EL Patron
VendettaRed07
Jay29
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tottenham vs Arsenal [COC 3rd Round] - Page 4 Empty Re: Tottenham vs Arsenal [COC 3rd Round]

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:12 pm

Not a bad draw.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tottenham vs Arsenal [COC 3rd Round] - Page 4 Empty Re: Tottenham vs Arsenal [COC 3rd Round]

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:23 pm

Sina wrote:Get In  Thumbs up
spuds totally bantered off HAHAHA WEll done  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

btw
this sums up chambo at the moment  albino
https://cdn.streamable.com/video/webm/3go7.webm

He was great though, been saying for years to play him on the left side more often... I don't think he has ever had a bad game in that position (inb4 Newcastle).

Since Alexis needs a change I wouldn't mind going with Chamberlain-Özil-Alexis against Leicester. When Alexis plays right he moves off the ball and runs in behind a lot more which would suit Mesut aswell.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:26 pm

I wanted to give Debuchy the benefit of the doubt as he was injured for a long time but tonight he was a liability. He looked like a right sided Andre Santos out there. Campbell didn't give him a lot of cover but then most of the time Debuchy wasn't even at right back to be covered for.

It wasn't a great game from either side. Spurs targeted our obvious weakness and we rode our luck a little bit, especially when Gibbs made that goalline clearance while we were hardly free-flowing and cohesive going forward given the number of changes we made. Ramsey and Giroud struggled to get involved for large parts of the game.

After we went ahead (Flamini wtf) we should have killed the game. Alexis had a great chance, but did his usual cut-inside-and-scuff-my-shot thing and Giroud and Walcott missed good chances.

Flamini was man of the match, obviously. Ospina, Chambers (despite his OG), Mert and Gibbs were solid. Ox looked okay but lacked end product. Campbell worked hard.

Honestly I'd be starting Flamini against Leicester on Saturday in Coquelin's absence.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Good result although the performance wasn't that good. Expected a bit more from the fringe players but we saw what we already knew. Giroud is obviously lacking in confidence and struggling pretty badly, struggled against Wimmer and Fazio ffs. Arteta is pretty much done, doesn't have the legs to plugin the gaps any more and struggles to win any 50 - 50's. Ox delights you with a few dribbles, quick burst of pace then frustrates you with the amount of times he turns over possession.

Gibbs and Debuchy will probably spend the majority of the season on the bench. Chambers played well despite the own goal, impressed with how he has responded since that difficult Liverpool game. Flamini has probably achieved cult status with that double. Good win ahead of a tough game against Leicester, give us a bit of confidence and something to build on.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:21 pm

I'm thinking this team for Leicester:

Cech; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Flamini, Ramsey; Alexis, Ozil, Chamberlain; Walcott

Though I've a feeling Mertesacker and Arteta will start. Can't imagine we'd leave out the captain and vice-captain.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:23 pm

getdarker wrote:Will the  full match be online anywhere later
1stHalf- http://cloudyvideos.com/embed-pafq7nyjhnpa.html
2ndHalf- http://cloudyvideos.com/embed-2y4wp0wp5j4e.html
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Unbeaten Leicester hmm

Good team that, though. Alexis looked a bit better tonight when he came on.

Btw I didn't think our performance was bad tonight. Maybe it was because Spurs were really bad but I thought we limited them to quite few attacks and we could have scored 2 more.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:47 pm

Decent performance.
Joel needs to be sold.
Worried for Debuchy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:51 pm

Joel worked quite hard tbf. He just needs confidence.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Working hard is cool and well, but I don't think he is Arsenal quality. Hopefully Gnabry will fulfil his potential and take this spot in our team.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:04 am

Yeah Campbell had regressed since his loan spell. Just doesn't seem to click
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:37 am

A Flamini game winning brace with a shot outside the box like that finishing the game late is more humiliating than any inflated score line like 6-0 or 7-0 would have been.

I am happy
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:58 am

RealGunner wrote:

Great goals today. Hopefully he can be useful when needed all season. I still want him out , he left us when he was in his prime ( and he left for free ) for almighty AC Milan. Now he's acting like he's ready to die for the club Laughing Laughing
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:14 am

Now I know why Wengers didn't sign striker or DM, Planmini is like two new signings.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:06 am

Some more reflection from me:

* Arteta : it was pretty obvious that he doesn't have the legs for it, even though I admire him as a person and is a very good captain. With the pace at which the game is being played by our opponents, he can't be a 1/2 choice DM.

