GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 22 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

+41
Adit
Bellabong
Myesyats
Andrew
Luca
RED
B-Mac
McLewis
Blue Barrett
free_cat
Dark Knight
Pedram
silver
LeSwagg James
Firenze
Lucifer
Casciavit
M99
LeVersacci
Freeza
dostoevsky
RedOranje
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
zigra
elitedam
Vibe
McAgger
Tomwin Lannister
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
EarlyPrototype
Glory
Dante
Kaladin
Soul
mr-r34
El Gunner
Jonathan28
BarrileteCosmico
45 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 22 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 16:35

Looking forward to all the storylines north of Dorne and west of Essos hmm

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 22 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by LeVersacci Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 17:09

Anyone else watch alt shift x theories on youtube lmao?

Best one out there imo
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 15 Apr 2016 - 20:41

My favourite theory video, completely show related so no spoilers in there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 21:49

“Ser Arthur Dayne, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while taking a piss with the right.”

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 22 Cf2Ws0iW4AAHpnF

:bow: :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun 17 Apr 2016 - 23:43

Boooooo.....2 more 10 episode seasons pls.

Unless HBO are putting pressure on them to cut these last 2 seasons down due to the budget this show has, no reason to switch up the formula.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 3:21

not overly fond of any of the remaining characters, so I won't be wearing a GoT avatar until one of them wins me over this season :coffee:

next week, right?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 6:59

man change that cringe avy to a GoT you pos

RG pls respond
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 7:03

Wait RG doesn't have one either smh

McLewis pls respond
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 15:32

LeVersacci wrote:Anyone else watch alt shift x theories on youtube lmao?

Best one out there imo

I do. They are great. Agree. But Preston Jacobs is slightly better I believe.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 21:16

LeVersacci wrote:Wait RG doesn't have one either smh

McLewis pls respond

If this season's as good as many think it will be, he'll come around Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 21:20

GoT is still my top 5 show. Just don't know who to put up as avatar.

Will decide this week

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 18 Apr 2016 - 23:03

Having so much fun with these quotes Very Happy

GAME OF THRONES - PART 6 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 22 TRjnfFwl
- Littlefinger
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 8:19

Finished S5 last night. What a mediocre season now that i've watched all episodes in such a short span Laughing

Dance ep & unbowed ep hands down the worst episodes in the show smh

The way they ruined Stannis made me mad again ffs

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 9:45

Can't take Cersei seriously with short hair.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 11:49

LeVersacci wrote:Finished S5 last night. What a mediocre season now that i've watched all episodes in such a short span Laughing

How did they ruin Stannis?

Agreed about Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken but Dance of Dragons was *bleep* amazing imo!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 12:19

What a coincidence that the only episode that had a 'Dorne' title turned out to be the worst episode of the show! Laughing
Cant believe they are preserving that same actors for this season too. Those girls were .. lol. I mean if you select some random persons from somewhere to play those roles, they would have done it far better.
Absolutely ripped apart the Dorne arc D&D. Dont know how GRRM approved that shit they served there ?!

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 16:20

urbaNRoots wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:Finished S5 last night. What a mediocre season now that i've watched all episodes in such a short span Laughing

How did they ruin Stannis?

You kidding?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 18:45

It came across that way. That was the problem. The way it was shown, it felt totally out of line with his character and his morals.
But I am sure without GRRM not permitting they wouldnt be doing it.
And only Stannis losing and possibly dying let Melisandre and Davos to  find their true savior/prince. So it would have been kinda essential to the overall story.

Then again I think it was poor writing overall from the show writers part, the way they presented this sudden deviation in his character.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 20:32

I don't think they need approval from grrm when they want to change something. The way he talks I'd say they work completely independent from him.
I also don't expect the show and the still missing books to have too much in common and wouldn't be surprised if it's another fullmetal alchemist scenario.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 20:50

Glory wrote:It came across that way. That was the problem. The way it was shown, it felt totally out of line with his character and his morals.
But I am sure without GRRM not permitting they wouldnt be doing it.
And only Stannis losing and possibly dying let Melisandre and Davos to  find their true savior/prince. So it would have been kinda essential to the overall story.

Then again I think it was poor writing overall from the show writers part, the way they presented this sudden deviation in his character.

What deviation though? It was foreshadowed since S2 and every season since then, but they hid it well seeing the reaction of fans when he finally made the sacrifice.

To me it appears that people took Stannis for Ned 2.0 but he was never that. Ned chose family over duty but Stannis chose his duty as a king over family and made a REAL sacrifice unlike anyone else in the story.

In my opinion, Stannis' arc was freaking amazing until Brienne showed up in the middle of the battlefield and killed him without anyone noticing. That was a ridiculous coincidence that I didn't like.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 19 Apr 2016 - 22:24

Stannis's arc was shit. D&D says Stannis's main character trait is he never changes his decision. That turned out well. Then they had characters in the show saying he is the greatest military commander in Westeros. Gets destroyed by 20goodmen and half his army deserts him (:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed 20 Apr 2016 - 0:23

You may not have liked it but it was most certainly not shit.

Ned's main character trait was his relentless honor and he gave it up in his last episode, I suppose that's also shit writing? Well it's not, everyone gets challenged on their character traits, and everyone either bends or breaks because of it.

Let's look at his arc: He gets screwed in every possible way and it's tragic, someone who could've been a good king is pushed off limits with the false excuses of saving the world. Mance Rayder refused his offer to fight for him in exchange for lands, the Northerners refuse him because he is no Stark, Jon Snow refuses his offer to help him recruit the North and become a Stark, Jon basically tells him to get the *bleep* out of Castle Black ASAP, either way Stannis still respects him and the way he dealt with Janos Slynt, his only ally with some power is Melisandre who in the end also ends up screwing Stannis. But before that Stannis has to deal with a *bleep* snow blizzard, at which point he is asked to sacrifice Shireen but he refuses. Only when his guards betray him by allowing Ramsay to burn his supplies is he forced to make a sacrifice which only a man like Stannis could do -- lose the one thing he loves most in the world to save the world from ice zombies. Most people would choose family, but not a TRUE KING.

What I liked most about Stannis' arc is because it was so well foreshadowed, I have noticed so many moments during my rewatch:

"Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice" S3, Stannis to Davos

"You will betray the men serving you, you will betray your family, you will betray everything you once held dear" S2, Melisandre to Stannis

"What is the life of one bastard against a kingdom" S3, Stannis to Davos when he wanted to sacrifice Gendry.

"How many boys live in Westeros, how many girls, how many men, how many women? The darkness will swallow them all she [Melisandre] says. The Night that never ends. Unless I triumph. I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. We do not choose our destiny. But we must do our duty, no? Great or small we must do our duty." *troubled face* S3, Stannis to Davos

Shireen is literally introduced in an episode called "Kissed by Fire" lol

"The Lord needs her" S4 Melisandre to Selyse, while looking at a fire.

etc...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed 20 Apr 2016 - 1:16

Pls call it murder instead of sacrifice (:
And it was always a stupid decision because obviously a big part of the men would abandon him after that Laughing even an open riot shouldn't have surprised him IMO.

Tbh Stannis men still should've defeated the riders from Winterfell though Laughing

Actually just compare what Stannis in the books did and what Stannis in the show did (you read the books, right?).
Show-Stannis for me didn't show any tactical insight at all. He just took his men and marched towards Winterfell hoping for a miracle?
I mean I don't even know how he planned the siege to work considering his men were already starving when they reached Winterfell. Really what was his plan? Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 20 Apr 2016 - 2:53

Stannis' portrayal in the show is nothing short of incompetent writing. D&D fundamentally don't understand and like him, leading to the nonsense we saw on screen.

The reason why there was a massive fan backlash wasn't because Shireen was sacrificed. Everyone knew she was eventually going to be sacrificed BUT not by her own father. Stannis is doing all of this to put her on the Iron Throne one day after he passes.

The very reasoning for why he did this only shows that D&D can only see things in black and white. They say that Stannis can be explained and represented simply as someone who cannot change his decision. Except when he is going to punish Davos for releasing Gendry. Or when he says that he won't sacrifice Shireen.

(From books)
Spoiler:

Would Stannis use king's blood to save the realm? You bet. The thing is though, Westeros is full of other nice, juicy sacrifices he could easily make instead of HIS OWN HEIR.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed 20 Apr 2016 - 3:01

dostoevsky wrote:Stannis' portrayal in the show is nothing short of incompetent writing. D&D fundamentally don't understand and like him, leading to the nonsense we saw on screen.

The reason why there was a massive fan backlash wasn't because Shireen was sacrificed. Everyone knew she was eventually going to be sacrificed BUT not by her own father. Stannis is doing all of this to put her on the Iron Throne one day after he passes.

The very reasoning for why he did this only shows that D&D can only see things in black and white. They say that Stannis can be explained and represented simply as someone who cannot change his decision. Except when he is going to punish Davos for releasing Gendry. Or when he says that he won't sacrifice Shireen.

(From books)
Spoiler:

Would Stannis use king's blood to save the realm? You bet. The thing is though, Westeros is full of other nice, juicy sacrifices he could easily make instead of HIS OWN HEIR.

from books
Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed 20 Apr 2016 - 4:10

Spoiler:

All this being said, the show can still be independently great by taking a different path. It's going to be fun watching Davos wreak havoc as a free agent.

Inb4Ollyshankshim.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next