Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first?

+19
Lucifer
ExtremistEnigma
Vlad the Impaler
McAgger
Art Morte
Glory
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Bankz
zigra
Kaladin
Sushi Master
Kick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Winter is Coming
juve_gigi
RealGunner
Socur Toxanarosa
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which one will get fired first?

Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_lcap13%Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_lcap57%Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 17 ]
Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_lcap10%Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_lcap10%Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_lcap3%Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_lcap3%Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 30

Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Empty Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:06 am

The EPL is having something of a golden season as far as coaches are concerned, but with only 4 CL spots available and the weight of expectations on them I can imagine a few of them will be gone by the end of the season. Which one will be out first?

Decided to ignore a few class ones like Bilic or Guidolin because the expectations are not as high on them.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Empty Re: Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first?

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:09 am

Wenger will, but he is not a top manager, nor is Ranieri or Pochettino yet. Between the top managers, Mourinho for sure, he lost it.

edit: I don't think Wenger will necessarily be sacked, but will be first to leave.

Last edited by Socur Toxanarosa on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first? Empty Re: Which of these EPL top managers will lose his job first?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:12 am

Ranieri wins the EPL with Leicester and is not a top manager yet rofl
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:16 am

Can't see any of those managers getting sacked this season. This is supposedly Arsene's last season so he might retire but there is more chances of Norwich winning the league than Arsene getting sacked.

Pochettino might be the first one to go in terms of getting rid.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:16 am

Pogba will get Mourinho fired by end of this year...

:coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:17 am

Tough one, it'll be between Mou or Conte.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:17 am

That's hard tbh lol.

Don't see any of them losing their job this season.

Maybe Ranieri if they drop significantly and the ownership get ideas above their station.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:19 am

IMO Ranieri's job is the safest of all, he is basically the patron saint of City of Leicester now, bigger than the club or the owners

I can see the players turning on Mou, he's already on his way with what he did to Schweini
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:21 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ranieri wins the EPL with Leicester and is not a top manager yet rofl

He is not, you need to be consistently excellent through the years to be considered a "top manager". Actually, he was consistently awful before Leicester.

Last edited by Socur Toxanarosa on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:22 am

I can't see us getting rid of Conte after a single season.

I can't see Pep or Mourinho getting the sack unless they do what Mourinho did with us last season Laughing

I also can't see Klopp or Wenger getting sacked because they are loved by their clubs too much.

So my money will be on Poch.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:22 am

Can't see Man Yoo sacking Mourinho in the first season unless he flops really hard, same goes with Conte at Chelsea.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:27 am

None will this season. Even with lackluster seasons, you cannot put too much expectation on these managers considering most are rebuilding teams, implementing new styles or possess some mediocre players that will be phased out after several years of transfer windows. This is actually a good season for us to take advantage of Laughing. Like that's happening.

Wenger sacked? Laughing Fourth for life, yo.

All these means most PL teams will do just as shit as before, sadly. Maybe Mou can go far with some good bus parking, since he's the king of that, but don't put your hopes too high on the rest. Guardiola's gonna suffer some good old rapin' in the ass.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:29 am

Mou, December 2017
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:33 am

Sushi Master wrote:None will this season. Even with lackluster seasons, you cannot put too much expectation on these managers considering most are rebuilding teams, implementing new styles or possess some mediocre players that will be phased out after several years of transfer windows. This is actually a good season for us to take advantage of Laughing. Like that's happening.

All these means most PL teams will do just as shit as before, sadly. Maybe Mou can go far with some good bus parking, since he's the king of that, but don't put your hopes too high on the rest. Guardiola's gonna suffer some good old rapin' in the ass.

Pretty obvious they have to flop hard to get sacked but it can always happen. Klopp is probably the best shout though considering Liverpool is always a desaster waiting to happen hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:42 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Ranieri wins the EPL with Leicester and is not a top manager yet rofl

He is not, you need to be consistently excellent through the years to be considered a "top manager". Actually, he was consistently awful before Leicester.

Man you have some high standards. I'm not saying he's the best in the world, only that he has accomplished enough to be considered amongst the best right now.

Also he was never consistently awful as you suggest, he was merely consistently 2nd placed. If he were awful he would not have been so close so often.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:47 am

zigra wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:None will this season. Even with lackluster seasons, you cannot put too much expectation on these managers considering most are rebuilding teams, implementing new styles or possess some mediocre players that will be phased out after several years of transfer windows. This is actually a good season for us to take advantage of Laughing. Like that's happening.

Pretty obvious they have to flop hard to get sacked but it can always happen. Klopp is probably the best shout though considering Liverpool is always a desaster waiting to happen hmm

I'm pretty sure most will do decently enough. One or two teams might not hit CL this year due to the whole new manager/philosophy/player factors, but I doubt we'll see some Mourinho-esque Chelsea implosions, on the other hand. Will be a very exciting season, to be sure.

