Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 13 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Fahim89 Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:15 pm

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 1h1 hour ago
My understanding on Memphis Depay is Liverpool & PSG are the only clubs to have held talks with him up to now. Obviously that could change.

:coffee: hmm Suspect pale affraid :brickwall:

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:11 am

Why are we so interested in Depay? Isn't that will be another signing like Markovic?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:29 am

Memphis scores goals and is much further in development than Markovic. He's better than Sterling. He would be a fantastic signing. He's the type of player you buy and find room for (even if it means selling Sterling).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:17 am

He's not better than Sterling lmao.

You guys saying it 1,000 times doesn't make it true.

He's a good young player that can explode into a world class player. He is better than Markovic, but why would you throw Markovic under the bus if you just splashed out 20m on him for the future? Not too mention we have Ibe, aswell.

Even if we didn't have Ibe/Markovic, we need proven quality in the final third. It's as simple as that. Signing kids again this summer just means our ambitions are still very low. Hopefully Klopp/Rafa addresses this issue in the summer..........
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 am

I don't see how Memphis Depay is better than Raheem, Ibe or Markovic? He is having a good season, but it's Dutch League (which is further down the rating than Portuguese League). Even if he is better than Raheem, Ibe or Markovic; it must be a marginal edge in certain area.

Memphis Depay, with his marginal advantages, isn't the upgrade we need to bounce back into Top Four. If the present squad is deemed inadequate, than any addition has to be clearly superior than the present squad members.

Also, I really don't like the idea of signing young, inexperienced kids (with what ever potential they may have) for shit-load of money. I would have entertained signing him if he was economical (Origi, Coutinho even Alberto). It's better to spend 30 million on a proven player than 20 million on a potent one.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 am

Red Alert wrote:He's not better than Sterling lmao.

He's a good young player that can explode into a world class player. He is better than Markovic, but why would you throw Markovic under the bus if you just splashed out 20m on him for the future? Not too mention we have Ibe, aswell.

Even if we didn't have Ibe/Markovic, we need proven quality in the final third. It's as simple as that. Signing kids again this summer just means our ambitions are still very low. Hopefully Klopp/Rafa addresses this issue in the summer..........

The only way we can get world-class players is if we can sign them young and/or from "lower" leagues. There will always be an element of risk about it, because we're not in the very top tier when it comes to how attractive we are to players.

Since Sterling is perhaps wanting out, we should be looking at Depay. Furthermore, I'm starting to have this feeling that Sterling is an early bloomer who doesn't develop to be world-class. His technique with the ball just doesn't convince me and you don't improve technically that much after turning 20. I would be tempted with a scenario of selling Sterling now that his value is high and replacing him with Depay.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:19 am

Well the thing that Depay does over Sterling is . . . score goals. So yes for me he is better. And please do remember the last time we bought the highest goal scorer from the Dutch League, so let's not underestimate it all too much Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:06 pm

I think a window that involves Memphis, Kondogbia and a proven striker (unless they plan on converting Memphis to striker which would be genius since he could be very similar to Suarez in that role actually) would be gold. Probably still need a thrifty RB and a back-up keeper (or someone to push Migs) but the bulk of our funds should go to ST and MC.

Red Alert wrote:He's not better than Sterling lmao.

lmfao...as though you saying he's not better makes it true. Anyone who has watched the two this year can see clear as day that Memphis is better.

Who is throwing either of them under the bus? There are a ton of angles to making a Memphis purchase that don't involve throwing any of those players 'under the bus'.

Memphis is putting up better goal scoring numbers as a winger than Suarez did as a striker even a year older. We need goals from everywhere and Memphis can provide that -- and it's not like he's just scored in the Eredivisie...he did it at the WC and in Europe also. Sterling is a fantastic young winger but he does not have the final product that Memphis does, and he certainly doesn't have anywhere near as good a shot.

Even if Memphis is a guy that won't be firing on all cylinders in his first season with Liverpool he's the type of guy that will turn into a world class player within a year or two like Suarez did.

The scoring in the Dutch league thing is a bit tired also. There are just as many examples of players that transitioned well if not more.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 pm

I'm actually more concerned and interested about who would be leaving.

Jones, Johnson, Toure, Gerrard would be leaving. So should Manquillo, Coates, Wisdom, Enrique, Alberto, Aspas, Borini, Balotelli and Lambert. A competent team can recoup E50 mil form this bunch.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:53 pm

iftikhar wrote:I'm actually more concerned and interested about who would be leaving.

Jones, Johnson, Toure, Gerrard would be leaving. So should Manquillo, Coates, Wisdom, Enrique, Alberto, Aspas, Borini, Balotelli and Lambert. A competent team can recoup E50 mil form this bunch.

Err, more like £20m.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Benteke, Depay, Ings & Milner

:coffee: hmm Thumbs up scratch Suspect pale affraid :brickwall:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:10 pm

we should keep Balotelli for one more season :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Benteke, Depay, Ings & Milner

:coffee: hmm Thumbs up scratch Suspect pale affraid :brickwall:

Ifthi posting from Fahims account,
I wont mind all of them plus Pjanic

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:13 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:we should keep Balotelli for one more season :coffee:

scratch Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:34 am

Are people really ok with the idea of going into next season without an experienced RB? Flanagan is an unknown given how long he's been out injured and Wisdom has played 1 match since the start of February.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:41 am

Honestly, if we sign Depay and a proven ST I'll be more than happy without an experienced RB.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:07 am

I just know I don't want Clyne.

Maybe Arsenal would sell Debuchy now that everyone's thrilled about Bellerin hmm

I wouldn't mind Elmohamady as a budget option if Hull go down.

