Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

+7
McAgger
Kaladin
futbol
RealGunner
titosantill
Lord Awesome
farfan
11 posters

Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by farfan Wed May 20, 2015 7:42 am

the guy is only 59, yet his name completely vanished from the top of the sport . you never hear his name mentioned as a potential coach for any relevant team or NT.

that's the  man who lead Valencia to two consecutive CL finals and lost one on PKs  .
it's also the guy who was unfortunate to lose Serie A in the last match of the season  and then got eliminated from the CL the following year by away goals against Milan Laughing when both games were played in the same stadium .

he was only 48 when he got fired from inter and had a solid resume up to that point .

what went so wrong ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5496
Join date : 2013-05-29

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by farfan Tue May 26, 2015 12:59 pm

nobody cares Crying or Very sad
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5496
Join date : 2013-05-29

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by Lord Awesome Tue May 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Harshness of GL, bro. If it's not about their club then it's irrelevant.

On topic, I'm surprised I don't hear from him anymore. The guy seemed organized and whatnot. Surely someone would want his managerial abilities.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 6016
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by titosantill Tue May 26, 2015 1:10 pm

i think his reputation for being extremely defensive and volatile nature with star players might have warded clubs away from him. there was a famous inter game in i think the 02/03 season where they needed a win and where drawin nil nil or 1-1 (the days when inter where notorious for throwing the serie a title away at closing stages), and he had a new youngster in obafemi martins, recoba, crespo all on the bench yet brought on a defender to replace vieri (if i'm not mistaken, can't remember who started that game), well they ended up with only a point and lost the title to juve eventually

i think him and ronaldo (phenomeno) also had some issues before we signed him. his valencia side was tough, they built a defensive reputation under him, but yeah i think many owners don't like his style, the rich clubs in football, especially the new rich ones always want some substance as well as wins. that whole tactical manager under the serie a mould of the 80s to 2000s doesn't seem popular anymore. could also be the reason for not so many brilliant defenders in the game

he was similar to a capello, but i mean if you had an option between those two, you'll always go for capello
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4823
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Never heard of him in my life

BC might know
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by futbol Tue May 26, 2015 1:26 pm

RealGunner wrote:Never heard of him in my life


He kicked Arsenal out of the CL in 2001. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11243
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by RealGunner Tue May 26, 2015 2:17 pm

I was like 2 then
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by farfan Tue May 26, 2015 2:20 pm

i'm surprised BC and Robes aren't all over this thread hmm

i was expecting some long stories and anecdotes from his time at Inter ffs .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5496
Join date : 2013-05-29

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by Kaladin Tue May 26, 2015 2:24 pm

inb4 Robes: "I remind , cuper lose serie a until last day, as well milan proceed to final because of 1-1 away rule ffs"
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24579
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by farfan Tue May 26, 2015 2:29 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:inb4 Robes: "I remind , cuper lose serie a until last day, as well milan proceed to final because of 1-1 away rule ffs"


rofl
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5496
Join date : 2013-05-29

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by McAgger Tue May 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Robes is the best poster in GL brev. It's not very close imo. Molenation
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28303
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 106

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by M99 Tue May 26, 2015 2:31 pm

Ronaldo ruined his career tbh.

Head coach of Egypt now hmm What he did with Valencia was truly amazing, I guess Inter was contagious. Staying there turned him to shit too.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30386
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 100

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by farfan Tue May 26, 2015 2:35 pm

i remember back when Ronaldo wouldn't shut up about how bad Cuper is long after he left inter .

Cuper should've sued him for defamation . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5496
Join date : 2013-05-29

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by guest_07 Tue May 26, 2015 8:33 pm

he start as coach for egypt with the winning note, 2-0 win over equatorial guinea

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1926
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by Robespierre Wed May 27, 2015 1:38 am

Not just Arsenal kicked in 2001 with Valencia, he destroyed the Arsenal of Invincibles at Higbury 2003 for 0-3 ( Cruz, Van der Meyde and  Birmingham City/League Cup legend Obafemi Martins) hmm It was one of his last matches as Inter manager ,  he will be sacked after it.

He was a great coach but incredibly unlucky.
Football is often sliding doors, and he missed 3 sliding doors with Valencia and Inter who could make him as one of greatest managers of last 20 years ... And instead, who cares of him now.
We were kncoked out also in Uefa Cup '02 semifinal for an own goal besides.

His football wasn't so beautiful but effective ( probably Valencia fans will remind him also for that catenaccio who gave us the semi-final CL 2002 2003 with Toldo prime Yascin-esque performance ) , he always played only with 4 - 4 - 2 .

