Ali
dostoevsky
BarrileteCosmico
Backspacer
The Madrid One
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Manchester City Win The EPL? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Manchester City Win The EPL?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:56 am

tsgooner1 wrote:Man city wont without tevez. We NEED another Center back and I fancy us winning this year.

personel isn't ur problem. mentality it is.

you need more English players.....like it or not

Back to top Go down

Will Manchester City Win The EPL? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Manchester City Win The EPL?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:58 am

dostoevsky wrote:Milan's midfield system is built to protect the back four from counter-attacks, the defence needn't be only the back four. Like I said, 0-0 requires far less adjustments than 2-2. In a 38 game league season, that's what counts.
That's winning with no grace though :d
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:58 am

Sepi wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Not with Mancini.

Under-rated IMO.

He came level with second place, and won a cup in his first full season in charge.

nothing wrong with that
?

Yeah, give Ferguson, Wenger or Dalglish unlimited funds and see how they do.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 am

Sepi wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:Man city wont without tevez. We NEED another Center back and I fancy us winning this year.

I havent' seen England play with a winning mentality in 45 years...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:00 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Sepi wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Not with Mancini.

Under-rated IMO.

He came level with second place, and won a cup in his first full season in charge.

nothing wrong with that
?

Yeah, give Ferguson, Wenger or Dalglish unlimited funds and see how they do.

It was his first season in charge man. A lot of new players ,and gelling.

even Mou couldn't win the league in his first season, not to mention they still had inferior squads to Man United and Chelsea man-to-man ..so they had the 3rd best squad in the league, and came third (in GD)...but he broke their loser menality and won them a trophy after 34 years. that's a big achievement IMO, first success is always the hardest.

they only finished 9 pts off the eventual champions. I agree, Mancini's big game tactics especially away from home are questionable, but he is slowly learning to grind out narrow wins against the lesser sides (which counts towards title win)

I believe he gets way too much stick. now their players are settlied in, and gelled. if they don't perform better than last year, then yes, I AGREE with you. he'll deserve the sack. but so far, he hasn't done a bad job

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 am

Man city cant has hard time playing vs Big teams only go for a tie. New manger could change all that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:02 am

Sepi wrote:

Thankfully we have quiet a few coming through the system, lansbury, bartley, wilshire already there along with ramsey I know hes welsh but same thing.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:03 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Sepi wrote:

I think he means like leadership, gritty style never say die english type players like terry. we have 2 already, ramsey and wilshire, lansbury is like that too.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:04 am

Sepi wrote:
Well, all he won in his 2nd season was the FA cup, with an ever better team with some sort of chemistry, with Chelsea and Arsenal going tits up at different times and ManU grinding out results on balls alone... according to Mou-calculus, the 2nd season should be a win. Wink

I know he's not as bad as he's made out to be, but I just don't see that class that other guys have.

We'll confirm his status next season in the CL.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 am

tsgooner1 wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Thankfully we have quiet a few coming through the system, lansbury, bartley, wilshire already there along with ramsey I know hes welsh but same thing.

that's the thing though.

Wilshere has more balls than the rest of your squad combined. That's why I genuinely think signing someone like Barton/Nolan who are real battlers will bring some much needed steel to your squad, even if they aren't exactly top quality. imagine Nolan/Barton getting the playing time Diaby/Denilson gets....not much differencei n quality, but so much more balls and leadership.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:07 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Liverpool of 70s/80s was mostly consisted of English players and won shed loads in club level.
Man United of 90s were mostly English as well and they won a lot, same with Man United of current. their spine is still English and one of the reasons of success.

International football is irrelevant.

That's why a play like John Terry, despite being a twat, is so under-rated here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:07 am

english_jewel wrote:^^Man City will buy Aguero.

meh.

Fantastic player, but he's coming from a pretty soft league, and hasn't faced strong, aggressive defenders on a weekly basis.

Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:09 am

Sepi wrote:
even Mou couldn't win the league in his first season

Yes he did LOL

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:10 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
dostoevsky wrote:Milan's midfield system is built to protect the back four from counter-attacks, the defence needn't be only the back four. Like I said, 0-0 requires far less adjustments than 2-2. In a 38 game league season, that's what counts.
That's winning with no grace though :d

Once you build team chemistry and get the right first eleven, a team that is built to be comfortable off the ball can still play attractive football when it counts. With an unfamiliar line-up however, you need to ensure the important things first and then a stable line-up will always improve with time as they become more familiar with each other and the coach is able to make the necessary adjustments as they grow. I personally don't believe that Mancini is the right coach to fine-tune the team, however he has down what he needed to in the mean time, ensuring results. It's a bit unfair to call it winning without grace in the mean time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:11 am

the_gooner wrote:

meh.

