Cassius
M99
dronte
El Gunner
free_cat
gnrfan
15 posters

Go down

You can take the sporting director out of the provinces Empty You can take the sporting director out of the provinces

Post by gnrfan Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:31 am

Giuseppe Marotta...at the end of last season i was gaining grudging respect for this guy...yes he hadn't managed to snag a high profile target in the face of competition, and yes you could not convince me that the juve board knew morata, bonucci, pereyra et. al. would come that good but then the results were there. And then, on the back of that unprecedented success what does he do? Do the obvious thing and reinforce the wingbacks positions/get an am for flexibility? No...he sells the two cornerstones of his team and the two best players, and mopes around like a cuckold  while all the european top teams eye up his best young prospect....he keeps on saying that players won't be sold unless they ask to leave.

So does contract mean nothing? Is juve a club like regina and udinese that has to take this lying down? Let's look at some other clubs with big club aspirations. Bayern circa 2008: held ribery to his contract when he wanted to go to real.  PSG...the giants don't even try to sniff around their players.

They know the response they'll get: X is under contract, he is not for sale. Liverpool: unless we get an extortionate fee, he can sit in the reserves. Oh, you paid 40 mill for suarez? What are you smoking? Napoli: higuain is not for sale unless we get 90 million...and then you have this clown who will capitulate when a player makes the slightest fuss, and has done the equivalent of dortmund selling lewandowski gundogan, and gotze in the same summer.

As a juve fan who'd thought last year was the beginning of an ascent to where we were, I'm crushed...
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

You can take the sporting director out of the provinces Empty Re: You can take the sporting director out of the provinces

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:21 am

Who are the two best juve players that left? Only Tevez so far, right?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

You can take the sporting director out of the provinces Empty Re: You can take the sporting director out of the provinces

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:31 am

But you can't take the provinces out of the sporting director
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:53 am

Marotta could do nothing about Tevez. He could have forced him to stay, and pay his wages for 1 more year then release him for free (that's like €10mil euros loss combined, plus losing the options on the Boca talents).

We all know Tevez, his behaviour is pretty f*cked up when things don't go the way he wants to. Just look at what he did at Manchester City, I'm 100% sure we wouldn't have been able to use him next year if he was forced to stay (and that's a waste of money). Sadly there are scenarios where players have too much freedom (for example the Sterling case isn't really different).

I assume you mean Vidal as the other 'best player', which is not official yet (already 'signed' for RM and Arsenal this summer), but anyways here are my 2 cents:

Personally I think selling Vidal does not really make sense, considering the fact that Pogba will also probably leave us in 1-2 years - significantly weakening our midfield if both of them leave.
BUT, it really depends on the replacements. If we can get a proper left- or rightback AND a decent playmaker from his sale, I'm all fine with getting rid of him (if he really wants to go).

All I can say that selling a good player does not necesserily a bad thing, probably everyone knows our 01/02 market.. Sold Zidane and Inzaghi, but at the same time bought Buffon, Nedved, Thuram among others.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:20 am

free_cat wrote:Who are the two best juve players that left? Only Tevez so far, right?

Reliable sources saying Bayern are in advanced negotiations to sign Vidal for 40 million.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:05 pm

I understand the premis and frustration of this thread as Vidal was a fan favourite and leader but as a Juve fan (which I never realised you were before lol) you should be happy about the future that lies before the club. I don't see this, or the sale of Pogba majorly detrimental to how our club will fare in the future.

I too would rather have Vidal than the millions but we have so many good young talents coming through that I'm more than certain we can shift up area's of the pitch, formations and tactics to not be so reliant on the midfield which we have been for the past 4 years.

I'm loving all of this. It's exciting. I place trust in the board that they will replace stars properly and show trust in younger players we have such as Sturaro who I think will have a huge future at Juventus.

You guys just need to keep cool. We've got a bit of money now and a good squad.

This coming season is going to be one of the most exciting in recent years! And that's coming off the back of an almost treble winning season!
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm sorry bro but I cannot rationalize this like you can. Zidane was sold for a world record fee and even today that figure stands in the list of top ten expensive transfers...and though he was a legend he was never quite a messi or ronaldoeque world beater week in week out...he had great games interspersed with many quiet games. Vidal otoh is a phenom and is coming off a great tournament...easily the best b2b we've had since davids and at his best i wouldnt hesitate to mention him alongside the great dutchman(though davids was better). A fee of 35 million euros is a joke for the best player in the world at his position...to give you an idea of what that gets you in today's oil inflated market liverpool is paying more than that for benteke, utd, paid more for a youngster like luke shaw, real paid something like that for illara, and chelsea got almost twice as much for david luiz. This is not a zidane transfer...this is more like the the zlatan/thiago silva package deal silvio cooked up a few seasons back...marotta is being a total pushover...if vidal is trying to force a move you dont sell to the first bidder during the dead of night...you spark up a bidding war, or hold on to him until you get a suitable offer. Thats what contracts are for...to protect the player and protect the club...
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:30 pm

All the Juvi fans i know are upset about this but they seem to forget that Vidal had a meh season by his standards last year. The vidal of two seasons ago is irreplacable, this vidal is.

The fee is lower than you would expect but its not like he's going for peanuts. If the money is invested in a no 10 or 2 new fullbacks juvi will be a better team overall. The cycle of vidal pirlo tevez is ending and Moratta has been handling it well.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:25 am

zizzle wrote:All the Juvi fans i know are upset about this but they seem to forget that Vidal had a meh season by his standards last year. The vidal of two seasons ago is irreplacable, this vidal is.

The fee is lower than you would expect but its not like he's going for peanuts. If the money is invested in a no 10 or 2 new fullbacks juvi will be a better team overall. The cycle of vidal pirlo tevez is ending and Moratta has been handling it well.

I think the last thing you said is the most important. The cycle is ending and Marotta is managing the change. It's an exciting time, but fans are afraid that change will be worse, it's going to be different but not necessarily worse.

I see a young, explosive time forming. Morata is one season deep in Italy, Pogba will officially be the guy in the midfield (at least for this season... hopefully), Dybala is an exciting player. Mandzukic has a crazy work rate and seemed genuinely to want Juventus and on top of that, Zaza is a great Italian striker for Serie A.. and the transfer window is not closed yet

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:35 am

gnrfan wrote:equivalent of dortmund selling lewandowski gundogan, and gotze in the same summer.

Gundogan was never sold, youre thinking of Sahin.
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:57 am

As a calcioface I for one am excited for what will possibly be the most open season in 4 seasons.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:08 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:As a calcioface I for one am excited for what will possibly be the most open season in 4 seasons.

As a juve fan, I don't think it will be.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:28 am

Had what was quite frankly a pathetic season at times, only came good at the end. His passing, shooting and general control has been awful compared to pre-injury Vidal. And the drunk driving nonsense escalated everything. Too much off the pitch B.S from him.

I'd have prefered to keep him, but basically there are signs it's down hill from here and now was our last chance to get solid cash for him.

He has been amazing for us, absolutely amazing. But I can see why Marotta would sell him.

That being said, if we don't bring in a WC Playmaker then i'll be pissed.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:32 am

I'm hoping good lad Beppe will see sense and buy Gotze and Alex Sandro so i can use my boyhood team of 5 seconds Juve online.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:07 am

How are people giving Vidal BS cuz he got drunk? LOL. So what, if any of u would come from Latin America, u would know drunk driving is VERY VERY common and its not looked down upon. Chile's authorities are making a fuzz cuz he is Vidal but trust me, Chile's streets is scary!
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:29 pm

LOL what a joke this guy is.undersells a worldie by 20 odd million and everyone was going on abt how it was part of some great master plan...now it looks like it'll probably be saponara or bust. Let's take a look at what this genius had done...Juve had a terrific opportunity with an unexpected windfall and some newfound prestige in the what-have-you-done-lately world of modern football...and he has actually weakened the team. Last Year I'd say there 2 pieces missing to make Juve a juggernaut(fantasista and lb). Instead he buys everything but these positions and dynamites the foundations of the team.
After all this recent praise for marotta's genius I've realized one thing. He is a master of exploiting market opportunities. Tevez would not be sold within England, and RM and Barca were loaded at the position. Leverkusen refused to sell vidal to bayern and wasn't hyped up enough for the usual suspects. Can anyone tell me, when has this guy ever won a tug of war for a top prospect when other big teams are interested? When has he convinced a top player with options of juve's project(and don't say dybala, it doesn't seem arsenal was interested anyway). I just dont see this guy as fit to be SDS for a team that wants to get to the elite tier in europe and stay there. Despite the success of the past few seasons(and lets give conte and allegri their dues. they were the key factor), he still has a smalltime mentality. Think he'd be more suited for a team like Southampton or Maccabi Haifa.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:30 pm

And look ma, paragraphs!
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:40 pm

gnrfan wrote:LOL what a joke this guy is.undersells a worldie by 20 odd million and everyone was going on abt how it was part of some great master plan...now it looks like it'll probably be saponara or bust. Let's take a look at what this genius had done...Juve had a terrific opportunity with an unexpected windfall and some newfound prestige in the what-have-you-done-lately world of modern football...and he has actually weakened the team. Last Year I'd say there 2 pieces missing to make Juve a juggernaut(fantasista and lb). Instead he buys everything but these positions and dynamites the foundations of the team.
After all this recent praise for marotta's genius I've realized one thing. He is a master of exploiting market opportunities. Tevez would not be sold within England, and RM and Barca were loaded at the position. Leverkusen refused to sell vidal to bayern and wasn't hyped up enough for the usual suspects. Can anyone tell me, when has this guy ever won a tug of war for a top prospect when other big teams are interested? When has he convinced a top player with options of juve's project(and don't say dybala, it doesn't seem arsenal was interested anyway). I just dont see this guy as fit to be SDS for a team that wants to get to the elite tier in europe and stay there. Despite the success of the past few seasons(and lets give conte and allegri their dues. they were the key factor), he still has a smalltime mentality. Think he'd be more suited for a team like Southampton or Maccabi Haifa.

I don't see anything wrong with letting a player who wants to leave, leave.. without going through the motions. It was good timing with an exodus of key players, this group had reached its ceiling. Change is good brother

But please, understand. We do want you as a fan. We just don't want you to do some crazy shit. Last week on the news, I heard some shit that made me sick, it was about this club and its fan and he complained and scrutinized every move that was new, come to think about it, it was you

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:48 pm

More navel-gazing from this utter spastic. Thought he'd spend the vidal money on a class fullback at the very least. This was Juves most pressing area last season after all. He gets fvcking Siqueira...who is being let go by atleti after one season. He also replaces a gamechanger like tevez with mandzukic another atleti castoff who is slow as hell and little striker instinct. yeah put him in bayer's system with alaba, lahm, riber and muller putting crosses in and he'll look good, but got found out badly last year, and I guarantee it'll be worse in Juve's system. my question for juve fans is this. Why are atletico's throwaways good enough for juventus? I know marotta likes to harp on about financial constraints and economic realities to garner sympathy for his incompetence, and most juve fans buy this line easily, but surely you are at least financially stronger than atletico? And yet atletico is showing much more ambition than you...they go for jackson martinez, felipe luis, and vietto. Marotta goes for mandzu and zaza
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:09 pm

The enter button

USE IT

please Sad
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:31 pm

I still have high hopes that a big name will come to Juve. Siquiera is more than adept to be 2nd choice with Evra. I dont see the problem in that. Evra was majestic last season, remember that. I do feel we need 2 more players: 1 midfielder and 1 AM. A dream come true would be adding a Winger to that list.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down