His 2 main negative stains as manager was the bad relationship with Ronaldo .. still Ronaldo talks badly about him ...  and the Seedorf's s seling. Yes, he was sold because of Hector Cuper ,    Seedorf played as winger because Cuper was so fundamentalist for 4-4-2  and so he preferred to swap him with Coco Proud
After Inter sack his career ended basically. Because he played average teams and the results weren't good.

But it wasn't just this . He was investigated for fixing matches in 2011, Camorra gave him 200' 000 euro to fix matches of Spanish Liga and Argentinian league 2006-2007 and he was charged also for laundering dirty money

So he has other things  to think more than football atm probably

M99 wrote:Ronaldo ruined his career tbh.

Head coach of Egypt now hmm What he did with Valencia was truly amazing, I guess Inter was contagious. Staying there turned him to shit too.


Valencia won after him with Benitez ( as us with Mancini tbf), and he got with Inter the same results than got with Valencia.

Very close to win , but not won .

So probably it was also because of Cuper . Bottler DNA . And I respect him but these are the facts.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17072
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by guest_07 Wed May 27, 2015 1:46 am

Robespierre wrote:Not just Arsenal kicked in 2001 with Valencia, he destroyed the Arsenal of Invincibles at Higbury 2003 for 0-3 ( Cruz, Van der Meyde and  Birmingham City/League Cup legend Obafemi Martins) hmm It was one of his last matches as Inter manager ,  he will be sacked after it.

He was a great coach but incredibly unlucky.
Football is often sliding doors, and he missed 3 sliding doors with Valencia and Inter who could make him as one of greatest managers of last 20 years ... And instead, who cares of him now.
We were kncoked out also in Uefa Cup '02 semifinal for an own goal besides.

His football wasn't so beautiful but effective ( probably Valencia fans will remind him also for that catenaccio who gave us the semi-final CL 2002 2003 with Toldo prime Yascin-esque performance ) , he always played only with 4 - 4 - 2 .

His 2 main negative stains as manager was the bad relationship with Ronaldo .. still Ronaldo talks badly about him ...  and the Seedorf's s seling. Yes, he was sold because of Hector Cuper ,    Seedorf played as winger because Cuper was so fundamentalist for 4-4-2  and so he preferred to swap him with Coco Proud
After Inter sack his career ended basically. Because he played average teams and the results weren't good.

But it wasn't just this . He was investigated for fixing matches in 2011, Camorra gave him 200' 000 euro to fix matches of Spanish Liga and Argentinian league 2006-2007 and he was charged also for laundering dirty money

So he has other things  to think more than football atm probably


meaning the match inter lost 1-5 to arsenal was not under him? then who replace him in that time?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1926
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by Robespierre Wed May 27, 2015 1:49 am

Zaccheroni was the manager of Inter-Arsenal 1-5. Cuper was already sacked.  Not a case just the manager of Lazio-Roma 1-5 could get that result lol
The worst thing about that result was we conceded 3 goals in last 5 minutes while that 0-3 was a dominant performance
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17072
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by guest_07 Wed May 27, 2015 1:52 am

Robespierre wrote:Zaccheroni was the manager of Inter-Arsenal 1-5. Cuper was already sacked.  Not a case just the manager of Lazio-Roma 1-5 could get that result lol
The worst thing about that result was we conceded 3 goals in last 5 minutes while that 0-3 was a dominant performance


why inter concede so much, lost concentration or morale down or arsenal aka henry unstoppable?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1926
Join date : 2013-10-15

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by Lord Spencer Wed May 27, 2015 3:26 am

It was inter being major bottlers.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4476
Join date : 2011-06-23

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by Robespierre Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 am

guest_07 wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Zaccheroni was the manager of Inter-Arsenal 1-5. Cuper was already sacked.  Not a case just the manager of Lazio-Roma 1-5 could get that result lol
The worst thing about that result was we conceded 3 goals in last 5 minutes while that 0-3 was a dominant performance


why inter concede so much, lost concentration or morale down or arsenal aka henry unstoppable?


It was the typical moment of chaos Istanbul2005-esque .

Arsenal was definitely better that year though , so Cuper got a massive result in first leg..  Maybe he 'd not have conceded this if he stayed , besides reasoning on  " head to head rule " ( not goal difference in CL group ) and we had same points than Arsenal after it with just 2 matches to miss.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17072
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ? Empty Re: Whatever happened to Hector Cuper ?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum