Sina
Chumlum
El Gunner
RealGunner
Jay29
23 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

European and Domestic Cups Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: European and Domestic Cups Thread

Post by REWB Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Monaco is a very, very hard team to play now.  They have the best defense in Ligue 1 after the slow start and only allowed 1 goal total in CL pool... they park the bus and counter attack like champs.  They started the season slow because a ton of players got sold + mentally, it was tough to swallow.  But now, they're rolling.  Since the end of September, they've won 7, drawn 6 and lost only 3 times with two of those being 1-0 losses.

Watch them regularly and they just wear you down now... they drew PSG in Paris and beat OM last night.  Should have beaten PSG in fact and the loss earlier to Lyon was one that was a lucky one for Lyon.  Tough to say the least.  Don't count your chickens.  They're style is exactly what Wenger does very poorly against:  Namely, they play like a Mourinho team tactically.

I get your point, but thats not really the type of team we struggle against too much. The real problem for arsenal are sides that press high up the field and have attacking midfielders that can hurt us, as we basically have no DM. you can sit back and try and hit us on the counter, fine, but if we play well, we usually create chances against teams who sit back. if we take our chances we will win, especially since this is a two legged tie.

the score will be tight though, i can tell. manaco have the best DM's in the business so they could nullify our midfield. but ill be shocked if we dont score atleast 2 goals, especially with the likes of walcott, ozil coming back.

Last edited by REWB on Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

European and Domestic Cups Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: European and Domestic Cups Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Your best shot would have been to draw us, so I'm happy banana
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:40 pm

I am also looking forward to some of the other big team draws.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Monaco is a very, very hard team
FFS dat exaggeration Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Chumlum wrote:We're going to get Monaco, and we're going to slaughter them. Then we'll upset a Spanish club in the quarters. Calling it now.

:fishing:

hmm
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:33 pm

tbh it would probably have been better for you to draw one of the top teams. That way, while going out, you could again have continued your usual 'if only... we could..' mindset Razz
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:
They're ugly to watch... but they don't give up goals.  Again, in 6 pool games against Leverkusen, Benfica and Zenit, they gave up 1 goal.  Granted, that first Leverkusen game was lucky.  But the others, they didn't give up but a handful of chances per game.  Against OM, they shut them down 1-0 last night (and OM atttacks a ton).  Against PSG recently... 1-1 in Paris.  

The tougher the team, the better they play because they can just sit back and counter.  Only get in trouble against the weaker sides because they have to attack and can't sit back... so they struggle there.  Berbatov, Kondogbia and Kurzawa are injured (will be back in Jan) so they're way too young and inexperienced to break organized defenses that play low and pack it in.

As long as Arsenal tries to attack Monaco... which they will...  Monaco will be very comfortable.  

Just telling you like it is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:00 pm

In January: Ramsey, Özil, Walcott, Alexis, Santi, Koscielny, Debuchy, Welbeck, Giroud, Arteta, Oxlade - all should be fit and healthy.

If we can't get past Monaco when we are near full strength, despite their supposedly almighty defense, then ...

Something something Champions League something something Ligue 1 something something.

Just telling you like it is.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:03 pm

I don't know about the others, but I do know for sure that Alexis will have a muscle strain injury by the end of January hmm

Just telling it as it is.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Much difference between 'should be' and 'will be', I see.

And thanks for that Hans, offsetting what little I might have done with the GL jinx. Top lad. Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:44 pm

And Monaco will have Berbatov, Kurzawa, Carvalho and Kondogbia back in January...  so they will be healthier than they've ever been all season as well.

We'll see.  Monaco are playing very well right now and they've changed a lot since the start of the season.  At first, Jardim wanted to play a high-line, possession-based, pressure system similar to Bielsa.  Didn't have the horses on defense and it failed miserably the first 6 weeks of the season.  Then he transitioned to catenaccio lol.  There is a happy medium there... but since catenaccio has gotten results, he's sticking to it.  

Went from bottom 4 in the league at the end of September to 6th place and climbing.  

Not saying that Monaco are better than Arsenal... but they are FAR from an easy opponent.  In fact, if they take an advantage into the 2nd leg, they win the tie imo.  Very good at managing leads against anyone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:49 pm

srigooner wrote:Much difference between 'should be' and 'will be', I see.

And thanks for that Hans, offsetting what little I might have done with the GL jinx. Top lad. Thumbs up

No biggie, but try to be more careful next time. Your post was about to make Arsenal's february treatment room look like a World War I sickbay had I not stepped in.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:16 pm

El Gunner wrote:

European and Domestic Cups Thread - Page 4 Homers-ego-mirror
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Nobody is taking anything away Sports. But you have to admit, compared to the other teams we could have drawn, this is the easiest draw. Let people enjoy a rare bit of luck, instead of pissing on their parade ffs. We can throw all the caution to the winds when the ties actually come around, which is still a good while away.

GoodGuyHans Proud

I have full faith in our back to back games between Boxing Day and the first week of January to knacker a fair few. We always have a player or two, who get stretchered off and kiss their season good bye in this period.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:16 pm

I am glad for once we got a better draw but there is no way we are crushing Monaco like they are Burnley.

Months before R16 so a lot can change as well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Early verdict:quite Happy with this draw

gonna watch some of their matches to know more

thanks for some info sportz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm

Monaco = play very ugly. Rely on defense. Other than Moutinho and Berbatov, rest of the forwards are extremely young and inconsistent. Ferreira-Carrasco, Bernardo Silva and Martial have been playing better of late though so it looks like the kids are developing on the attack.

Highly likely that they will park the bus and counter like they have throughout CL so far and against OM/PSG.

That said, they're playing ugly with talented players. So it's not like they get lucky when they do attack... they do it with skill.

Strange team. I wouldn't have expected them to play this way given their squad.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:I am glad for once we got a better draw but there is no way we are crushing Monaco like they are Burnley.

Months before R16 so a lot can change as well.

Yes :coffee: we can still buy Hummels, Reus, Pogba and Kondogbia (just to piss Monaco off)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Kondogbia has been very meh tbh... Monaco are playing better with Bakayoko starting. So you can have him lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Back to the future.
European and Domestic Cups Thread - Page 4 B46KWHHCMAIXn2_
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:26 pm

The years haven't been kind to Wenger Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:11 pm

I think Wenger looks pretty good for his age.

Could still make Lazio's youth squad
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:37 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:I think Wenger looks pretty good for his age.

Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:57 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:I think Wenger looks pretty good for his age.

Would be too young for them no?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:47 pm

My reaction to Monaco.

European and Domestic Cups Thread - Page 4 Giphy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:01 am

I thought the whole draw was pretty amicable overall... The only teams that wont be happy with their draws are Dortmund, Monaco, PSG, City and Chelsea.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next