terrance511
titosantill
guest7
Valkyrja
Onyx
36 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

LA DECIMMAAAAAA REAL MADRID 4-1 ATLETICO - Page 3 Empty Re: LA DECIMMAAAAAA REAL MADRID 4-1 ATLETICO

Post by Nedved Fri May 09, 2014 6:57 am

Ancelloti says team is a bit exhausted Mentally. I hope the players pick themselves up for the CL Final. Ancelloti has lot of talking to do to the team.

It will be an extremely physical game - like it or not. We need the midfield to be combative otherwise they can easily overrun Modric & Illara. Honestly I wouldn't play Khedira against less physical teams but in this one - HELL Yes.  I will play him or Casemiro in 4-4-2.

--------------Iker----------------
Dani---Pepe----Ramos---Coentrao
Bale-----Sami/Casemiro-----Modric----Di Maria
--------Benzema------Ronaldo

Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

LA DECIMMAAAAAA REAL MADRID 4-1 ATLETICO - Page 3 Empty Re: LA DECIMMAAAAAA REAL MADRID 4-1 ATLETICO

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 09, 2014 7:39 am

Anyone in the midfield but Illara.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale should both be fine to play in May 24's Champions League final against Atletico Madrid, even though injury concerns saw both sit out Sunday's 2-0 La Liga defeat at Celta Vigo.

Ronaldo has completed just two of Madrid's last nine games in all competitions, and missed the trip to Vigo as he recovers from the "muscular fatigue" which saw him substituted early in Madrid's 1-1 draw at Valladolid the previous Wednesday.

Bale missed the game at Valladolid due to a "knock," the exact details of which have not been confirmed by the club.

The Wales winger did travel with the squad for Sunday's game at Balaidos, but remained on the bench throughout the 90 minutes, even though Madrid kicked off still with an outside chance of taking the title given leaders Atletico Madrid and second placed Barcelona have also been stumbling lately.

The Italian coach told his postgame news conference that he had decided against taking any risk with the ex-Tottenham player.

"[Bale] is not 100 percent," Ancelotti said. "He got a knock, but I decided not to risk him, especially when I could have put him on. I wanted to avoid any problems."

Ancelotti said Ronaldo's injury was responding well to treatment and both "galacticos" could be back for Madrid's last La Liga game of the season at home to Espanyol next weekend and especially the Champions League final against Atletico in Lisbon seven days later.

"Ronaldo underwent treatment this morning and is almost fully recovered," he said. "We have a fortnight to prepare for the match and I think they'll be completely fit for the final. I think he'll be able to play against Espanyol [next Saturday]."

Madrid defender Sergio Ramos -- whose slip let in Celta striker Charles to opening the scoring on Sunday's first goal -- told reporters after the game that taking just two points from their last three games against Valencia, Valladolid and Celta was just not good enough.

"After a great season in this competition the team wasn't up to scratch and we've let the Liga slip away from us in a very bad way," Ramos said.

"We can't complain or let our heads go down. We have to switch gears from the last few matches. You go home feeling sad and disappointed for having let this unique opportunity to win the title pass us by. Nobody would have expected Barcelona and Atletico not to win today."

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1818426?&cc=5739

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 14, 2014 1:08 am

Benzema's MRI yesterday showed only mild inflammation round the meniscus in the left knee. Nothing to keep him out of Lisbon.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 14, 2014 4:56 am

Carlo Ancelotti spoke about the most critical part of Real Madrid's season, the final of the Champions League against Atlético in Lisbon: “We have had a magnificent season in the Champions League to get to this point. It will be exciting. To be able to become the Real Madrid manager who wins the tenth European Cup title is something that motivates me a lot. We will do everything we can to win it”.

The win against Bayern was extraordinary. Are you proud of the team and that victory?

I'm extremely proud. It wasn't an easy tie against the European champions, but we played excellently in both matches. Perhaps we were a bit timid in the first leg, but we played incredibly during the second. We defended very well and our forward players caused them problems every time they got on the ball. It was a great performance from the team.

How will you lineup the team for the final? As you said, Bayern and Atlético are two very different obstacles.

From a tactical point of view this match will be very different. We'll have the possibility of being able to control the game if we keep possession. Our goal is to be efficient and play quickly. They have very dangerous men up front. There won't be a lot of space so we'll want to move the ball around quickly.

What are Atlético's strong points?

I think their most important characteristic is the organisation of their team. They all work really hard together. They fight from the very first minute right until the end. They are a strong side, with a lot of quality players who can counter attack effectively and quickly, especially in attack. They are also very dangerous from dead ball situations.

Florentino Pérez, who was around when Real Madrid won their ninth Champions League title in 2002, has said that now the team must win its tenth. As a manager, what does it mean to be in this position and to have a chance of winning?

I am lucky because we are all extremely motivated. Everyone is on the same wavelength; the players, the club, the fans and myself. We are very close to doing it, but we know it won't be easy because Champions League finals are always very unpredictable. You don't play in the final of the Champions League every day, not every team has a chance to do this. We feel honoured because we have a chance to win a tenth European Cup.

Do you already know what you'll say to the team before the final to motivate them?

Not yet. The important thing is to make sure there's not too much tension in the air before the match. The courage, personality and character that we show on the field will be very important in the final.

Cristiano Ronaldo seems to be at its best. What can you tell us about him? Is he currently playing his best football?

I think he's in top form. But he has been for many years. That shows how professional he is and the way he sees football. He has been crucial for us in the Champions League; he has scored 16 goals. He has been a key player on the road to the final and will do everything possible to help us try to win it.

This could be your fifth trophy after winning two as a player and two as a manager. What would it mean to you to win Madrid's tenth?

Winning it will be a great achievement for the club; I like the idea of having the chance to make history at this prestigious club by winning it. The Champions League has given me a lot personally; this is the seventh final I've taken part in and I've won it four times. The chance to be the Real Madrid manager when the club wins its tenth title is a big motivation for me.

How do you prepare for a penalty shoot-out?

Taking a penalty, especially in a final, is not just a matter of technique. It's about faith, confidence and keeping calm. It's not easy to find these qualities after 120 minutes of football and at such a critical moment.

To finish, what message do you have for the fans going into the Lisbon final?

We've baked a good cake and, as we say in Italy, it's time put the cherry on top to make it even sweeter. The only problem is that Atleti have also made a good cake, and they want to put a cherry on theirs as well! Let's see who manages to do it. We've had a magnificent season in the Champions League to reach this point.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/05/ancelotti-to-be-able-to-become-the-real-madrid-manager-who-wins-the-tenth-european-cup-title-motivates-me-a-lot-

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 14, 2014 6:00 am

So Which players are doubts for the game?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 14, 2014 6:01 am

No one really.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 14, 2014 6:09 am

Oh thought Pepe was out hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed May 14, 2014 6:11 am

Nah he should be fit. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed May 14, 2014 11:34 pm

10 more days to rest and players will be fresh. Only people who I hope are tired apart from Athletico players are the Real's WAGs Smile
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 15, 2014 1:00 am

Well now that Madrid are out of the league, you can easily rest the whole team. But it's better if they are in shape though so Carlo will most likely play them all. And maybe bring off Ronaldo/Bale at 60th minute

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 15, 2014 3:16 am

Real Madrid attacker Gareth Bale insists the entire squad share the supporters' dream of claiming a 10th European title.

The Spanish giants have not won the Champions League since 2002 but reached this season's final following a 5-0 aggregate thrashing of Bayern Munich in the semi-finals.

And Bale, who has already lifted the Copa del Rey in a successful first season at Santiago Bernabeu, says the whole of Carlo Ancelotti's team is eager to clinch La Decima against rivals Atletico Madrid.

"It will be a tough final," he told the press.

"La Decima is a dream not only for our fans, but also the club. It's a dream for all of us, but it will be a difficult game."

