Robespierre
farfan
EL Patron
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Hapless_Hans
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bojan, Afellay, Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke Empty Bojan, Afellay, Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Thought this was worth a thread.

Bizarre.

Just bizarre.

Let's keep tabs on Stokecelona and their abounding attacking creativity in this thread.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Bojan, Afellay, Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke Empty Re: Bojan, Afellay, Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 pm

9 goals in 10 games.

DAT ATTACKING CREATIVITY.

I do find it funny that they are at Stoke tbh but at the same time i think all 4 are vastly overrated, except for Afellay who makes Sturridge look like Cristiano Ronaldo when it comes to fitness.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Bojan, Afellay, Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke Empty Re: Bojan, Afellay, Arnautovic and Shaqiri at Stoke

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:09 pm

sure, but enter your time machine and don't kill Hitler, but go to 2010 and tell any random football fan that Stoke sport those 4 in their squad in 2015, and they'll feel like in some alternate history novel where everything is wrong because Hitler won, since you didn't kill him.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:11 pm

This looks like a dream attack in pro evo five years ago Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Unfair stipulation Hans tbh hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 pm

these players never deserved more than a mid table PL team at any point of their careers .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:20 pm

talking about former players of my club :

Shaiqir is easily one of most overhyped player ever . lol
I still remind when he was capable of nothing in 90 minutes, yet I read Inter was idiot to sell him ( simply just Inter fans saw him ) and replacing him with Perisic. . who isn't a top player, but at least he's useful.
Seriously  I still don't have realized what are Shaqiri's real qualities
He's lived on hype for that hat trick against Honduras, just NT teams and WC Cup can give us these frauds

Arnautovic is legit , but he is not more than an Everton
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:28 pm

That's all hindsight though.

Can I remind you how happy you were to sign Shaqiri, Robes?

Shaqiri was an excellent squad player for us in the 12/13 season, there's no doubt about it. He made a number of great performances.

He was 20 then, so to say it was clear he would never be good enough for anything other than a PL mid table club is about as stupid as those people claiming to have rated player xy since forever.
Which is your favourite thing, farfan, right.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:30 pm

And Arnautovic was on his way to become the Austrian Cristiano ffs.
Bojan, Afellay were great talents too.

You're sinning Farfan.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:52 pm

^ Yes, but not just me , the mass to welcome him at Milano airport is story  . we were teased for this.
yet he it was just ... Shaqiri  . he is been surrounded by excessive hype . yes, he was a good supporting player in Bayern , but it's Bayern .He had amazing player around and Bayern is so organized that even the average or good players can result very improved. Now Coman .. he's definitely talented, but he showed nothing of this in Juve. Now in Bayern he looks 10 times better. or do we want to talk about Mario Gomez ? He looked like even better he was really imo.
Then I don't believe it was a case Bayern sold him to Inter for just 15 mln . 15 mln in this market ....
For me  prime Shaqiri was that admired in Basel .
He looked like a future star and infact the best European teams were on him and Bayern won the race to take him. Noone could expect Salah would 've been the best product soon
Then Shaqiri regressed and probably even this his obsession to be a bodybuilder ( PLS .  ) didn't help him.
He lost agility and he become swollen-headed imo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:53 am

Robespierre wrote:

Proud

No but I agree with Hans, it's an unexpected and somewhat interesting bunch of attacking players Stoke have acquired. Sure, pretty much all of them have at least at some point been overhyped, but the better way to look at is, imo, that players like these will pretty much guarantee that Stoke don't get relegated and that's already success, imo. Newcastle, Sunderland and Aston Villa are all arguably bigger clubs than Stoke, but are relegation-threatened. So, Stoke have done a good job getting players like these who actually deliver, even if it's not quite as high quality as their prime hype may have suggested.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:18 am

Shaqiri's physique is not fit for a footballer. It loses him a lot of agility, and doesn't work well fro him.

All these 4 players, with the exception of Arnautovic, are proof that we could never accurately rate young players, as they could fail to develop at all.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:23 am

Art Morte wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

Proud

No but I agree with Hans, it's an unexpected and somewhat interesting bunch of attacking players Stoke have acquired. Sure, pretty much all of them have at least at some point been overhyped, but the better way to look at is, imo, that players like these will pretty much guarantee that Stoke don't get relegated and that's already success, imo. Newcastle, Sunderland and Aston Villa are all arguably bigger clubs than Stoke, but are relegation-threatened. So, Stoke have done a good job getting players like these who actually deliver, even if it's not quite as high quality as their prime hype may have suggested.

What it can also effect is a shift from Pulis-esque wrestling/hoof-ball.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:29 am

Funnily, Arnautovic is miles better than the hyped up Shaqiri, Afellay and Bojan.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:03 am

Yeah, I like Arnautovic, he's got end-product. But Bojan is also doing well, I wouldn't say Arnautovic is necessarily better than him. And we should wait longer before writing Shaqiri off as someone who couldn't cut it even at Stoke.

Afellay is the opposite of Arnautovic, no end-product whatsoever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:14 pm

Afellay isn't fair to compare to the others since he was once a fantastic player and even looked great in some Barcelona games, but his career was completely ruined by injury. He's not the same player he was before.

Shaqiri I always thought was overhyped, but I also feel that any player can probably look good playing as a squad option at Bayern (for the most part). That team is very good and very well coached.

Bojan was looking good last year before getting injured. Still young enough to improve, but he wasn't great at Ajax either so who knows.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Dem Barca wannabes Proud

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:27 pm

So...
#1. Are these players really average (or worse)?
#2. Have they regressed (badly) over last few years??
#3. Can they do better under another (better) manager???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:33 pm

iftikhar wrote:So...
#1. Are these players really average (or worse)?
#2. Have they regressed (badly) over last few years??
#3. Can they do better under another (better) manager???

Saw only bojan and shaqiri playing. Definitely have great potential would improve under gud managers

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Afellay was great at Schalke. If I remember correct he was their best player that season.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:18 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Afellay was great at Schalke. If I remember correct he was their best player that season.

Umm... according to Wiki, he only played 10 Bundesliga games for Schalke. I don't really see how he could've been the player of the season...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Problem with afellay is his hamstrings are basically destroyed. And at his age he really won't bounce back. It sucks how injury can ruin a player but i think he could have handled some of his better and not rushed back into training..

Sucks cause I was a huge fan of his Sad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Oh common now Robes, dont bash Shaquiri cuz Inter made a stupid decision to sell him. He is not world class but after the sale of Kovacic and Hernanes, Shaquiri could have gotten minutes with his versatility. I mean, i prefer Shaquiri in CAM than Brozovic ANY DAY.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:59 pm

Again, Afellay was a beast when he was young and healthy. Injury ruined him. He was very talented and quick.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Arnautovic is the only one improved during the years, he wasn't so good in Werder Bremen , he was definitely more inconsistent. Now he makes always his match , and he can be also effective.
He belongs to this new interesting Austrian generation that dominated its group
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next