Art Morte
RealGunner
McLewis
31 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Walking Dead III - Page 5 Empty Re: The Walking Dead III

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:52 am

McLewis wrote:All in all, killing such a big character off in such a cheap way just doesn't really fit with me.

What's cheap about it? Getting surrounded and killed by zombies in a world full of them? Just normal. There have been very few "fancy" or heroic deaths in this show anyway.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 am

MJ wrote:AND HE SAID 'DUMBASS' TO RICK OMG RIP WTF.
lol I was unsure whether I actually heard that right. Was confused and slightly tilted my head to the side, it felt out of place.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:43 pm

Really curious as to what those pics of Glenn on set from way before mean. Looks like they're introducing Paul "Jesus" Monroe this season and Glenn would obviously have to be alive for them to be filming with someone who isn't around yet.

These pics came out last month btw:

http://www.etonline.com/news/171976_exclusive_has_the_walking_dead_cast_paul_jesus_monroe_see_first_look_photos_from_set/
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:46 pm

El Gunner wrote:
MJ wrote:AND HE SAID 'DUMBASS' TO RICK OMG RIP WTF.
lol I was unsure whether I actually heard that right. Was confused and slightly tilted my head to the side, it felt out of place.
It's what he called Rick when he first met him

There is simply no way that he's dead. Early quote from Michonne that day: "Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you don't know if yours or your friend's?"
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Yea that dumbass thing was the reference to season 1. That's why that scene felt so heavy Sad

I love how Rick didn't react at all. Either he didn't listen, or just ignored?

Glen is 100% alive tbh. I don't consider him dead. Nope.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:53 pm

It wouldn't be realistic, and as a result, it would greatly damage the show's credibility.

He's laying on the ground between a dumpster that hasn't enough space to crawl under, and a horde of walkers feasting on what appears to be Nicholas' body, which is a few inches atop. Even if it wasn't his body, it would be just a matter of seconds before they dig their teeth in him.

And it's the beauty of this show. Nobody is safe. Maybe, just maybe Rick (though I'm convinced he'll one day meet his demise). But the rest have a razor blade constantly flirting with their necks waiting for the writers' nibs to slit their throats.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:55 pm

I guess we'll find out. Heard the next episode is largely about Morgan.

Btw, Rick hurting his hand again. Seems like it's quite bad too. Wonder if he is going to lose his hand like he did in the comics (governor chopped it off which they didn't go with in the show)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Art Morte wrote:
McLewis wrote:All in all, killing such a big character off in such a cheap way just doesn't really fit with me.

What's cheap about it? Getting surrounded and killed by zombies in a world full of them? Just normal. There have been very few "fancy" or heroic deaths in this show anyway.

It's cheap considering how important his character has been to the show. The guy's a season 1 original and should've died like 7 times over ffs Laughing....if you're gonna kill him off, do it the right way and give him a much deserved send off and closure like they've done for characters like Lori, Andrea, Herschel, Beth and Bob (yes, even he got a much better sending off than Glen allegedly did). Glen barely had meaningful dialogue and nowhere near enough screentime before he bought the farm (allegedly). If he is truly dead, that's gotta be one of the worst send offs you can do for such a fan favorite of a character.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Losing your hand because of a scrub pocket knife :facepalm:
Governor might as well had chopped him up.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:11 pm

Remember he already had broken his hand before and it took months to heal. Recurrence is most likely going to be the factor if at all (hope he doesn't)

Also agreed with Mclewis. Glen has always been shown as THE master of escaping tough situations. Won't be surprised if he somehow figures something out. Even if it's the worst plot hole of all time. Can't have him gone :coffee:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Can't wait to hear Art's, Firenze's, Carthage's, MJ's rages when Glenn turns up well and alive next episode.
But can we all agree it's just a really shitty situation. Poor writing imo, that was so needless if Glenn ends up being alive because I also think he will end up alive.
And that's mainly why I wasn't that crazy over the episode, because I think a few things was cheaply written. Need to settle down the pace, and group groups together again now.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:57 pm

Can't lie, seeing him as a walker would be super epic/tragic and would make me cry/cry.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:05 pm

I quit watching True Detective S2 when Velcoro had a fake death scene and Glenn surviving tops even that. I think that'll be the last straw for me aswell. It's disappointing because this season had such a great start (as usual) and it appears to continue the trend of going to shit after 3 episodes. Apparently E4 will be 60 minutes of Morgan lmfao, I'd rather stick my nose up someone's ass than watch that shit.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:17 pm

MJ wrote:Can't lie, seeing him as a walker would be super epic/tragic and would make me cry/cry.

