TheRedStag
stevieg8
nj
Fahim89
:{Mr.Mustachio!
22 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:47 pm

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24862199.html

Jeo cole house sold apparently was newly build last year.Maybe move on the cards soon? hope so.

paddyhoey paddyhoey
by JimBoardman
@robbohuyton Joe Cole's house sold http://bit.ly/qzjipJ
5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by RedAndWhiteArmy Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:52 am

Why would PSG want to sign Joe Cole?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022719/Liverpool-midfielder-Joe-Cole-PSG-target.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
RedAndWhiteArmy
RedAndWhiteArmy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:42 am

Real11 wrote:Why would PSG want to sign Joe Cole?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022719/Liverpool-midfielder-Joe-Cole-PSG-target.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Well, they're splashing the cash, but Daily Mail... No, I can't think why they'd be after Cole.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:59 am

Daily Mail better be right. Sad

I mean, I actually called them by their actual name. That's how much I mean it. Neutral
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:

Well, they're splashing the cash, but Daily Mail... No, I can't think why they'd be after Cole.
This.

As much i would like j cole to be shipped away from us, psg wont be the ones signing him as he fits none of their recruitment criterias
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Anything updates with Enrique?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:22 pm

The Enrique situation is very confusing. Granted, I have been working quite a bit this week, but I have no idea of the state of his supposed transfer. I've seen sources say that LFC are downplaying the rumors, while others are saying the fee has been agreed and the only thing holding the deal up are the players terms. These sources include multiple sources beyond twitter. Granted, none of the more reliable sources such as telegraph, guardian, lfc.tv, etc. have reported a deal. Still, it seems awfully wide spread and definite to be utter rubbish. scratch

To be clear I'm referring to the reports saying that we have agreed with NUFC for a 6m+2m in bonuses deal for the player.

CAn anyone shed any light on the situation?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:38 pm

people any word on Enrique?? & any new CB??
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:19 pm

Everything has been very quite about Enrique....I hope we finalize this, we can't let him get away like Clichy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:46 am

Enrique might be another Adam/Downing case. Negotiations the problem.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:43 am

Werder Bremen have said that they're open to offers for Mertesacker, who's on his final year. If we're buying a CB, this is an opportunity we should try to seize.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:14 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/aurelio-once-a-week-will-do-me

Seems like Aurelio thinks he may be able to play more games this year.

Even so, I still think we MUST purchase a LB.

It was clearly our weakest position and would be pretty unthinkable if we signed no one, especially when you consider the amount of money spent in other areas.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:45 pm

The main problem with signing Mertesacker is that he is sorely lacking in pace and we simply don't have any quick CBs to play alongside and cover him (Kelly could potentially do so, but he's still a bit young and seems to be seen as a RB now, unfortunately).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 am

Hyypia/Henchoz and/or Carragher never had the best of pace, so that wouldn't be too bad of an issue.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:41 pm

ynwa wrote:Hyypia/Henchoz and/or Carragher never had the best of pace, so that wouldn't be too bad of an issue.

well i would agree with Red on this issue because the game has changed to some extent with pacy wingers & strikers the game has become more fluent . .so a slightly pacy CB would be a brilliant addition to the team. & also in today's game it is at times necessary for the CBs to go forward n contribute to the attack . . no offense to the people mentioned they were brilliant . .but now i guess the game requires sthng different! Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Mertesaker was kinda meh last season and struggled for form.We can do better IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Mertesaker! Isn't he bit injury-prone! Good player though.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:54 pm

OllieHoltMirror Oliver Holt
by philmcnulty
Liverpool have renewed their interest in Birmingham central defender and Liverpool lad Scott Dann.
29 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:46 am

Let me clear something up: When I say I would like a CB with a bit of pace I don't mean we need one who can keep up with Walcott, just that I think we could use one that wouldn't get burned by Berbatov. Kelly, for example, is as pacy a defender as I'd hope for and he's certainly not going to be beating many in sprints.

Mertesacker is a brilliant defender IMO and I rate him very highly. I just don't know how well he'd do in the PL with the high line we're playing under Dalglish. I'd still take Mertesacker over Dann any day of the week.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:11 am

Wait. Was the 6m bid (2m add ons) for Enrique accepted or was it just a rumour? ._.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:16 am

Scott Dann to be a Red in next days

Liverpool are set to continue their pre-season spending spree by signing Birmingham centre-half Scott Dann for £8million.

The 24-year-old Liverpool-born defender could become the club's fifth summer signing but the first in defence after the arrivals of midfielders Stewart Downing, Charlie Adam and Jordan Henderson.

Birmingham would like to keep him but after their relegation to the Championship and their current financial predicament the chances of that are next to none so he will go to the highest bidder and that could be Liverpool.

Dalglish has been hit by injuries to key defenders in a pre-season campaign that has seen them ship goals with both Martin Skrtel and Glen Johnson picking up injuries.

Source: Setanta, Liverpool FC

Redoranje won't be happy about this.

But then again, Enrique was 95 percent official.

Is it the fact that he is a Liverpudlian? I haven't seen enough about him to comment but despite Red's rating of him I can take solace in the fact that Comoli and Kenny are calculative in their signings.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 am

^ Not many will be too happy. How reliable is the link? Should of went for Cahill. Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:11 pm

No offense Setanta is crap ! ! so won't really bank on that . .but then again you never know what might come up . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Hopefully we can wrap up Dann and Enrique before the Sunderland game.Would be delighted with that Dann is really underrated.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:52 pm

with just three days remaining till the game . .i really don't see any of the transfers coming through . .at best Enrique might be done within the Arsenal game . .but i don't see anything definitive about Dann anywhere on the net . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:43 pm

People! wazzup! no noise from any1 for almost the last 24hrs! ! :O

any news on Dann or Enrique?

or is it anyone else being linked! . . .hope to hear from you all soon ! !
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next