McAgger
Jonathan28
zigra
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 18 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by zigra Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 2:35

Reading various forums I'd say most Unsullied expect Olly to try something next episode. Hard to miss the ton of death stares tbh. Some expect him to kill Gilly (Sam), but most seem to think he'll try Jon. Don't know if they expect him to succeed though. Actually I don't think too many do.

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 18 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 2:44

Bowen Marsh and the others who attack Jon are really uneducated idiots. Atleast Olly is a kid who can't think things through, but I still hope Bowen Marsh and Yarwick join in the attack and shout "For the Watch"

This end of season is going to be really bleak, I've listened to the soundtracks that have come out and they are all so depressing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 2:49

RealGunner wrote:Hmm that makes sense.

Think we will get the best reaction since the red wedding?

oh definitely.

Oberyn and Ned deaths will be nothing compared to this , i am pretty sure. I've been reading and hearing opinions about how cool Jon became and how people find him to be their favourite / really likeable these days. It won't match the Red Wedding because the material isn't quite up there to really match the Red Wedding reactions , but it will be right up there at 2nd place.

There will be rage and tears galore and i can't wait Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 2:52

I am going to watch it live on a stream lol.

They really shouldn't have focused too much on Olly. It takes the shock factor away because as Zigra said, some have already realised he will do something.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:01

People will be quite mad if there's no foreshadowing of him surviving/coming back Laughing
There are really not too many left too root for at this point. You either like team Dany or... hope for Sansa and a boy living under a tree hmm

Or you join team20goodmen Proud
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:05

looooool. Team Cersei all the way. Sir Robert Strong Molenation

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:06

urbaNRoots wrote:Bowen Marsh and the others who attack Jon are really uneducated idiots. Atleast Olly is a kid who can't think things through, but I still hope Bowen Marsh and Yarwick join in the attack and shout "For the Watch"

This end of season is going to be really bleak, I've listened to the soundtracks that have come out and they are all so depressing.

tbh , i hate the Olly and the Olly stuff , but you are right about him. As for the rest , i said what i think , uneducated idiots and what not , if we could read their POVs , it would be a lot easier to understand why they did this.

They do not think as a leader does , in this case Jon . They think as servants of an abstract and hollow idea that the NW is which has become their miserable life. Everything terrible that has befallen them , has wildlings in it , at least to most of the dudes who had a hand in FTW . When Jon is so pro active in favor of the wildlings , after all the time he spent with them?

All they see is a traitor and young kid who is surely unfit to command. They feel he's destroying the NW and their lives too with his command and they surely don't give two shits what happens to the wildlings , no matter what they know about leadership and especially the WW .

What they actually did to Jon , i am pretty sure about this tbh , was the end of the NW. Jon was their last hope and they suicided . IDK when Jon will walk again , how soon in the story and how it will work itself out , but i am positive by the time Jon returns , the NW as we knew it will be no more .

Remember what Ned Stark said , a wall is as strong as the men guarding it , or something like that anyway. The NW is severely depleted and after the fight between the wildlings and them is over , there will be but remnants scattered all over .

I am pretty sure the magics that make the wall unbreachable by WW depend on the NW guarding it . After FTW , well , you can see where this goes. No Jon ; no NW ; no Wall magics ; WW will go through ; shit's about to go down fo real at Castle Black

Last edited by Dante on Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:11; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:09

I just realised that the show barely talks about warging. I don't think Jon is a warg in the show at all and neither are Arya, Sansa or Robb.

If they are going to kill Jon, then what next lol?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:36

1. Night's King , with things going as i said (although i didn't really have in mind the Night's King bringing back Jon) . Other than that , everything leads to WW passing through the wall anyway and the Night's King resurrects Jon , to what end , i couldn't say.

2. Something to do with Bran . Maybe they haven't yet made it a point , but it's either the Night's King , or Jon can actually warg Ghost even if it is with Bran's help or something.  

3. Possibly Melisandre but idk . People theorised about with Shireen in mind , now that's out of the question for the show. Maybe she sacrifices Sansa at the wall by next season , who knows with the show really Laughing

but nah , i think it's either the Night's King , or something to do with Bran and Ghost. I can't really decide , but if i had to guess , i'd bet on Bran and Ghost . The Night's King doesn't resurrect like the lord of light , he resurrects zombies really. Jon is special and they made note of that in ep 8 , but i could never tell what would happen if the N.King happened to be in such a position. Nothing tells us he can actually resurrect Jon and not just his corpse. But we know Coldhands , probably Bloodraven knows the way to do this. Jon becoming like Coldhands , that's something that could be on the cards maybe , either this happens or it's Melisandre that does it , somehow.

Obviously there's no Coldhands in the show... so idk really. It seems Melisandre will be necessary for it , but before that , i do expect Jon to warg into Ghost this way or the other , both books and show, regardless of the way he gets back.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:41

There is a possibility that Stannis gets killed by Brienne/Ramsay and Mel prays to Rh'llor about resurrecting AA. Instead of resurrecting Stannis, Jon revives.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 3:54

4th option: he survives the attempt. Shocking I know.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 5:01

BarrileteCosmico wrote:4th option: he survives the attempt. Shocking I know.

get out Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 8:38

I wonder who will join Olly. Bowen Marsh, Othell Yarwyck, the other crows giving deaths stares last episode. I like show Alliser a lot. He seems to respect Jon a lot. His "you have a good heart" line is basically him telling Jon you are a good guy who did the right thing but people don't like the right thing.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 16:35

I hope he simply survives the assassination attempt. I'm not fond of this resurections (and even less if he simply dies). It's good that Catelyn is not in the show as a zombie, IMO it kinda sucks in the books.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 16:43

BarrileteCosmico wrote:4th option: he survives the attempt. Shocking I know.

u wot m8?? and miss out on all the tears and outrage ?? no , just no

Jon must die and without any more hints or foreshadowing like Sam's . I honestly cannot wait for that moment Laughing , even though i like Jon .

free_cat wrote:I hope he simply survives the assassination attempt. I'm not fond of this resurections (and even less if he simply dies). It's good that Catelyn is not in the show as a zombie, IMO it kinda sucks in the books.

I get where you're coming from , but that ship is gone really. You know and i know and everybody knows that it wasn't described as such in the books , he was dying right there. 'only the cold' line is all the confirmation i need really. I get what you say about people returning from the dead , i am not fond of it myself , but this is a special case really.

It needs to happen , for cases where the internet gets so hilarious are always special . I don't really agree with Lady Stoneheart though. I hated seeing her back , but that's because i never liked her in the first place. But i believe it made the story more cruel and gruesome with her entrance in it. And who knows what else is coming from there .

I still hate her , but i wish she was in the show. I guess you're right though , it's better that she isn't , because it will make Jon's death that much more special..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 17:10

I don't like bringing back the dead either. I really don't.

But survive the stabbing?

Problem for me is Jon isn't superman. Once upon a time Ygritte shot him with multiple arrows and he survived. Now he's going to survive multiple people stabbing him? He's still human. He shouldn't get away from situations like that more often than once. He has to die IMO.
Even if it means someone has to bring him back.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 17:26

Agreed on the excessive resurrections/fake deaths.

But Jon will die in my opinion, based on the final soundtrack I'm confident that the last scene of the season will be "For the Watch", and it will end with that cliffhanger with subtle hints that he may be brought back. I think in the show Bran will have to do something with his resurrection in S6 when he is re-introduced.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 18:25

zigra wrote:I don't like bringing back the dead either. I really don't.

But survive the stabbing?

Problem for me is Jon isn't superman. Once upon a time Ygritte shot him with multiple arrows and he survived.

That's the show. In the books he gets one arrow from her on his ankle and he is in injury for a long time, only gets healed around ADWD.

I do agree on him surviving is stupid. A Bran like coma I would not mind though.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 19:19

Oops. Sometimes confuse the two on minor details but something like that Embarassed
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 20:37

what BC said is actually a possibility. D&D have gone their way for a long time now. Eventhough they love their shock factors. I won't be surprised if Tormund or Wun Wun save Jon from the assassination.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:05

Via Reddit lmfao

https://i.imgur.com/R1jJpSU.png
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:13

lol , reddit is hilarious at times

but yes , Jon will die , there's no doubt in my mind. They love these tragedies , no way they change Jon's . This is one of the most vital pieces in the story , things will never be the same again at Castle Black , no matter how things unfold.

I still hold on to the thought that there will be no more NW as we knew it after Jon . If the WW are near , they are officially over without Jon , there's no doubt if you ask me.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:14

Both tracks seems to be for Cersei.

Can't see either for Jon.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:17

spoilerish pic from e10:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:18

i think it's the later
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 9 Jun 2015 - 21:18

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next