Think how would maggie react to that sight - a literally gutless Glenn walking (or perhaps crawling) towards her while hissing and gurgling. oh boy...
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:34 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:I quit watching True Detective S2 when Velcoro had a fake death scene and Glenn surviving tops even that. I think that'll be the last straw for me aswell. It's disappointing because this season had such a great start (as usual) and it appears to continue the trend of going to shit after 3 episodes. Apparently E4 will be 60 minutes of Morgan lmfao, I'd rather stick my nose up someone's ass than watch that shit.

Why? The Morgan episodes are awesome. The pilot and clear are both in the walking dead top 5.

This season has so far been excellent, I can't see them revealing that Glenn was left alive in any way that does not feel cheap but I'm willing to forgive it if the quality keeps being so high.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:52 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
MJ wrote:Can't lie, seeing him as a walker would be super epic/tragic and would make me cry/cry.

Think how would maggie react to that sight - a literally gutless Glenn walking (or perhaps crawling) towards her while hissing and gurgling. oh boy...

Beautiful Proud
But at the same time dem feels Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:09 am

I just don't see why they would have made his death seem so ambiguous (Nicholas falling on top of him, dumpster nearby, the elevation of the zombies' feast suggesting Nicky being on top of him, Talking Dead stuff) if they wanted us to be certain he was dead. This is intentional and I feel like I'm going to be disappointed if they gave me false hope and he's dead and disappointed if they give him some cheap lifeline.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:40 am

It would be the cheapest piece of writing I've seen on television if Glenn is alive. To show a certain-death situation only for the character to emerge alive from it for super dramatic purposes... Ugh. And I just don't get how a single human body would be enough to completely shield you from walker bites when you're surrounded by dozens of them. If it was one or two walkers eating Nicholas while Glenn was lying quiet and still underneath him, that I could accept, but not this.

RealGunner wrote:
Btw, Rick hurting his hand again. Seems like it's quite bad too. Wonder if he is going to lose his hand like he did in the comics (governor chopped it off which they didn't go with in the show)

I thought about it, too, mainly because they were making such a big deal out of it, making it obvious several times that his hand was hurting.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:I quit watching True Detective S2 when Velcoro had a fake death scene and Glenn surviving tops even that. I think that'll be the last straw for me aswell. It's disappointing because this season had such a great start (as usual) and it appears to continue the trend of going to shit after 3 episodes. Apparently E4 will be 60 minutes of Morgan lmfao, I'd rather stick my nose up someone's ass than watch that shit.

Why? The Morgan episodes are awesome. The pilot and clear are both in the walking dead top 5.

The earlier Morgan was cool, but this Morgan is fast getting annoying and a bit difficult to take seriously with his "all life is precious" philosophy that is so out of touch with reality.

But if the next episode is about Morgan, I wonder what it's going to be... Is he going to start confronting Rick's people? hmm
It's pretty obvious that's where it's leading to.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:34 am

Lennie James is a great actor so I guess he can carry an episode. But Yea, I hope it isn't going to be about 'life is precious'

Hope we meet the cheese maker instead.

Btw if the episode is Morgan-centric, then that means he is going to die isn't it? Laughing

@urban

pls, you'll still be watching with us.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:26 am

I read a synopsis and it says they're going to introduce a new character next episode hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:17 am

El Gunner wrote:I read a synopsis and it says they're going to introduce a new character next episode hmm

Goes back to introducing Paul 'Jesus' Monroe and why his doppelganger was on set with Abraham, Rick and Glenn hmm

I liked Morgan but his self-righteousness is difficult to bear. The show makes it pretty clear that him letting the Wolves go bore negative consequences (they tried to kill Rick). So the 'trust no one' philosophy outweighs the 'all life is precious' one. Especially since it apparently got Glenn killed.

An entire episode centered around him? What could go wrong. Throw Gabriel in there too and, yolo, why not some more teenage soap opera bs that we well and truly care about.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:25 pm

I've been told Jesus is a great character

let's see
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:43 pm

I'll just leave this here

hmm
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:47 pm

Nah, I don't buy that. Hallucination seems worse than him escaping alive.

I was actually thinking that Rick might drive his RV down the alley but it's far too long a journey

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Hallucination Laughing

Might as well eventually finish the whole show by Rick waking up in hospital and it was all a dream.

Glenn better be dead.

Dead.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:54 pm

Dem feels

https://33.media.tumblr.com/2bc9ed36c74613c97c9622841318d110/tumblr_nwt3fcq9BG1tdkth1o1_r1_500.gif

https://33.media.tumblr.com/c986c3488018b738d28a61c93e0cafc5/tumblr_nwt3fcq9BG1tdkth1o2_r1_500.gif

He better be alive ffs Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next