sportsczy
REWB
Sina
Jay29
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by AnJl Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:41 am

REWB wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Remy is not even better than the likes of Theo or Poldi, leave that spot open for a true world class striker instead of wasting it on average players like him

agreed, no point in signing remy, when we have sanchez and walcott. you telling me remy is a better CF than sanchez? Laughing

Remy IS a better CF than Sanchez.

Sanchez is a better player, by far.

AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:49 am

@Urbi - I'm just banking on Flo wanting new shiny toys to flaunt, especially when the other rich kid in the nieghbourhood is just buying another toy.

Logically, La Decima winning team should only require minor tweaks (like Kroos) to set them on their way for the Liga title.

They are linked with Falcao, James, Kroos and Gustavo - so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Khedira and Di Maria on the market. Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:07 am

Yeah, RM signing Gustavo will only further annoy an already unsettled Khedira.

Marca say that RM want £32mil for him now;
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/07/real-madrid-willing-to-sell-sami-khedira-for-40m-should-arsenal/

I think that's a stupid price for an out of favour, central midfielder with as many limitations as Khedira does.

£20-25mil already sounds a little on the high side, I think Arsene will pay up to 25. Anything more would be rightfully declined.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

With the arrival of Alexis Sanchez at Arsenal now seemingly imminent, Sport, the Spanish daily, report that a private meeting in Brazil between the Arsenal manager and Chilean proved the decisive factor in the player’s future.
With offers from Liverpool, Juventus, AC Milan and others, the Barcelona forward had plenty of options, but after requesting a sit down with the player, the Arsenal manager worked his charms and convinced Sanchez that London, and the Emirates, would be the best place for him.

Sport say that Wenger gave the player the ‘love’ he needed, and assured him that he’d been following his progress since he was a young player, keeping tabs on him as he moved from South America to Udinese in Italy, and then on to Barcelona.
Having had a couple of days to reflect on the meeting, Sanchez told his agent, Fernando Felicevich, that his mind was made up and he wanted to join Arsenal. Having already laid some of the groundwork with Barcelona, Dick Law then put the rest of the deal in place knowing the player’s intentions and full agreement between the two clubs was made.

Yet it appears the manager’s personal touch is what swung things Arsenal’s way. It’s not the first time it’s happened either.
Mesut Ozil spoke about how a meeting with Wenger was what convinced him to join Arsenal last summer, and when Manchester United got Gary Neville to show a 17 year old Aaron Ramsey around their training ground, the Arsenal manager trumped that by flying the Welsh youngster and his family to Switzerland to personally convince him to join the club.

The final line of the Sport article says: The seductiveness of Frenchman is inexhaustible.

Whatever your views of him, it’s hard to argue with that.

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/07/report-wengers-private-meeting-seduced-sanchez/

Arsene Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:26 am

Arsene indeed Proud

He's so highly thought by everyone outside England while in England they treat him like crap, well most anyway.

And it seems that Arsene wasn't only enjoying the beach as some Arsenal fans cynically thought.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:14 am

+1
Arsene remains a compelling reason for top talent to choose Arsenal, contrary to increasingly popular belief.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:08 am

Playing volleyball on the Copacabana was all part of his poker game.

:bow:

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:55 am

According to RAC1 Sanchez has agreed a £150k p/week contract, making him the second highest paid player after Ozil, who is on £160k

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/alexis-sanchez-accepts-150000-a-week-contract-to-join-arsenal-from-barcelona-4791585/

Good to see us not mucking around on the price, its a significant increase on his Barca weekly wage of 75k. Lets hope hes worth it, I'm confident he will be (if it goes through of course).
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:59 am

I doubt that's p/w. I read 105k p/w. Theo was our top earner at 120k. Don't think Özil was much higher than that, if at all.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Ozil was widely considered to be on £140k p/w as our highest earner. I'd imagine Sanchez would be on similar amounts.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Peccadillo wrote:Yeah, RM signing Gustavo will only further annoy an already unsettled Khedira.

Marca say that RM want £32mil for him now;
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/07/real-madrid-willing-to-sell-sami-khedira-for-40m-should-arsenal/

I think that's a stupid price for an out of favour, central midfielder with as many limitations as Khedira does.

£20-25mil already sounds a little on the high side, I think Arsene will pay up to 25. Anything more would be rightfully declined.
you got it wrong.

The club and Ancelotti would be glad to keep Khedira, in fact, he was offered to renew his contract but he didnt do it. He has one year left on his deal and if he doesnt want to renew, we will sell him this summer. He isnt a starter anymore, so in a way i understand him.

Luiz Gustavo is one of the names managed to replace him in case he moves.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Sanchez would have returned to Italy had Wenger not intervened and persuaded him to join Arsenal.

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/wenger-sedujo-alexis-sanchez-una-reunion-privada-brasil-3364817
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:41 pm

We haven't seen much action from the WOB side of things lately, have we?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Peccadillo wrote:^ +1 I actually think it'll be more a case of Sanchez (if it goes through) and Walcott playing narrow, with Ozil and Rambo patrolling wide areas from the midfield.

As for Remy..
The whole issue with our current striking options is that they all only work in a two-striker system.. Its Wrong to say that Walcott and Poldi don't work as strikers, because they do. Incl Sanchez, all are easily capable strikers but none are at all suitable to the lone role. Whereas I believe Remy is.

Mole (as I believe you are colloquially known) may be able to offer more insight on this as I haven't really analysed the effectiveness of Remy in the lone striker role in contrast to when they used two strikers.. as I know Newcastle would change between the two. All I know is that Remy can play as a lone striker and should be capable against mid table sides and lower.

He works fine in both, as i said he's at his best when he can either run at defenses or make runs in behind because of his Walcott like pace and movement.

But unlike Sanchez, Walcott and Podolski he is genuinely a 9, the comparison between them and him baffles me as they have proven they can't consistently play there due to an inability to hold the ball up and link play.

Remy does the things, not as good as Giroud obviously but he can do it while adding things Giroud can't do. As i said he's not the long term answer but as cover for Giroud he's fine.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Chilevision (ChileTV) confirm that Alexis will be an #Arsenal player next season, and they add "We (chileans) are all Gooners now."

I cant take this anymore, just announce the signing already. Laughing 

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Poldi, Theo haven't been given a fair shot in that striker role, they have only played there for 3 or 4 games because Giroud was either injured,rested or suspended. Anyway when it comes to holding the ball up and linking up with midfield, i fail to see how Remy is a better player than them in that regards.

Last edited by EL Patron on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:48 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Chilevision (ChileTV) confirm that Alexis will be an #Arsenal player next season, and they add "We (chileans) are all Gooners now."

I cant take this anymore, just announce the signing already. Laughing 

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 14 4K7pzPa
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

He works fine in both, as i said he's at his best when he can either run at defenses or make runs in behind because of his Walcott like pace and movement.

But unlike Sanchez, Walcott and Podolski he is genuinely a 9, the comparison between them and him baffles me as they have proven they can't consistently play there due to an inability to hold the ball up and link play.

Remy does the things, not as good as Giroud obviously but he can do it while adding things Giroud can't do. As i said he's not the long term answer but as cover for Giroud he's fine.

Cover for Giroud? more like benching Giroud. Laughing 

Trust me, any decent striker can bench Giroud at Arsenal. I dont think I have ever seen a striker that is slower than every CB in the league.

Not fan of Giroud, cant stand him starting for us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 pm

EL Patron wrote:Poldi, Theo haven't been given a fair shot in that striker role, they have only played there for 3 or 4 games because Giroud was either injured,rested or suspended. When it comes to holding the ball up and linking up with midfield, i fail to see how Remy is a better player than them in that regards.

Because he's a striker and they are not lol, its really not that hard to comprehend.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm

EL Patron wrote:Poldi, Theo haven't been given a fair shot in that striker role, they have only played there for 3 or 4 games because Giroud was either injured,rested or suspended. When it comes to holding the ball up and linking up with midfield, i fail to see how Remy is a better player than them in that regards.

Because he's a striker and they are not lol, its really not that hard to comprehend.

Remy is not even a striker, he is a failed Winger  Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:13 pm

nah i have changed my opinion, remy has quite a good goal scoring record. would be a good addition to the squad, would prob even start for us.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Remy scored 14 goals before the new year last season in a shite team who create f all.

He wouldn't hold you back at all and so what if i did? he's cheap you can move him on and buy better.

You gave yourself away there, Loic. You really want out of Newcastle, don't you?

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:18 pm

EL Patron wrote:

Couldn't we say the same about you're all time top goalscorer?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:23 pm

EL Patron wrote:

Couldn't we say the same about you're all time top goalscorer?

He was young when he made the switch tho, Remy been a failed Winger for donkeys  Laughing 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Remy switched to striker about 6 years ago lol... anyway i'll stop there i'm sure you're as bored of it as much as i am.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:18 pm

was fun while it lasted  Sad 

Anyway after we complete the signing of Dirty Sanchez and Debuchy, I can't see us signing Remy. Think Arsene will try to sign a CB and Goalie instead.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next