Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
Lex
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
44 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:56 pm

BREAKING via @JeffreyCarlisle: Steven Gerrard to join LA Galaxy (18-month pro-rated deal, $6m per year).

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer - Page 5 Empty Re: Breaking News: Gerrard to leave Liverpool in the Summer

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:10 pm

I'd rather bring in Kovacic as a replacement than Barkley.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:BREAKING via @JeffreyCarlisle: Steven Gerrard to join LA Galaxy (18-month pro-rated deal, $6m per year).

Would that mean he joins them in June?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I'd rather bring in Kovacic as a replacement than Barkley.

emre can ?? he has potential and i believe he can play deeper?. why not trust the lad.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:02 pm

is he going for New york city FcManchester City? or Ac Milan?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:18 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I'd rather bring in Kovacic as a replacement than Barkley.
given the boner Ancelotti has for him, that's a ling shot bro
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:45 am

RealGunner wrote:Carragher wants Liverpool to replace Gerrard with Barkley

thoughts?

Pretty sure that Barkley is an Evertonian through and through. I doubt very much he'd go to Liverpool of all places.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:07 am

In any case, Barkley is a superb talent but he doesn't know how to play football yet lol. I mean you can find cheaper players compared to that english premium you would pay for him, and get better.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 am

A) Carragher bringing up Barkley was a joke, he was trolling Everton...
B) Henderson needs to step up. He's been Gerrard's apprentice for 3 years now. Upgrade positions that need upgrading ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:30 am

man....that Gerrard 13 min interview was the toughest watch I've had for years.

He looked broken....I am broken.

This is awful.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:14 am

Natalie Portman wrote:https://vid.me/qCXE

Exclusive interview with .tv . Tough one to watch Sad

Jesus, it's winter, there's no pollen in the air, and I don't even suffer from hay fever.

So why am I sitting crying in front of a screen that shows Steven Gerrard?! silent

ffs do something
convince him to stay
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:49 am

Damn, I'll never get to see him in a Madrid kit.. Wanted him at Madrid more than any other player bar R9 Mad
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:14 am

Not sure how Henderson can step up much more than he already has. He already plays every position on the pitch, and does everything except score regularly which he shouldn't be relied on to do. If he were banging in goals on top of everything else he'd be one of the best players in the world. He definitely brings a ton of passion though, and right now he just needs more experience. I think it will be a bit easier for him to have influence on the pitch with Gerrard gone, too.

That said there is no replacing Stevie so I really hope people put that out of their minds. He is a very unique individual who has followed a very unique career path. You just don't see men like him in the world of money dominated sports anymore.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:22 am

Doesn't help when he's been wasted as a full back this season, but he needs to do A LOT more in the final third. Not just be more of a goal threat, but he needs to start being more creative in the final third too.

He has enough "experience". He's over 200 games now, and is approaching his prime... he's been playing for England a whole lot this season too. Think he has 20 caps now, with more than half of those from from last year.

He's ready to step up and do it, he's talented enough too. But he needs to start adding more "numbers" next to his name.

4 goals in the league last season where we scored over 100, and only 2 goals this season... it's not enough. Not from a player of his quality. He seems to just lose composure in the final third, which is a massive worry if he's the one that steps up to captain Liverpool (which is most likely considering he's vice and highly praised around the club).
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:35 am

Red Alert wrote:Doesn't help when he's been wasted as a full back this season, but he needs to do A LOT more in the final third. Not just be more of a goal threat, but he needs to start being more creative in the final third too.

He has enough "experience". He's over 200 games now, and is approaching his prime... he's been playing for England a whole lot this season too. Think he has 20 caps now, with more than half of those from from last year.

He's ready to step up and do it, he's talented enough too. But he needs to start adding more "numbers" next to his name.

4 goals in the league last season where we scored over 100, and only 2 goals this season... it's not enough. Not from a player of his quality. He seems to just lose composure in the final third, which is a massive worry if he's the one that steps up to captain Liverpool (which is most likely considering he's vice and highly praised around the club).

It's useless to bring up Henderson's goal tallies or ask him to be more creative, you cannot ask a player be something he's not. I don't think he'll ever score double digits in a Premier League season. His strength is to be a superb all-round player and that's what we should be happy with.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:32 am

lol NSFW, inappropiate language Laughing

Spoiler:
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Art Morte wrote:
It's useless to bring up Henderson's goal tallies or ask him to be more creative, you cannot ask a player be something he's not. I don't think he'll ever score double digits in a Premier League season. His strength is to be a superb all-round player and that's what we should be happy with.

Come on dude.

He's a box to box player. He's 24 now. He needs to start adding a lot more in the final third.

Those numbers are way not good enough. It doesn't really help his being managed like an idiot this season though. No idea why we're wasting him on the wing, but if he does play in the centre (where he's brilliant), and plays next to Lucas, he needs to step up his game.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:56 pm

MaraVilla wrote:lol NSFW, inappropiate language Laughing

Spoiler:

We aussies are good people. :coffee:

His video on the world cup is even better btw.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:40 pm

I think Henderson is already quite creative in the final third to be honest. He has more passes leading to shots on the team, per game, than anyone else and there are some very creative players on the team (he also leads the team in assists). He's also good at getting into scoring positions but he bottles them more often than not. I thought maybe he'd have a bit more composure this season, but he is still young. He has time to find that composure I definitely think he has the ability to be a 10 - 15 guy.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Come on dude.

He's a box to box player. He's 24 now. He needs to start adding a lot more in the final third.

Those numbers are way not good enough. It doesn't really help his being managed like an idiot this season though. No idea why we're wasting him on the wing, but if he does play in the centre (where he's brilliant), and plays next to Lucas, he needs to step up his game.

He scores or assists (more often assists) every 3 or 4 games and that's good enough for me. He contributes pretty much equally in all thirds of the pitch and that's what I want him doing, not asking him to do even more in attack, too.

When he's on the pitch he's, like, our 4th or 5th most attacking player. When I look at the 4th or 5th most attacking players at other top clubs, I'm looking at players like:

Willian. 1 goal + 2 assists this season, Henderson has 2 + 6.
Cazorla, 4 + 3.
Mata, 5 + 3.
Navas, 0 + 6.

Henderson holds his own against all of them in terms of goals + assists and provides a lot more in the middle and defensive third than any of them.

And like Cujo said above, Henderson is decently creative, his first-time passing in the final third can be very clever. He is not a dribbler so he relies a lot on that (first-time) passing for creativity, but he's doing all right. Although I don't think he'll be a 10-15 goals a season guy, like Cujo suggested.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:53 pm

And like Cujo said above, Henderson is decently creative, his first-time passing in the final third can be very clever. He is not a dribbler so he relies a lot on that (first-time) passing for creativity, but he's doing all right. Although I don't think he'll be a 10-15 goals a season guy, like Cujo suggested.

Sorry, it's meant to read 10 goals and 15 assists (so anywhere between 8 - 12 goals a season and 13 to 17 assists).

Like you said Henderson's best work is done off the ball. He has shown a great passing range, the ability to work with creative flicks, back heels and crosses. His set piece delivery is, IMO, the best on the team and it's another thing that will improve when Gerrard is no longer there (Sad). He just isn't a flashy player that most people love to look at and get giddy over because he doesn't do a lot of on the ball work. He's a lot like Klaassen for Ajax (though Klaassen is a better finisher, and a little less creative) and Klaassen is Ajax's best and most important player.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Although I don't think he'll be a 10-15 goals a season guy, like Cujo suggested.
10 goals may be Thumbs up

BTW, nicely put Arty :bow:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:30 pm

Hendo is amazing off the ball but he's way too meh on the ball for my liking to be able to shoulder any sort of creative responsibility in midfield. And I don't see Henderson changing to a world class technician overnight. So yeah I would love a Kovacic or someone similarly creative to come into our midfield.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Creativity doesn't need to mean on the ball skill. When he has the ball he knows what to do with it, and he's thinking about it before he gets there. There's a reason he fashions the most chances for our team in terms of passes that lead to shots on goal. Watch any of our games (especially the ones where he's playing out of best position in midfield). He doesn't spend a ton of time on the ball but he's making moves off the ball that require a creative and intelligent attacking mind. His flicks, passes and crosses are generally top notch and if he could get a bit of composure with his shooting he would have more goals (a testament to his offensive runs and positioning).

This is pointless though. Most people only equate dribbling and running with the ball as being offensively talented.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:55 pm

Stevie at 34 our top scorer and has carried us in the last 2 games Proud Molenation

1 more goal and he'll pass Robbie Fowler in our all time scoring list to go 5th.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 pm

What a time for Gerrard to score twice, to score our only goals in this FA cup game. *sigh*

We didn't do enough to keep him. I made my argument in the Liverpool section keeping him for his leadership, reputation and charisma, but just now he has even gone and single-handedly gotten us through to the next round.

We simply didn't do enough to keep him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next