Fantastic player, but he's coming from a pretty soft league, and hasn't faced strong, aggressive defenders on a weekly basis.

this is getting old, silva was underrated, torres was playing in a week league as well, alonso etc... seriously drop that kind of weak arguments now. Football is football, i dont think EPL defenders have experience handling such a short yet strong and skillful player. It's time we drop the "EPL is so good physically" argument, it's crap/ Players get raped as well, and when Suarez pulls out some skillful dribbles and takes out 2 or 3 men, people think he is a god.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 am

Sepi wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:
Sepi wrote:

that's the thing though.

Wilshere has more balls than the rest of your squad combined. That's why I genuinely think signing someone like Barton/Nolan who are real battlers will bring some much needed steel to your squad, even if they aren't exactly top quality. imagine Nolan/Barton getting the playing time Diaby/Denilson gets....not much differencei n quality, but so much more balls and leadership.

oh Ya i agree fully, Im tired of dealing with guys like denilson and diaby getting bullied on the pitch. Though I think Diaby is starting to grow a pair as seen in the newcastle game when he got the red. But even then he doesnt use his head. Anyways, I do feel lansbury being promoted will help. He plays with heart and plays for the badge.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 am

english_jewel wrote:
Sepi wrote:
even Mou couldn't win the league in his first season

Yes he did LOL

meant with Real Madrid, not Chelsea.

plus, when Mou came to England, Fergie was rebuilding and United had their worst side of the decade (finished last in CL group), so he had it easy. Wenger's invincible's were his main competition and we were changing our squad from Houllier's french experiments.

When Fergie finally finished his rebuilding project, Mou dipped.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:15 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
the_gooner wrote:

meh.

this is getting old, silva was underrated, torres was playing in a week league as well, alonso etc... seriously drop that kind of weak arguments now. Football is football, i dont think EPL defenders have experience handling such a short yet strong and skillful player. It's time we drop the "EPL is so good physically" argument, it's crap/ Players get raped as well, and when Suarez pulls out some skillful dribbles and takes out 2 or 3 men, people think he is a god.

This. The physicality of the PL is so over-rated it's ridiculous.

BTW Sepi Man City had a better squad than Man Utd head-to-head last season..

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:20 am

english_jewel wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
the_gooner wrote:

meh.

This. The physicality of the PL is so over-rated it's ridiculous.

BTW Sepi Man City had a better squad than Man Utd head-to-head last season..

no IMO:

VDS > Hart
JOS/Rafael < Richards
Vidic + Rio > Kompany + Toure
Evra (a bad season) > Koralov
Smalling > Lescott
Evans = Boateng, both shit
Fabio =< Zabaleta
Wes Brown Very Happy

Nani > AJ
Carrick <De Jong
Valencia > Milner
Fletcher < Yaya
Anderson < Silva
Park > Barry
Giggs ??
Scholes ??
Gibson Very Happy

Hernandez > Balotelli
Rooney = Tevez
Berbatov > Dzeko

United's squad, far superior IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Loshijosdequien Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 am

The madrid one: I just saw that episode today Very Happy
Loshijosdequien
Loshijosdequien
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:10 am

Loshijosdequien wrote:The madrid one: I just saw that episode today Very Happy

the one in my sig? nice Very Happy

http://www.tvdex.org/shows/the-office/season-2/office-olympics

if u wanna watch more.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:32 am

They really haven't gone into that money pool so if Tevez goes they'll have to adress the front line instead of adressing whats keeping them down, a CAM or midfield maestro howerver you want to call it. They cant keep playing with three defensive midfielders and rely on Toure on creativity.

Their 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 is fine but they need more creativity.

I'll say no they'll be fighting for 3rd/4th/5th with Pool, Arsenal, Hot Spur.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:46 am

They've got the players to win the PL, all they need now is to achieve a level of understanding between the players. That will lead them straight to the top.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vyey Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:54 am

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. They won't.

Vyey
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:19 am

Gotta love the amount of people writing Chelsea off.

We're still a far better side than City despite all the hype. Better Goalkeeper. Better defence. Better set of strikers.

City DO definitely have the better midfield and our wide options are both shocking.

United are still by far the best team in the League though even if they have the worst set of midfielders among the Top 6.

If things stay the way they currently are United will walk the League and one of Arsenal and Chelsea will finish behind them. Thankfully, that won't happen. Wink
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:37 am

Sepi wrote:
no IMO:

VDS > Hart
JOS/Rafael < Richards
Vidic + Rio > Kompany + Toure
Evra (a bad season) > Koralov
Smalling > Lescott
Evans = Boateng, both shit
Fabio =< Zabaleta
Wes Brown Very Happy

Nani > AJ
Carrick <De Jong
Valencia > Milner
Fletcher < Yaya
Anderson < Silva
Park > Barry
Giggs ??
Scholes ??
Gibson Very Happy

Hernandez > Balotelli
Rooney = Tevez
Berbatov > Dzeko

United's squad, far superior IMO

Boeteng is not shit and is better than Smalling let alone Evans.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next