The_Badger
chad4401
Zealous
Lex
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 02, 2014 1:24 am

what's the schedule Tom?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 5 Empty Re: Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 02, 2014 1:38 am

We were only expecting to be competent in Serie A after a few seasons lol
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri May 02, 2014 2:33 am

of course, nothing new here.

juve can't cheat in europe. if the ref was italian you bet that offside goal would of counted.

FORZA BENFICA!!!
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 02, 2014 2:34 am

Great fan you are, lmfao.

Pathetic rat.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri May 02, 2014 2:37 am

serie a was stronger when inter dominated.

now the champions can't get out of the cl group stages. lmao

Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri May 02, 2014 2:48 am

Rossonero the troll has returned :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri May 02, 2014 2:52 am

Juveman17 wrote:Rossonero the troll has returned :bow:

just checking in on juventus.Smile Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri May 02, 2014 3:07 am

when serie a fans go at it >>>>> :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 02, 2014 3:11 am

Serie A was shite when Inter won the CL.

Just so happens the only good team in the league was the best team in Europe the rest of the league was still shite.

It's much better now, a shining example of how these league v league wankfests based on European results are so damn stupid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 02, 2014 3:14 am

Everyone worth their salt knows that Juve have been and always will be European chokers. No matter the quality of Serie A throughout the years, Juve have very rarely overcome their tendency for mediocrity on the big stage.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 02, 2014 3:20 am

We've choked, sure

But I love how Juve making plenty of finals = choke, but when some random club makes 1 final after half a century they had an exceptional, unforgettable season

Chokers? Sure

Mediocre? No

If that's the case, the only team that isn't mediocre each year is the eventual winners of the CL.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 02, 2014 3:23 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:We've choked, sure

But I love how Juve making plenty of finals = choke, but when some random club makes 1 final after half a century they had an exceptional, unforgettable season

Chokers? Sure

Mediocre? No

If that's the case, the only team that isn't mediocre each year is the eventual winners of the CL.
You have to be rated first to be a choker. A choker club snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 02, 2014 3:23 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Serie A was shite when Inter won the CL.

Just so happens the only good team in the league was the best team in Europe the rest of the league was still shite.

It's much better now, a shining example of how these league v league wankfests based on European results are so damn stupid.

that year Inter won the league with just 2 points on Roma and it had to wait just the last minute of last matchday to win ... so  the opponent was not so scrub . on the other hand that Roma was underrated, if we think the top player of Juve forward before of this year was Vucinic or it had the prime Pizarro who is still the engine of this Fiorentina so  much praised . Prime De Rossi-prime Pizarro would be still a GOAT midfield in Italy..and Burdisso ,Riise and Juan were amazing that year
Anyway that Inter was the last great Italian team as tetified with CL result  . But on the other hand it had Mourinho , one of greatest manager ever and infact he is back in EPL. He is too much for this Serie A.
Conte is good , but he has showed defects typical of new Italian school of managers , not brave (3-5-2 forever) , dogmatic , fior using an Italian term " provinciali"
Anyway Juventus has room for growth  , as it was for Inter of Mancini, but that club evolved changing manager, I don't think Juve will walk this way, Conte is never been discussed, rated as a top player (some Juve fan even thinks United can be interested to him) , it easier to image other changes as the module.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 02, 2014 4:03 am

Forza wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:We've choked, sure

Chokers? Sure

Mediocre? No

You have to be rated first to be a choker. A choker club snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.
rofl qoty
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Fri May 02, 2014 4:45 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Serie A was shite when Inter won the CL.

the league has been passed by portugal. lmao it's been on the decline for the longest time. juve, 100 punti in the league, yet are shit outside of italy. the first decent european team they face and they can't win.

Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri May 02, 2014 5:36 am

I don't like this thread neither i like conte comments regarding benfica not deserving to go to final, he goes on to say "“What didn’t work was that we didn't get that incident going our way" if you want to play that way its totally fine then give me a favor and do not accuse others with claims like lacking sportsman culture and similar statements. How about taking some responsibility?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri May 02, 2014 5:47 am

I agree with Papa Tom, Juventus' European choking isn't soaked in mediocrity, just simple choking. Most of the time (from my own personal viewing) it tends to be underestimating the opponent's desire to win and how much they are willing to do what they have to do to win.

As for Juve101's post, the contradictions are just too damn high. Anyway, every European football campaign has to have a flop. For a couple of years it was Real Madrid but this year, Juventus takes the unfortunate cake.

Knocked out in a group containing Gala and Copenhagen in the UCL and failing to make it to a final that was gonna be in their back yard in a competition that they deemed irrelevant.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 am

Zealous wrote:Real Madrid won a European Cup playing 3-5-2.

The formation has good qualities but it's obvious the players don't fit that system.

we had players like Redondo, Raul and R. Carlos
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 02, 2014 10:06 am

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 5 BmnhllKCcAA6B-B

European DNA Molenation
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri May 02, 2014 10:50 am

I tried to hide my frustration saying I wasnt mad but I was and it came out in that one sentence. Overall though all I was saying is that even though some people will call it flopping, I disagree. Just ny looking at the scoreline you could say we flopped yes, but we were the better team in the second leg and the firs leg was very even. Same thing against Madrid. Very even first leg, we were better in the second leg. Who wins is not nwcessarily always better, unless for example you considered Chelsea better than Bayern and Barca in 2011/12. Dont know how that can even be argued.

And seriously Tom, grow up and stop insulting me. At this point its pathetic by you that you make such a habit of insulting me for no reason. Very childish.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 02, 2014 10:57 am

Juve need Godolski to compete for UCL
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 02, 2014 11:35 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
Dante wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Havent even gotten in the thread yet and already being insulted? Oh well, guess I shouldnt expect better. And Tomwin Lannister, ive been a Juve fan longer than youve probably been alive.

Anyways, some of the blame should go to Conte for 1. Playing the 352, and 2. Not starting Marchisio (who created more in the 20 minutes he was on than Pogba, Pirlo, and Vidal put together in 90 minutes). But overall im actually not mad. Disappointed yea, but not mad at our players or coach. We were clearly the better team, just like against Real Madrid, but we lacked width, and most of all lacked finishing. Finishing has been our problem since Trezeguet left and it still is. Yes its gotten far better than the last few years with the addition of Llorente and Tevez, but its still not good enough. The players are good enough, but the finishing when it matters just wasnt.

To call us flops though is a joke. We were not outplayed a single time in Europe this season or last outside of the Bayern ties. I know the scoreline is what matters i the end but not all of it, certainly not to me at least. For example, id rather be the better team and lose than park the bus and win. I know Benfica didnt park it, but its just an example. We were the better team, as well as against Madrid, so I think its very harsh to xall us flops.

Overall, im very disappointed, very pissed off to be perfectly honest but we just need to move on from here, win the game on the weekend to clinch the Scudetto and then start thinking about next year. I think we have a serious shot at winning the CL in all honestly, were just a piece or two away. So lets do it.

Could you decide? i feel this post suffers from.. mental contradiction , one might say..?  

Anyway , whatever it is , clearly the pissed off part of you writes bs , you are flops and you clearly weren't the better team , not tonight , not against Madrid , not anywhere in europe where you didn't manage to win.

Have some dignity in defeat man , Benfica fully and 100% deserved to get to the final , they proved that both home and away. It just gets on my nerves watching a great Benfica making it all the way against all odds , only to read that they weren't the better team. Ohh but they were. That's why they are in the final right now , because they did better.

Lmfao

That's the best post I have seen in a while rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Fri May 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Couldn't agree more.

We are huge European flops right now :facepalm:

Tevez has been fine in the league this season but you can clearly tell he has zero confidence in Europe. All his shots are weak or off target, his decision making is shocking ffs.

We have a complete wildcard in the form of Lldonkey. One match he's got the inspiration of Van Basten inside him then the next it's like Matri all over again. A 2ft traffic cone would have more effect on the pitch some games.

Benfica defended extremely well, Luisao was definitely MOTM in both legs, he and Garay stood unbelievably strong at home and at the Juventus arena where when the fans get going it can be a very intimidating place to come to so congrats to them.

With the 2 attacking 'upgrades' we made at the beginning of the season in both strikers I'v mentioned, I know it still isn't enough when we can't score when we need to against teams such as the Benfica's, Gala's and Copenhagen ffs :facepalm: if we can't do it to them how the hell are we going to do it vs Bayern, Atletico, Barca, Chelsea etc.

Every other top team in the CL usually has atleast 1 WC reliable and consistent forward. Barca - messi, Madrid - Ronaldo, Atletico - costa, PSG - Ibra etc etc ffs even Liverpool will have more of an impact in the CL with the goal machine that is Suarez.

Juventus - Tevez, who finally scored his first goal in a European competition last week after not scoring for around 5 years.

Our most consistent and reliable player, who for the past 2 years has been up there in our scoring charts, is Vidal. A box to bob midfielder. He shouldn't be our main goal outlet when things get tough, nor should it be marchisio's, pogba's or pirlo's. Strikers get paid for goals, let's be serious here. And ours keep choking.

Our lack of clinical and deadly instincts from our forwards is what has let us down the most. We don't have problems in creating chances, by far one of our better strengths. What's the first thing a coach will drill into a young forward 'take you're chances', but they never do, they never look excited or up for it, there's not one bit of passion that you'll see from players like Suarez, Rooney, Ronaldo etc we have Tevez running into walls looking confused and Lldonkey doing a top notch impression of a street lamp with a timid look on his face. This sort of passion isn't just for top players though markovic (sp?) had a great game, he looked excited and up for it, running us ragged constantly, causing actual problems.

I know all we hear from Marotta, Agnelli etc is we don't have the money to pay over 30mil on one player but it's their job to convince the investors to put some more money into the club and explain how it is necessary so that we can compete with the best and in-turn make more money. It is a MUST we have at least 1 WC forward for us to compete in the CL. A player like Suarez would be perfect and give us that hunger and sharpness up front, I know it won't happen though because we won't pay what Liverpool want and the guy probably would want to stay at Liverpool anyway.

We seriously need to make some noise in the market this summer and stop being stingy. If we don't then it's just going to be a serie a title every year till another serie a club clocks on we aren't investing and does so themselves and knocks us down which will happen.

I know it isn't just the forwards fault and we have other problems in the team but they get chance after chance and still fluff it, heads need to roll when it's happening too much, improvements made.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 02, 2014 1:56 pm

juventus101 wrote:I tried to hide my frustration saying I wasnt mad but I was and it came out in that one sentence. Overall though all I was saying is  that even though some people will call it flopping, I disagree. Just ny looking at the scoreline you could say we flopped yes, but we were the better team in the second leg and the firs leg was very even. Same thing against Madrid. Very even first leg, we were better in the second leg. Who wins is not nwcessarily always better, unless for example you considered Chelsea better than Bayern and Barca in 2011/12. Dont know how that can even be argued.

And seriously Tom, grow up and stop insulting me. At this point its pathetic by you that you make such a habit of insulting me for no reason. Very childish.

It's pretty insulting that you've made a habit of posting this drivel after every Juventus/Bayern loss.

Both Bayern and Juventus got knocked out in embarrassing fashion and you're out here posting about how Juve were better than the teams they deservedly lost to Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Fri May 02, 2014 1:57 pm

hmm I think what you need is more a creative player and not necessarily a striker, as im looking most your shots were from far.
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 pm

They need an elite forward. Tevez doesn't make good runs and his finishing is poor while Llorente is far too slow and limited in the things he can do. Need a guy the CBs actually need to worry about constantly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next