"We are just thinking about beating Atletico. We are focused on the game, and then we'll see how we celebrate it," added Bale's team-mate Luka Modric, while Brazilian full-back Marcelo said: "There is a lot of pressure and a lot of responsibility attached with playing in a European Cup final, but we are remaining calm and focused in order to enjoy ourselves and try to win the 10th title."

Midfielder Isco says he is "honoured" to have reached the final of Europe's top club competition, while Dani Carvajal is hopeful a strong showing in the Lisbon clash could be enough for him to force his way into Vicente del Bosque's 23-man Spain squad for the World Cup.

"We'll do everything possible to win the Champions League," said Isco.

"We all know that the Champions League is the most important competition in the world. For that reason it is an honour to play in the final and we will do everything we can to win it."

Carvajal added: "I'll do everything I can in order to make it into the definitive list of players for the World Cup.

"Now I'm trying to make the most of the moment. I'm delighted to be part of the provisional list for the World Cup and will do everything I can to make it into the definitive list, but the most important thing right now is the Champions League final."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2014/05/14/4818266/la-decima-is-a-dream-for-all-of-us-bale

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 16, 2014 6:14 am

Cristiano Ronaldo spoke of his desire to win the Champions League with the Whites in an official UEFA interview. “I'm very happy to form part of Real Madrid's history. I'm going to try and win as much as possible with this team and I've always dreamed of winning the Champions League with Real Madrid”, explained the Portuguese before the final against Atlético.

It will be your first Champions League final with Real Madrid and you'll be playing Atlético in Lisbon. How are you feeling about it?

It is going to be a very special match, and in my own country too. I'm very happy and excited. We know it's going to be a very tricky match because Atlético are having a great year, they're a very good team with a great coach. But we're going to try and win and play our best. The team is doing well and feeling confident.

Do you remember when you were a boy and you used to watch other teams lift the trophy?

As a kid I remember watching the big finals and seeing the players lift the Champions League trophy. It's a moment that all Madrid fans dream of, the Décima. We're all really excited, so we have to win.

How have you changed since winning the Champions League with Manchester United?

I've changed for the better, or course. I won the Champions league with Manchester United and now this is my fifth season with Real Madrid. I've always dreamed of winning this competition with this club.

It has been twelve years since Real Madrid last won the Champions League, what would winning the Décima mean for the club and for you?

It is a trophy we have spent years trying to win. As a result, from the very first day we arrive at the club we feel a positive kind of pressure geared towards winning the Champions League. This year it feels like we are just one small step away from doing it. Pressure is a part of football and of playing for Real Madrid. We are used to having to win all the time, but it is fine. I like the pressure because it makes me a better player. It is a special kind of adrenalin we feel.

In order to make that final step you will have to beat Atlético Madrid, a team you know well. How can you win against Atlético?

We have to play the same way we have in previous games. We’ve been successful doing that and have beaten huge teams. This will be a difficult challenge. Atlético Madrid is a very compact side and is very strong mentally. It is always difficult to predict who the winner will be in a final. It is a very different kind of match and I think it will be decided on the smallest of details.

How would you evaluate this season in the Champions League?

I think in terms of teamwork Real Madrid has shown itself to be an excellent side and one that deserves to win the trophy. On a personal level, it has gone well for me. I am the top goalscorer in the competition and I’m very happy about that. That wasn’t my aim at the start of the Champions League season, but things have gone well for me. My teammates have helped me a lot, and I’ll be trying to score again in the final.

This year you surpassed Di Stéfano’s scoring record in the European Cup, does that also have special meaning?

I think I am now part of the club’s history, not only for my goals. Obviously beating Di Stéfano’s record is a huge honour. I admire him a lot as a person. I never had the chance to see him play, but I have seen a few videos. Thanks to God, things have gone well for me and I am happy to be part of Real Madrid’s history. I am going to try and win as much as possible with this team, because this is my favourite club.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2014/05/cristiano-ronaldo-ive-always-dreamed-of-winning-the-champions-league-with-real-madrid

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Fri May 16, 2014 6:23 am

@Yohan Modric - Please read rules of posting news reports. You don't need to post the entire piece. Just heading and the source link is good enough.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 16, 2014 6:27 am

I think that rule is just for 'The Telegraph'.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Fri May 16, 2014 6:48 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I think that rule is just for 'The Telegraph'.

That is an example.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 16, 2014 6:55 am

It's easier for me to just read it here than having to go to another site then back if I ever feel the need to post my thoughts on it.

If anything, MT could consider spoiler tags if the large amount of text bothers you. Besides this section is pretty dead and he does a good job of posting relevant information.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 16, 2014 7:08 am

Nah don't think it's an example. hmm

All La Decima news should be on here. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Ancelotti say's Illarra is first choice for the final and Khedira could be an option.

Carlo Ancelotti spoke with the press ahead of the La Liga fixture with Espanyol. The Italian coach, who confirmed that “Cristiano Ronaldo will play because he is available and doesn't have any problems”, spoke about the last game of the season: “There should be a great atmosphere in order to help the team prepare for the final. We will play with lots of intensity because it is our last match in front of our fans. I expect a very good atmosphere. The fans are going to show their support and love in order to get the team ready for the final.

We are going to give Khedira a run out because he needs it after being out for a while. He played well in Vigo for an hour and didn't have any problems afterwards. He could be an option for the Champions League final”.

WE HAVE THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF INTENSITY AND LEVEL-HEADEDNESS TO PLAY IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.

“We have to approach the week leading up to the final in as normal a way as possible. We have to remain calm enough to prepare ourselves for it well. Almost all the players have recovered from their injuries in time and that is important. We are not going to do anything out of the ordinary”.

The video and team talk before the final of the European Cup
“It would take a long time to prepare a video of everything we've achieved to date in the Champions League and we have to make a video that captures the players' attention”.

Illarra's work
“He's our first choice for the final. We signed him to play there and he's used to playing in that position. I haven't changed my mind. He's a player who has the quality needed to play in every match, whether it's important or not. He didn't play at first, but we were happy with his work and next year he's going to be better. He has enough quality to play a final”.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 17, 2014 12:57 am

Hmm, well Illarra can be fine against Atletico with their lack of attacking sense. But no Alonso is a worry still.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 am

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue May 20, 2014 6:42 am

Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says both Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema will be fit for Saturday's Champions League final against Atletico Madrid.

Ronaldo looked set to make his return from a hamstring problem sustained against Valladolid on May 7 in last weekend's Liga clash with Espanyol.

However, he was forced to pull out of the game after experiencing some discomfort in his thigh during the warm-up, while Benzema was forced off injured 67 minutes into the game at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Ancelotti, though, fully expects the pair to be available to face Atletico in Lisbon this weekend.

"I believe that both will play," he told reporters on Monday. "The two of them are fine."

Saturday's Madrid derby is scheduled to kick off at 20:45CET.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2014/05/19/4828778/ancelotti-ronaldo-benzema-will-be-fit-for-champions-league

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue May 20, 2014 10:09 pm

According to Carlo's press conference Ronaldo will be ready for the final while Pepe and Benzema are doubtful for next weeks game.

I hope we don't play a 4-4-2 if Benzema can't make it, we should play the 4-3-3 and put Morata in there instead of experimenting
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed May 21, 2014 1:44 am

Benzema's presence in the final will be very important especially with Bale and Ronaldo up top.

Pepe has had a killer season and I hope he makes it in time for the final. If not I'm glad we have Varane who can step up to the task.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed May 21, 2014 2:21 am

halamadrid2 wrote:According to Carlo's press conference Ronaldo will be ready for the final while Pepe and Benzema are doubtful for next weeks game.

I hope we don't play a 4-4-2 if Benzema can't make it, we should play the 4-3-3 and put Morata in there instead of experimenting

Morata ain't starting a CL final, you can forget about it Laughing 
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next