M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The FA Cup Celebration Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The FA Cup Celebration Thread

Post by Jay29 Sat May 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Unbelievable final. We went through everything. 2-0 down inside 8 minutes and we all thought "oh *bleep*" and then we started playing awfully then Santi just curled that mofo right into the top corner and we all went mental. The second half is just as crap and the ref doesn't give us four stonewall penalties. Koscielny equalises and everyone goes mental again. Then Gibbs misses a sitter and went through every single swear we could think of and we're into extra time again. Giroud hits the bar and Sanogo is just a tempest of limbs and we're all screaming at the telly for Arsene to put Rosicky and Wilshere on. Ramsey scores a beautiful winning goal, I'm on the floor being dog-piled, two fifty year old men flopping about of top of me and I don't even care because we're actually winning a trophy. Then Fabiasnki decides to have a brain dead moment and we all collectively shit ourselves. Then the whistle goes and we all cheer, then the house down the road cheers as well.

So guys, how was your afternoon?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Since Arsenal Last Won a Trophy i just had a dinner and posted some pics on my twitter Razz
so long https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img96/5076/trolldolski.gif
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat May 17, 2014 3:38 pm

GTF in. you just knew that we would make things harder than it should have. Thats the Arsenal way of course.
btw, Cant believe i waited 9 years to see an Arsenal lift a trophy and when the moment finally comes, i missed it because i looked away for 1 second. :facepalm: 
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 17, 2014 3:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:The smile on Arsene's face man.
Wonderful.

I know I've criticised him bad before, but I'm genuinely happy for him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat May 17, 2014 3:41 pm

Sina wrote:Since Arsenal Last Won a Trophy i just had a dinner and posted some pics on my twitter Razz
so long https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img96/5076/trolldolski.gif

my first thoughts after the game was this ffs
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 3:44 pm

It's just not an arsenal game without Heart attacks and shittery lol.

2 goals within 10 minutes. Typical Arsenal start. I honestly thought we were going to crack and concede more but credit to the team and specially that Gibbs header off the line.

After that it was just a typical game of attack, create chances but obviously we were going to do it our style which was...

Abuse Giroud? check
Praise Giroud? check
Podolski not running? check
Moan at the referee? check
Praise Ramsey? check
We nearly concede? check
We miss a sitter? check.
Extra time? check.

I went crazy when Ramsey scored lol. Ran up and down the house chanting Yes. Laughing

And the final whistle man.

We have had good times together, bad times. some great times. But this will go down as the best moment in the last 9 years.

It's an FA Cup indeed. But it's the 9 year worth of climax(pls don't get it wrong way).

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 17, 2014 3:45 pm

https://24.media.tumblr.com/26c7d4cc00e33e78576beb30fdcd3277/tumblr_n5qgnavzTw1qje8d0o1_500.png
https://24.media.tumblr.com/46610417a55a71cbf8eaabb4d3939d1c/tumblr_n5qgnh0PmE1rf0z26o1_500.jpg
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat May 17, 2014 3:46 pm

that gibbs miss !!!
that fabianski howler !!!
that smile on arsene face !!!

that trophy lift from mertasacker and kosc

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 3:51 pm

Wenger: "We made a demonstration of how to respond to 2-0 down, and a demonstration how not to start a final."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat May 17, 2014 3:52 pm

[img]The FA Cup Celebration Thread - Page 2 Squidward-deflate-o GIFSoup[/img]
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat May 17, 2014 4:00 pm

It should be acknowledged that Hull put a real fight and represented themselves well. Given how Wigan, for example, beat Man City just last year in the FA Cup final, it shouldn't ever be assumed that a "lesser" club will fail to show up with a plan and to play with heart. All the Hull fans can keep their heads high.

But damn was it satisfying when we got each of those goals back.

Sanogo: still raw, and like Giroud he's big and clumsy, but I feel like his movement is a little more creative and unpredictable than Giroud's. He works hard, too. Looks like he wants to get that first goal bad and the team wants to help him in that endeavor. Jury's still out on him as a genuine prospect for Arsenal, but I think he could develop into a very, very good player.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 17, 2014 4:05 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Unbelievable final. We went through everything. 2-0 down inside 8 minutes and we all thought "oh *bleep*" and then we started playing awfully then Santi just curled that mofo right into the top corner and we all went mental. The second half is just as crap and the ref doesn't give us four stonewall penalties. Koscielny equalises and everyone goes mental again. Then Gibbs misses a sitter and went through every single swear we could think of and we're into extra time again. Giroud hits the bar and Sanogo is just a tempest of limbs and we're all screaming at the telly for Arsene to put Rosicky and Wilshere on. Ramsey scores a beautiful winning goal, I'm on the floor being dog-piled, two fifty year old men flopping about of top of me and I don't even care because we're actually winning a trophy. Then Fabiasnki decides to have a brain dead moment and we all collectively shit ourselves. Then the whistle goes and we all cheer, then the house down the road cheers as well.

So guys, how was your afternoon?

