fatman123
Kuru
Cyborg
Pedram
guest7
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

James to flop? - Page 4 Empty Re: James to flop?

Post by Doc Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:47 am

On the topic of Di Maria, let's not pretend he didn't spent a considerable amount of time being inconsistent and having poor decision making. Even for the first 3 months into last season, he still was suffering from the aforementioned ailments and the majority of us with the exception of Hala, Mole and the Argentinians on the forum weren't in his corner. However, Di Maria has improved immensely from those dark days and has proven he can not only cut it in the ever demanding environment of Real Madrid but become honestly an essential part of the little Italian boy in Carlo's plan.

With that being said, Di Maria ain't Beyonce, he can be replaced just like anyone on this team bar the grounds keeper. Yes, he was extremely important in our UCL run but to say he was the sole reason for winning is really unfair to the other players that stepped up big time. Of course, I personally hope he stays as he brings a uniqueness to the midfield and I personally have a fondness for the mercurial.

On the topic of talent comparisons with James, Ozil and Di maria, why?! What exactly is the point? All three are very talented. Like literally, the only thing that genuinely separates them is the intangibles (which is hard to measure anyway you take it) and their physicality.

On a side note, nothing wrong with hyping a player you like, you're a fan ffs. You are suppose to do these things...

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:55 am

Doc wrote:On the topic of Di Maria, let's not pretend he didn't spent a considerable amount of time being inconsistent and having poor decision making. Even for the first 3 months into last season, he still was suffering from the aforementioned ailments and the majority of us with the exception of Hala, Mole and the Argentinians on the forum weren't in his corner. However, Di Maria has improved immensely from those dark days and has proven he can not only cut it in the ever demanding environment of Real Madrid but become honestly an essential part of the little Italian boy in Carlo's plan.

With that being said, Di Maria ain't Beyonce, he can be replaced just like anyone on this team bar the grounds keeper. Yes, he was extremely important in our UCL run but to say he was the sole reason for winning is really unfair to the other players that stepped up big time. Of course, I personally hope he stays as he brings a uniqueness to the midfield and I personally have a fondness for the mercurial.

On the topic of talent comparisons with James, Ozil and Di maria, why?! What exactly is the point? All three are very talented. Like literally, the only thing that genuinely separates them is the intangibles (which is hard to measure anyway you take it) and their physicality.

On a side note, nothing wrong with hyping a player you like, you're a fan ffs. You are suppose to do these things...

Well on pure football talent James and Ozil are ahead of Di Maria. But Di Maria's physical qualities are incredible, way ahead of Ozil's and also James'.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:14 pm

Don't agree with that. Di Maria has talent oozing out of his pores he's easily on their level talent wise.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:24 pm

i agree with zealous.....and, for all the talk of di maria's inconsistencies on right wing, he had only one sub-par season in that position imo, which was mourinho's last season, and that year, almost everyone on the team was terrible
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:29 pm

and for the record, i think the suggestion that james might flop is a little far fetched, whilst its true that he wasn't a necessity, i think carlo will do all he can to get the best out of the kid, especially with that price tag......a lot different from the kaka scenario, as kaka already had a couple of injuries before we signed him....i think milan knew what they were doing when they sold him to us, they got one up on us on that deal
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:40 am

Nobody in our team is irreplaceable well probably Ronaldo and his goals but everyone else are easily replaceable. So if someone was to leave it wouldn't be the be all end all and I think we learnt it the hard way(last summer). So hypothetically if both DiMaria and Khedira left it wouldn't be the end of the world as we brought in adequate players to replace them. We would obviously miss certain characteristics of these players the others don't possess but I am sure the new players have certain characteristics we wouldn't see with the replaced players either so it applies both ways. Just because they leave does not mean they were forced it just means situation changed and the players/player's families think that the grass is greener on the other side or they genuinely weren't in the coach's plans. It's not all black and wait.

I am of a believer that club>>> player (any) so if players think they can play hardball with the club the right thing to do is get rid of them before trouble ensues. According to reputable sources DiMaria wants a contract in the region of what Bale is getting and is using other offers of that amount to pressure the club into getting that much. Personally I doubt that because I believe he is not that kind of person. But if it was right then the club is doing the right thing to letting him go, footballing wise he deserves more than those forget on the same level but Real Madrid is not just a football club it's a brand so unless he contributes as much to the brand commercial wise as the ones he wants to get paid as it does not make sense to give him that much. Iker, Ronaldo and Bale are the poster boys of this club hence why they get as much as they do. We are starting to get the same problem with Varane and I would say the same in that instance as well

Khedira on the other hand is allegedly waiting out his contract to go free to whatever club he wants and that's in the best interest of him not the club so it would make sense to sell him before he can leave on a free next season

We are obviously going to continue with the 4-3-3 and since Carlo loved DiMaria he will try and get a similar player to play in his place even if he won't give as good performances. As long as we can maintain 'equilibrio' and win games that's the most important thing.

EDIT: I still think DiMaria will stay and am probably one of the handful of people who think so :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by treku Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Thumbs up

treku
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4