Klopp is probably safer than the rest due to Liverpool understandably not having the same quality as the other teams, and maybe not the same ambition. I think CL qualification will be extremely positive for Klopp. He's the builder manager, not the instant trophy kind of guy. And jeez, did he inherit a lot of crap.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:33 am

There's almost next to nothing chance of any of those managers getting sacked this season tbh.

Ranieri's job seems to be the safest imo. But, If I had to choose 2, I'd go with pochettino and conte and if I had to choose one then it'll be pochettino.

There's zero chance of mou getting sacked this season tbh. Pep's job is as safe as money in the bank, while Wenger is probably going to retire at the end of the season, but getting him sacked? Lol, you'd have a better chance of madrid winning the league tbh Very Happy
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:44 am

None of them will get sacked because none of their clubs are ruthless.

United waited 3 years to get rid of Van Gaal even though he was really bad. In my opinion, Mourinho will get at least three years as well.

Chelsea won't sack Conte because there are no good managers available. They'll have to stick to him until a good one becomes available.

Pep would never be sacked by City. Never, even if he dropped out of the top four and got knocked out in the round of 16 of the CL. If a guy like Pellegrini could last that long over there, I don't see why not Pep wouldn't last at least as long. They're paying him £21m-a  while his predecessor earned £4.2m-a-year. Clearly, they're doing everything they can to keep him happy.

Klopp: he'll never get sacked by Liverpool no matter how bad he does. They know they've landed a good manager, and they also know that they're not planning on winning the league or the CL. They're just happy he signed for them, and they certainly want him to continue as long as he wants.

Pochettino: Even if he did really bad this year, I think the board would keep him for another year because they think he has done enough. They're not aiming to win the league or the CL, and so as long as he finishes in the top four or not that far off, he'll be kept on.

Wenger: the odds of him getting sacked are as big as Mexico's paying for Trump's wall.

Ranieri: he won them the league, and they know for a fact that they won't win it again. He's set for life at Leicester.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:43 am

Pochettino isn't getting sacked any time soon. He is incredibly loved in North London and Levy has continually scrambled to offer him new deals (I think his current has him at least to 2019). He's done very well and brought a young core in, and moulded this Spurs team into HIS team. Levy trusts him and the team loves him as well. Even if he were to finish 6th or 7th I can't see Levy getting rid of him.

Off the pitch he only presents himself well and handles the media well. The fact that Spurs managed to create a bit of a media love last year while Leicester were winning the title says it all about Poch.

IMO, the only person more safe than Wenger is Poch, and potentially Ranieri. The only thing that makes Poch more vulnerable is he hasn't just come into the league, he's been with Tottenham two seasons now as opposed to Klopp, Pep, Mourinho and Conte.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:04 am

Definitely not Mourinho. Moyes survived a whole year and LvG 2 years. So Jose will at the very least complete 1 for sure. The sack watch will come into effect only next season as far as he is concerned.

Of the names mentioned Conte is the closest if he starts slow and doesnt really kick on. Not going to happen tho, but if you take the other names mentioned then he is the least safest imo. Chelsea's tolerance limit is the lowest among all the big clubs in EPL.
Having said that I personally think they are going to win the league this season under him.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:54 am

None of them are likely to get sacked, but I can see both Pep and, sadly, Klopp struggling to deliver.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:36 am

Correction: Poch is currently contracted to 2021...yeah. He's safe.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:47 am

This is a hard one.

I'm quite certain none of them will be sacked this season.

The rest will depend on how teams are doing by next summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:13 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:None of them will get sacked because none of their clubs are ruthless.

United waited 3 years to get rid of Van Gaal even though he was really bad. In my opinion, Mourinho will get at least three years as well.

Chelsea won't sack Conte because there are no good managers available. They'll have to stick to him until a good one becomes available.

Pep would never be sacked by City. Never, even if he dropped out of the top four and got knocked out in the round of 16 of the CL. If a guy like Pellegrini could last that long over there, I don't see why not Pep wouldn't last at least as long. They're paying him £21m-a  while his predecessor earned £4.2m-a-year. Clearly, they're doing everything they can to keep him happy.

Klopp: he'll never get sacked by Liverpool no matter how bad he does. They know they've landed a good manager, and they also know that they're not planning on winning the league or the CL. They're just happy he signed for them, and they certainly want him to continue as long as he wants.

Pochettino: Even if he did really bad this year, I think the board would keep him for another year because they think he has done enough. They're not aiming to win the league or the CL, and so as long as he finishes in the top four or not that far off, he'll be kept on.

Wenger: the odds of him getting sacked are as big as Mexico's paying for Trump's wall.

Ranieri: he won them the league, and they know for a fact that they won't win it again. He's set for life at Leicester.

Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:20 am

Pochettino seems to be the one that is most likely to get axed sooner out of these lot.

Spurs definitely punched above their weight last season with all the other teams being shite. Naturally, he will be expected to lead his team similarly well this season but unfortunately I don't see him delivering accordingly as their squad is bang average and inexperienced with respect to what is expected of them.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next