Jay Proud

Pretty much the same emotion.
When the first goal went in I thought this was bad and knew it was down to our nerves and big game failures in the past. When the second went in, I was like stunned. I was thinking is this Liverpool and Chelsea all over again. But I never for long got to down and negative, because I promised myself I will be positive throughout the match and whenever thought of: 'oh, we're going to lose this match.' 'We're never going to win a title again.' 'My friends are totally going to kill me with their mockery on Monday.' I just blocked those thoughts out and willed the team on from in front of the tv.
When Cazorla scored, I jumped right up and screamed like crazy "that's it! Come on!!!" and I was pumped after that I thought we would go on and get a second quickly after that. But it cooled off a bit in the late stages of the first half. Halftime I was reading tweets and the fans were so negative. But I still believed we could do it. I went outside in the backyard, and went to stare at my huge "Arsenal" which I wrote in the sand when the clock struck 00h00 this morning. Went back in for the second half, and it was a wave of emotion riding as I tried to block out negative thoughts. Then we got the equaliser. I got up and jumped and screamed again. Don't know what this time around. But I quickly went to sit back down again, and expected a winner. When Gibbs missed that, I screamed just as loud as the goals. "How could he miss that", I said to myself but followed it up with thoughts of 'It's alright Gibbo, it's over. Just focus again.'
When Giroud hit the crossbar in first half of extra time I shouted again and leaned back in the couch as I held my head and closed my eyes. Fighting off negative thoughts again. I miss say at this time I was at my most nervous and I didn't want this going to penalties. And then Wenger made THOSE changes. Just like Sanogo came on and gave us more energy and more play in attack in normal time, so did Wilshere and Rosicky. They immediately created a opportunity and I was plauding Wenger for that. I was watching the match alone the whole time with my grandma laying in her bedroom. And my auntie and her boyfriend in the kitchen. My granddad came home and I just thought that with him now there's more Arsenal spirit in the room and we'll win this. Then it came!!! Ramsey's goal. I jumped up big time this time. I screamed "Yesssssssss Ramsey!!!!" My granddad sitting in his chair and a little bit quieter but also effective screaming "Yes! Just hold on now."
Then came the Mertesacker tumble which looked like it happened in a century's time Laughing and then I thought Koscielny would get across and close off the danger but then I saw some person wearing green running out towards the ball.. I was like "What are you doing??!!!!" And then that Hull player beat him to the ball and when he shot that ball I felt the feeling of it ball going in. That was my first real acceptance of negativity in that game, but all of the believe throughout the game was strong enough that that ball didn't go in. And when it didn't I knew! Yep, I knew. We were going to be victorious.
When the referee blew that final whistle, I was again for one last time screaming "Yessssssssssss!!!!!!!".
And that was it. Very Happy
I watched on the trophy celebrations just smiling with this huge eco smile on my face.
When Vermaelen lifted the trophy I got up and imitated him. Of course everyone does that when their team lifts the trophy. Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Benry Sat May 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Finally, after so much ridicule and mockery.

JUST BUZZING!!!!

So happy for Arsene Wenger. Arsenal never do it easy but that was some hardcore comic book s***. I mean 2-0 down ref useless as anything it's just great.

Oh lol @ Mourinho and the media, those breh needs to have a word with himself.

Congrats guys we deserve, the players deserve it, the club deserve it and Arsene Wenger deserves it!
Benry
Benry
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat May 17, 2014 4:17 pm

we need to win it next season to be the record fa cup holders again lol, we are level with man utd
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat May 17, 2014 4:18 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bn3Q_seCIAA_e03.jpg

Proud

posted more pics in Multimedia thread Thumbs up
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat May 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Anyone going to the parade tomorrow?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat May 17, 2014 4:29 pm

We can win another trophy on August 10th when we play Man City in the Community Shield cheers

Seems like ages ago, but Gibbs' goal line clearance to stop Bruce from scoring a third was such a big moment in the game. If we had gone 3-0 down I don't think we would've come back.

Wenger bringing on Sanogo after 60 minutes also turned out to be a good move. So raw, yet so hard working and just makes a nuisance of himself. He was involved in just about every move we had.

Ramsey's winner was such a great goal, too. Giroud's back heel, and the technique and accuracy involved in Ramsey's shot. I said that he could be a difference maker and he came up trumps today. What a player he is and what a season he's had.

I've seen us playing three other FA Cup finals. 2002 was the crowning glory of an amazing season, 2003 was scrappy but a great consolation prize and 2005 was glorious, but I think this one has to be the most epic I've seen, even if it wasn't the most fluid of performances.

The parade can be watched on Arsenal Player tomorrow.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Indeed. Gibbs' goal line clearance was massive. And again, indeed, no better player to get our winning goal than Ramsey. He has been nothing short of spectacular and immense this season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat May 17, 2014 4:37 pm

One thing... if theo thinks hes going to be taking free kicks next season.....

Cant believe weve won a trophy, going to take some time sink in. Has anyone seen that f****** "whenarsenallastwonatrophy" website?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 17, 2014 4:38 pm

I've seen us lift 3 trophies now, excluding the usual Emirates Cup Razz

2004 the PL when I was 7.
2005 the FA Cup, 8.
And now 2014, 17. Proud

I know that I started watching football in 2003, even if at a tender age and I only watched it on a few occasions whenever I saw my granddad watch it on tv. It's far back and I was young, so I may have watched the 2003 FA Cup success, but I can't remember that one.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 17, 2014 4:39 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:One thing... if theo thinks hes going to be taking free kicks next season.....

Cant believe weve won a trophy, going to take some time sink in. Has anyone seen that f****** "whenarsenallastwonatrophy" website?
Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat May 17, 2014 4:44 pm

What are we celebrating Arsenal haven’t won a trophy for 2 hours. eco smile 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor