futbol
McAgger
LeBéninois
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where does England's forward line rank? Empty Where does England's forward line rank?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:56 pm

With Vardy, Rooney and Kane all performing consistently England must have one of the most on form forward lines. We have yet to see how they play together, but on paper at least it's fairly strong. How many countries can boast of a better line? Only Argentina imo is clearly better.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Where does England's forward line rank? Empty Re: Where does England's forward line rank?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:59 pm

All 3 won't play together ( and i personally wouldn't either), also it means little in the grand scheme of things because the midfield is awful.

Also i'm not particularly convinced Vardy is international starter class tbh, what a lot of people don't want to mention is before the Liverpool game he failed to score in like two months.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Where does England's forward line rank? Empty Re: Where does England's forward line rank?

Post by LeBéninois Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:33 am

Vardy is not a starter imo .

Kane has to play, he's just too good and Rooney is Rooney. Let's see how them do together .Their CM are not so great which put them in the same situation as before ( 2012 and 2014 ). I'd eager to see how the others forwards ( Raheem, Ross Barkley, Walcott, Dele ali ... ) are going to play tho.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:00 am

Sturridge is still the best of the lot on pure talent. But I'm glad you didn't include him, he needs to go *bleep* himself.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:27 am

None of them is anything special, honestly.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Only Argentina is better ? You gotta be joking...
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:55 pm

My worry about Kane and Vardy - who I think should absolutely be in the England team - carrying their club form to the Euros is that they're both somewhat dependent on their teams to play well and create chances for them. They rarely score solo goals. When you take them out of their clubs and put them in the England team, they might not click with their teammates the same way.

Rooney at least used to create himself a bit more, but he's past his prime. Sturridge can create a goal all by himself, but I don't think he can be picked with all his injuries.

But if Kane and Vardy click with their England teammates the same way they do with their club mates, they're good enough to win the Euros for England smoking

Although personally I'd take Carroll to the Euros, the continental, non-PL-hardened center-backs could do nothing about him in the air smoking smoking smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Off the top of my head Argentina and Uruguay are definitely better, so are France, Germany and Belgium. Probably a few others
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Brazil's of also better due to Neymar's presence
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Belgium? Nah, there is nothing special about their forwards or team in general to be frank.

Also Germany? They have some great players, but not forwards. Klose was still their best striker up until he retired after the WC lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:12 pm

He's talking about the forward line though so we have to assume the Muller's and Reus's being part of the discussion.

For me they are only 'clearly' better than Italy.Italy's forwardline absolutely sucks right now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Kane, Vardy and Rooney will not play together. At best two will play together in a 4-4-2 or we will get the patented CAM Rooney behind one of Vardy or Kane. They look to have decent depth in the centre forward position but that does make them second best attack in the world. Most teams play 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 with wingers and inside forwards and so counting them you would find a few nations with a better attack than England apart from Argentina.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:14 pm

Ignoring the forward/strikers semantics there is no way in hell Belgium's is better lol.

All they have is Lukaku who has been crap at international level so far.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ignoring the forward/strikers semantics there is no way in hell Belgium's is better lol.

All they have is Lukaku who has been crap at international level so far.

Benteke
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:25 pm

You mean the same Benteke who can't get a game for Liverpool? the same Benteke who really struggled for goals after his first season at Villa?

That Benteke? He'd be lucky to make our bench, in fact i'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't.

Like i said, all they have is Lukaku who has a lot to prove at international level.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Benteke is obviously much better than Vardy.

He's just having a worse season.

Lukaku is better than any English striker bar Sturridge (seeing that Rooney is finished).
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Come of it. Lukaku is the same level as Kane and Benteke is average. Though I'm confident he would make the Newcastle bench.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:33 pm

It's not obvious at all Laughing

Besides Vardy shouldn't be near the team tbh, also Lukaku isn't better than Kane.

People get obsessed with numbers and don't look at the overall picture ( and the numbers are not much different anyway) Kane is a much better player when it comes to linking up and making those around them look better and make it easier for them.

It's the main reason Spurs are doing so well, because they have a striker who can get 20 goals but also can make the whole midfield dangerous because of how well he moves and links up.

For all Lukaku's goals he's not even in Kane's class when it comes to movement and link up play.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:34 pm

M99 wrote:Come of it. Lukaku is the same level as Kane and Benteke is average. Though I'm confident he would make the Newcastle bench.

Doumbia is better IMO hmm

Meant England hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Anyway, I agree insofar as Belgium will not get anywhere at the Euros, if that's what this is about.
Hazard is in shambles and De Bruyne is injured.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Anyway if you want to actually compare England then the actual forward line will probably be Sterling, Roonay and Kane.

It's not amazing but it's quite good IMO and it's not like the rest of Europe are blessed with amazing forwards.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:47 pm

You call Lukaku crap but when's the last time Rooney even performed to a half-decent standard in an NT tournament ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:54 pm

rincon wrote:Off the top of my head Argentina and Uruguay are definitely better, so are France, Germany and Belgium. Probably a few others

How? Which class forwards does Germany have?

Belgium mole already covered
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Muller and Reus dont count as WC forwards ?

I dont understand the point of this thread in that case.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:00 pm

S wrote:You call Lukaku crap but when's the last time Rooney even performed to a half-decent standard in an NT tournament ?

Where did i call Lukaku crap lol?

Also Roonay has performed plenty of times, it's just half decent for him is to expect to be one of the best players in the tournament.

He's had plenty of half decent performances at international level in isolation when you ignore expectations and hype.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next