tareks
Tomwin Lannister
Luca
77 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

-| Former Players  Thread| -  - Page 38 Empty Re: -| Former Players Thread| -

Post by S Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:30 pm

salmano9 wrote:3 WC players for 80m? No way that could happen. A maximum of 2 WC players with 80m

If we're really lucky that is.The league season is about to start and teams would hardly be interested in losing their prized assets late in the window if not for a crazy-ass offer.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Yep! That's true.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:02 pm

The last couple of pages have been a joy to read, really nice and mature exchange of opinions. Reminds me of the old.

Keep it up lads Proud

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Like I said before this is probably the right time to sell Vidal,we only have to wait for the right price.
40-50 mln + Chicharito and Nani can't be refused.
Apparently Vidal would like to go to Man.U we don't have to keep a player who isn't that motivated anymore.
I'm also worried about his injury.

If a offer like that comes we get two good players plus 40-50 mln to spend.
Nani is one of the best wingers when he is on form and Chicharito always scores for Man.U.He is the poacher we miss in our attack.
I agree about teams not being interested to sell their players at the end of transfer season.We can use this situation to increase Vidal's price and we don't have to get a quick,panic replacement for him.We have Pogba,Pereyra,Asamoah and Romulo to cover his position.
We can use those moneys on 2-3 good talents like Atletico did with Griezmann.We can get Grenier,Lacazette,Lukakuwetc. are all available for less than 20 mln next season.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:13 pm

The only time we should sell him if he wants to go is next Summer. There's no time and not even any readily available top players out there this Summer. That ship has sailed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:17 pm

Lukaku already signed for everton. But really, if you had the choice of selling him, would you say yes or no? Ofcourse not.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:18 pm

juvealbanian wrote:Like I said before this is probably the right time to sell Vidal,we only have to wait for the right price.
40-50 mln + Chicharito and Nani can't be refused.

A straight cash offer would be much more ideal ,something like 70m but i'm not convinced United are ready to go to such extents.

Apparently Vidal would like to go to Man.U we don't have to keep a player who isn't that motivated anymore.

Again baseless rumors.Nothing from reliable sources or direct quotes.

I'm also worried about his injury.

As are all of us.but just for that sake we shouldnt go shopping him around.He'll do fine this season.People are overreacting atm.

If a offer like that comes we get two good players plus 40-50 mln to spend.
Nani is one of the best wingers when he is on form and Chicharito always scores for Man.U.He is the poacher we miss in our attack.
I dont know,i am not confident in the mgmt spending the money wisely at this stage of the window.
As for Nani,maybe i would've agreed with you 3 yrs ago but not now.He's very injury prone nowadays and he's more likely to take a downward curve than an upward one considering his age,plus he 's a high earner to boot.He would be good enough for Serie A but not sure he's the good buy if we have European ambition.

We can use those moneys on 2-3 good talents like Atletico did with Griezmann.We can get Grenier,Lacazette,Lukakuwetc. are all available for less than 20 mln next season.

Those talents wont improve us by much.Quite obvious keeping Vidal is the better and more ideal solution for now.

We dont need to get desperate and sell him just because we have a deficiencies in a few areas.And its not an ideal situation right now when most of the value for money buys has already been purchased by other clubs.And i dont like to see us blow money on some half decent overpriced player.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:22 pm

As far as Nani goes, LVG brought him on in a friendly match and subbed him off about 30 minutes later he's that useless Laughing

Seriously, we should avoid Nani unless he's coming for an almost non existent fee. He's done nothing in years and at this point is nothing more than a semi-known name who's long, long past a good run of form.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Nani is the new Bocchetti/Gilardino/Rannochia

We'll be linked to him forever even if he were to announce his retirement tomorrow Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:28 pm

Still waiting on dem dere Michel Bastos links myself Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 pm

I think he has to be sold if a 50m offer comes in. I'm not going to repeat the arguments about age, injury, etc. But people need to remember that this may be one of our first sales since calciopoli where we make a profit on a player we bought. We have spent money on transfers like crazy since 2006, but never really made a significant profit on the sale of a player. Think about all of the losses. Melo, Diego, Elia, and the list goes on. Other major clubs have been buying and selling but making a few profits. Juve has had to spend with no transfer sale gains.

For this reason and the other points already mentioned, i think it would be wise to sell him now. All this talk of waiting for the right time when a WC player becomes available is ridiculous. WC players are found at any given time just like Vidal was a few years ago. There is no perfect WC player transfer window. If you wait for that perfect time, we'll probably get burned by a bigger financed club. 50m plus a player or two is quite fair regardless if what people think of Hernandez and Nani. We're not going to get great starters in that type of exchange. We'll get depth.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Thing is, who would we possibly get this Summer? Assuming we're not happy with significantly weakening our Starting XI who is left to buy, whether it be Wingers, Midfielders etc etc

Di Maria would probably cost more than we let Vidal go for, so right away we're doing some pretty pointless business.

The likes of Reus won't want to go to a similarly positioned club in a lesser league. All of the top defenders are either staying or already at a big club, even Barca had to go after some pretty underwhelming defensive targets.

Our defence is declining with Barzagli old and injured, our only creative player is Pirlo who's well over 30. If we sell Vidal and all we have to show for it is a nicer bank balance and a stronger bench, we'll only be regressing as a club. We got to where we are now much quicker than we thought we would, but instead of capitalising on that we'd essentially be doing a Dortmund and declining season by season.

Conte is gone. So say Vidal goes, Barzagli and Pirlo will be gone soon. Pogba will end up going eventually if we're regressing as a team. And all we'll have to show for it is a starting XI weaker than it was 2 years ago and 50M euros + a nice bench. The last team who was on top of Serie A sold their players to balance the books, had their best aging players leave/retire and look where they are now.

Obviously we're in a better position than Milan and won't suffer the same fate, but we'll end up in a less drastic scenario than they are now.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Juventude wrote:But people need to remember that this may be one of our first sales since calciopoli where we make a profit on a player we bought. We have spent money on transfers like crazy since 2006, but never really made a significant profit on the sale of a player.

Are you going to repeat the same thing when we sell Pogba next summer ?
Major clubs have been making profits alright but at the same time can afford to spend large sums of money on world class players.Can Juve do that ? Do they have enough liquidity to carry out a big purchase ? It leaves a big question mark there.
We're going to sell someone eventually be it Vidal or someone else but i dont see this moment as the ideal time to do so.We need to start the season without any distractions and having a complete and a ready squad.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Put it this way, with no replacements in sight how can we even hope to be equally as good as we were last season with no Conte, an Injured Barzagli, and older Pirlo and NO Vidal? We should be looking to improve as a club, not take 3 steps backwards after years of unrivaled domestic success.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 pm

There will be never be an ideal time to sell based on the barriers you're putting up. I've said many times that we're still working our way out of prior debts. The immediate success we had to this degree under Conte was not expected so quickly. We will have much greater financial capabilities in the next couple of years. This team is not currently built to win CL. That's just a reality. Plus with this squad we didn't even get out of group play last year. Changes are on the horizon because some players are starting to move past their prime or already have. If you hold on to players waiting for the perfect time to sell or wait to buy waiting for the perfect time, there's a good chance you may get burned. So you take the opportunities when they come.

I'm not going to name potential target replacements because that's just stupid. No one on this board is an expert on the market or future talent. Some people on here even questioned Vidal's original purchase. It just goes to show you that you can't predict so called "world class" talent. I trust marotta, maybe more than most, to find talent for this team as he's done a pretty damn good job up to this point.

We're not going to agree, but i believe you take the opportunities when they come and I think this is one opportunity that Juve needs to strongly consider.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Javier Hernandez’s agent said “there will be news soon” on the Manchester United man’s Juventus move for Arturo Vidal.

