Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lucifer
The Demon of Carthage
Hapless_Hans
huntsman
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's  Empty Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's

Post by huntsman Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:47 pm

I have been saying this for a couple of seasons and now Ruud is re-iterating what I have said after the spurs game.

Mourinho is not managing Hazard properly and I hope he can fix this mistake sooner than later.

"He worked too hard [against Spurs],' former Chelsea boss Gullit said on the BBC's 'Match of the Day 2'. 'I want him to be sharp in front of goal. He kicks the ball, head's down, head's down, he still has to run forward

"This is a sign of a player like: 'Oh my God. I have to run again.' All players know that, when you put your head down like that.

"He is as important as Ronaldo is for Real Madrid. He is as important as Messi is for Barcelona. Do they chase back as much? No, because they need to save their energy for the right moment.

"He did it to prove a point but to get the best out of him, I don't want him to chase that much. I want him to concentrate on the moments that the team gets the ball.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's  Empty Re: Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:53 pm

Time for a 'Obeseden Munchard: deceived by fish&chips" thread IMO
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's  Empty Re: Hazard must bring his level down to Messi's and Ronaldo's

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:56 pm

In my opinion, Hazard should leave Chelsea. He's being crippled under that stubborn, bitter dictator. Not to mention that he needs a WC squad around him to blossom.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Real Madrid and Barca have men that serve Ronaldo and Messi so they don't have to shed extra sweat same can't be said about Chelsea imo. If Fabregas isn't providing them that then Hazard has to do it for them I don't see other way

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:01 pm

LOL he's just not THAT good, can we stop making excuses for him pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:05 pm

You should tell that to EPL marketing team

They are desperate for poster boys these days
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:10 pm

I never thought he was as good as Ronaldo or Messi. And I don't think he'll ever reach their level. But I think he can be better. He just needs to leave that club and play under a manager who really knows what he's doing.

He's not young anymore. If he doesn't get better now, he's done. He'll just become one of those players who were tipped for greatness when they were teens but later failed to go to the next level and got 'stuck'.

If you ask me, he's already late to the party. He needs his move yesterday.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Mourinho wanted CR to defend but CR could do what he wanted. Hazard has no such power. I would love to see him under Guardiola, Sarri or Tuchels. Heck even Simeone would use him better Laughing

I agree with Ruud but that's what happens when Mourinho doesn't have proactive tactics.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:27 pm

All that is just an excuse for his ineptitude tbh, he's never at any stage of his career come up big for club or country in the biggest moments when it truly mattered.

That isn't Mourinho's fault, it's time people accept that he's just not as good as you think and stop blaming Mourinho for every little thing he does.

Don't remember Ozil, Di Maria or Sneijder getting these excuses under Mourinho, just stop it it's beyond boring now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All that is just an excuse for his ineptitude tbh, he's never at any stage of his career come up big for club or country in the biggest moments when it truly mattered.

That isn't Mourinho's fault, it's time people accept that he's just not as good as you think and stop blaming Mourinho for every little thing he does.

Don't remember Ozil, Di Maria or Sneijder getting these excuses under Mourinho, just stop it it's beyond boring now.

I agree with that. I think because of CR and Messi, everyone including professional footballers feel that they have to score goals to be the best. Hazrad isn't a goal scorer by any stretch of the imagination and his off the ball movement is terrible. I see him more of a similar type of player to Iniesta/Ribery than to Messi in terms of his role. He is a media punte.

I do thing him running up and down the channels is counter productive to his game though. I agree, he is not as good as people make him out to be, but he could be a much better than he is currently if he had a better coach that played to his strengths.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:33 pm

When he left Lille for a bigger club, he shouldn't have chosen Chelsea, but Arsenal. Wenger has many, many, many flaws, but he's really good at developing young talent - and more importantly he would've used Hazard right.

I think Hazard, had he chosen Arsenal, would have had the European heavyweights tearing each other apart for him by now and his market value would be at least double what it is now.

Just a rule of thumb to any young player out there, stay the hell away from Mourinho and Louis Van Gaal.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:36 pm

jibers wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All that is just an excuse for his ineptitude tbh, he's never at any stage of his career come up big for club or country in the biggest moments when it truly mattered.

I agree with that. I think because of CR and Messi, everyone including professional footballers feel that they have to score goals to be the best. Hazrad isn't a goal scorer by any stretch of the imagination and his off the ball movement is terrible. I see him more of a similar type of player to Iniesta/Ribery than to Messi in terms of his role. He is a media punte.

I do thing him running up and down the channels is counter productive to his game though. I agree, he is not as good as people make him out to be, but he could be a much better than he is currently if he had a better coach that played to his strengths.

Is Ozil better for Wenger than he was for Mourinho? plenty of people would have a hard time saying so. It's easy to say a coach would be better suited to him and he would automatically be much better but there's so many different variables.

