Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

+19
VendettaRed07
Sri
Sina
Twoism
REWB
EL Patron
Raptorgunner
Rev
T-Mach
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Helmer
RealGunner
Art Morte
El Gunner
Jay29
urbaNRoots
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) Empty Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:02 pm

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) Cq5dam.thumbnail.200.200 vs Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) Cq5dam.thumbnail.200.200

Monday 24 August 2015 | Emirates Stadium | Kick-off 21:00

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) Ozilliv_3256423b
"Say my name"

Team news:
Liverpool: Flanagan, Allen and Sturridge are out with injuries, while Henderson is in doubt having picked up a foot injury against Bournemouth.

Arsenal: Rosicky, Wilshere and Welbeck are not available for selection while Flamini is suffering from a "I refused to leave so I'm getting benched" kind of injury.

Different sort of problems

Despite recent criticism received by Liverpool supporters for dropping fan favourite Sakho for Dejan Lovren in the centre back position and other players, Markovic and Moreno among others, Brendan Rodgers have started the season well by winning their two gamed against Bourneouth and Stoke City.

Liverpool fans and admirers are discussing whether this new 4231 formation with Henderson/Milner in the pivot is getting the best out of the team potentially. However news of Henderson's potential lack of availability means that Emre Can might play there in his place. This of course good news for Arsenal who will not be facing a quick and hard working player as opposed to the slow and beatable Can/Milner midfield pair. Arsenal would probably be wise to attack Liverpool's left side (Lovren/Gomez) with Oxlade-Chamberlain running at them.

Arsenal on the other hand will have other problems. Christian Benteke started his Liverpool career with a fine performance last week and his height/strength helped a great deal against newly promoted side Bournemouth. He will hope to relive that performance against Arsenal's short backline. With Skrtel/Lovren coming for corners, Arsenal would be wise to be targeted with crosses at the far post with Monreal/Bellerin very weak in the air. Coquelin should also have a big game against Liverpool main man, Philipe Coutinho.

It's a big game where both teams are trying to prove to themselves and to their fans who are in doubt that they are ready for the season. If not... then BUY ALL THE PLAYERS!

A view from the other side:

Michel wrote:We have to play much better to take something from this game.It will be a huge test for our new defence.

Peabee wrote:I can't see Arsenal losing their first two home games.  A point would be a great result, but my prediction is 2-1 to Arsenal.    Obviously, I'm hoping we do inflict another home defeat on them.

Dree wrote:Lovren and Gomez will be targeted for sure. I'd definitely go for Lucas in this game but can't see that happening which is a shame.

Benteke will be the main difference from last seasons battering, if we just clear the ball to him it might stick this time, we were dreadful trying to play the ball out which will only be exacerbated by Lovren and Gomez being out of position. I think Firmino should start ahead of Lallana, we need more of a threat than Benteke to push Arsenal back. Lallana doesn't seem to be capable of that.

Adam_LFC wrote:I'll admit I am a pessimist. I will be happy if we avoid a defeat here.

On the contrary though Arsenal have looked vulnerable. Maybe we can do another Stoke on them. Dull the game down and nick a win

Melbred wrote:Going off of Rodgers record against the top teams, and our record against Arsenal in general - a draw would be a good result.

88_Red wrote:Smash and Grab please.. *bleep* the performance.. Don't care how.. Just *bleep* win..

Source: http://www.redandwhitekop.com
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) Empty Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Good work here Urban. I especially like the collected views from the oppositions fans. Thumbs up

We couldn't even exploit 16 year old Reece Oxford-Cambridge-Anglia Ruskin, so I'm not very confident we could do anything against Lovren and Gomez.

I do think, though, we can get some joy in behind their midfield in the absence of a sitting midfielder in this team. Ramsey coming in off the right to combine with Ozil and Alexis should pose them a problem. The aim should be to encourage Lovren to step up from his defensive line then exploit that space. Bellerin could also play a big part against Gomez if his positioning is too narrow.

Unlike in previous games, we don't have to worry so much about pace and movement in behind our defence as Sturridge and Sterling won't be playing. Benteke, though, offers us a different problem. I wonder if we'll try to play high and push him away from goal.

What I really want to see is us replicate the off-ball intensity we had in this fixture last season. We played a high line and won the ball back high up the pitch and it gave Liverpool some real problems. It'd really test Milner's and Can's/Henderson's ability to play around pressure.

My guess is that we'll play the same team as last week. This could be a game for Walcott but as Giroud scored last time out he'll most certainly start. I hope Wenger doesn't think he needs Ramsey's energy in the middle and keeps Cazorla there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) Empty Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread)

Post by El Gunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Midfield battle will be important, and we got the better players there so we should win if we play with a high intensity
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:55 pm

Sad to hear you lost Sam.

In true GL spirit, if ever the dire need arises, I can try and make a match thread for my fellow Premfaces Molenation

Please see below for a work demonstration, thank you.

Spoiler:

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Fantastic preview Urban.

I can understand why Liverpool fans are so nervous playing us. Their record isn't that good against us at the Emirates and they might be missing Henderson.

But they really don't understand Arsenal Laughing We are dreading ourselves going into the game because we don't know which Arsenal will show up.