There have been reports over the last couple of days that Juve requested €48m plus two players – one of them Hernandez – to give Vidal to Manchester United.

“For now I cannot comment on the situation,” agent Eduardo Hernandez told reporters in South America.

“I have no news at the moment on an exchange, I haven’t spoken to anyone in England, but there will be news soon.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Our current team isn't ready for CL glory.Let's be real we didn't had any great achievment in past two seasons,we even failed to win EL in our home.Despite blaming Conte 3-5-2 tactics we all know that there is still a huge gap between us and teams like RM and Bayern.
Of course as you guys said some of our top players like Pirlo,Buffon,Barzagli etc are declining,that means it will be even harder to have success with this group and we are showing we don't have financial power to replace them with top quality players.Actually it's been a long time since we bought wc players.Vidal,Pogba etc weren't considered wc when they joined,they were made...that's the only way we can compete with our rivals in a short time.We buy talented players as we did with Vidal and Pogba to get maximum profit from them,with that profit we get more talented players,grow them up and sell at the right price and time.This will secure us financial power and fresh team.No player is irreplaceable,I'm sure we will find a new Vidal or a new Pogba.I know this sounds bad but I'm being realistic.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:20 pm

^ This 'starategy' won't last forever of course,as soon we are financialy strong enough we keep our top players and buy new ones.I think this is necessary to open a cycle of european success for Juve.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 pm

S wrote:
Javier Hernandez’s agent said “there will be news soon” on the Manchester United man’s Juventus move for Arturo Vidal.

There have been reports over the last couple of days that Juve requested €48m plus two players – one of them Hernandez – to give Vidal to Manchester United.

“For now I cannot comment on the situation,” agent Eduardo Hernandez told reporters in South America.

“I have no news at the moment on an exchange, I haven’t spoken to anyone in England, but there will be news soon.”

I'm ok with this if its really 50 million plus x( Nani probably ) and Hernandez
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:07 pm

If Vidal leaves on his own will then I really dont think I can view him as a Juve great. If he is force sold thats a different story, but its clear we dont want to sell him.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Nah he's definitely not a Juve great at this point. He's been a great player obviously but if he leaves after 3 seasons of domestic success due to wanting a move he's obviously not in the same bracket as many before him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:08 pm

If it turns out he leaves because he wanted more money, they honestly thats nearing traitor like area for me personally.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:13 pm

I won't moan at him, after all he's not some born & raised Italian Juve fan

Same reason I accepted Ibra not wanting to play in Serie B

Players putting their careers first is fine by me, so long as they don't try and force a way out of the club or act up because they're not happy with 8M a season and want enough for dat platinum shell Bugatti.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:55 pm

I'm speechless Sad
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:25 am

THE SOLUTION OF THE CASE VIDAL ARRIVES TOMORROW!

Is shortly to the solution of the case Vidal, the case for printing, a situation to be determined in reality. The way things are at the moment not arrived at Juventus interesting proposals and no one and 'stepped forward in a concrete way. Vidal himself has never expressed a definitive about his future and has not shown any impatience with Juventus. The general feeling 'that within 24-48 hours everything will be defined: either Vidal or remains part Vidal, Juventus must put a time limit, knowing that now no concrete proposal or real manifestation of good-bye and' junta. Procrastination everything still might be a suicide because there would be the time to buy replacements and above all to live a peaceful start to the season.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:30 am

If marotta had not fvcked abt with 18 mill bids we could have gotten sanchez and had a team as good as any in europe. Instead he demonstrates his total ineptitude and causing conte to leave, probably pushing vidal out as well. And can you blame him? The board has clearly shown that they are not looking to be a major player in europe in the near future(and dont give me bs abt how we are miiles away) and winning serie a again and again loses it's luster. Now our best player is leaving and the cycle is dying with a whimper. Really, at this level you can't afford any b players, especially you're goddamn sporting director. What an utter clown..
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next