn't bad though, reminded us of the good old days.

Roma don't need Totti ASRomaforwardFrancescoTotti
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 am

And free up the roster spot whith what? Stefano Okaka ? Come on, seriously.? Totti is a legend. He is to Roma what ADP is to Juve. Aside from the leadership, locker room presence, experience, talisman status, commercial benefits and revenue HE brings in... He will be valuable if you progress in Europa League. He is a big-game, prime-time player. He's not 25, but he has more than most on his good days. Nobody is saying he should start every match. Maybe a super-sub position is more practical. But I would say this legend could walk onto any club in the world. Even if it may be as a sub.
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:42 am

i understand the feelings you guys have for Totti... it wasn't meant to hurt you but i seriously think we should start to look beyond Totti now... it is evident from the discussion that you guys expect a lot from him... another thing, Enrique is a clever person unlike Ranieri... he knows that going against Totti would cost his job... that's why he is praising him all the time...no offence

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by maruf063 Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 am

though I am a Bangladeshi, Totti is my childhood hero... i hold no grudge against him :-)

maruf063
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:18 pm

I see where you're coming from, maruf063.

The thing is, we all know that Totti's reign as King of Rome is coming to an end. This is inevitable. Many of us have already began to think of life without him on the pitch for us. It's not gonna be pleasant, but the moves that Enrique is making right now are central to that.

Until that time comes however, we need him. The man's simply talismanic. Enrique is spot on in praising him as he can't afford to be seen doing otherwise.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Well Ranieri wasn't an idiot either, the only mistake he made with Totti was against Sampdoria. Other than that, he always stressed that they had a good relationship. Totti just didn't like his mentality and tactics, understandable for a player with his characteristics as it required a more physical striker.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sukrut23 Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:30 pm

this thread is complete bullshit...

2 goals against lazio, highest goal scorer,highest assists (i think), what eles do u want from the king of rome...

utter rubbish... pull this dam thread down!

p.s.- not the best way to put in ur first thread...
sukrut23
sukrut23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 pm

No Totti??

Roma don't need Totti 2Q==
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:17 pm

sukrut23 wrote:this thread is complete bullshit...

2 goals against lazio, highest goal scorer,highest assists (i think), what eles do u want from the king of rome...

utter rubbish... pull this dam thread down!

p.s.- not the best way to put in ur first thread...

Calm down. Not even that serious.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by narbeZ Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:05 am

I still think Totti can be effective for another 5 years... He keeps himself in great physical shape, which is why I believe he wasn't injured all of last year.

It will be a sad, sad day for me when he Retires. I hope he gets to win CL before then.
narbeZ
narbeZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:05 am

^probably not 5 years but definitely a few. But I think we would all even keep him until he's 50 no matter what, class doesn't die out.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Why is this even being discussed? Totti going no where, plain and simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:54 pm

Lets put it this way.I still cant imagine Roma without Totti.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum