Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 39 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Unique Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 pm

Arquitescu wrote:I don't assume we can win Unique given all of us LFC fans bar maybe Nishy who's been a pillar of positivity but given having less competitions streamlines our season, then it definitely brings us a more smooth pedestal to the Premier League.

And FA Cup is important based on your goals. Pep has the depth and team to go deep in all competitions.

We do not.

So yes based on our goals this obsolete cup that is the stuff of dreams for Millwall or Sunderland.

So yes it is well and truly beneath us at this stage.
so basically what your saying is you would dump your girlfriend because there’s a slim chance you could get a date with Megan Fox.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 39 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Unique Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:03 pm

In a few months time when city have the title in the bag and Liverpool are out of the champions league we will sit back watching the domestic cup finals thinking I wish Liverpool were playing today.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:35 am

If you would think that then your expectations don't match those of your manager. There's nothing comforting about winning the FA cup when your rivals are feasting on the league and CL trophies.

Play for those two because you're certainly strong enough to do so and forget about this mickey mouse trophy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:36 am

Have to agree with Unique there, Liverpool have not won a trophy in how many years now, 13? They are in no position to clown the FA Cup.

It's not like dropping out of the FA Cup gives you a real advantage, Liverpool could've easily played more first team players like City did as there's no midweek games and they would still have a normal weeks rest before the game next week.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:40 am

Except Liverpool doesn't have the same depth as City. If one of their key players gets injured, they are screwed.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:45 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Except Liverpool doesn't have the same depth as City. If one of their key players gets injured, they are screwed.

Injuries can happen any time, even in training. Not a valid excuse to drop out of a winnable competition.

Not all of the first team had to play for this game, they were playing against Wolves.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:10 am

You have a point, but ultimately it all boils down to how the manager sees it (and the fans as well). There are those who live for those competitions while others prefer to focus on more important trophies for some reason (lack of depth, lack of interest, ...).

All I know is, Liverpool wouldn't have saved themselves from being trolled hard by City fans if they had solely won the FA cup while City had won the double. They are strong enough now to not feel "too excited" to win it, and this regardless of how many years of drought they have in their repertoire.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 am

What's the point of flopping the FA Cup when you're inevitably going to lose out on the PL Laughing
Loserpool always Heart
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:55 am

Lovren got injured in the 6th minute, if that was Salah, Firmino, Mane or VVD, Unique you would be the first one to say why did Klopp not put out a C side for the cup.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:04 am

Lets be real here.

If Liverpool won the FA Cup, all the fans here acting like they don't care would party like Mole in Cornwall after Barca won the treble and probably fly to Italy to Arq's bunga bunga orgies.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:03 am

Wouldn't miss those tbf Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:25 am

Nishankly wrote:Lovren got injured in the 6th minute, if that was Salah, Firmino, Mane or VVD, Unique you would be the first one to say why did Klopp not put out a C side for the cup.
i would have understood more if this game was 3-4 days before the city game then it might have made more sense because if we had gone 10 clear of city then the title would have been ours but we lost the game and by doing so handed city the title.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:29 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:If you would think that then your expectations don't match those of your manager. There's nothing comforting about winning the FA cup when your rivals are feasting on the league and CL trophies.

Play for those two because you're certainly strong enough to do so and forget about this mickey mouse trophy.
i tell you whats worst. its watching your rivals feasting on the lge and CL trophy and we end up with nothing. i must be the last liverpool fan left that lives in the real world.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:54 am

I hate when fans say they dont care about domestic trophies because they're not prestigious enough. City, Utd and Arsenal are still in the competition and it's always a delight to finish above your rivals even if it's 'only' an FA cup

I, for one, care about Copa del Rey very much if it means we get to cuck Madrid or Atleti over
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 am

Myesyats wrote:I hate when fans say they dont care about domestic trophies because they're not prestigious enough. City, Utd and Arsenal are still in the competition and it's always a delight to finish above your rivals even if it's 'only' an FA cup

I, for one, care about Copa del Rey very much if it means we get to cuck Madrid or Atleti over
most of the liverpool fans on here are not english and not being english means they dont know how prestigous and famous the FA cup is.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:07 am

tbf I feel like even English fans born around my era (1990s) don't value the FA Cup in general nowadays. Growing up people did, but I feel like it's not given the same respect by people now.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 am

Unique wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:I don't assume we can win Unique given all of us LFC fans bar maybe Nishy who's been a pillar of positivity  but given having less competitions streamlines our season, then it definitely brings us a more smooth pedestal to the Premier League.

And FA Cup is important based on your goals. Pep has the depth and team to go deep in all competitions.

We do not.

So yes based on our goals this obsolete cup that is the stuff of dreams for Millwall or Sunderland.

So yes it is well and truly beneath us at this stage.
so basically what your saying is you would dump your girlfriend because there’s a slim chance you could get a date with Megan Fox.

Megan Fox ??? what year is it, 2006? Laughing

And there is a lot more than a slim chance. We haven't been in such great position in the league for over 30 years. This is a once in a lifetime shot!

And yea FA Cup is cute and all that, but it's just one nice evening out and you forget it almost immediately a week after.

I was delighted with the loss yesterday (Lovren injury aside). Given our UNIQUE situation now...
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 am

One thing is for sure though:

If we're to win the PL, Allison VVD and Robertson simply have to start and play every single minute of remaining 17 league matches.

The drop in quality when they don't is just too much.

If Klopp started any of them yesterday and they pulled a Lovren, he'd have deserved to be sent to guantanamo
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 am

El Gunner wrote:What's the point of flopping the FA Cup when you're inevitably going to lose out on the PL Laughing
Loserpool always Heart

Put your moneh where your mouth is.

$1000 bet ... I'm in !
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:32 am

Remember the good old cliche of "Winning trophies breed winning mentality nad surge you to become a more ruthless team." ??

I used to be an idiot who believe that. But then we saw Arsenal win 3 FA Cups in 4 years but absolutely NOTHING changed about their softness and MENTALITY.

fool me once, fool me twice, but you can't fool me three times !
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:57 am

Based on how Real Madrid are performing these days, I'd say winning a lot of trophies breeds complacency. Having people associate your club with ambition and a winning mentality is certainly a good thing, but that winning mentality has to be gradually passed on to a younger generation, otherwise it dies out with the old one.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Being 1st in the league did soften the blow significantly of being KO'd by Wolves but, like a certain Spanish side I know, should not be losing to a side like Wolves and should definitely be taking the FA Cup more seriously.

But no one would care if they win the league so it's all good.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:31 pm

Unique wrote:i tell you whats worst. its watching your rivals feasting on the lge and CL trophy and we end up with nothing. i must be the last liverpool fan left that lives in the real world.

Why do I feel you're terribly underrating Liverpool? Let's get one thing straight, your team has a lot of quality and it is, on paper, a CL and a league contender.

I don't think you're the last Liverpool fan who lives in the real world. I think you're the last Liverpool fan who still hasn't realized just how strong their favorite team is.

Now, football is unpredictable and you have a fair chance of finishing trophyless. But the great coach and quality you have in your team should be enough for you to raise your expectations from the Brendan Rodgers days and gun for the most prestigious titles in Europe.

You're way too good to be longing for a miserable trophy like the FA cup. Go all out for the CL and league. If you win them, great. If you don't, come back next year and try again.

and don't sell your stars for god's sake.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:40 pm

No matter what Unique wants to say and speak of how the FA Cup was respected in the 60s during his trips to the DW stadium, the times have changed and it is simply not really a priority for a top team especially one that lacks any form of depth that we do.

Arsenal won it as of recent, it did no favours and provided memories more for the stadium-goers and beyond that its a cup that has lost its shine no matter how much varnish is applied.

Nowhere it the joy and prestige it will provide us compared to the Premier League and of course the Champions League.

Not even close.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Exactly. Arsenal is a prime example of that. They have won it in recent times, yet all I can think of is that they haven't won the league since 2004.

It's certainly a trophy that a midtable team or a championship team would be on cloud 9 if they won it. But once you reach the strength of Liverpool and you find yourself sitting at the very top of the PL after 21 games, winning it should be at the bottom of your list of priorities.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:16 pm

https://twitter.com/IsMiseShane/status/1082380788321132544

Origi's terrific equaliser only resulted in this response by a usually excitable Kloppo.

No, that is not a serene smile, it is mere appreciation for a solid goal but neutrality to the outcome.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 43 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next