McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 19 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:18 pm

Spoiler:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 19 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:33 pm

GRRM on the Nights King in the books.

As for the Night's King (the form I prefer), in the books he is a legendary figure, akin to Lann the Clever and Brandon the Builder, and no more likely to have survived to the present day than they have.

Interesting. It could be that the show just wanted to use give a name to the leader of the White Walkers because its more dramatic if the bad guy has a recognizable face so they appropriated "The Night's King" because it sounds cool.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:35 pm

therefore

Benjen = Lann the clever confirmed
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:55 pm

would make more sense for him to be Brandon the Builder actually .

and what would make even more sense is none of them really Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:15 pm

Anyone else noticed that Stannis was holding a scroll when he started talking to Davos about sending him there? Stannis = pink later writer confirmed
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:17 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Anyone else noticed that Stannis was holding a scroll when he started talking to Davos about sending him there? Stannis = pink later writer confirmed

Wouldn't Jon think it's a bit strange that Davos delivers him a letter from Stannis which after he reads it sees is from Ramsay Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:18 pm

He didn't give him the scroll though hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Quentyn Martell wrote:Oh
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:42 pm

M99 wrote:

LMAO
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:10 am

Chances of Daario confirming he is Euron in the finale?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:31 am

eeeh , 0 chance?

Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:04 am

Could this be For The Watch? The title makes be think it's Varys killing Kevan.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:42 am

I like Dante think Jon will be killed in the show. Despite the writers taking it on their own - stupid - path there are surely some things that even to them remain fundamental. I think the idea of death releasing him from his vows to the Watch is also tied up intimately to his demise and the writers would want to make use of that detail for the aftermath of his resurrection.

It's curious though that they have already sacrificed Shireen, who many thought might have been used by Melisandre to revive Jon. It could indeed suggest that perhaps it is Bran who intervenes for Jon instead but given that he also seems to be present at Theon's "sacrifice" it would appear that he's becoming too powerful too quickly in that scenario.

M99 wrote:

rofl rofl rofl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:41 pm

We can't ignore all the foreshadowing leading up to it . It's happening if you ask me . My secret fear is somehow they manage to mess it up .

Like , maybe there are problems on how he 'returns' , or the logistics of bringing him back . And it turns out he's just fataly wounded or something and then they lock him up or idk what . I wouldn't like that .

But that's like 5% , FTW i feel is like 95% . It's almost certain it will go down , you can see in many episodes the number of stary stares increases by the score . Last episode half of the NW weren't really looking at their Lord Commander , they were looking at a wildling really Laughing

So , with that said and having enjoyed this season overall , i have faith in the show to pull it off and gift us with scenes that will grand us infinite laughter when the shownlies see their wet dream getting recked.

As for how he comes back.. if he actually dies there and then , i am almost certain he will have warged into Ghost and head North , wandering but somehow finding Bran , probably because Bran will lead him there somehow. As for his body , that's the tricky part...

the people in the show who know Jon is a warg , are dead aren't they ?? The wildling warg with the hawk which i can't remember his name , Ygritte ... who else knew? Tormund most likely knows , if someone does something for Jon's body , my bet would be on him. Whatever the case, these are matters for next season , all that matters is that FTW happens , i waited so much for this . I really want to see it on the screen . I have hope because D&D said last scene of the season is a book scene and fk me if it's anything else . Nothing else can top this , so i am confident.

With all that being said , the logistics man . The logistics. What will happen to Jon's body and how . It's the show , you cannot have the character Jon looking like someone else once he's back . When Jon returns , he must be the same actor . Not sure how they are going to pull this off , but let's hope .

Maybe they have Ghost-Jon drag his body to Bloodraven lol , idk . Maybe they go with the Melisandre route , she finally realises who Jon is or something , heads to the wall and does something to bring him back . What was the point of her finding Thoros of Myr and explaining to her how he did what he did with Beric ? There are ways , but i can't for the life of me foresee what happens.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:53 pm

The only other option for the final scene, as a "book scene" would be Varys killing Kevan but they've given so little attention to Kevan thus far that it would lack any power, nor is there the same intrigue in the show about just where Varys is and what he's up to. For dramatic power it has to be the finale, unless they're suddenly going to bring Aegon's landing in out of left field. It would completely change things as the actors have suggested the final episode would but I feel that even for a pair of writers that chase shock value, they'd have at least dropped a hint that something like that was possible previously.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:31 pm

hmm. I do agree they have shown very little of Kevan for the show plebs to feel the importance of this . Perhaps it won't be enough , perhaps the finale manages to turn things around.. I also agree there should have been some hints about it , if they were going to reveal Aegon .

Honestly doe , the only legit alternative for the last scene being a book scene , is a hypothetical Aegon reveal really. No way anything else can match FTW . If this indeed happened , i wouldn't really mind .But since we have absolutely no clue whatsoever . I am inclined to expect FTW rather than anything else.

Also on Kevan , without Aegon on the show .. i am not sure if Varys is going to kill him . I doubt that even Varys is in King's Landing atm , i don't see how he can be there. Theoriticaly speaking , he probably has the time to return , but without Aegon and his masterplan being Daenerys.. i am not confident that it will be Varys , tbh .
I liked what i read somewhere on reddit , that Varys is heading to Dorne , to make an alliance with Doran for Daenerys and that Littlefinger is the one who will off Kevan , for his own plans . Not sure about Pycelle , no clue really .

With that said , there are question marks to be answered with Kevan dying . Maybe he will , maybe he doesn't . If they don't do it and they save it for next season , it loses all the momentum imho . Kevan has to die next episode , he didn't have much screen time as we know . Adding months between the gaps will only make it worse .

