Osasuna Current league position: 15th.

1. Atletico Madrid - 85 points
2. Barcelona - 81 points
3. Real Madrid - 79 points
4. Athletic Bilbao - 62 points
------------------------------------------
15. Osasuna - 35 points

Real Madrid players called up:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Diego López and Jesús Fernández.
Defenders: Varane, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrão, Marcelo, Carvajal and Nacho.
Midfielders: Bale, Xabi Alonso, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco and Illarra.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema and Morata.

Real Madrid predicted lineup:

--------------Diego Lopez
---Carvajal--Varane---Ramos---Marcelo
--------Modric-Illarramendi--Isco
--------Di Maria-----------Ronaldo
-----------------Morata

Ancelotti pre match:

Real Madrid have a break in their Champions League semi-final in which to focus on the league. Ancelotti discussed the important clash with Osasuna with the media: “We are trying to get our energy back. We have to focus because we are in the fight for La Liga. The goal is to win every game until the end and tomorrow is one of them. It's not easy because we exerted a lot of energy against Bayern, but now we're trying to recover it”.

“I'm not thinking about Tuesday. We have a very important match against Osasuna and we have to try and win tomorrow. It's very important for the league. I don't think we'll change much for the match with Bayern”.

Ronaldo's fitness
“Cristiano was fine after the match with Bayern, he's recovered well and needs to play in order to find his form and he'll play tomorrow. I'll make some changes, but not too many because it's a very important match for La Liga. We have to play this match with great focus and energy, because it won't be easy”.

Possible changes
“We're unsure about certain players, such as Karim (Benzema), who picked up a knock to his knee, and Pepe. Some players are a little tired. Bale started training today and he is feeling a little weak. I'll decide tomorrow whether to play him or wait for Tuesday. I'm unsure about Benzema I'll definitely play Morata, who is working well and has scored when he's come on”.

MORATA IS WORKING VERY WELL AND HE COULD HAVE A GOOD MATCH TOMORROW.
“In some matches it's best to play with four in the middle. Defensive work is a sacrifice and everyone can do it. With Bale, Cristiano and Benzema we can also defend in that way. We're trying to defend with a system with four midfielders and apply more pressure up front. Then, the attacking phase is the same as always, with two wide wingers and a centre forward”.

Khedira
“His recovery is going very well, he's training with the team and doing strength exercises in order to keep improving. We don't know when he'll be ready to start, but we hope he can play before the end of the season”.

Future
“I'm happy here at Real Madrid. I am lucky to be working at the best club in the world and my place is here”.

Guardiola and Rummenigge's statements
“I really like him. He has brought new things to football. He had a clear style at Barcelona that he is trying it at Bayern, although it is a little more complex. He's is doing some great work. I hope the trees burn on Wednesday, when we leave, and not on Tuesday”.

Support for Tito Vilanova
“We're all concerned. We are very sorry to hear about it and hope that everything turns out well. We'll all try to be near him”.

Prediction:

Real Madrid 3-0 Osasuna

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Osasuna discussion Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Osasuna discussion

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:46 pm

This is the kind of time we could've done with more players healthy to rotate adequately. So many players need resting

If Isco is starting on Tuesday he should rest tomorrow if he is not he should start. Both Bale and Ronaldo need minutes to be in shape for Tuesday. The rest is pretty self explanatory
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Morata pls

This is an important game btw. We can still win the league so we have to take this game seriously.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:47 pm

Indications in the Spanish Press are that Alvaro Morata will partner Cristiano Ronaldo in Real Madrid’s attack this evening.

Los Blancos host Osasuna looking for the three points that could take them to within one of leaders Atletico Madrid.

And AS believe they will do so with the young forward alongside the Ballon d’Or winner in a makeshift 4-4-2.

Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale are both doubts, with a knee injury and illness respectively.

And although neither are expected to be out for a long time, Carlo Ancelotti is not willing to risk them ahead of the trip to Bayern Munich next week.

As such, Morata will get only his second League start of the campaign at Santiago Bernabeu tonight.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:04 pm

Diego Lopez; Nacho, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Illarra, Modric, Di Maria; Isco, Morata, Ronaldo

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:38 am

Good game. we completely dominated them. The passing from the back was outstanding and our transition to attack was beautiful. If we play like this with bayern they will have no chance.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:12 am

What a training match rofl

Thanks Osasuna for making this so easy for us, we will reward you by beating Valladolid Thumbs up

however I have to say there is alot more mobility when Illarra plays over Alonso but I'd like to see him there against a better team first
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Carlo Ancelotti spoke in the press room at the Santiago Bernabéu after Real Madrid's big win over Osasuna: "Everything went well for Cristiano and for all of the players. There were no problems and some have had a rest. The match was good, not high intensity, and Cristiano showed he is fine. He played with more security and confidence than on Wednesday".

“You can see the atmosphere. We are happy because it is an important aid that the ambience and group are like that and I'm sure it will help s for the next games. We want to do well and with this atmosphere the team can do more".

Second leg against Bayern
“I'm sure that I am going to pick an XI with a lot of desire and illusion. Everyone needs to be calm as we are going to prepare well. I have a lot of confidence in the players and they all need to have it. The objective is to score and not defend. This is the line we're going to work along".
IF CRISTIANO RONALDO, BENZEMA AND BALE ARE ALRIGHT, THEY WILL PLAY IN MUNICH.

“Benzema is improving and there will be no problems for Tuesday. Tomorrow he will train without problems and will be fine. Bale had the flu on Wednesday and was weak and we preferred that he did individual training this morning and now he's better".

Morata's performance
“I've never asked the forwards to score. Sometimes I ask Cristiano, because I'm sure he won't miss. Álvaro worked well against a closed Osasuna defence. His work this season is good and I hope he stays here as we need another forward. He can grow close to Karim and Cristiano. He needs to play more but that's something we'll talk of at the end of the season".

Memories of Tito Vilanova
“I didn't have a lot of time with him. Last year I played against Barcelona with PSG. The impression I got was the he was a relaxed and serene man. We are saddened because he is a colleague that has left is. Now all our support goes to the family and Barcelona, because they've lost an important figure for the club".

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down