* Flamini : Good performance, good goals, like the commitment. When he left as Flamoney, it felt bad - sure. But his exit was FAR from the BS the likes of Nasri, RvP and Fabregas but us through. At least till January, with the right deep midfield partner, he should hold his own as a back-up DM.

* Oxlade : Not doing enough to grab his chances. Showing to be a good back-up player at best. Needs to score away at some point.

* Giroud : Shadow of the player who AW seemed to trust. Not one bit happy with him in the last couple of weeks. Needs to rediscover his positive spirit from the last couple of seasons and quit the moaning.

* Chambers : Impressed, despite the unfortunate OG. Who needs Stones when we have Chambers Wink

* Ospina : Not convinced. Seems to have these hare-brained moments rushing out. Or am I the only one who's imagining/seeing this?

* Gibbs : Solid performance, I'd say.

* Campbell : Not doing enough - was a golden chance for proving himself. Letting down those who seem to think he was being ill-treated and looked over by Arsene.

* Jack / Gnabry - think they should go into the list of youngsters who were ruined by injuries while playing for us. I am devastated by how much this list is growing.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:48 am

I don't remember Ospina actually rushing out his goal.

Gnabry played for West Brom last night when they lost 3-0 to Norwich. Something about that loan suggests it's not going to be a happy one for him.

Watching the second half back, Ramsey made so many chances for our forwards. Maybe he should focus more on creating than scoring all the time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:49 am

Agree about Gnabry's situation. Fro what I've seen so far it doesn't look like: A) the right team for him to learn something from, and B) he is being considered as a first team player for WBA

Also noticed the great through balls by Ramsey. But I don't think he will focus on that when Ozil is in the team. It's a case of knowing the creating aspect of the game relies on him when Ozil/Cazorla are not playing.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:14 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I don't remember Ospina actually rushing out his goal.

Maybe it was only me, i.e. I imagined it. I'll keep an eye out if I notice it again hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Think that was in his previous game against Zagreb, when he came out about 15 yards from his box and won a tackle which the ref could've easily blown for and then he went on to beat a opposing player and clear the ball Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Ospina only had one bad moment when he couldn't completely caught the ball from corner, he still got the ball in the end though. The save before Kane's disallowed goal was world class.

As for Gnabry, who knows, maybe things will turn out like Le Coq.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:53 pm

srigooner wrote:
Ospina is doing a poor-mans-Lehmann impression with those hair brained lurch outs the last two times I have seen him

Pretty sure I saw something when I posted that hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Giroud still lacking confidence and not giving Wenger much choice for the weekend. Giroud is offering us almost nothing, his holdup play is gone too. Flamini did what other players couldn't, took his chances well. Flamini should be our backup since Arteta is done, and like RG said I still dont want him at Arsenal.

Debuchy had a terrible game, I know he hasn't played much but we should bring back Carl Jenkinson in January.

As of now, Joel and Debuchy should be on list of players showing the exit sign. I feel bad for Joel I believe his career is taking a hit due to Arsenal.

I loved the win and Flamani celebration, what a guy. Heart
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:50 pm

Ramsey is a complete midfielder.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Ramsey is a complete midfielder.

Tottenham vs Arsenal [COC 3rd Round] - Page 4 51035052
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:01 am

Watched the game. Didn't think either team was actually that great. Tottenham were decent, you guys were alright. I think the game was fairly even, can't really be too upset being beat by a Flamini wonder strike, and both teams were significantly weakened anyway.

Shame that Kane effort didn't go in. Tremendous effort and would have done good things for his confidence.

Not upset with Tottenham's performance. Wimmer was meh, Fazio was worse. Tripper was ok. Rose was actually probably Spurs best player Laughing really happy to see Eriksen back and Chadli looked decent. Kane continues to be an invaluable asset up front even when he's not scoring. I hope Dier keeps getting chances in the midfield, I do like him there. Needs to improve his passing and vision though, and I would like to see him get a bit quicker.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:18 am

CBarca wrote:... being beat by a Flamini wonder strike...

Still can't get over his ffs.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next