De Gea is so overrated.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

De Gea watch - Page 2 Empty Re: De Gea watch

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Donuts wrote:De Gea is so overrated.
Meh...not nearly as overrated as Lloris. I actually hope that United sell then buy and pay out the nose for Hugo. Spurs will probably replace him with someone like Horn or Karius and be better off in the long run since Vorm is a more than capable starter.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:09 pm

Curtinho wrote:

Meh...not nearly as overrated as Lloris. I actually hope that United sell then buy and pay out the nose for Hugo. Spurs will probably replace him with someone like Horn or Karius and be better off in the long run since Vorm is a more than capable starter.
+1
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:45 pm

De Gea watch = watching De Gea sit in the stands for the whole season? Laughing
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Adit wrote:After all these talks of Posturing and showing a statement it looks like Woody have drove United into a corner rofl

Think we have woody by his ball now. Just need to decide when and how much to pull Laughing
how?

United don't need the money it is about meeting our valuation of a world class player. we value him at a world record goal keeping fee and expect to be paid it for our world class keeper, if not oh well we will use him for another season then he can do w/e he wants when his contract expires. Club and Player agreed on a contract so he will fufill it here unless Madrid meet the asking price we feel is fair compensation.

your not buying off some la liga fodder club who needs every cent, you're buying from a financial powerhouse on the same level as Madrid.

losing the 20 million or w/e the rumoured # is madrid is offering is no big loss for United if De Gea walks for free next year, oh well.

LVG even said in a press conference when we buy we always have to pay top dollar, so when we sell we should expect others to do the same.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:09 pm

Curtinho wrote:

I 100% agree
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:12 pm

tbh I don't know why Madrid don't just pay the 25mil for him. he is well worth that. and its not like Madrid don't have the money. the quicker they get him in the team the quicker he will settle in.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:04 pm

Curtinho wrote:
Most GKs atm are so overrated because the  level is not worthy of past , for example I believe to be one of few Interisti to say  Handanovic is a GK so overrated , but De Gea is really great anyway . Best GK in the world imho.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:08 pm

Best GK in the world is easily Neuer and noone comes close.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Overrated or not, he's a very, very good goalkeeper who's been performing on a high level for several seasons already. He's young, and more importantly, he's Spanish.

What I want to know is what happens to Navas and Casilla if Real Madrid get De Gea? Obviously, one of them will have to leave, but that's just awful, awful planning on RM's part.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 pm

I think they are doing it on purpose tbh.

Casilla is back up material regardless and i think they have known for a while De Gea isn't coming this summer.

He'll come on a free next summer and you will sell Navas to who ever wants him which won't be too hard tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Lloris has had a shaky time in the prem at times and that can't all be atttributed to the tripe he has in front of him either, and I don't think Spurs would let him go so close to deadline day unless it was a ridiculous offer.

De Gea stays IMO, gives us a season to scout a legit replacement and sticks it to the Madrista's who seem to think they can sign whoever they want when they want on their terms, win win. Just hope that LVG plays him. Laughing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:53 pm

linetty wrote:Best GK in the world is easily Neuer and noone comes close.
No one comes close ? Neuer is too mistake prone for no one to come close
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:06 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Every goalkeeper makes mistakes. Thiboo just collected a red card for being a donkey after going on a trip away from his box and Cech let in 2 goals that a 4th division keeper should save without a drop of sweat.

Neuer is not only a monster on his line but he is dominant in every area of his box and far more away from it.

It's just how I see it. As a wise man once said- "There are as many opinions as there are heads."
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:22 am

Valkyrja wrote:
i can find you a video of every keeper doing stupid shit.
neuer is by far the best
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:26 am

Firenze wrote:Lloris has had a shaky time in the prem at times and that can't all be atttributed to the tripe he has in front of him either, and I don't think Spurs would let him go so close to deadline day unless it was a ridiculous offer.

De Gea stays IMO, gives us a season to scout a legit replacement and sticks it to the Madrista's who seem to think they can sign whoever they want when they want on their terms, win win. Just hope that LVG plays him. Laughing
its all well and good making him stay. but if he refuses to play like he is now then you have nothing to gain by keeping him. it does nothing but upset the team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:27 am

Manu Neuer ist indeed great, but last season in the Bundesliga, Yann Sommer surpassed him in many stats. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:36 am

rwo power wrote:
Manu Neuer ist indeed great, but last season in the Bundesliga, Yann Sommer surpassed him in many stats. :coffee:
that's gonna start a argument eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:42 am

rwo power wrote:

You just stepped into a dark alley.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:44 am

Firenze wrote:Lloris has had a shaky time in the prem at times and that can't all be atttributed to the tripe he has in front of him either, and I don't think Spurs would let him go so close to deadline day unless it was a ridiculous offer.

It's not sticking it to Madrid when we are getting a great player for free even if we have to wait a year.I still think your doing the right thing by not selling him for that amount. Either pay what he's worth or gtfo. Doing what a big club should do, and Madrid will be fine with two very good goalkeepers competing for a spot this year.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:09 am

linetty wrote:You just stepped into a dark alley.
I know my numbers. Plus Yann Sommer is cuter, too De Gea watch - Page 2 Smilie_girl_computer_coffee

BTW, Squawka.com agrees with me: http://tinyurl.com/top-gks-2014-2015

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:37 am

Unique wrote:

its all well and good making him stay. but if he refuses to play like he is now then you have nothing to gain by keeping him. it does nothing but upset the team.

hes not refusing to play tho Laughing

LVG is not playing him
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 am

According to the information provided de Gea is very politely indicating that he does not wish to play for United at this time. While that is not technically "refusing to play" it has about the same effect in the immediate time frame. The only silver lining to it is that it perhaps does not burn bridges in quite the same way that a more adamant refusal would.

Of course, this information seems to be coming from van Gaal so there's no telling if it's actually legitimate or if there's an agenda to it.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:49 am

*sighs* Somehow I think it is really annoying when players try to (even politely) force their way out after they themselves signed a contract with a certain runtime...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:56 am

rwo power wrote:*sighs* Somehow I think it is really annoying when players try to (even politely) force their way out after they themselves signed a contract with a certain runtime...

I agree.

However, in a small way De Gea is also doing United a favour by refusing to play. If he didn't communicate his strong desire to leave, maybe United would think they could make him stay. At least now United know for sure that either they get a fee for the player now or lose him for nothing in a year. It helps doing business when your options are clear.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:52 am

B-Mac wrote:
Adit wrote:After all these talks of Posturing and showing a statement it looks like Woody have drove United into a corner rofl

Think we have woody by his ball now. Just need to decide when and how much to pull Laughing
how?

United don't need the money it is about meeting our valuation of a world class player. we value him at a world record goal keeping fee and expect to be paid it for our world class keeper, if not oh well we will use him for another season then he can do w/e he wants when his contract expires. Club and Player agreed on a contract so he will fufill it here unless Madrid meet the asking price we feel is fair compensation.

your not buying off some la liga fodder club who needs every cent, you're buying from a financial powerhouse on the same level as Madrid.

losing the 20 million or w/e the rumoured # is madrid is offering is no big loss for United if De Gea walks for free next year, oh well.

LVG even said in a press conference when we buy we always have to pay top dollar, so when we sell we should expect others to do the same.

Of course it is also about money.United doesnt have an unlimited budget as many seems to think they have and getting a good amount for him is their priority at this point.Van gal has already said it is also about money.

Bullying situation.Woodward drove yourself into this situation. We just like Bayern did with lewandowski took advantage of it. This isnt even about money when it comes to de gea. He has rejected signing a huge contract offer to play in spain, especially in Madrid.

De gea is already not even on the squad list. What makes you think Van gal will play him after December when De gea signs a pre contract with Madrid? gona play him? lol

Benching a player for entire season is not an option as it gives wrong message to potential players and agents.

Benching De gea and playing Romero only to concede lot of goals will also make United a laughing stock and not to say it will make life difficult for Romero too.

Playing De gea is the best option but then again Van Gal will be van gal and if some how he play he will be under huge pressure and every mistake will be glorified.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next