We just don't know really, i'm holding him to the standard he's shown so far and it's not worth all these excuses and hype.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
jibers wrote:

Is Ozil better for Wenger than he was for Mourinho? plenty of people would have a hard time saying so. It's easy to say a coach would be better suited to him and he would automatically be much better but there's so many different variables.

We just don't know really, i'm holding him to the standard he's shown so far and it's not worth all these excuses and hype.

Ozil is a player that will shine as long as there are runners of the ball. Look at people praising Ozil now. They slated him for months even though he was doing exactly the same things he did. The difference is now he is scoring (which isn't really his game but typical England) and people are burying the chances he is creating. Ozil at Madrid had CR, Pipita, Benzema and Callejon to get on the end of his passes.

They are different players. It depends on the type of player. I just think based on Hazards skillset, he would be better in a team that was more pro active. Ozil is probably the best final ball player and passer in Europe bar Messi. For me he is arguably the best passer in Europe.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Oh it's not about looking back at what Hazard has offered in his game and explaining it. It's about analyzing his capabilities and skillset as a player and projecting it to what he can become if he were played to his strengths.

Everyone understands that he still has a way to go before being compared to big names.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:11 pm

Pffft...comparing ATG big game player Sneijder to these scrubs.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Curtinho wrote:Pffft...comparing ATG big game player Sneijder to these scrubs.

Think you should read my post more carefully tbh, i'm not comparing him to anyone. Just that i hand picked a bunch of attacking players under Mourinho who excelled under him and never really benefited from the excuses Hazard does.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Think you should read my post more carefully tbh, i'm not comparing him to anyone. Just that i hand picked a bunch of attacking players under Mourinho who excelled under him and never really benefited from the excuses Hazard does.

Sneijder played in a better team. Hazard is doing the role of etoo and pandev when he played in 4231. Etoo was running up and down the pitch. Hazard is expected to score, assist and then be a winger? People expect too much of him.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Poor man's Bonaventura
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:56 pm

I was just kidding around because I think the poster before you said that Hazard has never shown up for the big games.

Either way it's true. I like Hazard as a player but he has received way more than the benefit of the doubt in his time at Chelsea. I still think that he would excel in a more offensive system with a different coach, obviously, but he also just isn't as good as some people make him out to be. A great player no doubt, but not one of the top 5-10 in the world I'd say.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Not often I agree wit Mourinho but I do here.

“We have different concepts of number 10, me and him,” said Mourinho when asked about whether Hazard will be given a run in his favoured, central role.
“For me a number 10 does a lot of things, with the ball and without the ball. So for me a number 10 is a very special player in my team.
“With a system of two midfield players and one number 10, I demand a lot from a number 10.
“I like a number 10 to score goals. I like a number 10 to get in the box. I like a number 10 to score goals like Oscar's against Maccabi Tel Aviv.
“A number 10 for me is an eight-and-a-half when the team loses the ball, and the number 10 is a nine-and-a-half when the team has the ball.
“Who is my perfect number 10? Wesley Sneijder and Deco. Because they could defend, get in the box and finish goals? Yes.”
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Strange he says that, he played Ozil as a number 10 who fulfilled a very different role. Surely he could do that with Hazard?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Sneijder could defend?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:07 pm

The Franchise wrote:Not often I agree wit Mourinho but I do here.

“We have different concepts of number 10, me and him,” said Mourinho when asked about whether Hazard will be given a run in his favoured, central role.
“For me a number 10 does a lot of things, with the ball and without the ball. So for me a number 10 is a very special player in my team.
“With a system of two midfield players and one number 10, I demand a lot from a number 10.
“I like a number 10 to score goals. I like a number 10 to get in the box. I like a number 10 to score goals like Oscar's against Maccabi Tel Aviv.
“A number 10 for me is an eight-and-a-half when the team loses the ball, and the number 10 is a nine-and-a-half when the team has the ball.
“Who is my perfect number 10? Wesley Sneijder and Deco. Because they could defend, get in the box and finish goals? Yes.”

If this is to do with Hazard then it makes litle sense as he plays him as an 11...

I agree with him on that as well. He has just described Jari Litmanen.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:25 pm

Cruijf wrote:Strange he says that, he played Ozil as a number 10 who fulfilled a very different role. Surely he could do that with Hazard?

Lol Hazard isn't in Ozil's league when it comes to playmaking. He can't be a 10 like that, it's like asking Ribery to be a 10.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Cruijf wrote:Strange he says that, he played Ozil as a number 10 who fulfilled a very different role. Surely he could do that with Hazard?
he made a bet on Ozil to become that kind of player but that did not happen. So now Mourinho is in a situation where he would rather have players that fit what he is looking for rather than player who dont. It makes sense, Oscar fits what mourinho is looking for, but he doesnt play at a high enough level consistently
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next