donttreadonred
iftikhar
Curtinho
Art Morte
Nishankly
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC vs Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund  Empty Liverpool FC vs Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:42 am

http://assets.lfcimages.com/v2/uploads/media/crest/0001/18/thumb_17163_crest_large.png http://assets.lfcimages.com/v2/uploads/media/competition/0001/17/thumb_16900_competition_logo.png http://assets.lfcimages.com/v2/uploads/media/crest/0001/17/thumb_16738_crest_large.png

VENUE: Signal Iduna Park

http://assets.lfcimages.com/v2/uploads/media/default/0001/20/thumb_19039_default_news_size_5.jpeg

TEAM NEWS:

DORTMUND:

Hummels, Sokratis and Gundogan set to be fit for Dortmunds, But Subotic misses out.

LIVERPOOL:

Roberto Firmino is a 50-50 for the match, While Benteke, Lucas, Gomez and Ings all on the treatment table with the latter two finishing the season on the table.

KEY STATS

Borussia Dortmund have won their last 4 matches in the UEFA Europa League.

Liverpool are undefeated in their last 10 matches in the UEFA Europa League.

Liverpool have not lost against Borussia Dortmund in their last 3 meetings. (2 Wins, 1 Draw)

Dortmund are unbeaten in 2016 and have won 15 of their 17 matches in all competitions since January.

LINE UPS EXPECTED:

Really not sure how BVB will line up, They've got amazing depth with Kehl, Kagawa and Castro all could come in.

Dortmund starting lineup: Burki; Piszczek, Sokratis, Hummels, Schmelzer;  Castro, Weigl, Sahin; Reus, Mkhitaryan; Aubameyang

Liverpool:

Mignolet
Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
Milner Can Henderson
Lallana Sturridge Coutinho

How i would like to line it up:

Mignolet
Clyne Lovren Sakho Moreno
Allen Can
Lallana Firmino Coutinho
Sturridge

Allen will almost certainly be replaced by Henderson, Milner might be there for the experience, Firmino not making it will change things. Wouldn't mind giving Origi a start as well.

Expecting a good performance and quite possibly that vital away goal assuming Dortmund don't wash us away which i doubt will happen.

Head says 2-0 Dortmund, Heart 2-1 Dortmund. Razz

YNWA

Last edited by Nishankly on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC vs Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund  Empty Re: Liverpool FC vs Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:46 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/firmino-makes-liverpool-fc-trip-11145962

YES
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC vs Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund  Empty Re: Liverpool FC vs Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:06 pm

I thought we looked pretty evenly matched against Tottenham on the weekend - and Dortmund beat Tottenham easily. Yes, Tottenham rotated the players a bit, but not that much. I am scared Neutral
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Studge and Firmino sit this one out. Media is gonna make stuff about that for sure.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:19 pm

It's a big call to bench Sturridge for this one. But I'm not against it, he's been meh lately. Origi has showed more hunger.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:00 pm

So half time...Origi has been great. Lovren and Sakho have been fantastic (shoutout to Sakho who is having a great bounceback game).

Let's stay hungry and grab another goal!!
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:00 pm

Great half, Perfect away game display.

Sakho and Lovren have been brilliant.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Great result imo.

FT 1-1 Origi gamble paying off.

MOM was Sakho, Lovren second.

More analysis when i get the time.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:05 pm

Our CBs were indeed on top of their game.

Coutinho had a stinker. He can be such a street footballer at times, so little tactical awareness. Fails to get the most out of his skills. Others played more or less all right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:20 pm

cheers
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Nishankly wrote:Great result imo.

FT 1-1 Origi gamble paying off.

MOM was Sakho, Lovren second.

More analysis when i get the time.

Our defense as a whole was immense in the first leg. By and large, we managed to negate Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, and Reus' from open play. Sakho had a dominant, rebound performance after his stinker of a first-half against Tottenham. Lovren also looked solid. I will fully admit that I have a bit of a bias against Lovren. (A bias that is based on previous experience, mind you...) However, he's beginning to win me over as a partner to Sakho. I do have to wonder if his resurgence isn't somewhat linked to Emre Can beginning to flourish in a deeper role. The shielding of the CBs has been head and shoulders better than earlier this season, which has had no small effect on their collective performance.

1-1 away from home is a good result for us: gives us the away goal and allows us to return to Anfield with the upper hand. Even more so than against United, we need to attack the game at Anfield. The good news is that we should have more attacking options for this return leg. Having Firimino available for the full match will be critical. On current form, I'd prefer to see Origi start, with Firmino playing just behind him in the return leg. Give Sturridge the start against Stoke tomorrow.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:21 pm

Reaching the semis tonight would be some tangible evidence that Klopp >>> Rodgers as Liverpool manager.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:Reaching the semis tonight would be some tangible evidence that Klopp >>> Rodgers as Liverpool manager.
It's the old thread
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:59 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Reaching the semis tonight would be some tangible evidence that Klopp >>> Rodgers as Liverpool manager.
It's the old thread

Oh yeah, sorry, should have posted in the new one... oh, right, there isn't one.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Morty is on fire Laughing

GTFI most exciting LFC game in 2 years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Come on lads, very attacking team.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:52 pm

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino, Origi

I would have started Allen instead of Lallana, but it's an exciting team. A big call again to leave Sturridge on the bench. I know Origi is in form, but Sturridge is still the better player and I would have liked to see how up he would've been for this. Here's hoping Origi will justify his selection.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Selection was poor, Cost it.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Congrats guys!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:20 pm

*bleep*
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:37 pm

banana

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Life has pulled me away from you guys, but I had to come back to celebrate with you for this one. I screamed in the middle of my office in celebration, and my whole team came to watch the last 3 minutes with me. Hope everyone is bouncing as much as I am, and I miss you all Smile
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:44 am

Is this greater than Istanbul???

Proud Chaka Molenation :wub: banana :bow:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:28 am

Truly must be one of the greatest games in EL history. Unbelievable. Just unreal. Klopp is amazing. Lovren, Milner, Sakho the heart of this team...I can't even put it into words. Just simply amazing. Liverpool will be kings again you can feel it.

It's worth noting too that Origi has been immense, and Allen coming on changed the complexion of the game a bit. Can we please keep Allen ffs?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:32 am

Wow. Just wow. I don't remember the last time I've been in such disbelief after the final whistle as last night. I was just chuckling in disbelief in my chair. What an absolutely bonkers cup tie that was.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next