Red Alert
Nishankly
iftikhar
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Liverpool vs. Southampton | Aug 17th 13:30 GMY - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Southampton | Aug 17th 13:30 GMY

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:22 am

Brief statistical overview of the fullbacks:

Touches:
Manquillo - 109
Johnson - 78

Passes:
Manquillo - 70
Johnson -  51

Passing Accuracy:
Manquillo - 85.7%
Johnson - 86.3%

Tackles:
Manquillo - 6
Johnson - 0

Interceptions:
Manquillo - 4
Johnson - 1

Clearances:
Manquillo - 5
Johnson - 3

Shots Blocked:
Manquillo - 1
Johnson - 0

Fouls Won:
Manquillo - 3
Johnson - 0

Fouls Conceded:
Manquillo - 1
Johnson - 1

Duels Won:
Manquillo - 11
Johnson - 4

Duels Lost:
Manquillo - 5
Johnson - 6

Aerially Duels Won:
Manquillo - 2
Johnson - 3

Aerial Duels Lost:
Manquillo - 1
Johnson - 0

Recoveries:
Manquillo - 5
Johnson - 4

Crosses (Successful):
Manquillo - 2 (0)
Johnson - 4 (0)

Shots (On Target):
Manquillo - 0 (0)
Johnson - 2 (0)

Dispossessed:
Manquillo - 1
Johnson - 1

Sources:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fixtures.html#s2014-m755306
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829516/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015-Liverpool-Southampton

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs. Southampton | Aug 17th 13:30 GMY - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool vs. Southampton | Aug 17th 13:30 GMY

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:51 am

rofl

Art and Red Alert do you still think Glen Johnson is the bestest, the most greatest, goodest, most realiabalest RB of all time? Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:32 am

Get this piece of chit Glen *bleep* Johnson outta this club lkhasf;lshf;h;wekhr;wehr;wh
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 am

Having watched the game, Manquillo needs to work on his positioning but neither fullback particularly convinced me.

I don't think either should be starting.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:49 am

Don't call me James wrote:rofl

Art and Red Alert do you still think Glen Johnson is the bestest, the most greatest, goodest, most realiabalest RB of all time? Laughing
Pretty sure no-one's said that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 am

Johnson should be our starting RB this season, imo. Let's see how it goes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:07 am

No way, Johnson at best should be a backup.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:35 am

mr-r34 wrote:No way, Johnson at best should be a backup.

In theory, yes. But even on his downfall he's still the best we have. Lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:08 am

I liked GJ in his good days...so I wont say that he should be or should not be a starting FB. I hope he keeps improving (motivated for a new contract or to find a good club after he leaves us and also because of the fear of being benched by new kids), like currently he had good days against Dortmund and Southampton compared to his recent shit performances.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Red Alert wrote:

Both Manquillo (who has played a grand total of 2 games for us) and Flanagan are better options. If we did a depth chart of our fullbacks he would be behind all of Enrique, Flanagan, Moreno and Manquillo.

It's a bit early to put Moreno ahead of Enrique. Moreno was far from convincing last year. Let him get his feet wet first. Enrique is solid.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:21 pm

Red Alert wrote:

How is he the best we have when Manquillo have played only 2 matches for us has clearly outperformed him in both matches. And the kid is 20.

Stealing a living. Been doing so since 2012.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:16 pm

This division of opinions between us in here on Skrtel and Johnson (me and Albert in favour of them, Hell Men Reds on the fence, I guess, the rest against) is getting funny - or pointless, maybe both x)

Anyway, we should let this thing lie already and just see what happens in the next few games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Johnson, I hated him last season but he seems to be improving again, watching last 2 games so I want him to get back to his best but as I said, if he doesnt improve enough, he has to go home.

Skrtel, I am ALL IN for him, he aint a leader but he is a good defender.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm

Please people I beg you don't use the phrase 'good defender' with Skrtel. Please Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:06 am

Agreed, he's better than good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am

Art Morte wrote:Agreed, he's better than good.

He's good. He's not better than good.  "Don't call me James" is just upset Martin's superior to Agger, and thus has to change his username. lmao

El Cujo wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Both Manquillo (who has played a grand total of 2 games for us) and Flanagan are better options. If we did a depth chart of our fullbacks he would be behind all of Enrique, Flanagan, Moreno and Manquillo.

It's a bit early to put Moreno ahead of Enrique. Moreno was far from convincing last year. Let him get his feet wet first. Enrique is solid.

Based on what?

Flanagan was decent. He was nothing spectacular. Take off your red tinted glasses, he's not good enough to be starting. Or we wouldn't have loaned Manquillo. As for Manquillo, he's doing no better than Flanagan. Keep in mind how Enrique was "the best full back Liverpool has ever had" according to some in his first initial 6 months here. You can't base a player on two f*cking games ffs. Not when he's showed nothing THAT spectacular as well.

Moreno is still a risk. He's a one season wonder so far. He can bring in some consistency, then sure, he's our best fullback hands down, but he's not even played a game for us yet ffs. Calm down.

Art Morte wrote:This division of opinions between us in here on Skrtel and Johnson (me and Albert in favour of them, Hell Men Reds on the fence, I guess, the rest against) is getting funny - or pointless, maybe both x)

Anyway, we should let this thing lie already and just see what happens in the next few games.

Sorry Art, but I'm on the "fence" too here.

We should of upgraded on both of them this past summer. They're decent, but they're not good enough to consistent players for a CL side. With that said, sick of them being targeted as scapegoats. Not when they're still the best we have ffs. (I personally rate Sakho as the best defender at the club, talking strictly for that right hand side.)

Don't call me James wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

How is he the best we have when Manquillo have played only 2 matches for us has clearly outperformed him in both matches. And the kid is 20.

Stealing a living. Been doing so since 2012.

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT HE'S DONE TO "CLEARLY OUTPERFORM" HIM JUST PLEASE.

Sick of your overrating bullshit. It keeps with everyone that signs just stop.

"Luis Alberto is better than Raheem Sterling, how is Sterling getting more minutes in."
"Ilori is the best defender at the club." (HE HASN'T EVEN PLAYED A GAME FOR US YET FFS.)
"Flanagan will be at the club for 10+ years." JUST STOP.
"We shouldnt sign Lovren" *A week after he's signed puts him as one of the best CBs in the world*

Calm down. Seriously. He's put in 2 games where he was decent. He wasn't good, he wasn't bad. He put in an inferior performance to Flanagan's last years, who's still wasn't good enough. Now I'm not saying he won't improve as he is 20, but stop making up bullshit to try and get your point across please.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:30 pm

I think that your post is pretty hypocritical. You are the complete opposite end of the spectrum and stick by players that have been playing like shit for a while now. On top of which your general rating of how players have done in a given season (Flanagan not good enough last year for example) is pretty poor, but that's just my opinion I guess.

Johnson and Skrtel shouldn't be starting for this team with who else we have available. If you actually read my post I didn't pencil Moreno in, either. But maybe that's asking too much.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 pm

What are you on about?

You're trying so hard to bring down Skrtel when he was the best CB at the club last year.

There's no full back better than Johnson at the club. On the right hand side anyway. Regardless of what you people claim. Or he would of been dropped long ago due to Flanagan being "superior" to him. I said Jon did fine last season, so not sure why you're putting words in my mouth. I said he wasn't good enough to be a consistent starter and that some of his performances were overrated due to the fact that he's a scouser and from the academy.  

I've called for both of them (Johnson AND Skrtel) to be replaced as long as the successor is better. As of right now, they're still the best players in their respected positions.

I read your post.

Maybe you should actually read your own post. Or would that be asking too much on my end?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 pm

yeah Flano can be a solid back up with his wages and Anfield love but he has to improve magically to be starter in BR's system...I hope he comes and performs even brighter compared to last season.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4