fatman123
Kuru
Cyborg
Pedram
guest7
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

James to flop? - Page 3 Empty Re: James to flop?

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 pm

nothing i mean nothing you guys say about potential or whatever, won't change the fact di maria>>>>james, di maria was giving motm performances 1 after the other in crucial games and i bet money if cr or bale was the ones dribbling 3-4 players at time and creating all that havoc, I can already imagine the hype, i mean you guys praise bale for playing like a donkey ffs Laughing, but can't acknowledge that di maria>cr and bale in latter part of the season and was the driving force to our success, how can i take half of you seriously Laughing

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 pm

ganso is right 95% didn't even know who james was before the WC and would have never picked him over di maria fact, now it funny to see all the james experts gauging how talented he is, when i have seen a lot of poster not knowing what position he even plays fact and lets not forget my personal favorite destroy a cl winning formation, to play a 4-2-3-1 that is shit and don't have the players for, all for the almighty james a player no one even care about until a month ago rofl, thank the heaven carlo isn't an idiot Smile
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:39 pm

We're not talking about Messi here bruh.. Di Maria isn't the end all be all.. Hamez can very well be better than him, its not far fetched at all

Like I said, Di Maria isn't good enough at his natural position.. That's why he might get sold.. He's not a better number 10 than Hamez, which is why we bought him
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:50 pm

rofl leswagg we have seen eye to eye before, but no one can convince me that james can become better than di maria, that is not a given and again BEFORE THE WC NO ONE EVEN CARED ABOUT HIM, why is that? cause he was doing bleep all at monaco and wasn't on anyone radar, WC proves nothing we bought ozil because of a WC too and then we sold him and won things funny how footy works, its not fifa the most everybody can hope for is that james won't slow down the team

Lastly i don't have a problem if you guys don't rate di maria or whatever but stop playing down his achievements has nothing its disgusting, no amount of james hype wont erase that bale and cr did nothing and di maria was the hero Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:19 pm

chad4401 wrote:rofl leswagg we have seen eye to eye before, but no one can convince me that james can become better than di maria, that is not a given and again BEFORE THE WC NO ONE EVEN CARED ABOUT HIM, why is that? cause he was doing bleep all at monaco and wasn't on anyone radar, WC proves nothing we bought ozil because of a WC too and then we sold him and won things funny how footy works, its not fifa the most everybody can hope for is that james won't slow down the team

Lastly i don't have a problem if you guys don't rate di maria or whatever but stop playing down his achievements has nothing its disgusting, no amount of james hype wont erase that bale and cr did nothing and di maria was the hero Proud

Ozil is a better player than Di Maria and our 2nd best during his time here. You're basically saying that Ozil was a flop ffs. Funny how Di Maria has gone from massively underrated to massively overrated. That's what the world cup is and that's why it's the biggest stage. Players make themselves known, get over it.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:00 pm

who said ozil flopped? stop making stuff and ozil is definitely one of those players that played a lot of rubbish games and got praised for a shoulder faint and a through ball, i have seen it enough times to how deluded you all are when it comes to hype/popular players,funny we won the cl when the underachievers like higuain(serial choker) and ozil gets sold Proud, hype means bleep all get over it
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 pm

His games against athletics and Barcelona were always fun to watch. While Di maria was a headless chicken most of the time
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:26 am

chad4401 wrote:who said ozil flopped? stop making stuff and ozil is definitely one of those players that played a lot of rubbish games and got praised for a shoulder faint and a through ball, i have seen it enough times to how deluded you all are when it comes to hype/popular players,funny we won the cl when the underachievers like higuain(serial choker) and ozil gets sold Proud, hype means bleep all get over it

"WC proves nothing we bought ozil because of a WC"

Laughing 
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:48 am

then we sold him and won the cl, is your comprehension level that of a preschooler?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:50 am

You would have still won the CL with Ozil. It's not like you specially won it after selling him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 am

RealGunner wrote:You would have still won the CL with Ozil. It's not like you specially won it after selling him.
That's not true,Di Maria would probably lose his spot and Madrid would still be playing like they were at the start of that season
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:55 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:His games against athletics and Barcelona were always fun to watch. While Di maria was a headless chicken most of the time

your acting di maria never ripped barca or athleti before either Rolling Eyes, ozil being fun to watch>winning the actual games Laughing, punch is obvious why your so pro james and falcao, stop acting like it all about the team your not fooling anyone
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:57 am

Ganso wrote:
RealGunner wrote:You would have still won the CL with Ozil. It's not like you specially won it after selling him.
That's not true,Di Maria would probably lose his spot and Madrid would still be playing like they were at the start of that season

Nah, Carlo made it clear that Ozil wasn't in his plans. had he stayed he would have just been another Isco or Jese. It's true neither was Di Maria but Carlo realised how important Di maria was. He would have used Di Maria either way Ozil or not Ozil.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:09 am

im not gonna outright deny that, but im pretty confident if we stuck with the 4-2-3-1 to accommodate ozil, then, our chances to get past super bayern would be next to 0,same weaknesses different coach, carlo passed on ozil for reason, and when carlo eventually switched to a 4-3-3/4-4-2 ozil wouldn't start anyway for tactical reasons, so even if we did win the CL he wouldn't have been a factor unless he transitioned to LCM/LAM+work rate, but this imo based on how preseason and the season went.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:09 am

RealGunner wrote:
Ganso wrote:

Nah, Carlo made it clear that Ozil wasn't in his plans. had he stayed he would have just been another Isco or Jese. It's true neither was Di Maria but Carlo realised how important Di maria was. He would have used Di Maria either way Ozil or not Ozil.
Oh, I got you wrong.Yeah,I agree,Ozil would be a great 12th man
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 am

RealGunner wrote:
Ganso wrote:

yeah agree on this, but don't get me wrong ozil is WC AM and i like him, im just not that big on popularity contests when it comes to contribution on the team, rather point out what was really going on, than the group fantasy circle jerking
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:30 am

chad4401 wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:His games against athletics and Barcelona were always fun to watch. While Di maria was a headless chicken most of the time

your acting di maria never ripped barca or athleti before either Rolling Eyes, ozil being fun to watch>winning the actual games Laughing, punch is obvious why your so pro james and falcao, stop acting like it all about the team your not fooling anyone

Maybe fun to watch wasn't the best way of putting it. Ozil to me always had great clasicos. His passes, goals, stats, etc.

Di Maria not as much. He was always a liability he had some great moments specifically ripping puyol a new one. I remember the frustration we would all have with him at RW during those times. Benzema would perform better than he did during those games. Di Maria's crosses, passes, decision making, running with his head down, over dribbling were things that annoyed me from him during his time at this club.

Carlo found a solution and accommodated him in the midfield those traits were no longer an issue. And I won't hesitate to eat humble pie and admit this.

If you question my loyalty to the team, I might as well question yours.
Your constant praising of Benzema while belittling Ronaldo and Bale is something to bring up.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:38 am

Like I said Di Maria has gone from massively underrated to massively overrated. In January the majority of the fans were calling him nutcase and headless chicken and were wanting his head.(chad especially)
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:11 am

Valkyrja wrote:Like I said Di Maria has gone from massively underrated to massively overrated. In January the majority of the fans were calling him nutcase and headless chicken and were wanting his head.(chad especially)

And they weren't wrong to do so.I was part of that group.
Di Maria's postion change was vital to our success.

People need to understand once Bale came Di Maria was supposed to see the bench which he did for a bit. Then our change to a 4-3-3, with Khedira's injury, and Isco and Illara scrubbing led to Di Maria's experiment in the mid. And it paid off beautifully.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:17 am

punch on di maria i agree completely he sucks at RW the odd assists or goals doesn't change the fact his play on the right side is meh, but he was always good on the left but cr plays there and that it, until LCM role he got consistent games on the left and exploded fact is fact.

cr best player on the team no doubt, but that doesn't excuse his wastefulness on the pitch, i hate that part of his game the guy took 320 shots to score 51 goals that awful fact, he ruined countless attacks and opportunities for others because of his ego, no one can deny this, we have all seen him blast the ball into defenders, than make a easy pass to an open player with a better shot Laughing, If he tighten up his decision making the team improves 10 folds cause he is the focal point, imo cr can be way more efficient with his play, he just chooses not too.

on bale when first started he was looking very complete, and then his form dipped, jese was goating and he started to feel the pressure, thrown away his collective game to glory hunt, that why he looked so rubbished in the finals and if madrid had lost those games he was gonna be the first to take the heat, but he scored 2 greats goals and all is forgotten yeah bs, and i like bale as well, but as i said before you guys all gloss over the facts cause hype.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:45 am

To make you guys feel even better here is my criticism of benzema, he is too safe with his shooting, his approach to low crosses that are not perfect is awful, he can't readjust his feet fast enough to deal with those, and needs to improve on how he can create separation from defenders, those are the faults i see in his game right now.

i think he has improved n9 play a lot and his headers are threatening now, he can fix his other issues but he needs to given more service, he is open half the time anyway let him try too it the only way to improve, but like the sevilla game showed he hardly got the ball no matter how opened he was which was a lot, just making runs after runs and no gives a shit, just criticize him for 1 or 2 shots he gets all game, that makes no sense to me
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:27 am

DiMaria was very one dimensional on the right wing. Would always cut in and cross, more often than not it wouldn't work and he kept losing the ball. Bale came in showed that he could use his right and dimaria was deservedly ousted from that position (transfer fee aside). He was then moved to the midfield and he had more options to pass to so he improved his pass accuracy by leap and bounds and it made him less predictable. So it was a good switch which also allowed us to address Ronaldo never trancking back

Ozil was w great player although it was frustrating to have to wait till Christmas until he really started to get going. He had problems being seen in physical games and his lack of tracking back was also a problem. Carlo tried him at RW but against Betis that left wingr really terrorised Carvajal because of Ozils lack of tracking so he was subbed out and put on the bench the next game to be taught a lesson. Ozil didn't like it and he left. His problem was that he became an expert of one position and unable to offer flexibility if things needed to change.

James cannot be called a flop after onr game but I feel he is restricted in the midfield, he doesn't have DiMaria's lungs to defend and attack all game like DiMaria so I feel with the expectations it's going to be hard for him to succeed there. I'd much rather see him in the front three where we could take advantage of his shots and crosses

Falcao is not needed. We need a back up striker yes but Falcao isn't the one. Jese is perfectly capable of bavking Benz and Ronaldo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:16 am

I appreciate all you guys feel strongly about certain players, I do too, but if you think that our squad isn't pretty freaking elite right now (even if we end up losing Angel) then you have issues.

Isco/James/Illarra will be able to replace Di Maria, Jese can play as a striker (it's probably his best position, hala will agree with me) and we're finally seeing Carlo build a coherent system that doesn't depend on putting wingers in midfield. I think that we can really develop our 4-4-2 into a really great fit for the players we have.

-----------------------Iker/Keylor----------------------
Carvajal/Arbeloa--Ramos--Varane/Pepe--Marcelo/Coentrao
Bale/James------Modric/Illarra--Xabi/Kroos-----James/Isco
-----------------------------------Ronaldo/Jese----------
---------------------Benzema/Jese-----------------------

For me that looks very good, especially if we develop a real system where every player is in their natural position.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:20 am

They won't replace Di Maria. He has a very unique role not easily replicated by any player I can think of. Carlo will have to change the system, and this is significant because in the previous system he was tactically the "key" man - ie the player the other coaches did not know exactly how to deal with due to his unusual movements.

So Carlo is off to find a team with balance yet again.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:33 am

Di Maria gave the midfield a lot of things that we wanted (high tempo, lots of movement) but we never really got what we needed (midfield superiority, control).

We never really dominated as many games as we should have and we got dominated way too many times for my liking even when Di Maria was playing.

He's a unique player in midfield and he really is fantastic. I've always been a fan of him even when half the forum wanted him gone in previous years but we can definitely get better overall and we can do it without Angel demanding a new contract every year.

If we get a 50-60 million that that's just good business imo considering our current model.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:47 pm

On the topic of Di Maria, let's not pretend he didn't spent a considerable amount of time being inconsistent and having poor decision making. Even for the first 3 months into last season, he still was suffering from the aforementioned ailments and the majority of us with the exception of Hala, Mole and the Argentinians on the forum weren't in his corner. However, Di Maria has improved immensely from those dark days and has proven he can not only cut it in the ever demanding environment of Real Madrid but become honestly an essential part of the little Italian boy in Carlo's plan.

With that being said, Di Maria ain't Beyonce, he can be replaced just like anyone on this team bar the grounds keeper. Yes, he was extremely important in our UCL run but to say he was the sole reason for winning is really unfair to the other players that stepped up big time. Of course, I personally hope he stays as he brings a uniqueness to the midfield and I personally have a fondness for the mercurial.

On the topic of talent comparisons with James, Ozil and Di maria, why?! What exactly is the point? All three are very talented. Like literally, the only thing that genuinely separates them is the intangibles (which is hard to measure anyway you take it) and their physicality.

On a side note, nothing wrong with hyping a player you like, you're a fan ffs. You are suppose to do these things...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next