titosantill
rwo power
Bankz
ahmad25
Art Morte
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Future best center forwards in the game - Page 3 Empty Re: Future best center forwards in the game

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:41 am

Alex Hunter probably

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Future best center forwards in the game - Page 3 Empty Re: Future best center forwards in the game

Post by M99 Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:12 am

Lapudalia.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:24 am

Tsubasa Oozora, prodigious japanese talent. Currently being followed by Barca, he is a genius and was great in the youth world cup. Messi level talent, just 18
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:05 am

Jonathan Calleri
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:45 am

Calleri is a good shout.

Milik can be added to the list too.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:04 am

Borja Mayoral
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:36 am

LeBéninois wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35569526

Name wasn't familiar but obvious is to you.

Yeah I was impressed by him during the last WC. Now hopefully he's legit unlike a lot of '' u-19 '' nigérians or ghanians

I feel your pain but its much too early to write off Iwobi. He could be the next Daniel Amokachi.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:07 am

Curtinho wrote:Don't sleep on Vincent Janssen. He has it all except top end pace. He's already scoring for the NT as well, and just turned 22.

That said the next great CF will probably be Johannes Eggestein. Haven't seen too much of him but what I have seen has been filthy, and he's raved about pretty much everywhere. Talked about as a 'once in a century' talent by some German scouts...he scored 42 goals and 7 assists in 33 games as a 17 year old playing at the u19 level, lol.

Eggestein has extended at Bremen and will be part of the Bundesliga squad next season, I suppose.
So after his remarkable numbers in the youth teams, the next 2-3 years will show whether his talent carries at an actual professional level.
Then, if he shows some good moments at Werder, the (already strong) interest of bigger clubs will become irresistible, and then it will be another deciding moment which big club he hoes to and how he copes with that change.

He's supposed to be an absolute top talent, but frankly, being a top talent at 18 years old means depressingly little when you look at how many of them actually develop into true top players. Just too many steps still to take which are very volatile.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:47 pm

Well obviously any player can fall off in the developmental stages, but if I were to put my money on one of them coming through it's Eggestein. The games I've seen of him he plays with a kind of maturity that you don't generally see from young players (kind of like Ben Woodburn in the Liverpool youth also). He has a very complete game already and his finishing is fantastic.

We'll see. Ben Woodburn is another good shout he's actually pretty similar to Eggestein though less polished.

I don't think Martial will ever be among the very best strikers in the world, but I think he's in a similar tier to Origi.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:54 pm

I don't have a clue. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:01 pm

In kids, look for speed and technique... the rest can be developed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:11 pm

sportsczy wrote:In kids, look for speed and technique... the rest can be developed.

And you get Balotelli
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:12 pm

Curtinho wrote:Well obviously any player can fall off in the developmental stages, but if I were to put my money on one of them coming through it's Eggestein. The games I've seen of him he plays with a kind of maturity that you don't generally see from young players (kind of like Ben Woodburn in the Liverpool youth also). He has a very complete game already and his finishing is fantastic.

My point was merely directed towards the word 'probably'; in my experience as a casual fan (and I have to stress the word casual, as I'm no scout, youth football or any football expert) the probability of 16-17-18 year old top talents becoming top player is so low that I won't get excited, or even interested, really, about kids until they have a couple of great senior seasons under their belt.
Unless the kids play for FC Bayern, obviously.

It's not that I don't want to become Eggestein all that and more, on the contrary Germany really, really is in desperate need of top strikers to come through.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:21 pm

I agree with Hans. You have to see them for 12-18 months where they play regularly in a top league before you get a true feel. At the youth level, the competition is very suspect.

As an example, Thauvin and Cabella looked like the next comings of Messi at youth levels. Well Thauvin looked good at Bastia in Ligue 1 too... but he lost his mind after that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Well what do you know, Werder Bremen just sold their main striker (aside from 37 year old Pizarro :bow: ) Ujah to China, so even though they'll probably get someone else still, Eggestein might just get the chance at quite some decent Bundesliga gametime next season.

Guess we'll know soon enough.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Chemicalboy99, are you Nigerian? You seem well grounded on Nigerian football
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:In kids, look for speed and technique...  the rest can be developed.

Cant agree with that.
Can actually cite an example from United youth team itself.  
James Wilson.
The kid has got lightning pace and terrific technique. Yet he is nowhere near where he should be in a perfect world.
He was banging in goals for fun at the u21 level for us and was also called a better prospect than Rashford by many people who were actually watching both.

The main thing for me is a player's attitude and mentality. Its not techique, its not pace. Yes they should possess really good technique and everything. But thats just one of the lesser things. How a player responds and eventually copes when they are put at the highest level will determine how they will turn out. Its all about the the mind.
Take Rashford's case for eg. He was never our brightest prospect. There  were 1 or 2 above him in the pecking order, like Wilson, Januzaj and Pereira. But then the thing that set him apart from those names where his calm unperturbed demeanor and down to earth nature. He was always willing to learn and stay humble as opposed to lads like Januzaj who sadly thought they had made it already.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:56 pm

Yes, I think that maturity, mentality and work ethic can't be understated. They generally make the difference between a massive talent becoming a great player and just becoming average or flaming out. That's why I think Eggestein looks like he'll succeed and at the very least be a very good player (as well as Woodburn and Janssen).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Curtinho wrote:Yes, I think that maturity, mentality and work ethic can't be understated. They generally make the difference between a massive talent becoming a great player and just becoming average or flaming out. That's why I think Eggestein looks like he'll succeed and at the very least be a very good player (as well as Woodburn and Janssen).

Yes, and then there's a massive amount of chance, getting lucky with opportunities, momentum, things working out in specific moments, developments around you at the clubs you're at, managers and their performances, someone getting injured etc.
It's not always down just to the players and various their kinds of talent.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 pm

Oh please, I made a thread of this before it was cool:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t37898-strikers-slump-in-quality-or-too-high-expectations?highlight=strikers
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:04 am

Calleri from Sao Paulo and Jesus from Palmeiras are good young CFs from South America. Let's see if they will make it big in the coming years
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:40 am

Ganso back from the dead! Shocked Thumbs up

Gabriel Jesus has been playing really well since moving to his proper position and he's only turned 19 a few months ago.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:58 am

Art Morte wrote:Oh please, I made a thread of this before it was cool:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t37898-strikers-slump-in-quality-or-too-high-expectations?highlight=strikers
Topics merged Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:30 pm

BMG just gave this U19 kid from the Fohlenstall (= "Foals' Stable", Gladbach's youth academy) a pro contract
Spoiler:
Let's see how he will develop ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:55 pm

Beto da Silva
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:10 pm

elitedam wrote:Ganso back from the dead! Shocked Thumbs up

Gabriel Jesus has been playing really well since moving to his proper position and he's only turned 19 a few months ago.

Is he a centre forward or a wide one?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next