Liverpool have won both of their matches so far and despite not palying to their best, they have shown really good defensive maturity and ability. Last season, Moreno was a liability for them against us and Joe Gomez instead have been nothing but solid. So they have improved in that regard. I don't really know if we can exploit anyone. Arsenal are never strong early in the season. It's probably the best time to face us because any team with intensity and right tactics can beat us when we are adjusting to the new tactics ourselves. And it's not Arsene-like to go after a certain player's weakness either.

We'll most likely see the same team as the one against Palace.

Wonder if it's better to play Theo? Not seen Liverpool play a high line so maybe it's not worth risking changing anything. Can always bring on Walcott later on anyways.

In terms of quality we should really comfortably beat them. But it won't matter if we don't show up which is a 60% chance at this stage.

3 points are essential to keep up with Leicester/City/Pool. Need to be within 5-6 points of the top 2 if not better.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:21 pm

Clearly the way to beat Liverpool is exploiting the space in the midfield. Liverpools midfield looks disjointed at the moment.

On one hand, Coutinho will probably school Koquelin but on other hand he will also leave gaps because their midfield duo wont be enough to take it. I can see Koqulin going rush into challenges if he gets frustrated.

Benteke will have a great day with Koscielny and Mertasacker as Per. The problem will be for both teams at both ends so I expect a draw most likely. Nevertheless we can always hope for some miracle.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Helmer wrote:Clearly the way to beat Liverpool is exploiting the space in the midfield. Liverpools midfield looks disjointed at the moment.

On one hand, Coutinho will probably school Koquelin but on other hand he will also leave gaps because their midfield duo wont be enough to take it. I can see Koqulin going rush into challenges if he gets frustrated.

Benteke will have a great day with Koscielny and Mertasacker as Per. The problem will be for both teams at both ends so I expect a draw most likely. Nevertheless we can always hope for some miracle.

Was going to send your ass back to lfc section, but that was nicely done.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 pm

coulndt resist it eco smile

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Thoughts on starting Arteta instead of Coquelin?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thoughts on starting Arteta instead of Coquelin?

Doubt Helmer has an opinion on that tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Your midfield will outplay our midfield, Playing a 3 man would help us get a point but it looks bleak for us with BR's arrogance.

Hope for a clean game, Best of luck.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:46 pm

Of course, I have an opinion on that also but I am little worried about RG's wrath.

Koquelin is always a better option to start and there is no doubt that Arsenals midfield is going to dominate Liverpools midfield. Little lay offs from Benteke need to be cleaned up and Arsenal also needs to stop Coutinho so Koquelins energy will be useful. Coutinho is the only player who looks capable at the moment of getting something for Liverpool. Benteke needs service and Coutinho is the only player who is going to provide that, specially if Milner plays deep in midfiled duo with Can or Henderson and most likely Firminho wont start.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:48 pm

Arteta is ex-Everton, so he knows how to bend over for us, great if he starts.[/thoughts]
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Easiest game of the season. You'll blow them apart.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:43 pm

If we turn up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:46 pm

Arsenal vs Liverpool 2015/16 PL (Preview/Live Thread) Tumblr_lyqf3aCdvp1ql4h20o1_500
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:If we turn up

you mean because it's on a Monday and you're afraid they'll forget?
Pretty sure there's people who have calendars, task planners etc at your club.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:35 pm

Meh it can't be worst than last season. So it's already an improvement Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:25 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Good work here Urban. I especially like the collected views from the oppositions fans. Thumbs up

We couldn't even exploit 16 year old Reece Oxford-Cambridge-Anglia Ruskin, so I'm not very confident we could do anything against Lovren and Gomez.

Even Stoke for their lack of tactical nous were trying to exploit Gomez and so should we.

As for the Recce Oxford case,I guess we should first try to exploit the tactics and then the personnel.We should try to stretch the diamond with the wingers and then tried to exploit Oxford.We did neither sadly.

On the other hand,we do try to exploit tactics/personnel when we include it in our preparation.Last year against Liverpool,we exploited their defense and their lack of playing the ball from the back and the year before,we exploited their 3 at the back too.If those are examples from tactics exploitation,I remember Arsenal exploiting Boyata vs. ManC to win 3-0,a few seasons back.

We're capable of doing that.I hope AW sees the opportunity to exploit and prepares the players accordingly.
#COYG
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:46 pm

The last time I wrote in a pre-match thread was before the West Ham game and I remember perfectly what I wrote that day: "walk in the park" Laughing

So prepare lads, It's gonna be a...wait for it....walk in the park Laughing
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:22 pm

What a Preview. :bow:

I know its off topic, but how did WHU beat us? eco smile

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:36 pm

We need a perfect midfield to control Liverpool, we must win this game a point is a failure. City are running away with the league we must fight for second place. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Confidence should be high after our last win away from home. I want us to start the game with the right attitude and the right approach, if we play at a high tempo with plenty of pace and agression then they will struggled to live with us. Need a big performance from Cazorla, Ozil, Sanchez, Ramsey. We also need to take our chances when we are on top, need a repeat of last years clinical performance when we beat them not what we showed against Palace.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Any chance of Theo starting tomorrow game or Wenger will keep same line up until a player gets injured?hmm

A positive response needed at home, cant have another shocker.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:17 pm

I don't think so, if Giroud didn't get dropped against Crystal Palace he won't get dropped against Liverpool and he shouldn't.

I'm hoping Wenger doesn't change anything from the Crystal Palace squad. I would understand if he preferes Oxlade-Chamberlain on the right but not at the expense of Özil playing left.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next