Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by footyfan01 Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:09 am

Enzo Amore is absolutely amazing, amidst some weird lines, some of his lines are truly amazing & original

Speaking of amazing promos, Adam Cole of ROH has been absolutely amazing

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by S Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:48 am

Casciavit wrote:Miz had that one good segment with Bryan on Talking Smack, apart from that I'm struggling to think of a memorable in-ring promo aside from the one with Ziggler (career on the line promo). The thing Miz has going for him is that he's consistent. He doesn't cut bad promos, but at the same time, he doesn't cut 'amazing' promos often either.

The moment Ambrose won the title he was cutting promos of the week every week up until Ellsworth got involved. I remember his promos being on top of r/sc every week for like two months. Laughing

Ziggler isn't on Ambrose's level and he isn't on Miz's level either. Laughing

Miz is a bit like Jericho tbh. He cuts the funny(half serious) and entertaining promos one that is more in relation with the storyline but that one promo with Bryan stood out because it appeared serious and to see Miz snap like that was kinda cool.

Dean is versatile though. He can drop the pipebomb on you as well as cut funny promos. In that regard, he has the edge over Miz.

Nowadays I think most fans dig promos that appear real so I guess that's why Miz got huge props after that segment with Bryan.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:00 am

Miz has been absolutely promo since the split lol, consistently putting in great promos every single week.

I simply can't agree he's inconsistent, if anything the label can be aimed at Ambrose as other than the promo on Cena I can't remember the last great promo he did and Cena's was arguably better anyway.

I find a lot of Ambrose promos to be ridiculously overrated anyway, only ones that are genuinely great are the one against Cena and the one against Ziggler.

The rest? Nah, he doesn't touch Miz. There's a difference between an a passionate promo and a good promo otherwise Ziggler would be a great promo and he's not really.

But Cascia is an Ambrose mark so it's understandable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:32 am

I never said Miz was inconsistent lol. I said he was consistent. He's good, but he lacks those memorable promos. It could be down to his gimmick, but I honestly never get the feeling of "wow that was an awesome promo", like I have with Bray, Enzo, or Ambrose.

Last edited by Casciavit on Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:36 am

Ambrose has been better promo wise than Miz this year. He was on fire when he was champion but lets not forget his work against Owens and Lesnar at the start of the year. Overall this year. Ambrose is MVP on the mic.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:45 am

Ambrose is in a different league IMO compared to Miz when it comes to promos. Miz is a good promo worker, very consistent & a good heel. But your promos become 100 times better as a heel than as a face. It is VERY VERY hard to get a good face promo. How many of the best promos are as a face?

Ambrose IMO is possibly one of the best mic workers in the last decade with Bray Wyatt. The guy puts memorable promos.

This is Ambrose as Jon Moxley years before he came to WWE -

Moxley (Ambrose) challenges Bryan Danielson promo  - 3rd video here (One of the best promos I have ever seen)

Moxley - I am just a sick guy, go to 0:50
A combination of Ambrose/Moxley compilation

Last edited by footyfan01 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:53 am

Other great promos -

Adam Cole, ROH

Dean Ambrose fantastic promo vs Rollins after winning the title

Kenny Omega, New Japan Pro-wrestling

And who would forget this amazing exchange which could never develop into a feud because Foley couldn't go anymore. Ambrose, FCW charges to Foley in a Mania hotel saying he needs to be held "Accountable" for the lost generation, the 14 year kids who got their lives destroyed trying to copy reckless stuff that he did, Foley was a criminal for destroying people's lives.

(Lots of whispering & slow paced talk so you might miss some part - Great story)

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:49 pm

Well I have to side with Mole here. I think I've enjoyed Miz's segments a lot more than Ambrose's even if I am a fan of the latter. Though I've also missed some promos Dean has cut during this year which I am only watching it now.

I like Dean's promos. I just am not a huge fan of his lunatic fringe gimmick with his hair all messed up and a boring entrance music to go with it. I think he can do better than that imo which would make him look much better than he already is.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Yea I have enjoyed Dean this year more than I have ever enjoyed him but I find Miz a lot more entertaining tbh.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:03 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/MissionVaoDmC/status/811425146502266881/video/1

Some tv show poking fun at Reigns
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:01 pm

On Ambrose i'm honestly more of a fan of his character work than his promo work. The two are completely different things though.

Ambrose as a character has consistently entertained me this year, to use an example of i think Styles character work this year has been utterly fantastic but his promos not so much.

I feel the same way about Ambrose, but obviously Ambrose is better on the mic by a considerable distance.

I'll remember that Smackdown where he kept *bleep* with Shane and eventually came back as the *bleep* Mountie than i will any of his promos tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:47 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2682557-wwe-year-in-review-ranking-the-top-25-best-matches-of-2016

Think they have got pretty much everything in there, not so sure i agree with the order but that's never the case with these things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Reigns Vs AJ Extreme rules is a top 5 match of the year easily IMO

For me Cena Vs AJ was match of the year by far.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:36 am

Nakamura vs Zayn and Owens vs Zayn on Battleground were 5 stars for me. Absolutely incredible matches.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:22 am

The best match was easily Revival vs DIY with nothing even coming close. Both matches were classic, Revival vs American Alpha was also fantastic. The tag team title matches in NXT were perhaps some of the best in WWE history.

After that you have the next tier which has quite a few AJ Styles matches, Zayn vs Nakamura (NXT) was great.

Revival hands down are the best heel tag team in the planet & WWE's MVP this year!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:53 am

I have to agree, nobody gets me emotionally invested in a match like they do. Every single time at least once they get me to think it's over multiple times because their endings are always unique.

I just hope when the eventually go up that they don't get *bleep* by WWE booking like nearly everyone else and get put in pointless filler crap.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Just found this on reddit.

Unreal rofl

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 6 N3Ay9Pdl

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 6 TBCEyR4l

Dat iconic Battle Royal participation rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 pm

Just came across this video :

This is some awesome shit.

Say what you want about Bret having bad mic skills which is the general perception but everytime he cut a promo(not talking in context to this of course) , it appeared like that was his real feelings. I recently watched some promos with Shawn Micheals. Like seriously , that wasn't even acting. That was shooting straight from the mouth.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:55 pm

I started watching in like 95 and Bret being bad on the mic is a myth imo.

It just was nowhere near as good as his in ring ability so it stood out but looking at it in isolation it was never bad imo.

But that's hardly a surprise as he's arguably a top 5 in ring performer. (maybe higher)

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Top 3 alongside Cena and HBK probably

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:40 pm

According to various reports, Lita is training to wrestle one final match and is expected to face Sasha Banks at Wrestlemania 33.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Fapfapfapfapfap

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:20 pm

RealGunner wrote:According to various reports, Lita is training to wrestle one final match and is expected to face Sasha Banks at Wrestlemania 33.

respect to Lita for putting in the work so I get an extra food break
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:37 pm

WM will be like 5 hours minimum btw lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:35 pm

It better *bleep* not be.

Don't care how talented the roster is in-ring there's no way in hell they can maintain interest for 5 hours.

No one from any era can.

Especially with BS like Shaq and Big Show lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next