Anyway , why did you have to mention Aegon Sad

Now i want to see Aegon on the show and i won't Sad

How epic would it be though .. the scene is the sea and the beach , with nothing but nature around . Then suddenly there are sounds of people emerging from the sea , waters being disturbed.. a boat lands on the beach and a foot in black armor steps forward . As the camera moves up , there he is for a few seconds , Aegon in his full secret Targaryen armor and silver-blond hair moving in the wind , staring to the land .
Varys behind him , says , "welcome to Westeros , Aegon"  

credits

all that happen after FTW , damn i am going to be dissapointed now .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:41 pm

It would be epic but we'll probably never see it realised on the silver screen. Sad

Interesting idea, that it could be Baelish who does away with Kevan. I hadn't considered that they may alter that scene but I suppose it is possible. I think it has to be included at some point to create the necessary power vacuum that will fuel whatever Martin has in mind for King's Landing next. If they exclude Aegon however they can probably postpone the creation of the vacuum though which conveniently accompanies the invasion of Westeros and wait until they finally send Dany over. If they do stick with the book timeline though it could well be Littlefinger who kills Kevan as he thrives on chaos. I feel it wouldn't be as powerful as in the books though. In the books, Varys does what he must for the good of the realm but one can sense that he respects Kevan as a man - hence entertaining him in conversation - but acts from responsibility. If it's Littlefinger who kills him then the scene changes dramatically from an event that is necessary for the good of the people to good for Team Baelish.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:37 pm

I think they'll keep Kevan for longer than in the books. They've realised the mistake of weakening the lannisters too much as it's in the books, and keep him until the final Lannister's demise.

Also, why is everyone so convinced Jon will dye? I'm 90% sure he won't. Did GRRM say he's dead?

Btw, what does FTW mean Dante?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:54 pm

FTW , means For The Watch .

It's the line from the books , when Jon was stabbed .

As for if Jon is going to be deaded . I won't deny that i have my fears that maybe it doesn't happen. But honestly , i am more positive he's going to die than not.

When i say , die , i mean he will die only temporarily . Not die for good . I don't think having him mortaly wounded will have much of an impact here , i think Jon actually dying there is the only way to go. As to how he will return on s6 , that's a different story .

And Martin was asked once about Jon and he said 'oh you think he's dead don't you? ' . Meaning , Jon will be back anyway . So with that in mind , having him just wounded would be meh and in any case , as far as i am concerned , Jon is dead in the books . Even the official ASOIAF ap , which Martin has said it's canon , has Jon as dead iirc. He was described as dying in the books anyway , i am not sure how they can change something so important. All of the really big events / deaths have stayed pretty much the same .

Having him get recked with multiple stabs , lying in a pool of blood and moments later credits falling.. that would send some chills down to some spines. Just being severely injured... hmm , it won't be the same.

Good point on Kevan though. I kinda wish he makes it to next season , but his death next season won't be the same as in the finale . As i said , adding months between the gaps he shows up in the show will only going to make the impact of it all .. feel less . It's not like Kevan will have several minutes on the screen either way , even if he survives for next season , at best he will get Pycelle-amount-of-time.. or something like that. But yeah, here' wishing Kevan makes it , Kevan you show them m8 Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:07 pm

Kevan has to die so Cercei can take over again. Someone needs to kill Tommen off aswell to take power of the Tyrells Proud

#teamcercei
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:36 pm

This episode will be super packed, only 62 minutes and ALL storylines are confirmed to be in it.

- Walk of Shame
- Varys' reappearance
- Margaery released
- Robert Strong reveal
- Atleast the start of the Battle of Winterfell
- Arya killing Meryn Trant
- Dorne scene, hopefully Doran's fire & blood speech
- Daznak's aftermath, possibly Viserion/Rhaegal released
- Dany in the Dothraki Sea
- Sansa/Theon escape

Oh my...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:21 pm

M99 wrote:Could this be For The Watch? The title makes be think it's Varys killing Kevan.

That soundtrack would be wasted on someone like kevan. I highly doubt show watchers will even care if kevan dies.

That's 100% going to be played while camera is on Jon's dead body. Dreading that scene Sad

Also, we will finally know Syrio's fate when Arya confronts Trant.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm

I am done talking about books in the other thread so

@M99. I absolutely love book Brienne. One of my favourite POVs. But I can't stand the show Brienne. Specially since she is 100% going to kill Stannis. And her arc has been terrible.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:15 pm

well i beg to differ on her killing Stannis on the show .

I am willing to bet an entire year's sig on this actually , for next season cause lol , none of the 2 will be dead by the finale. First of all , Stannis ain't goin to die this season , no matter what they show on screen in the upcoming battle . If he dies it will be next season. As for Brienne , i expect her to die saving someone , not trying to kill someone .

And more important than anything else , this is GoT. No way Brienne is the one to avenge Renly , she will probably learn about it somewhere , having nothing to do with it , or be dead by the time Stannis die . Stannis is one of the main-plot characters , no way Brienne kills him because of Renly , nobody would even care , i doubt anybody would care in the books even.

All this supposed show-foreshadowing that Brienne will kill Stannis is just a red hearing imho , to make the shock of her up coming death that much more shocking . How many times a character said "i am so guna do dis' and gets fkd later on ?? Honestly , Brienne will fullfil her arc , save that one person she's meant to save and fullfil her ideals and then die . Probably some miserable and unexpected death that won't hurt Stannis , not by a long shot .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 pm

http://41.media.tumblr.com/6c317e1cb7bdfee3c0bcb6d3c6c38ffd/tumblr_npsfduOD0N1qis07wo1_1280.jpg

Jon seeing Wun Wun smash Olly (hopefully)
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:51 pm

You know what. I really hope Jon survives. I wan't to keep that stabbing bit for books only. It's like our special books thing Proud

He can live happily in the show marrying Daenerys n shit.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next