Or then we're going to pay through the nose for Janmaat...

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:34 am

Hope Balotelli gets a chance under Klopp. Think Mario will thrive under him tbh.

RedOranje wrote:Are people really ok with the idea of going into next season without an experienced RB? Flanagan is an unknown given how long he's been out injured and Wisdom has played 1 match since the start of February.

We do need a RB, but surely you'd agree that there's bigger problems than a full back position right now?

El Cujo wrote:

lmfao...as though you saying he's not better makes it true. Anyone who has watched the two this year can see clear as day that Memphis is better.

Who is throwing either of them under the bus? There are a ton of angles to making a Memphis purchase that don't involve throwing any of those players 'under the bus'.

Memphis is putting up better goal scoring numbers as a winger than Suarez did as a striker even a year older. We need goals from everywhere and Memphis can provide that -- and it's not like he's just scored in the Eredivisie...he did it at the WC and in Europe also. Sterling is a fantastic young winger but he does not have the final product that Memphis does, and he certainly doesn't have anywhere near as good a shot.

Even if Memphis is a guy that won't be firing on all cylinders in his first season with Liverpool he's the type of guy that will turn into a world class player within a year or two like Suarez did.

The scoring in the Dutch league thing is a bit tired also. There are just as many examples of players that transitioned well if not more.

1. Yes. Anyone with a clear mind could see that Sterling (and the rest of the squad) has been mismanaged lmao. How many different positions has Raheem played this year? More than half of our players have underperformed. Or is that their fault now? Because it's clearly not Rodgers' problem.

2. What angles? We have to develop Sterling, Ibe, Markovic, Coutinho AND Depay? All at the same time? They won't make top 4. We need proven talent. It's as simple as that. We have enough kids.

3. Suarez was playing as a 10 for majority of his Ajax career, he was not a striker. In fact he wasn't even signed as a striker for Liverpool. Anyway, look. I'm not saying Depay is not good, or is not showing promising signs, I'm fully aware of his talent. But A) he's not an upgrade on Sterling, B) he's not a cheap option and C) we don't need him right now. It's as simple as that.

4. Suarez was always going to be world class. He has arguably the best mentatality / will / talent in the world. Depay can either turn into Robben, or a Chadli. It's a risk. He needs game time.

5. Where have I criticized the Eredivise? Lmao. With that said, how many of those have turned "world class"? lmao
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:08 am

I think all of the following are essential if we want to challenge for T4:

1. GK 2. RB 3. CM 4. ST
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:24 am

Nothing wrong with Mignolet

Essential for title (f*** top four honestly)

- Manager
- Striker
- Attacking midfielder (or put Coutinho back in midfield with Lucas box to box / Lucas anchor and get someone to play in the final third)
- CB

Apart from our full backs, we have quantity / depth. We need proven quality.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:31 am

RedOranje wrote:Are people really ok with the idea of going into next season without an experienced RB? Flanagan is an unknown given how long he's been out injured and Wisdom has played 1 match since the start of February.

Not at all expressed my concerns before in this post. But for now just shared the rumors that have been going around. And sadly no RB has been mentioned in the rumor mill.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:I'm actually more concerned and interested about who would be leaving.

Err, more like £20m.
Are you saying that we can't expect E5 mil a piece from Coates, Wisdom, Enrique, Alberto, Aspas, Borini and Lambert hmm
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Red Alert wrote:Hope Balotelli gets a chance under Klopp. Think Mario will thrive under him tbh.

We do need a RB, but surely you'd agree that there's bigger problems than a full back position right now?

El Cujo wrote:

1. Yes. Anyone with a clear mind could see that Sterling (and the rest of the squad) has been mismanaged lmao. How many different positions has Raheem played this year? More than half of our players have underperformed. Or is that their fault now? Because it's clearly not Rodgers' problem.

2. What angles? We have to develop Sterling, Ibe, Markovic, Coutinho AND Depay? All at the same time? They won't make top 4. We need proven talent. It's as simple as that. We have enough kids.

3. Suarez was playing as a 10 for majority of his Ajax career, he was not a striker. In fact he wasn't even signed as a striker for Liverpool. Anyway, look. I'm not saying Depay is not good, or is not showing promising signs, I'm fully aware of his talent. But A) he's not an upgrade on Sterling, B) he's not a cheap option and C) we don't need him right now. It's as simple as that.

4. Suarez was always going to be world class. He has arguably the best mentatality / will / talent in the world. Depay can either turn into Robben, or a Chadli. It's a risk. He needs game time.

5. Where have I criticized the Eredivise? Lmao. With that said, how many of those have turned "world class"? lmao

Balotelli thriving under the most "Pressing-orientated" manager in the world ? :lucas:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:22 pm

We need 2 strikers by the way...not 1.

Or 1 striker and one proven goalscorer (Even if it' from out-wide...kind of explains the Depay links).

Awful lack of goals in this team, and Sturridge is a luxury option until he proves his fitness again.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:07 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Err, more like £20m.
Are you saying that we can't expect E5 mil a piece from Coates, Wisdom, Enrique, Alberto, Aspas, Borini and Lambert hmm

Obviously not getting that much. We got reportedly £1.5m for Kelly, that's the kind of figure we'd be looking with Coates and Wisdom. Lambert is staying, I can't understand why people keep bringing him up on these lists. Borini could go for £5m-£10m, Alberto and Aspas for £2m-4m and Enrique anywhere between free and five million - although I don't know should we be looking to sell him, we've only got two left-backs.

The bottom line is that when you're selling unwanted scrubs, you won't get 50m, you will get peanuts.

Last edited by Art Morte on Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Get in there Origi lad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry