Can we Bring Lass back please?

+3
FalcaoPunch
Turok_TTZ
Mr Nick09
7 posters

Go down

Can we Bring Lass back please? Empty Can we Bring Lass back please?

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:13 am

There is something to be said about a player that has figured it all out and playing 100% of his potential. It's quite amazing to see.

As far as a guy who had all the talent in the world, but never quite put it all together, Lass was pretty high on the list. But now he has got it all.

He is hands down the best midfielder in france this season, and while competition in that league isnt much, he has dominated PSG midfield in a way i havent seen all season long. He carries the same performances with his NT and is easily a starter now.

I know how this thread will go. I spent time watching him, he is absolutely fantastic, regardless of his age, unless we unearth the next redondo on the transfer market, if the plan is to continue with a real n5 that gives us defensive solidity first, the not signing would be pretty stupid for me.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Can we Bring Lass back please? Empty Re: Can we Bring Lass back please?

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Are you trolling me nick? Could have sworn you hated this guy.
Lass always had all the skills. Just had mental issues but despite said issues still played at top level.

You observe what i have known for years. And I agree, under this current madrid team lass would be an automatic starter. Can pass the ball long and short, can tackle, hustles opposition like a proper extortionist, and has unlimited stamina.

Personally if it were up ro me I'd try to sign lass and ngolo kante.

Kante reminds me of a young lass. Very impressed with his work. And young too. 25 years old and playing like a younger lass? We best sign him up quick while he still at leicester.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:Are you trolling me nick? Could have sworn you hated this guy.
Lass always had all the skills. Just had mental issues but despite said issues still played at top level.

You observe what i have known for years. And I agree, under this current madrid team lass would be an automatic starter. Can pass the ball long and short, can tackle, hustles opposition like a proper extortionist, and has unlimited stamina.

Personally if it were up ro me I'd try to sign lass and ngolo kante.

Kante reminds me of a young lass. Very impressed with his work. And young too. 25 years old and playing like a younger lass? We best sign him up quick while he still at leicester.

lol I came to ask the same question
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 am

I'm a OM fan as most of you know... good lord has Lass been utterly spectacular. I thought it was Ligue 1... and then he dominates PSG AND kills it on NT.

Forget the name and the preconceptions attached to it... watch this guy play. As putrid (and i mean puke-worthy) season as OM has had, Lass has been worth it to watch by himself.

You guys also know I love midfielders that control the pace of the game... well Lass has spent the whole season controlling the pace of all the OM games with ZERO help.

PLEASE READ THE NEXT PART:::

Before this season, Lass had taken 15 months off from football. That's right, he quit football for 15 months because he was disgusted with how he had evolved and the way he was playing. He trained by himself and went back to basics. He signed with OM very late at the start of the season... and he came back like this. It's really a great story.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:47 am

sportsczy wrote:I'm a OM fan as most of you know... good lord has Lass been utterly spectacular. I thought it was Ligue 1... and then he dominates PSG AND kills it on NT.

Forget the name and the preconceptions attached to it... watch this guy play. As putrid (and i mean puke-worthy) season as OM has had, Lass has been worth it to watch by himself.

You guys also know I love midfielders that control the pace of the game... well Lass has spent the whole season controlling the pace of all the OM games with ZERO help.

PLEASE READ THE NEXT PART:::

Before this season, Lass had taken 15 months off from football. That's right, he quit football for 15 months because he was disgusted with how he had evolved and the way he was playing. He trained by himself and went back to basics. He signed with OM very late at the start of the season... and he came back like this. It's really a great story.

Maybe the time off was what he needed.

Either way despite being 31 Lassana Diarra is still a badass and thanks to his athleticism and unlimited stamina, he wont be slowing down for at least 2-3 years.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:46 am

We're not bringing him back either Turok... just like we're not buying Kante.  They're not "Hollywood"enough for Flo.  

I honestly think that, unless a player is very young or already has a marketable name, we won't buy him unless he has a minimum pricetag regardless of quality.  Neither Lass nor Kante really fit our transfer profile under Flo.

That's why I think it's more likely that we pursue Pogba and/or Verratti.  Those two are players who create more excitement unfortunately.... not that they aren't great.  But you also need types that are willing to do the dirty work and we have none of those.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:52 am

sportsczy wrote:We're not bringing him back either Turok... just like we're not buying Kante.  They're not "Hollywood"enough for Flo.  

I honestly think that, unless a player is very young or already has a marketable name, we won't buy him unless he has a minimum pricetag regardless of quality.  Neither Lass nor Kante really fit our transfer profile under Flo.

That's why I think it's more likely that we pursue Pogba and/or Verratti.  Those two are players who create more excitement unfortunately.... not that they aren't great.  But you also need types that are willing to do the dirty work and we have none of those.
Look in the other thread, im already resigned to us signing some marketing player instead of legit hustlers like lass and kante.

Truly depressing times. Casemiro is alrighr but he isnt as technical as either lass or kante. Yes he has some defensive qualities but he will get exposed against top opposition for being limited in ball control. He has potential to change that but not at the level of lass.

Florentino will keep adding a new coat of paint instead of putting in a bloody engine in the madrid vehicle.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:18 am

tbh i've always rated him higher than scrubdira. always rooted for him to start in clasicos in in mou's first 2 seasons.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:59 pm

Valkyrja wrote:tbh i've always rated him higher than scrubdira. always rooted for him to start in clasicos in in mou's first 2 seasons.

I was definitely not rooting for him to start in those El Clasicos. Back then, he was a red card waiting to happen... even more so than Pepe was Laughing He was a total beast when he did perform well, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:45 pm

Been a Lass fan since day 1 (go through my posts if you don't believe me).. I would welcome him back with open arms :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:17 pm

I fear what would happen if casemiro got injured.

Today he bled for the shirt. James & Isco disgust me with their attitude and lack of work ethic.

Casemiro has proven himself but he is our only defense minded mid. We could certainly use reinforcement to back up or have casemiro on his toes.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum