GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

+34
Arquitecto
Vibe
Hapless_Hans
Clutch
taylorcole
Winter is Coming
Kick
80s_Stallone
Art Morte
zigra
El Messico
Vlad the Impaler
The Demon of Carthage
Casciavit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
terrance511
McLewis
nichabr
silver
urbaNRoots
elitedam
Doc
Firenze
Lucifer
Myesyats
M99
RealGunner
El Gunner
Freeza
rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* Empty GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:38 am

Honestly shocked to hear that people found the Brienne scene amazing.  Like... the only reason that Brienne was made a knight was because they were all drinking and the subject simply came up? And then Jaime did it just to prove a point? It just didn't feel earned to me. It felt like something they did to hit a checkbox with the fans. And I'd say that is true for a lot of things in this episode, like the Gendry/Arya scene.

I compare this with the writing in the pre-battle piece of Blackwater. I think the first 20 mins of Blackwater were significantly better than this, and it was because there was a sense of urgency. You saw people like Bronn screwing whores and the Hound picking fights, which feel more natural pre-battle behaviors to me than simply drinking alone, and someone like Cersei taking steps to ensure that everyone dies rather than be taken a prisoner. There was a sense of urgency and real danger. In this episode most people just seemed to chill... Granted there were a few scenes where it was clear the battle was in everyone's mind, but there was very little tension holding the episode together, which is what I think was missing.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:05 am

M99 wrote:
LMAOOOOOO I can't believe I called it. Meanwhile in USA

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* Achxpqmd2qt21

Not gonna lie, I had to pause and check her age to make sure that scene was appropriate or if the FBI would be knocking on my door later. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Glory Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:21 pm

El Gunner wrote:It was nice that they tried to focus more on the characters for the episode, but at this point I think they are well too far gone in making good reasonable authentic character work and dialogue on that level. A lot of it felt forced and meh.

I enjoyed the Brienne scene though, that was lovely. And I am happy Sansa and Dany are still at odds.

Don't think Bran will die.

Well to each is own I guess.
The dialogues are not up to the level of first 4 seasons, true. But then I don’t think it’s fair to expect a couple of Hollywood plebs to recreate the magic of GRRM’s lines now can we? Having said that the writing here is some of the best of the last 4 seasons I felt. I mean we were getting mind numbing crap like You need a good woman but a bad pussy Laughing compared to that, this is gold. Seems like they are at least trying, which is a good thing.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:39 pm

Jesus Christ the dialogue is getting more and more obnoxious

The only good scenes were the fireplace scenes interactions

The others apart from Reek/Sansa and Nightswatch felt very shallow, devoid of any direction

Hound/Beric

Little Mormont and Jorah

Gilly/Onion Knight

Its as if they just remembered they had these characters

And god that sex scene with Arya has had to be one of the worst, they destroyed her character, after the trials and tribulations she's been through, the hardships, not to trust anyone but herself. Fucks sake :facepalm:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:18 pm

Arya-Hound, Missandei-Greyworm scenes were poor. Other than that I don’t think any scenes were shallow. There was heart in them. Well, at least I felt like there was. Sansa-Theon scene especially was good. Nights watch scenes too. Again you can’t expect top class writing when you have run out of source material. In the last 3 seasons, they weren’t even trying. Now, they are bringing back some emotional connect before they kill off characters.

Arya-Gendry, well it was Arya who was taking the initiative and basically fking him rather than the other way around. It was her choice, So I don’t know how it ruins her arc of struggles and tribulations. One can argue it ruins the viewers’ perception of her. She is basically a little sister for GoT viewers. Grew up in front of our eyes from a little kid. So, it surely made a lot (including myself) uncomfortable, but I personally didnt feel it was out of character or anything.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:33 pm

“Jon is avoiding Dany the whole episode because this bombshell has been dropped on him and he can’t even process how to be in the same room with her. She senses a strange tension and can’t understand why. What really upsets Jon is that he’s a blood relative to the woman he’s in love with. In the crypt, Jon is taken aback when essentially the first thing she says is acknowledging that he has a claim to the Iron Throne. And Jon’s immediate concern is the fact that that’s her immediate concern. [Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke] play it beautifully. It’s a very difficult scene to pull off; so much has to go on behind the eyes. But then the horn blasts and the Army of the Dead are at the gates.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/04/21/game-of-thrones-bryan-cogman-knight-seven-kingdoms-interview/
Man if that was what was bothering Jon why open up with all the talk about secret marriage? Why not simply "I just found out my dad is not who I thought it was and we are related and I'm freaking out"?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:44 pm

Because Jon doesn't care about the throne, what he does care about is what kind of person is Daenerys. Everyone is telling him how she is all power hungry for Westeros, and Sam asks him if she would be willing to give up a crown like he did. This put it to the test.

Then he tells her and she immediately jumps into defense mode and questions the intentions of Sam and Bran. Had the situation been reversed Jon wouldn't give a damn about the throne or the crown. Remember that she had to have Jon kneel to her in order for her to give enough of a shit to fight a war against the dead. Nevermind that her dad/brother murdered Jon's dad, grandfather, and aunt, and she still claims that Jon owes him loyalty.

I've always disliked Dany because she is a giant hypocrite. Her whole thing is that "The throne is rightfully mine and I shall take it back from the usurpers". GTFO. Aegon took it by force, her dad was a madman who caused his own demise and her brother was an idiot who broke the kingdom in half. A few characters tell her that the only "right" is conquest and that she is just a foreigner invading Westeros with foreign forces.

Now we, Jon, and every other character is gonna find out if she is indeed "different" as she claims to be. At least since last season when she met Jon and Davos she has had to face her bullshit, and is finally growing and seeing things differently.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:15 pm

rincon wrote:Because Jon doesn't care about the throne, what he does care about is what kind of person is Daenerys. Everyone is telling him how she is all power hungry for Westeros, and Sam asks him if she would be willing to give up a crown like he did. This put it to the test.

I thought of that but the trouble I have with that is that I don't see Jon as one to play games or create tests in a relationship. He's never shown that kind of cunning before.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:29 pm

I don't think it's so cunning, everyone has been telling him to doubt Dany. Sam just spelled it out for him. It's normal that doubt exists and to want to see a reaction.

It isn't even playing games, Jon just told her the straight truth
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:48 pm

It’s so much in character that’s it’s almost too much if anything.

The perceived version of Ned whom Jon idolised would’ve done the same. Hopefully Jon has luck on his side.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:02 pm

Kaladin wrote:Jesus Christ the dialogue is getting more and more obnoxious

The only good scenes were the fireplace scenes interactions

The others apart from Reek/Sansa and Nightswatch felt very shallow, devoid of any direction

Hound/Beric

Little Mormont and Jorah

Gilly/Onion Knight

Its as if they just remembered they had these characters

And god that sex scene with Arya has had to be one of the worst, they destroyed her character, after the trials and tribulations she's been through, the hardships, not to trust anyone but herself. Fucks sake :facepalm:

Kinda also don't like what they are doing to Arya.
But I mean I could see it coming from a mile with what they did in the first episode.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:06 pm

I agree with @FReeza and @rincon regarding the Jon testing waters with Dany debate.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:58 pm

There's a theory going around that the Night King can raise the dead Starks in the crypts, so people in the crypts aren't safe... hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:59 pm

El Gunner wrote:There's a theory going around that the Night King can raise the dead Starks in the crypts, so people in the crypts aren't safe... hmm

Saw that

Think he'll need to touch them. But i don't think i believe in that theory. I do think crypts will be attacked via the secret tunnel bran has used in the past.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:15 am

I'm not sure about that theory. I've read a couple of theories around that.

One that if Brandon the Builder (existed and) built the wall and Storms End with magic, then the crypts that he built could have the same magic, preventing the walkers from coming in. So Bran wouldnt want to be in the crypts to break the spells.

Another one pointed to some book theories about the Starks being buried with iron swords precisely to prevent this. Dont know how that works, but apparently people the iron swords nullify the magic.

Then some point at the various times that they mention that the crypt is always freezing, even during summer. That and some visions/dreams seem to point to preserved Stark corpses rising.

Who knows.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:36 am

Just read another one that the Night King is actually about to land in King's Landing hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:36 am

El Gunner wrote:Just read another one that the Night King is actually about to land in King's Landing hmm

Discussed that few pages back with M99

That seems plausible.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:43 am

rincon wrote:I'm not sure about that theory. I've read a couple of theories around that.

One that if Brandon the Builder (existed and) built the wall and Storms End with magic, then the crypts that he built could have the same magic, preventing the walkers from coming in. So Bran wouldnt want to be in the crypts to break the spells.

Another one pointed to some book theories about the Starks being buried with iron swords precisely to prevent this. Dont know how that works, but apparently people the iron swords nullify the magic.

Then some point at the various times that they mention that the crypt is always freezing, even during summer. That and some visions/dreams seem to point to preserved Stark corpses rising.

Who knows.

I would not rely on books or lore for prediction. For instance, skeletons don't become wights in the books because you need use of your muscles to move. And they won't introduce the story of Bran The Builder now in the last four episodes. They really don't give a shit about lore any more. You had Tyrion saying "The North remembers what happens the last time dragons came here", that says it all.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:53 am

El Gunner wrote:Just read another one that the Night King is actually about to land in King's Landing hmm

I'd entertain this theory. hmm

Also nobody asked for a Arya sex scene. Dafuq.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am

Have the WW ever raised anyone who isn’t killed by them or a wight? Not to mention, bringing a Ned Stark and all back to life would be so cringe and idiotic at this point. Only one who can get away with something like that would be someone elite as Masashi Kishimoto, not some random jobbers called David and Dan.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:41 pm

Yeah the WW have brought back corpses. It's why the wildlings/watch burn their bodies now, the WW where raising their dead.

Ned Stark can't come back. All that's in the crypts is a box of his bones that the lannisters send. It's the older Starks that can come back.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:59 am

Yea I forgot that they are alluding to burn everyone now. So it automatically points to the fact that WW can raise any corpse, true.
As for the Crypt, read a theory that the dead Starks wouldn’t be arising as entities with real physical forms but as spirits with no shape or body. May be like that black smoke thing Melissandre birthed/raised to kill Renly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:56 am

Surely he dies now. pale

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:37 pm

Nah Davos won't die.

Also where is Melissandre? there has to be a reason they have kept her off screen.

I wonder if Jon will die again and she will revive him again?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:42 pm

That would be stupid though ^^
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next